Michele
0
michele1 (59)
2/12/2008 1:05:35 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Please state your question in the body of the message, not in the subject.

=ISODD(A1)

Tyro

"mjones" <michele@quality-computing.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know how to do this?
>
> Thanks a bunch,
>
> Michele

0
Tyro (331)
2/12/2008 1:12:15 AM
If the cell value you want to check is A1, then:

formula is =3Dmod(A1,2) =3D 0

hope that helps

Carlo

On Feb 12, 10:05=A0am, mjones <mich...@quality-computing.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know how to do this?
>
> Thanks a bunch,
>
> Michele

That formula produces TRUE if the cell value is even, not odd.

Tyro

"carlo" <carlo.ramundo@gmail.com> wrote in message
If the cell value you want to check is A1, then:

formula is =mod(A1,2) = 0

hope that helps

Carlo

On Feb 12, 10:05 am, mjones <mich...@quality-computing.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know how to do this?
>
> Thanks a bunch,
>
> Michele

0
Tyro (331)
2/12/2008 1:14:02 AM
ISODD is not a standard function - requires ATP to be installed with
versions before XL2007.

Pete

On Feb 12, 1:12=A0am, "Tyro" <T...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Please state your question in the body of the message, not in the subject.=

> =3DISODD(A1)
>
> Tyro
>
> "mjones" <mich...@quality-computing.com> wrote in message

> > Hi all,
>
> > Does anyone know how to do this?
>
> > Thanks a bunch,
>
> > Michele- Hide quoted text -

pashurst (2576)
2/12/2008 1:18:50 AM
So? Install ATP.

Tyro

On Feb 12, 1:12 am, "Tyro" <T...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Please state your question in the body of the message, not in the subject.
>
> =ISODD(A1)
>
> Tyro
>
> "mjones" <mich...@quality-computing.com> wrote in message

> > Hi all,
>
> > Does anyone know how to do this?
>
> > Thanks a bunch,
>
> > Michele- Hide quoted text -

Tyro (331)
2/12/2008 1:29:18 AM
If you do not wish to install the Analysis Toolpak, you may use
=MOD(A1,2)<>0 to determine if a cell is odd and =MOD(A1,2)=0 to determine if
a cell is even

Tyro

"mjones" <michele@quality-computing.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know how to do this?
>
> Thanks a bunch,
>
> Michele

0
Tyro (331)
2/12/2008 1:32:36 AM
You may also use =ISODD(A1) if you are using Excel 2007. You did not state
what version you are using.

Tyro

"mjones" <michele@quality-computing.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know how to do this?
>
> Thanks a bunch,
>
> Michele

0
Tyro (331)
2/12/2008 1:42:22 AM
"Tyro" <Tyro@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> If you do not wish to install the Analysis Toolpak, you may use
> =MOD(A1,2)<>0 to determine if a cell is odd and =MOD(A1,2)=0 to determine
> if a cell is even
>
> Tyro
>

> "mjones" <michele@quality-computing.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Does anyone know how to do this?
>>
>> Thanks a bunch,
>>
>> Michele

> =MOD(A1,2)<>0 to determine if a cell is odd

Or even...   =MOD(A1,2)=1

Rick
Yes indeedy!

Tyro

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" <rick.newsNO.SPAM@NO.SPAMverizon.net> wrote in
message news:OvyBlLSbIHA.748@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> =MOD(A1,2)<>0 to determine if a cell is odd
>
> Or even...   =MOD(A1,2)=1
>
> Rick

0
Tyro (331)
2/12/2008 3:01:40 AM
In the future, I shall attempt to exhaust all possibilities, just to make
sure that no stone is left unturned in an answer <g>

Tyro

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" <rick.newsNO.SPAM@NO.SPAMverizon.net> wrote in
message news:OvyBlLSbIHA.748@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> =MOD(A1,2)<>0 to determine if a cell is odd
>
> Or even...   =MOD(A1,2)=1
>
> Rick

0
Tyro (331)
2/12/2008 3:03:26 AM
I also understand that division by 2 can produce a remainder of only 0 or 1.

Tyro

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" <rick.newsNO.SPAM@NO.SPAMverizon.net> wrote in
message news:OvyBlLSbIHA.748@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> =MOD(A1,2)<>0 to determine if a cell is odd
>
> Or even...   =MOD(A1,2)=1
>
> Rick

