Conditional formating using named cell

Hi.
In a pivottable in Excel 07 I have the monthly results for a
department. I use conditional formating to indicate if the spend value
for year to date exceeds the total-year-plan with more than a certain
pct.

This pct will change over the year, depending on the month shown.

Till now I have typed the value in the conditional formating:
=3D($J9*4/12)<$G9

[J is total-year-plan and G is the spend value for year to date.]

I would like to make the formula dynamic, and have it to refer to a
cell called ValueForRed.

I have tried to tye =3D($J9*ValueForRed)<$G9 but it does not work.

Any suggestions ?

Med venlig hilsen
=C5eter
0
pgrandjean (29)
7/22/2009 8:20:55 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi.

Don't realy know what was wrong.

I tried again, and now it's o.k.

Sorry.

Peter
0
pgrandjean (29)

Today Conditional Format

Two Condition Vlookup?

Can't format numbers for France in Excel 2003
I'm using the US version of Excel 2003, but need to format costs, etc., for a project in the French euro format (e.g., I need 2050.45 euros to display as 2 050,45). That currency format isn't offered in my dialog box, and if I make a custom number format that will display correctly, it doesn't operate as a number. Any suggestions? On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 08:51:03 -0700, Mary Fran <MaryFran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm using the US version of Excel 2003, but need to format costs, etc., for a >project in the French euro format (e.g., I need 2050.45 euros...

Excel Queries using Access data
Im trying to create a query from within Excel. When I select new database query and select a database which has no securtiy login/password, no problem, works fine. However, when I try to source the data from a database which I have created using user logins/passwords it says that I do not have admin privilages to use the database even though I am putting in the correct login/username in the popup window? Please can anyone help? I've had limited experience with this sort of thing but I've always had to strip out the protection on the Access Database and create a copy before suc...

Query condition by date range

Inserting a cell in the header.
We are trying to get a cell in the header of a sheet. Can this be done? Example would be in our sheet in D9 is TFF. We want whatever is in D9 to go in the header. I'm not sure this makes sense. Thanks Wendy You could do this with a macro linked to the worksheet_change event. Insert the following code into the macro sheet for the sheet with the cell if interest. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) For Each Cell In Target If Cell.Address = "$D$9" Then ActiveSheet.PageSetup.CenterHeader = Cell.Value End If Next Cell End Sub -- mrice Research Scientist with ...

VBA using VC++ 7.1
I am trying to convert an application from VC++ 6.0 to VC++ 7.1 that has support for VBA. We are using VBA 6.3. I am getting errors trying to build this applcaion in VC++ 7.1 using unmanaged code. I am getting the following error... I have tried building the VBA sample called multipad and it also does not compile with the following error. ERROR: ----- c:\Program Files\VBA6SDK\Include\objext.h(331) : error C2011: 'IProfferService' : 'struct' type redefinition c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\PlatformSDK\Include\ShObjIdl.h(4124) : see declaratio...

The underlying connection was closed: The remote name
Hi, I'm new to MS-CRM and am trying to get some given examples working. I've written the code to create a Business hierarchy. I'm getting the following error when I try to execute the code """"The underlying connection was closed: The remote name could not be resolved."""" Any suggestions or ways to resolve this would be of great help. Regards, Joan Joan, did you simply copied and pasted the sample code into your ASP.NET Web application? string strServer = "myservername"; Check if you assigned the strServer variable the...

Format cells #7

Formatting worksheet
I have a workbook with three worksheets and one chartsheet in it. I have notes documenting various aspects of the four sheets. Some of those notes are on electronic post-it notes and others on scraps of paper. It seems to me that a convenient way to consolidate all of my documentation for the workbook would be to add another worksheet to it and put the information in it. What would be the best way to format the worksheet so that I could type information into it as if I were using a text editor? Leslie, Excel isn't really all that set up for text. I sometimes make narrow column...

Conditional Field in Queries

zip codes not being saved as text in CSV format
I need my file to be saved in CSV format (to import into another application). When I format the zip codes as Text or Special(zip code), they are correct in XLS format, but when I open the file in CSV format they switch back to general. Any solution? work around? Thanks so much for your help in advance!! Melissa Change the file extension to .txt and use the text import wizard to treat the column as text (last dialog) -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "MelissaM" <MelissaM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5A02627-810E-4234-8247-267D9B12FA29@microsoft.com... >...

Using XP style controls and schemas
Hi, how can I use the new XP controls in a MFC Application, for example the new XP buttons. Can someone explane this topic or how to use manifest files in this conetxt? Any link to corresponding readings, examples, a code snipped or anything that helps are truely welcome! Thanks, Harald Harald wrote: > Hi, > how can I use the new XP controls in a MFC Application, for example the new > XP buttons. Can someone explane this topic or how to use manifest files in > this conetxt? Any link to corresponding readings, examples, a code snipped > or anything that helps are truel...

format a column
I have a simple question to ask, I have a column in Excel is number like 142000, I want to format the whole column numbers without the two ending 0s, change 142000 to 1420, how can I do that? Thanks -- xcao ------------------------------------------------------------------------ xcao's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14538 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=471821 Enter 100 in an empty cell and copy it. Then, select your range of numbers you want to change, Right Click and go to Paste Special, and select Div...

How to return a 12 hour time format without the AM in an Access query
The format function acts differently in a query and after hours of testing, messing, and cursing, I give up. How do you return 12 hour format without the AM or PM from an Access query. In my table, I've defined the Start Time and End Time to use "Medium Time" format and it works if and ONLY if you simple include the field in the query. However, if you use the field in a more complex statement, it returns leading zeros and trailing seconds. Here's what I've tried.... 'This didn't work because it returns trailing seconds and AM/PM. '2:00:00 PM...

Sheet Names
Can I have the sheet tab be the same as a specified field in that sheet automatically Hi Put the following code in your worksheet module: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub On Error GoTo CleanUp application.enableevents = false With Target If .Value <> "" Then Me.Name = .value End If End With CleanUp: Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Von wr...

Suppress Fax in Select Name in Contacts
When selecting contacts to send an e-mail message, Outlook 2003 lists both the e-mail (SMTP) and Fax as two line entries in the list. How can I suppress the Fax entries and only display the e-mail entries? We encountered this here with Outlook Xp and I believe that the fax number is considered to be an alternate address. To avoid this, store the fax number in a field not lableled as "Fax". Hope this helps. "Ken M" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9a4d01c49740$d046ab90$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When selecting contacts to send an e-m...

Conditional null value

Display ALL text contents in cell
I am having trouble displaying all the contents in the cell. It is som lengthy information in the cell. I have made the row height as high a it will go, but it still won't display all the information. I canno make the column width any wider than I have it set, because then th other columns will not fit on the page. Does anyone know how t overcome this problem? : -- Flipper106 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Flipper1067's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2561 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/...

Help
Forgive me if "Conditional Sums" is not the accurate word for what I am trying to accomplish... I'm at a loss for what to call this situation. What I have is a spreadsheet totaling attendance figures for classes taught by two people (Dave and Cary). Column A lists their name, and next to it in Column B is the number of people who attended that class. What I need is a formula that will look at the sheet and report in a given cell the total for attendance for each person. I can work basic formulas like SUM, but that will give the total for the entire column, when what I n...