Conditional Format in a List

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C74169.DCD86850

I am creating a Template and need a little help with automatic row =
shading.I have the data entry area set up as a list with a total row and =
have set up the following conditional format to shade every other row =
=3DMOD(SUBTOTAL(3,$A$4:$A4),2)=3D0This conditional format is only =
applied to the data area (columns A through N), not to the entire row.  =
When I go to the blue asterisk and enter 2 new records, the conditional =
format only carries down in columns M and N.Those two columns have =
formulas...columns A through L are data entry.  So I tried to switch the =
formula to look at column N, but that did not change anything.I even =
have 4 starter rows with fake data to help Excel understand that this =
needs to carry down, but nothing works.  I also tried to use =
=3DMOD(SUBTOTAL(3,$A$4:INDEX($A$4:$A$2000,LOOKUP(2,1/($A$4:$A$2000),$A$4:=
$A$2000))),2)=3D0 which did not work...it shaded nothing.  I also tried =
to name the range A4:A7 (the last cell currently with data, which will =
allow the named range to dynamically change as records are added to the =
list) and then use the named range in that formula...that shaded all =
rows.Any ideas how to fix this??Thank you!!!
------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C74169.DCD86850

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Palatino Linotype" color=3D#000000 size=3D3><PRE =
class=3DWNPost style=3D"WORD-WRAP: break-word">I am creating a Template =
and need a little help with automatic row shading.</PRE><PRE =
class=3DWNPost style=3D"WORD-WRAP: break-word">I have the data entry =
area set up as a list with a total row and have set up the following =
conditional format to shade every other row =
=3DMOD(SUBTOTAL(3,$A$4:$A4),2)=3D0</PRE><PRE class=3DWNPost =
style=3D"WORD-WRAP: break-word">This conditional format is only applied =
to the data area (columns A through N), not to the entire row.  When I =
go to the blue asterisk and enter 2 new records, the conditional format =
only carries down in columns M and N.</PRE><PRE class=3DWNPost =
style=3D"WORD-WRAP: break-word">Those two columns have =
formulas...columns A through L are data entry.  So I tried to switch the =
formula to look at column N, but that did not change anything.</PRE><PRE =
class=3DWNPost style=3D"WORD-WRAP: break-word">I even have 4 starter =
rows with fake data to help Excel understand that this needs to carry =
down, but nothing works.  I also tried to use =
=3DMOD(SUBTOTAL(3,$A$4:INDEX($A$4:$A$2000,LOOKUP(2,1/($A$4:$A$2000),$A$4:=
$A$2000))),2)=3D0 which did not work...it shaded nothing.  I also tried =
to name the range A4:A7 (the last cell currently with data, which will =
allow the named range to dynamically change as records are added to the =
list) and then use the named range in that formula...that shaded all =
rows.</PRE><PRE class=3DWNPost style=3D"WORD-WRAP: break-word">Any ideas =
how to fix this??</PRE><PRE class=3DWNPost style=3D"WORD-WRAP: =
break-word">Thank you!!!</PRE></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C74169.DCD86850--

0
KC
1/26/2007 10:48:53 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

It seems to work for me. What are the formulae in M and N?

Blue asterisk - what is that?

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"KC Rippstein" <kcrippsteinAThotmailDOTcom> wrote in message
I am creating a Template and need a little help with automatic row shading.I
have the data entry area set up as a list with a total row and have set up
the following conditional format to shade every other row
=MOD(SUBTOTAL(3,$A$4:$A4),2)=0This conditional format is only applied to the
data area (columns A through N), not to the entire row.  When I go to the
blue asterisk and enter 2 new records, the conditional format only carries
down in columns M and N.Those two columns have formulas...columns A through
L are data entry.  So I tried to switch the formula to look at column N, but
that did not change anything.I even have 4 starter rows with fake data to
help Excel understand that this needs to carry down, but nothing works.  I
also tried to use
=MOD(SUBTOTAL(3,$A$4:INDEX($A$4:$A$2000,LOOKUP(2,1/($A$4:$A$2000),$A$4:$A$20
00))),2)=0 which did not work...it shaded nothing.  I also tried to name the
range A4:A7 (the last cell currently with data, which will allow the named
range to dynamically change as records are added to the list) and then use
the named range in that formula...that shaded all rows.Any ideas how to fix
this??Thank you!!!

