compute one of two missing value?

I want to create a table like this:

column A is the name of the person
column B is height in feet
column C is height in meters

How do I set it up so that if I enter a number in the feet column, excel
would calculate and fill in the meter column, and if I fill in the meter
column, excel would calculate and fill in the feet column?

0
james
3/6/2010 3:02:26 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

use a worksheet_change event
if target.column=2 then target.offset(,1)=target*_____
if target.column=3 then target.offset(,-1)=target/_____

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"james" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>I want to create a table like this:
>
> column A is the name of the person
> column B is height in feet
> column C is height in meters
>
> How do I set it up so that if I enter a number in the feet column, excel
> would calculate and fill in the meter column, and if I fill in the meter
> column, excel would calculate and fill in the feet column?

0
Don

Can I do portrait and landscape orientation on one sheet?
I want to create an 8.5x14 fanfold where the first page is basically portrait oriented and the second is landscape oriented. Can this be done in one project? Think of a mailer where the outside page is vertically oriented for mailing purposes, then when you open it, you turn it so the page is horizontally oriented. Ideas? <THANKS!> "ErnieJG_OMA" <ErnieJG_OMA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:66A73C49-D6E4-42AD-A0C0-596FE5035C14@microsoft.com... >I want to create an 8.5x14 fanfold where the first page is basically >portrait > oriented an...

Copy Userform ListBox AND TextBox values
How can I copy the values from ListBox1 and TextBox2 from the same Userform into the same cell on a worksheet? I have the code to copy either one to the correct location but I need to merge the values from both, seperated by a slash (/). I have tried using the following but it will paste "FALSE" into the appropriate cell: With Target .Value = ListBox1.Value & " / " & .Value = TextBox2.Text 'copies data to column B End With Thanks. -- Traa Dy Liooar Jock Ignore last - I have managed to do it. -- Traa Dy Liooar Jock ...

Insert page number in one click
OK, I admit it: I'm lazy. I'm finding it very annoying in Word 2007 that I have to click three different times to insert a page number at the current location in my header (Page number, Current position, Plain number). Is there any way I can create a shortcut or macro to just skip right to Plain Number and have the page number inserted right there? Thanks! Add the following macro to a QAT button or keyboard shortcut to insert the page number at the cursor Sub InsPageNo() Selection.Fields.Add Range:=Selection.Range, Type:=wdFieldPage, _ PreserveFormatting:=F...

Mac Word freezes Computer my computer
I have recntly purchased an apple Macbook intel core Duo notebook running Tiger and MS office for mac version 2004 for students. both have been fully updated off of the web. When I load a word doc file off of my USB stick all's well until I try to then save a file; when quite often, the coloured circle appears forever, when word on the tool bay is touched it indicates that " word is not responding" when I try to force quit this some times works BUT then finder will not work and will not reset, so the only way to regain control of the computer is to hold down the "on/off key&...

kindly, before I crash this computer against the wall..
....does someone know why when I write this declaration: dim idx as Index (or even DAO.Index) it changes into: dim idx as index (or DAO.index) ....and obviously it screams errors if I run the code. References seem fine. As a guess, you have defined index somewhere in your database. I am surprised however that Dim idx as DAO.INDEX does not overcome the problem. Does this happen in just one database or in any database you have? If just one, you might try to decompile and then compile your VBA code and see if that helps. John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010 Th...

How to Use One PST file on Two Computers?
Hello: I have a desktop machine with a pst file in my Outlook 2003. I would like to copy this pst file to my laptop. How do I synchronize the same file on 2 machines so I won't get duplicate e-mails? I use one premium Yahoo e-mail account and several free Yahoo accounts with YahooPOPs.. Thanks in advance, Spudy Hi Spudy, it is not possible by default to share PST files. A list of a list of third-party synctools are also on this site: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm On the Microsoft Office Marketplace site is a list of third-party messaging tools: http://office.microsoft.com...

How do i make two column graphs into one? on one axis
Help please I want to plot data from two colum graphs on one axis, one vertically above the other. The y axis doesn't need to start at 0 again, just continue on from the one below. Anyone know ? That's a stacked column chart. Select all the data and create a new chart using this chart type, or take one of the single series charts, copy the other data, select the chart, and use Paste Special (Edit menu) to add the data as a new series. Then go to the Chart menu > Chart Type, and choose the stacked column chart type. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials...

Restoring computer
I would like to restore my computer from the day I got it. Does anyone know how to do this? I am fed up its all screwy and I think this will fix all our cont. problems Depends on what OS you are running. You can always reformat your hard drive. But save anything that you want to keep first. ALso on xp you can do a restore. but it only goes back so far. Still save important files because it will erase them. "high5me" <high5me@comcast.net> wrote in message news:%23ep9TO0hFHA.1444@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I would like to restore my computer from the day I got it. ...