0
Tyro (331)
2/12/2008 3:06:26 AM
Assuming of course that the number being divided is an integer.

Tyro

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" <rick.newsNO.SPAM@NO.SPAMverizon.net> wrote in
message news:OvyBlLSbIHA.748@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> =MOD(A1,2)<>0 to determine if a cell is odd
>
> Or even...   =MOD(A1,2)=1
>
> Rick

0
Tyro (331)
2/12/2008 3:07:28 AM
> Assuming of course that the number being divided is an integer.

Being an integer was a requirement of the original question (Is value odd?).

Rick

You can't directly use functions from the ATP in conditional formatting.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

> So? Install ATP.
>
> Tyro
>
> "Pete_UK" <pashurst@auditel.net> wrote in message
> ISODD is not a standard function - requires ATP to be installed with
> versions before XL2007.
>
> Pete
>
> On Feb 12, 1:12 am, "Tyro" <T...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Please state your question in the body of the message, not in the
>> subject.
>>
>> =ISODD(A1)
>>
>> Tyro
>>
>> "mjones" <mich...@quality-computing.com> wrote in message

>> > Hi all,
>>
>> > Does anyone know how to do this?
>>
>> > Thanks a bunch,
>>
>> > Michele- Hide quoted text -

biffinpitt (3172)
2/12/2008 3:36:43 AM
I don't know what the OP has in the cell.

message news:uC4$pfSbIHA.4208@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> Assuming of course that the number being divided is an integer.
>
> Being an integer was a requirement of the original question (Is value
> odd?).
>
> Rick

0
Tyro (331)
2/12/2008 3:51:17 AM
I use Excel 2007.

"T. Valko" <biffinpitt@comcast.net> wrote in message
> You can't directly use functions from the ATP in conditional formatting.
>
> --
> Biff
> Microsoft Excel MVP
>

> "Tyro" <Tyro@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> So? Install ATP.
>>
>> Tyro
>>
>> "Pete_UK" <pashurst@auditel.net> wrote in message
>> ISODD is not a standard function - requires ATP to be installed with
>> versions before XL2007.
>>
>> Pete
>>
>> On Feb 12, 1:12 am, "Tyro" <T...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>> Please state your question in the body of the message, not in the
>>> subject.
>>>
>>> =ISODD(A1)
>>>
>>> Tyro
>>>
>>> "mjones" <mich...@quality-computing.com> wrote in message

Tyro (331)
2/12/2008 3:54:25 AM
On Feb 11, 10:54 pm, "Tyro" <T...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I use Excel 2007.
>
> "T. Valko" <biffinp...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> > You can't directly use functions from the ATP in conditional formatting.
>
> > --
> > Biff
> > Microsoft Excel MVP
>
> > "Tyro" <T...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> So? Install ATP.
>
> >> Tyro
>
> >> "Pete_UK" <pashu...@auditel.net> wrote in message
> >> ISODD is not a standard function - requires ATP to be installed with
> >> versions before XL2007.
>
> >> Pete

Hi all,

I'm using Excel 2003 (sorry, need to add that now), and the conditonal
format is on a range of cells so only the cells with odd numbers will
have a different color.

Sorry that I didn't clarify better.

Michele
0
michele1 (59)
2/12/2008 4:08:14 AM
Select your cells A1:A100 for example and then conditionally format with:
=MOD(A1,2)=1, then select your format color.

