Conditional Formatting Question #6

I want the formattin of a series of cells to be dependent on the data i
another cell. For instance, if A1 is a result of "something" then A1:A
will all turn red. How do I get that done?

--
livifivi
livifivil's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3691

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 12:31:02 -0400, livifivil
<livifivil.2bptsg_1154190996.9165@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote:

>I want the formattin of a series of cells to be dependent on the data in
>another cell. For instance, if A1 is a result of "something" then A1:A7
>will all turn red. How do I get that done??

result of what?

In general, you would enter a conditional formula of the type:

Formula Is:  =$A$1="something"

in A1:A7

--ron
0
ronrosenfeld (3122)

Question about signing XML and RSA
Hello. I am trying to sign my XML files with private/public keys but I have noticed that initiating the RSA key with either RSA.Create() or FromXMLString() takes a lot of time. I wonder why? On my machine (which is pretty fast) it takes seconds to call RSA.Create() Is it possible to skip this part and read in the keys directly? What is the fastest way to get a RSA key to pass SignedXML.SigningKey ? I have generated keys already. Thank you. /David. "David Lindgren" <david.lindgren@hogia.se.REMOVE!> wrote > I am trying to sign my XML files with private/public keys but I ...

Today Conditional Format

pre purchase question
Does GP allow for catch weight pricing out of the box or is a module needed. Thx. Bruce You need a module from Trinity (available from Azox). -- Charles Allen, MVP "Bruce" wrote: > Does GP allow for catch weight pricing out of the box or is a module needed. > Thx. > Bruce ...

query question
Can I create a query that will replace @abcwest.com with @abcbest.com in the table Customer column email and cc ? Thank you "fniles" <fniles@pfmail.com> wrote in message news:%23rGu6FUHLHA.3732@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Can I create a query that will replace @abcwest.com with @abcbest.com in > the table Customer column email and cc ? > Thank you Yes. Have a look in the BOL index under string functions. UPDATE tblCustomer SET EmailAddress = REPLACE(EmailAddress , '@abcwest.com', '@abcbest.com') WHERE CHARINDEX('@abcwest.c...

Email Template Question 03-16-06
I am trying to modify the Case Closed Acknowledgement template and would like to know if it is possible to obtain the data from the Resolved Activity which is created when you Resolve a Case and use it in the Acknowledgement. It would be nice to include what the Resolution of the Case was when this template goes out to a customer but I can't seem to figure out how to pull the fields in. ...

Two Condition Vlookup?

Can't format numbers for France in Excel 2003
I'm using the US version of Excel 2003, but need to format costs, etc., for a project in the French euro format (e.g., I need 2050.45 euros to display as 2 050,45). That currency format isn't offered in my dialog box, and if I make a custom number format that will display correctly, it doesn't operate as a number. Any suggestions? On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 08:51:03 -0700, Mary Fran <MaryFran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm using the US version of Excel 2003, but need to format costs, etc., for a >project in the French euro format (e.g., I need 2050.45 euros...

Public Folder Question #5
I have had an issue where 1 public folder does not show up on Outlook clients whose mail file has been moved to Ek23 server. Those who still have their mail on Ek55 can see the folder. The folder in question does show both ESM and Ek55 Admin. When I view Replication Status on the Public Folder Store, all folders have a replication status of 'local modified'. Any ideas on how to get the folder to show up in Outlook? Should I see a replication status of 'in sync'? Thanks in advance for the help -- DLove ...

Query condition by date range

Frx 6.7Login
Please i am a new user to FRX, i just installed Frx 6.7 and Frx forecaster and i cant seem to find out the username and password to configure the forecaster. Do i use Sql Login Password or there is one by default or what? cos i have tried all of them and none works. Any help is urgently needed!!] Regards, kmax the frx login is the same as your Great Plains login. "kmax" wrote: > Please i am a new user to FRX, i just installed Frx 6.7 and Frx forecaster > and i cant seem to find out the username and password to configure the > forecaster. Do i use Sql Login Password o...

Database question
I have a pretty big data list organized as follows: Across the top: names of states (21 in all) Column A: years (from 1965 to 2003) Columns B through U, acres planted for each state by year I want to sort the data for the top 5 states (in terms of AVERAGE acres planted) during the last 3 years. Is there a "smart formula" I can use or do I have to go through a repetitive process of sorting? Hi could you change the layout of your table. e.g. row 1: all years column A: all states Then you could add a helper column. Lets say in column X with the formula =AVERAGE(U2:W2) and sort w...

Format cells #7

sql trigger question
I created a sql Query to update 'Price', "PriceA", "PriceB", and "PriceC" based on department and category. Every department and category has different margins. Is there a way to create a trigger to run the SQL statement automatically whenever the department or category fields are modified? Victor hi Victor, yes you can do so and create such trigger, let me know you do it your own or you want our help if help then send us list of departments, categories with their percentages. Remeber this is not recommended but we can do such thing anyway at...

Formatting worksheet
I have a workbook with three worksheets and one chartsheet in it. I have notes documenting various aspects of the four sheets. Some of those notes are on electronic post-it notes and others on scraps of paper. It seems to me that a convenient way to consolidate all of my documentation for the workbook would be to add another worksheet to it and put the information in it. What would be the best way to format the worksheet so that I could type information into it as if I were using a text editor? Leslie, Excel isn't really all that set up for text. I sometimes make narrow column...

Conditional Field in Queries

how to compare project settings VC++ 6.0
Hi all, I have two MFC projects made with VC++ 6.0. How can I compare their project settings to see the differences? Is there any trick/tool to make it easier than just manually reviewing the tiny setting windows? Thanks for ideas Vaclav "Vaclav" <no@spam.please> wrote in message news:OoB2ZB2TGHA.1868@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I have two MFC projects made with VC++ 6.0. How can I compare their project > settings to see the differences? Is there any trick/tool to make it easier > than just manually reviewing the tiny setting windows? > Not ...

Follow this solution and I have the question asks you
Hi Gre You can assigns the activity to another one by workplase --> Activities --> (Dubble click the selected item) --> Action --> Assign.. I have the problem with the Appointment function. I can not use it. When I create and select the strat datetime and end datetime and save, if they are not equal then error as in even log below "MSCRM Platform Error Report ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: <description>Invalid XML.</description><details>The datetime is not valid in attribute &...

zip codes not being saved as text in CSV format
I need my file to be saved in CSV format (to import into another application). When I format the zip codes as Text or Special(zip code), they are correct in XLS format, but when I open the file in CSV format they switch back to general. Any solution? work around? Thanks so much for your help in advance!! Melissa Change the file extension to .txt and use the text import wizard to treat the column as text (last dialog) -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "MelissaM" <MelissaM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5A02627-810E-4234-8247-267D9B12FA29@microsoft.com... >...

format a column
I have a simple question to ask, I have a column in Excel is number like 142000, I want to format the whole column numbers without the two ending 0s, change 142000 to 1420, how can I do that? Thanks -- xcao ------------------------------------------------------------------------ xcao's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14538 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=471821 Enter 100 in an empty cell and copy it. Then, select your range of numbers you want to change, Right Click and go to Paste Special, and select Div...

How to return a 12 hour time format without the AM in an Access query
The format function acts differently in a query and after hours of testing, messing, and cursing, I give up. How do you return 12 hour format without the AM or PM from an Access query. In my table, I've defined the Start Time and End Time to use "Medium Time" format and it works if and ONLY if you simple include the field in the query. However, if you use the field in a more complex statement, it returns leading zeros and trailing seconds. Here's what I've tried.... 'This didn't work because it returns trailing seconds and AM/PM. '2:00:00 PM...

Conditional null value