Concantenate

I would like to use a command such as vlookuo to lookup a value and insert
that value into a path that will identify a referenced spreadsheet.  Can
that be done?

i.e. find a string in a cell and use that string as part of a file name.

0
chuck5599 (29)
11/23/2003 12:43:37 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Chuck
    Yes.  Within the call of the file name put something like:
& Range("A1").Value &
HTH   Otto
"Chuck" <chuck@newmanArchitecture.com> wrote in message
> I would like to use a command such as vlookuo to lookup a value and insert
> that value into a path that will identify a referenced spreadsheet.  Can
> that be done?
>
> i.e. find a string in a cell and use that string as part of a file name.

0
ottomhello (94)
11/23/2003 3:31:53 AM
Thank you Otto

I must be doing something wrong because I still cannot get it to work.

"Otto Moehrbach" <ottomhello@att.net> wrote in message
> Chuck
>     Yes.  Within the call of the file name put something like:
> & Range("A1").Value &
> HTH   Otto
> "Chuck" <chuck@newmanArchitecture.com> wrote in message
> > I would like to use a command such as vlookuo to lookup a value and
insert
> > that value into a path that will identify a referenced spreadsheet.  Can
> > that be done?
> >
> > i.e. find a string in a cell and use that string as part of a file name.

0
chuck5599 (29)
11/23/2003 8:49:06 PM
In my cell formula, I substituted the following for the referenced workbook
filename

["HP-"& Range("C5").Value &".xls"]
and left everything else as it was:  path before file name and following
worksheet name/cell.

The file name is HP-3.xls.  The value in C5 is 3.

"Otto Moehrbach" <ottomhello@att.net> wrote in message
> Chuck
>     Yes.  Within the call of the file name put something like:
> & Range("A1").Value &
> HTH   Otto
> "Chuck" <chuck@newmanArchitecture.com> wrote in message
> > I would like to use a command such as vlookuo to lookup a value and
insert
> > that value into a path that will identify a referenced spreadsheet.  Can
> > that be done?
> >
> > i.e. find a string in a cell and use that string as part of a file name.

0
chuck5599 (29)

Concantenant and % but shows actual number
I have a spread sheet with a large number of categories and a corresponding %. I want to concantenant the heading and the attached % in an additional column. So far so good but when I concantenant the % any value other than 0% reverts to the full number below. So 5% displays as .05687899797897 (or what ever number sits underneath) Is there a way of getting it to display as a percentage. Ultimately I want to import it to Visio (so the same problem may occur!). Any help appreciated Hager as an example...assuming a1 has your percentage and a2 has your heading, would somet...

Concantenate
I would like to use a command such as vlookuo to lookup a value and insert that value into a path that will identify a referenced spreadsheet. Can that be done? i.e. find a string in a cell and use that string as part of a file name. Chuck Yes. Within the call of the file name put something like: & Range("A1").Value & HTH Otto "Chuck" <chuck@newmanArchitecture.com> wrote in message news:u%23HYWrVsDHA.2340@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I would like to use a command such as vlookuo to lookup a value and insert > that value into a path that will ide...

concantenate then index match
Hi. Is it possible to concantenate one cell with text with another cell with a number in it and take that result and then use it in an index/match formula to find a result? Or will it not work? It looks like this: C1 D1 E1 2 3 A C3 D3 E3 F3 A 2 3 1 H H H 2 S S S A3 D D D Now, Concantenate D1 & E1, then use the Index Match with cell C1 to find a result of D in cells D4 through F7. Hope I explained my question properly. Thanks. ...

concantenate formula?
I havea few thousand 10 digit phone numbers all in one column. I need to separate these into two columns with the area code in one column and the remaining 7 digit phone number in the other column. How do I do this? What is the formula?? Can anyone help me?! THANKS and HAPPY HOLIDAYS! Try Data/Text to Columns. Click the Fixed width radio button, then Next. Click between the 3rd and 4th number. Click Finish. In article <5915164f33424@uwe>, "billygalkowski" <u16801@uwe> wrote: > I havea few thousand 10 digit phone numbers all in one column. I need to > sep...