> On Feb 11, 10:54 pm, "Tyro" <T...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> I use Excel 2007.
>>
>> "T. Valko" <biffinp...@comcast.net> wrote in message

>> > You can't directly use functions from the ATP in conditional
>> > formatting.
>>
>> > --
>> > Biff
>> > Microsoft Excel MVP
>>
>> > "Tyro" <T...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Hi all,
>
> I'm using Excel 2003 (sorry, need to add that now), and the conditonal
> format is on a range of cells so only the cells with odd numbers will
> have a different color.
>
> Sorry that I didn't clarify better.
>
> Michele

0
Tyro (331)
2/12/2008 4:13:15 AM
On Feb 11, 11:13 pm, "Tyro" <T...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Select your cells A1:A100 for example and then conditionally format with:
> =MOD(A1,2)=1, then select your format color.
>
> Tyro
>
> "mjones" <mich...@quality-computing.com> wrote in message

> > On Feb 11, 10:54 pm, "Tyro" <T...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> I use Excel 2007.
>
> >> "T. Valko" <biffinp...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> > Hi all,
>
> > I'm using Excel 2003 (sorry, need to add that now), and the conditonal
> > format is on a range of cells so only the cells with odd numbers will
> > have a different color.
>
> > Sorry that I didn't clarify better.
>
> > Michele

That did it.  Thanks!
0
michele1 (59)
2/12/2008 4:17:55 AM
You're welcome

> On Feb 11, 11:13 pm, "Tyro" <T...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Select your cells A1:A100 for example and then conditionally format with:
>> =MOD(A1,2)=1, then select your format color.
>>
>> Tyro
>>
>> "mjones" <mich...@quality-computing.com> wrote in message

>> > Hi all,
>>
>> > I'm using Excel 2003 (sorry, need to add that now), and the conditonal
>> > format is on a range of cells so only the cells with odd numbers will
>> > have a different color.
>>
>> > Sorry that I didn't clarify better.
>>
>> > Michele
>
> That did it.  Thanks!

0
Tyro (331)
2/12/2008 5:21:35 AM
All I was saying was... if the cell's content is not an integer, the
question "Is it odd?" would make no sense (by definition, only integers can
be odd or even).

Rick

>I don't know what the OP has in the cell.
>
> Tyro
>
> "Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" <rick.newsNO.SPAM@NO.SPAMverizon.net> wrote in
> message news:uC4$pfSbIHA.4208@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>> Assuming of course that the number being divided is an integer.
>>
>> Being an integer was a requirement of the original question (Is value
>> odd?).
>>
>> Rick

Today Conditional Format

Can't format numbers for France in Excel 2003
I'm using the US version of Excel 2003, but need to format costs, etc., for a project in the French euro format (e.g., I need 2050.45 euros to display as 2 050,45). That currency format isn't offered in my dialog box, and if I make a custom number format that will display correctly, it doesn't operate as a number. Any suggestions? On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 08:51:03 -0700, Mary Fran <MaryFran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm using the US version of Excel 2003, but need to format costs, etc., for a >project in the French euro format (e.g., I need 2050.45 euros...

Getting value from edit control?
How do I get the value from an edit control into its value CString variable? Also, how do I convert from CString to char* ? CString has an overload for LPCTSTR (which depends on whether you are compiled for Unicode or MBCS) so you can pass it pretty easily. If you need to access the buffer directly CString::GetBuffer() returns the pointer to the buffer. Call ReleaseBuffer() when you are done using that point (if you modify it). To assign and retrieve values with the edit control you should create a variable for the control and use UpdateData(). Open the dialog and right click on ...

Two Condition Vlookup?

Query condition by date range

Odd date problem
I'm reposting this as this is a very strange problem in Access. I'm using 2003. After my entry is an entry by missinglinq via AccessMonster.com who was able to reproduce the error. Looking forward to comments/fixes. Thanks, Rob I have the following in the DblClick event for the control CaseStart which is a date/time field. The problem is that once the control is double clicked the form remains in edit mode, even though I've told it not be editable. Additionally, when the control is double clicked, it shoudn't enter in the time until the Edit button has been clicked o...

Format cells #7

Inserting a cell in the header.
We are trying to get a cell in the header of a sheet. Can this be done? Example would be in our sheet in D9 is TFF. We want whatever is in D9 to go in the header. I'm not sure this makes sense. Thanks Wendy You could do this with a macro linked to the worksheet_change event. Insert the following code into the macro sheet for the sheet with the cell if interest. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) For Each Cell In Target If Cell.Address = "$D$9" Then ActiveSheet.PageSetup.CenterHeader = Cell.Value End If Next Cell End Sub -- mrice Research Scientist with ...

