Conditional format - how can I format a cell based on a DIFFERENT cell's value?

Hi

Conditional format

Is there a way to get a cell's format determined by the format of
a different cell?!

e.g. Could one get an entire row market up in say bold red if
one cell in that row was say less than 100

With thanks

Ship
Shiperton Henethe

0
shiphen1 (58)
11/19/2004 12:26:31 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Shiperton

yep )
select the rows that you want to apply the conditional formatting to,
ensuring that the first row of this group is the first row at the top of the
screen (it gets confused sometimes if it isn't)
the following example assums you've selected from row 2 onwards and you want
the row to turn red if the value of F2 is less than 100

choose format / conditional formatting
choose
formula is
type
=$F2<100
click format
set your format click OK twice

Cheers
JulieD

"Shiperton Henethe" <shiphen@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Hi
>
> Conditional format
>
> Is there a way to get a cell's format determined by the format of
> a different cell?!
>
> e.g. Could one get an entire row market up in say bold red if
> one cell in that row was say less than 100
>
> With thanks
>

> Ship
> Shiperton Henethe

0
JulieD1 (2295)
11/19/2004 12:39:10 PM

Superb!
And then you can simply paint the format around at will.
I like it.

Incidentally has the (business) world come up with a rational
colouring system - e.g. Green for "go/good", Red for "stop/bad"... ?

(If so what does blue mean on a number...
And how do I visually flag, "quite good" or "neither good nor bad" etc)

TVM indeed

Ship
Shiperton Henethe

"JulieD" <JulieD@hctsReMoVeThIs.net.au> wrote in message
> Hi Shiperton
>
> yep )
> select the rows that you want to apply the conditional formatting to,
> ensuring that the first row of this group is the first row at the top of
the
> screen (it gets confused sometimes if it isn't)
> the following example assums you've selected from row 2 onwards and you
want
> the row to turn red if the value of F2 is less than 100
>
> choose format / conditional formatting
> choose
> formula is
> type
> =$F2<100
> click format
> set your format click OK twice
>

> Cheers
> JulieD
>

> "Shiperton Henethe" <shiphen@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > Conditional format
> >
> > Is there a way to get a cell's format determined by the format of
> > a different cell?!
> >
> > e.g. Could one get an entire row market up in say bold red if
> > one cell in that row was say less than 100
> >
> > With thanks
> >

> > Ship
> > Shiperton Henethe

0
shiphen1 (58)

Today Conditional Format

Getting value from edit control?
How do I get the value from an edit control into its value CString variable? Also, how do I convert from CString to char* ? CString has an overload for LPCTSTR (which depends on whether you are compiled for Unicode or MBCS) so you can pass it pretty easily. If you need to access the buffer directly CString::GetBuffer() returns the pointer to the buffer. Call ReleaseBuffer() when you are done using that point (if you modify it). To assign and retrieve values with the edit control you should create a variable for the control and use UpdateData(). Open the dialog and right click on ...

Can't format numbers for France in Excel 2003
I'm using the US version of Excel 2003, but need to format costs, etc., for a project in the French euro format (e.g., I need 2050.45 euros to display as 2 050,45). That currency format isn't offered in my dialog box, and if I make a custom number format that will display correctly, it doesn't operate as a number. Any suggestions? On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 08:51:03 -0700, Mary Fran <MaryFran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm using the US version of Excel 2003, but need to format costs, etc., for a >project in the French euro format (e.g., I need 2050.45 euros...

Can t read mac-word files containing excel graphs on a PC
I am using microsoft Office X 10.1.4 on a powerbook G4 with operating system OS X 10.3.5 panther. I have created a graph in Excel on its own sheet (ie the one that contains the relevant data). I activate the graph, copy it to the clipboard, switch to Word and do a Paste Special, paste as image. So do I with all the excel graphs I want to insert into my word document (scientific report). The word document is saved under format "microsoft word document". I ve sent my word document to several colleagues who work on PCs. They all told me they could not see the excel graphs. They (the ...

Two Condition Vlookup?

Query condition by date range

Format cells #7

Formatting worksheet
I have a workbook with three worksheets and one chartsheet in it. I have notes documenting various aspects of the four sheets. Some of those notes are on electronic post-it notes and others on scraps of paper. It seems to me that a convenient way to consolidate all of my documentation for the workbook would be to add another worksheet to it and put the information in it. What would be the best way to format the worksheet so that I could type information into it as if I were using a text editor? Leslie, Excel isn't really all that set up for text. I sometimes make narrow column...

