conditional formating #6

Hello,
I am trying to figure out how to set the color shading of one cell based on
another cell.
so I want to set B1 to green if H1 is 0.
but the conditional formating looks like it works on 1 cell.

any help.
thanks

0
bp
4/14/2006 8:32:42 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

One way:

Set the dropdown(s) and inputbox(es) to read:

CF1:        Formula is   =H1=0
Format1:    <patterns>/<green>

In article <Oj4h4JAYGHA.3760@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>, "bp" <x@y.com>
wrote:

> I am trying to figure out how to set the color shading of one cell based on
> another cell.
> so I want to set B1 to green if H1 is 0.
> but the conditional formating looks like it works on 1 cell.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
4/14/2006 8:37:09 PM
select B1, use formula is

=AND(H1=0,H1<>"")

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com

"bp" <x@y.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I am trying to figure out how to set the color shading of one cell based
> on another cell.
> so I want to set B1 to green if H1 is 0.
> but the conditional formating looks like it works on 1 cell.
>
> any help.
> thanks

0
Peo
4/14/2006 8:41:19 PM
hi!

choose "formula is"  =H1=0

-via135

--
via135
via135's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26725

Hi bp,
Here's a very good link from another post.

http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.CF.html#lights

0
mt8463 (3)

Today Conditional Format

Two Condition Vlookup?

Can't format numbers for France in Excel 2003
I'm using the US version of Excel 2003, but need to format costs, etc., for a project in the French euro format (e.g., I need 2050.45 euros to display as 2 050,45). That currency format isn't offered in my dialog box, and if I make a custom number format that will display correctly, it doesn't operate as a number. Any suggestions? On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 08:51:03 -0700, Mary Fran <MaryFran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm using the US version of Excel 2003, but need to format costs, etc., for a >project in the French euro format (e.g., I need 2050.45 euros...

Query condition by date range

Frx 6.7Login
Please i am a new user to FRX, i just installed Frx 6.7 and Frx forecaster and i cant seem to find out the username and password to configure the forecaster. Do i use Sql Login Password or there is one by default or what? cos i have tried all of them and none works. Any help is urgently needed!!] Regards, kmax the frx login is the same as your Great Plains login. "kmax" wrote: > Please i am a new user to FRX, i just installed Frx 6.7 and Frx forecaster > and i cant seem to find out the username and password to configure the > forecaster. Do i use Sql Login Password o...

Format cells #7

Formatting worksheet
I have a workbook with three worksheets and one chartsheet in it. I have notes documenting various aspects of the four sheets. Some of those notes are on electronic post-it notes and others on scraps of paper. It seems to me that a convenient way to consolidate all of my documentation for the workbook would be to add another worksheet to it and put the information in it. What would be the best way to format the worksheet so that I could type information into it as if I were using a text editor? Leslie, Excel isn't really all that set up for text. I sometimes make narrow column...

Conditional Field in Queries

zip codes not being saved as text in CSV format
I need my file to be saved in CSV format (to import into another application). When I format the zip codes as Text or Special(zip code), they are correct in XLS format, but when I open the file in CSV format they switch back to general. Any solution? work around? Thanks so much for your help in advance!! Melissa Change the file extension to .txt and use the text import wizard to treat the column as text (last dialog) -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "MelissaM" <MelissaM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5A02627-810E-4234-8247-267D9B12FA29@microsoft.com... >...

how to compare project settings VC++ 6.0
Hi all, I have two MFC projects made with VC++ 6.0. How can I compare their project settings to see the differences? Is there any trick/tool to make it easier than just manually reviewing the tiny setting windows? Thanks for ideas Vaclav "Vaclav" <no@spam.please> wrote in message news:OoB2ZB2TGHA.1868@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I have two MFC projects made with VC++ 6.0. How can I compare their project > settings to see the differences? Is there any trick/tool to make it easier > than just manually reviewing the tiny setting windows? > Not ...

format a column
I have a simple question to ask, I have a column in Excel is number like 142000, I want to format the whole column numbers without the two ending 0s, change 142000 to 1420, how can I do that? Thanks -- xcao ------------------------------------------------------------------------ xcao's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14538 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=471821 Enter 100 in an empty cell and copy it. Then, select your range of numbers you want to change, Right Click and go to Paste Special, and select Div...

can't send attachments #6
Can anyone help? I am running XP pro and using outlook for my email, however I am unable to send attachments. Thay load fine be when they get to where they are going a jpeg file shows up as a windat file through corel word perfect and says that it is an unknown format. I don't use word perfect. What can I do??? I have the same trouble with Windows 2000 occasionally. There is a setting in outlook, tools, options, security that is about attachments as I understand. have a look there for anything untoward. Cheers. >-----Original Message----- >Can anyone help? I am running X...