How do you lock a cell with data but still allow new data entry?
I have a spreadsheet that will be accessed by multiple users. Each user will fill out a row of data, save and close the spreadsheet. We do not want users to edit rows after data is entered into a row of cells. Is there any way to lock this data to prevent it from being edited? Thanks Yes, but only with VBA and a Protected Worksheet. The code for this is available. Questions................. 1. You say users fill out a "row of data"...................how many columns would that row contain? e.g. A to F or ?? 2. Do users fill out all cells in that row's r...

CWebBrowser2: accessing field values
hi, I have a WebBrowser2 in my application, May I have access to the value of Form Fields in my application? I mean the value of Edit boxes, etc. thanks,e Behzad ...

Can multiple cell results be displayed in a single cell?
Is it possible to display the contents of multiple separate cells in another single cell? If the results of several cells say B1, B2, and B3 are the amounts $10, $15 and $20, I would like to display them in cell A1 as follows: $10 $15 $20 I could do this statically by using text and the 'Alt|Enter' function within the cell. However, these amounts will change from time to time so I'd like a link. Is this possible or not? Thanks for any help. Brett Brett One way: In A1: ="$"&B1&CHAR(10)&"$"&B2&CHAR(10)&"$"&B3&am...

Excel cell value equals selected text from Word
Is it possible to bookmark or link a piece of text in Microsoft Word eg. a title in the word document is 'West Belfast Profile' In Excel, I would like to make a cell value equal to the text from Word. Basically cell A5 in excel equals 'West' from the title 'West Belfast Profile' in Word. If the user changes the title in Word to 'East Belfast Profile', the cell value in Excel changes to 'East'. Is this possible? You go to Word document and copy the text you want to link to Excel, select the cell you want to paste to Excel file, right-click ...

Formatting worksheet
I have a workbook with three worksheets and one chartsheet in it. I have notes documenting various aspects of the four sheets. Some of those notes are on electronic post-it notes and others on scraps of paper. It seems to me that a convenient way to consolidate all of my documentation for the workbook would be to add another worksheet to it and put the information in it. What would be the best way to format the worksheet so that I could type information into it as if I were using a text editor? Leslie, Excel isn't really all that set up for text. I sometimes make narrow column...

Conditional Field in Queries

Combobox value populate cell selection
I am looking for button code to have a selected cell range merged and populated with value chosen from combobox. This value is centered in the merged cell selection. The cells range is defined manually with mouse. Bart Have a look at this event code which you can refine. No error-checking for data in the selected range...........assumes the mergerange is empty when selected. Runs when a value is selected from Combobox1 Private Sub ComboBox1_Change() Set srng = Application.InputBox(prompt:= _ "Select A Range", Type:=8) With srng .HorizontalAlignment = xlCen...

zip codes not being saved as text in CSV format
I need my file to be saved in CSV format (to import into another application). When I format the zip codes as Text or Special(zip code), they are correct in XLS format, but when I open the file in CSV format they switch back to general. Any solution? work around? Thanks so much for your help in advance!! Melissa Change the file extension to .txt and use the text import wizard to treat the column as text (last dialog) -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "MelissaM" <MelissaM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5A02627-810E-4234-8247-267D9B12FA29@microsoft.com... >...

Relative, absolute and mixed values
How do I set a default for relative, absolute or mixed values so that I don't have to toggle through the F4 function each time? ...

format a column
I have a simple question to ask, I have a column in Excel is number like 142000, I want to format the whole column numbers without the two ending 0s, change 142000 to 1420, how can I do that? Thanks -- xcao ------------------------------------------------------------------------ xcao's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14538 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=471821 Enter 100 in an empty cell and copy it. Then, select your range of numbers you want to change, Right Click and go to Paste Special, and select Div...

How to return a 12 hour time format without the AM in an Access query
The format function acts differently in a query and after hours of testing, messing, and cursing, I give up. How do you return 12 hour format without the AM or PM from an Access query. In my table, I've defined the Start Time and End Time to use "Medium Time" format and it works if and ONLY if you simple include the field in the query. However, if you use the field in a more complex statement, it returns leading zeros and trailing seconds. Here's what I've tried.... 'This didn't work because it returns trailing seconds and AM/PM. '2:00:00 PM...

Conditional null value