Conditional Field in Queries

zip codes not being saved as text in CSV format
I need my file to be saved in CSV format (to import into another application). When I format the zip codes as Text or Special(zip code), they are correct in XLS format, but when I open the file in CSV format they switch back to general. Any solution? work around? Thanks so much for your help in advance!! Melissa Change the file extension to .txt and use the text import wizard to treat the column as text (last dialog) -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "MelissaM" <MelissaM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5A02627-810E-4234-8247-267D9B12FA29@microsoft.com... >...

compare two files and merge rows base on a matching word within these two rows
I have two file with several colomns. I need to compare two Col B fileA Col B of FileB as shown in example. http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AgUVfFOnkiaKdFBiNDFLamcybXdhWkR6bS05Qnluenc&hl=en Each col have about 1000 rows. Each row contains thousands of words and phrases separated by Comma. As you can see from example, my data has soo many words and phrases separated by comma in each row of two colomn A and B. ============== i Need to merge data of corresponding row from COLA$FileB TO corresponding row of COLA$FileB Also merge data of corresponding row from CO...

format a column
I have a simple question to ask, I have a column in Excel is number like 142000, I want to format the whole column numbers without the two ending 0s, change 142000 to 1420, how can I do that? Thanks -- xcao ------------------------------------------------------------------------ xcao's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14538 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=471821 Enter 100 in an empty cell and copy it. Then, select your range of numbers you want to change, Right Click and go to Paste Special, and select Div...

OWA
I have full permissions to other users' mailboxes, and can access them in Outlook, but when I try in OWA I receive the error "You are not authorized to view this page." The way I try to access the another user's mailbox is by appending /[email alias]/inbox. (I've also tried multiple combinations of substituting email alias with user logon name and keeping/dropping "inbox.") This worked at one time, but I haven't tried it in a while. So either some updates I have applied to my server (sbs 2003 premium - running Exhange 2003) or some other configuration ch...

How to return a 12 hour time format without the AM in an Access query
The format function acts differently in a query and after hours of testing, messing, and cursing, I give up. How do you return 12 hour format without the AM or PM from an Access query. In my table, I've defined the Start Time and End Time to use "Medium Time" format and it works if and ONLY if you simple include the field in the query. However, if you use the field in a more complex statement, it returns leading zeros and trailing seconds. Here's what I've tried.... 'This didn't work because it returns trailing seconds and AM/PM. '2:00:00 PM...

How can I connfigure my outlook to access same profile accross mu.
How can I connfigure my outlook to access same profile accross multiple user ids on a computer Krishna <Krishna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I connfigure my outlook to access same profile accross > multiple user ids on a computer You can't. Each user ID will have its own profile, sicne profile information is kept in the registry in a user-specific area. However, you can certainly reference the same message store within each profile. For POP accounts, just put the PST somewhere in the Shared Documents hierarchy and point to it within each profile. -- B...

Can't delete scheduled bill payment
I have an upcoming bill payment for natural gas heating for Nov 23/2003. Since I've paid before the due date of this account, when entering the the bill particulars, Money 2001 did not recognize this as an upcoming bill. When I went to skip this months transaction so as not to have two occurences in the same month, the upcoming bill remains as pending. I tried changing the bill payment to today, but receive an error "Cannot edit transaction". I tried deleting that bill account to rebuild the scheduled bill information and I cannot delete it. I also get an error message saying &...

can't find desktop image file
The image file that I have displayed on the desktop is nowhere to be found. When I go to control panel/display/desktop/background ---- the image file is one of the choices in a drop down menu. I wish to copy this image file to another computer but I can't locate it on the computer?? I've tried a "search" but no luck. tuuf wrote: > The image file that I have displayed on the desktop is nowhere to be > found. When I go to control panel/display/desktop/background ---- the > image file is one of the choices in a drop down menu. I wish to copy > this i...

How can I stop outlook automatically shutting down when I open wo.
I am having a lot trouble with Outlook 2007 shutting down when I take any other action such as switching to MS Word or Excel or my desktop. The main outlook screen shuts down but any email I have open will remain open. It can be very annoying especially when you are waiting for search results to complete some correspondence in Word. This problem only started about 3 months ago for no apparent reason. The edition of Outlook 2007 I have is (12.0 6514 5000) SP2MSO (12.0 6425 1000). Any help would be very welcome. I want to keep out look open when the computer is on as I use it ...

Conditional null value

Display ALL text contents in cell
I am having trouble displaying all the contents in the cell. It is som lengthy information in the cell. I have made the row height as high a it will go, but it still won't display all the information. I canno make the column width any wider than I have it set, because then th other columns will not fit on the page. Does anyone know how t overcome this problem? : -- Flipper106 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Flipper1067's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2561 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/...

Help
Forgive me if "Conditional Sums" is not the accurate word for what I am trying to accomplish... I'm at a loss for what to call this situation. What I have is a spreadsheet totaling attendance figures for classes taught by two people (Dave and Cary). Column A lists their name, and next to it in Column B is the number of people who attended that class. What I need is a formula that will look at the sheet and report in a given cell the total for attendance for each person. I can work basic formulas like SUM, but that will give the total for the entire column, when what I n...