0
bob.NGs1 (1661)
1/27/2007 11:00:56 AM
I am using Excel 2003, which has a new List feature.  It adds a blue
asterisk at the place a new record or records should be added, and it
automatically applies all formatting and formulas from the rows above to the
new records.  It also has a totals row that uses the subtotal function for
any number of operations you want.
The problem is my formats are not all carrying down to the new records like
they should.  The formula works great, but when I add new records, I have to
select my entire range, go to conditional format, see that my formula is
still there, and hit enter.  Then Excel comes to its senses and actually
performs the formatting it says is active.
I may try preformatting 2,000 rows like this as a work-around, but we'll see
if I can convince the total row to retain its own format as it keeps moving
down the sheet.
If that fails, I'll have to do a worksheet change event macro off colomn A
to select my entire dataset and open and close conditional format.
Thanks for your response.
-KC

"Bob Phillips" <bob.NGs@somewhere.com> wrote in message
> It seems to work for me. What are the formulae in M and N?
>
> Blue asterisk - what is that?
>
> --
> HTH
>
> Bob Phillips
>
> (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my
> addy)
>
> "KC Rippstein" <kcrippsteinAThotmailDOTcom> wrote in message
> I am creating a Template and need a little help with automatic row
> shading.I
> have the data entry area set up as a list with a total row and have set up
> the following conditional format to shade every other row
> =MOD(SUBTOTAL(3,$A$4:$A4),2)=0This conditional format is only applied to
> the
> data area (columns A through N), not to the entire row.  When I go to the
> blue asterisk and enter 2 new records, the conditional format only carries
> down in columns M and N.Those two columns have formulas...columns A
> through
> L are data entry.  So I tried to switch the formula to look at column N,
> but
> that did not change anything.I even have 4 starter rows with fake data to
> help Excel understand that this needs to carry down, but nothing works.  I
> also tried to use
> =MOD(SUBTOTAL(3,$A$4:INDEX($A$4:$A$2000,LOOKUP(2,1/($A$4:$A$2000),$A$4:$A$20
> 00))),2)=0 which did not work...it shaded nothing.  I also tried to name
> the
> range A4:A7 (the last cell currently with data, which will allow the named
> range to dynamically change as records are added to the list) and then use
> the named range in that formula...that shaded all rows.Any ideas how to
> fix
> this??Thank you!!!

0
KC

Today Conditional Format

Two Condition Vlookup?

Can't format numbers for France in Excel 2003
I'm using the US version of Excel 2003, but need to format costs, etc., for a project in the French euro format (e.g., I need 2050.45 euros to display as 2 050,45). That currency format isn't offered in my dialog box, and if I make a custom number format that will display correctly, it doesn't operate as a number. Any suggestions? On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 08:51:03 -0700, Mary Fran <MaryFran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm using the US version of Excel 2003, but need to format costs, etc., for a >project in the French euro format (e.g., I need 2050.45 euros...

Query condition by date range

How do I associate task list with another calendar?
I have an extensive task list that shows in one calendar view. I would like it to show in another. Can I associate it, or does it have to all be reentered? "holyharvester" <holyharvester@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1A0249B2-3A52-43ED-9509-E65851724BD9@microsoft.com... >I have an extensive task list that shows in one calendar view. I would like > it to show in another. Can I associate it, or does it have to all be > reentered? You first: state your Outlook version. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] Only the default task list dis...

List control selction and deselection
For selecting an item from a CListCtrl just call mList.SetItemState(iItem,LVIS_SELECTED | LVIS_FOCUSED, 0xFF) during Initialization For deslecting we need to insert item once again, ie mList.DeleteAllItems() mList.InsertItem() i know this is not a good method, but i didnt get any other options. if anyone know, pls let me know!!! Regards "johnWins" <johnsvakel@gmail.com> wrote in message news:2ccf2c5c-eb5c-46fd-9bd5-30d89d2048f6@v67g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > For selecting an item from a CListCtrl just call > > mList.SetItemState(iItem,LVIS_SELECTED | LV...

The new View Lists in GP 8.0 are too slow with larger data sets.
The view lists are very slow to pull up a large set of records when you first open the window. After the window is populated, then the performance is fine. It would be nice to design this window to pull up the records with a single SQL query instead of getting a list of records with one query and then pulling each record individually with other queries. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the butto...

Printing list of emails in Oulook Express
I am trying to find a way to print, an entire list of email reciepts, so I don't have to keep them. Can anyone help? >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to find a way to print, an entire list of email reciepts, so I=20 >don't have to keep them. Can anyone help? >. > These Newsgroups address issues regarding MS Office Outlook. Outlook Express is a component of Windows/Internet Explorer. Post your question where the OE gurus hang out: http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=3DInternetExp= lorer ...