How to return a 12 hour time format without the AM in an Access query
The format function acts differently in a query and after hours of testing, messing, and cursing, I give up. How do you return 12 hour format without the AM or PM from an Access query. In my table, I've defined the Start Time and End Time to use "Medium Time" format and it works if and ONLY if you simple include the field in the query. However, if you use the field in a more complex statement, it returns leading zeros and trailing seconds. Here's what I've tried.... 'This didn't work because it returns trailing seconds and AM/PM. '2:00:00 PM...

Conditional null value

Help
Forgive me if "Conditional Sums" is not the accurate word for what I am trying to accomplish... I'm at a loss for what to call this situation. What I have is a spreadsheet totaling attendance figures for classes taught by two people (Dave and Cary). Column A lists their name, and next to it in Column B is the number of people who attended that class. What I need is a formula that will look at the sheet and report in a given cell the total for attendance for each person. I can work basic formulas like SUM, but that will give the total for the entire column, when what I n...

Formatting Imported Data
Hi, I want to be able to read in a single column of data from either an Excel file or from a column of a word document and then produce the same column of data so that each entry has two cells separating them. So that the column 1 2 3 would look like 1 empty cell empty cell 2 empty cell empty cell 3 I there a straightforward way I can do this in Excel w/o having to use some type of additional program (like VBA)? TIA, Matt Nothing straightforward that I can see. Without some manual arranging which would be onerous, you will be better off to use a VBA macro. Sub InsertRows22() Appli...

Mail Merge #6
I have an excel spreadsheet that I have to use in a mail merge. How do I select only the columns I need in the correct order? For instance its a table of all different data and I only need the Name and Address fields. Thank you. Assuming you are using Word for the mailmerge and Excel for the source see these sites for help. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 7 Oct 2008 08:40:01 -0700, Reen <Reen1176@hotmail...

"Visual C++ Studio 2005 6.0 Standard Express Pro"
Hi, I currently have Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition (the free one), but I want to use MFC and I understand that for this I need to upgrade to the full version. However, I'm getting a bit confused with all the different versions and some clarification is required... Am I correct in thing that I have to upgrade from Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition to Visual Studio 2005 Standard Edition? If so, am I also correct in thinking that Visual Studio 2005 Standard Edition includes VB, C#, J# and C++? If so, is there another option? I just want plain Visual C++ and MFC, not some huge dev...

XML Receipt and Conditions
I wanted to make a small adjustment to the receipt when a certain condition is met. If a particular word (eg. family) is typed into the comment on an item I wanted something slightly different to happen to the receipt I've just about got it, just stuck on the condition tag <IF> <CONDITION>len(Entry.Comment)</CONDITION> <THEN> I can get it using len but this makes it happen for any word, is there anyway I can make it so that it is more specific ie Entry.Comment contains '%family%' try <IF> <CONDITION>Entry.Comment like '%family%'&...

Time formats in Excel 2003
Being in the UK, I obviously want to use the English(UK) date format, so Christmas Day is 25/12/05 rather than 12/25/05. However, this defaults the time format to hh/mm/ss (why, I do not know, since I can assure American readers we're not normally that precise), so I have to reset it English(US) to get hh/mm, which resets the default date format to mm/dd/yy, so I have to change it back the next time I want to format a cell as a date. Any way round this? It's only a minor problem but it's irritating me. Steve Stephen, If you set up your own custom format with hh/mm, it w...

conditionally restricting values in excel
Hello, I want to restrict values in a particular column based on the value in other column. For eg. if column A has value int then column B should be restricted to values 1,2,3,4,5 if column A has value bool then column B should be restricted to values true and false. if column A has value string I dont want any validation to be done and the list box should not appear. Is this possible..... How do I achieve this ? Can I use macros to do this? How? Thanks Hi as a starting point: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html >-----Original Message----- >Hello, >I want to restrict ...