Concantenated SUM() problem
I'm trying to build a sum range statement by concantenating a range from another sheet. The actual statement looks like this =SUM(INDIRECT(AF31&"!O_"&INDEX($A:$A,ROW())&"_"&AL31&":"&AF32&"!O_"&INDEX($A:$A,ROW())&"_"&AL32)) AF31 = Orders_June_2006.xls AF32 = Orders_June_2006.xls ......in another scenario those could have different names, but lets ignore that for now AL31 = 12 AL31 = 22 .....these two cell values represent day codes .....after formula evaluation it looks like this =SUM(Orders_Ju...

Date Formatting when Concantenating

Auto concantenate
I am working in Office 2003. I am trying to create a spreadsheet that I can paste data into column a and automaticaly concantenate with a ; as the seperator. The catch is that my result needs to be limited to 1000 entries, I can have multiple cells with 1000 entries. example: 1234567-1;987654;1111111-11;4561234-801; this example has 4 entries. Currently I have been getting the data in column A the in column B I enter the ;. Then I use concantenate in column C and copy it down to the end. Next I go to the 10th entry and in column D I concantenate the first 10 of column C then...

Concantenation HELP!
Thanks in advance for any help. Surely I'm not the only one who has ever wanted to do this..... I have three tables like this: Table 1 ID(autonumber) Field 1 Field 2 Field 3 Table 2 - many to many join [Table 1 ID] [Table 3 ID] Table 3 ID(autonumber) Field 1 Field 2 I would like to create a query/other SQL statement which will produce fields from Table 1 and then a filed which shows a comma separated series of the related Field1 in Table 3. So I think it would be like... (Table1.Field1) (Table1.Field2) (Table3.Field1, Field1, Field 1) I'm new to coding and have searched...

Concantenating non adjacent cells
Hello - I am trying to create a field that concatenates cells that are populated from the previous 12 cells on that row, but excluding blanks and adding a * delimited character between each instance. Please find a 4 column example below ID 1 2 3 4 Result required Z A C D A*C*D Y B C B*C X A B D A*B*D I will be applying this to a 2007 version spreadsheet containing in excess of 10,000 lines. There will be at least 5 blank cells on each row. Many than...

Update statement...concantenate text
I wanto concatenate text in the field like MY123, MY234 under same field. Below are my code:- mySQL6 = "UPDATE WIPRawDetails SET SerialNumber = SerialNumber & '" & Me. txtI_SerialNumber & "' WHERE PartNumber= '" & Me.txtPartNumber & "' AND JobNumber = '" & strJobNumber & "'" Debug.Print mySQL6 DoCmd.RunSQL mySQL6 I managed to get that but I need a comma to separate it...Can someone help me? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/2007...

Concantenate columns with dates and text
The first two columns in my spreadsheet are dates. The third is text. When I try to concantenate, the dates turn into numbers. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. In Excel, dates are stored as the number of days since the last day of the nineteenth century (i.e. 1/1/1901 is day 1). Times are recorded as a fraction of a day. What you see when you type a date into Excel is that underlying number subjected to a date format. To work around this, you need to use the Text() function. This will change your date value to a text date with your chosen format. For example to se...

Duane Hookom Concantenate error
OK, This is such a simple problem that the answer is probably right in front of me, but I just can't see it... I have downloaded Duane's Concantenate demo. I have imported the module into an Access 2003 (SP2) db. I have created my query and set up my column to contain the merged values from multiple records. But, when I run it, the debugger kicks in and I get the "User-defined type not defined" error, and the line referenced is the "Dim rs As New ADODB.Recordset" highlighted line. Now I had tried this before, copying into the FPWWIND.mdb file and I had gotten the...

Vlookup, IF, concantenate, Right -- can all these be in one formu
I am trying to do a vlookup from one tab with the lookup value a combination of B and the last 4 digits of A. Comparing that value to the other tab that also requires combining B and last 4 digits of B. If it does find it, I need a blank cell returned. If it does not find it, I would like an "X" returned. I have found many formulas that have bits and pieces. I am not successful in nesting all of these things together. I have spent way too much time trying on my own so I appreciate any help you may have. I also found the * to cause me some problems, which also caus...