Format cells #7

Formatting worksheet
I have a workbook with three worksheets and one chartsheet in it. I have notes documenting various aspects of the four sheets. Some of those notes are on electronic post-it notes and others on scraps of paper. It seems to me that a convenient way to consolidate all of my documentation for the workbook would be to add another worksheet to it and put the information in it. What would be the best way to format the worksheet so that I could type information into it as if I were using a text editor? Leslie, Excel isn't really all that set up for text. I sometimes make narrow column...

Conditional Field in Queries

format a column
I have a simple question to ask, I have a column in Excel is number like 142000, I want to format the whole column numbers without the two ending 0s, change 142000 to 1420, how can I do that? Thanks -- xcao ------------------------------------------------------------------------ xcao's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14538 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=471821 Enter 100 in an empty cell and copy it. Then, select your range of numbers you want to change, Right Click and go to Paste Special, and select Div...

Not in List Code
Is there some standard code I can use for a combo box when I need to add an item that does not show up in the list? Thanks in advance See: Adding values to lookup tables at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-27.html The first option discussed in the article shows sample code. It's not generic, because the INSERT can vary so much. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "open a adobe file from a command button" <opena...

zip codes not being saved as text in CSV format
I need my file to be saved in CSV format (to import into another application). When I format the zip codes as Text or Special(zip code), they are correct in XLS format, but when I open the file in CSV format they switch back to general. Any solution? work around? Thanks so much for your help in advance!! Melissa Change the file extension to .txt and use the text import wizard to treat the column as text (last dialog) -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "MelissaM" <MelissaM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5A02627-810E-4234-8247-267D9B12FA29@microsoft.com... >...

How to return a 12 hour time format without the AM in an Access query
The format function acts differently in a query and after hours of testing, messing, and cursing, I give up. How do you return 12 hour format without the AM or PM from an Access query. In my table, I've defined the Start Time and End Time to use "Medium Time" format and it works if and ONLY if you simple include the field in the query. However, if you use the field in a more complex statement, it returns leading zeros and trailing seconds. Here's what I've tried.... 'This didn't work because it returns trailing seconds and AM/PM. '2:00:00 PM...

SOS !! White list on IMF v.2
It seems the white list on IMF v2 is not work any more. All the mails from the white list are still blocked by IMF v2, but it was by pass when using IMF V1. Anybody has any idea ? The mails are generated automatically from customer's program, now all are blocked by the IMF v2. Help ! Help ! Environment : Exchange server 2003 with SP2 running on Windows server 2003. You are using IP Accept lists right? Than check this known "issue" here: http://www.exchangeinbox.com/articles/018/ipacceptlist.htm cheers Alexander Zammit WinDeveloper Software IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Inte...

Conditional null value

Help
Forgive me if "Conditional Sums" is not the accurate word for what I am trying to accomplish... I'm at a loss for what to call this situation. What I have is a spreadsheet totaling attendance figures for classes taught by two people (Dave and Cary). Column A lists their name, and next to it in Column B is the number of people who attended that class. What I need is a formula that will look at the sheet and report in a given cell the total for attendance for each person. I can work basic formulas like SUM, but that will give the total for the entire column, when what I n...

Missing message list
Hello, I am using VC++ 6. In the class view, when I right click on my view class and select "Add windows message handler", in the dialog, the list under "new windows messages/events" comes up empty. The project compiles fine, but I think I messed the way VC++ sets up one of the files. Does anyone have a clue? Thank you for your time and effort. cn Delete the .CLW file in your project directory. Open something in your resource edit and then Press Ctrl+W to bring up the classwizard. That should rebuild the class wizard file. Ali R. "comfortably Numb"...

Printing Labels from Marketing List
It is possible to create Mail Merge documents for the members of a Marketing List through Quick Campaign or Main Campaign. But how about creating labels for all the members in the Marketing List? It seems that labels can be created only from the main contact list and not from the Marketing list. Any pointer?? Don an Advanced find to look for all contacts (or account depending on the marketing list) who are on a particular marketing list. From the find results do a mail-merge to labels. HTH Roger "Onkar" <budc57@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1166056772.911550.14100@8...

Formatting Imported Data
Hi, I want to be able to read in a single column of data from either an Excel file or from a column of a word document and then produce the same column of data so that each entry has two cells separating them. So that the column 1 2 3 would look like 1 empty cell empty cell 2 empty cell empty cell 3 I there a straightforward way I can do this in Excel w/o having to use some type of additional program (like VBA)? TIA, Matt Nothing straightforward that I can see. Without some manual arranging which would be onerous, you will be better off to use a VBA macro. Sub InsertRows22() Appli...