How to setup online access to multiple accounts in one institution
I am using Money 2004 Small Business. I have 4 different accounts with Ameritrade, each account has a different online account ID and pin number. Money does not appear to let me setup all four accounts for activity download, it appears to permit only one set of account login info per institution. Is Microsoft short sighted in designing this or I am missing something? Please help, your effort will be greatly appreciated. Matt In microsoft.public.money, Admin wrote: >I am using Money 2004 Small Business. I have 4 different accounts >with Ameritrade, each account has a different onl...

Sum of Two Union Queries
Hello, I have the following SQL that produces two record totals (as it should). But I want to SUM those two values from within the same query. Rather than create a second query that SUMs the two values from the first query: SELECT Count(*) AS SubCount FROM [MyTable1] WHERE (([MyTable1].UNIQUEUSER)="JOHNSMITH") UNION ALL SELECT Count(*) AS SubCount FROM [MyTable2] WHERE (([MyTable2].SWCASSIGNEDUSER)="JOHNSMITH"); The results I get are: SubCount -------------- 380 2 I've tried "wrapping" that entire SQL code inside of a SELECT SUM, but upon execution it ...

Unable to Open a backup file (Money 2004) on a new computer
Though I am computer savvy, MS Money is driving me crazy. Last year I have installed Money 2004 on my laptop and used it once a month to download transactions. Everytime I close money, I get a new file created on my hard disk with the name "My Money Backup ++.mbf", where + indicates a number. I always open the latest .mbf file to access the information. Now I have purchased a new laptop and installed Money 2004 on that as well. I have copied the latest .mbf file from my old laptop onto a diskette and tried to open it from the new laptop in vain. Whatever I do, I get stuc...

Select one cell insteade of a range
Is it possible with VBA the make a sheet select only one cell at a time when you drag the cursor around the sheet instead of the normal function of selecting a range? You can do it with VBA code. Right click the tab at the bottom of the worksheet you want to have this functionality, select View Code from the popup menu that appears and copy/paste this code into the code window that opened up... Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Target(1).Select End Sub Now, go back to that worksheet and try to select multiple cells. -- Rick (MVP - Excel) ...

How to share Outlook 2003 with 3 computers (peer to peer)
How to I share my Outlook folders, calendar, contacts, tasks, notes? NO Exchange Server! ( I am peer to peer with 3 computers in my office) help! David Create a Personal Folders file on a drive/share that all 3 computer have access to. This PST file can be opened via the File > Open > Outlook data file on each machine. Now for the bad news, Outlook opens the file for exclusive access. Therefore when Machine A has Outlook running, Machines B/C cannot open/work with this shared personal folders file. By the way, there are 3rd party solutions that let multiple machines share t...

One SOMgr with Four POSs
I have a LAN installation where four seperate stores are each operating SOpts (they want items seperate from each other and managed by each Store Manager). However the CFO(also on LAN) needs to be able to access each store from her desktop. We know how to change Admin's DB but are looking for a more elegant solution. Like bat file called from shortcut before SOMgr - that does the switch??? I also have another Client that runs a lot of reports basied on DB's state as of last night of EOM.bck DB. The above solution may also work them! NcS, Change to the store's database in S...

queries which pull data in multiple "rows" in one table and compar
I have a project to complete where the end user wants me to write several queries which pull data in multiple "rows" in one table and compare them to data in another using access. He also needs a report written based on the findings of which data meets certain criteria within those queries. I think the report part will be pretty easy, but can someone give me some suggestions on what would be the best way to create the queries in access? Thanks Da Chosen One On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 19:22:01 -0800, Da Chosen One <Da Chosen One@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: You...

VALUE error message
I would like I5 to equal F5+G5-h5. I get a value error message. one or more of the cells F5,G5 or H5 probably have text in them, either a number entered/pasted as text, or a "blank" made by pressing the space bar (and inserting a space character). For the first problem, copy an empty cell, select F5:H5 and choose Edit/Paste Special, selecting the Values and Add radio buttons, then click OK. This will coerce any "text" numbers to real numbers. For the latter, use the del key or Edit/Clear/Contents rather than the spacebar to clear the cell. Note that SUM(F5:G5,-H5...

Copying profiles from computer to computer
Hi there, does anyone know where I will find the folder where Outlook 2002 profiles are kept. My team hotdesk and I want to set up all their profiles on one machine then copy them over to each of the other machines rather than going through setting something like 35 profiles up on each. The machines are all windows 98 SE Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks Paul "Paul" <paulmckinlay@nospam_blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:12cb701c4434c$2702d8d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Any help would be gratefully received. > Thanks > Paul The profile informati...

Switching Outlook Contacts to Apple computer
I have been unable to find away to import my Outlook contacts and calender information to a Apple/Mac Powerbook G4 using the OS X platform. Can anyone give me some suggestions.I have Entourage X as email. Thanks, Not sure about how to deal with your calendar information, but you can export your Outlook contacts to a spread sheed, then import them from the spread sheet to you apple application. -- Dab Cut off: yourhead to respond "Brent" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:017b01c3c58f$b297bdb0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have been unable to find a...

transferring e-mails between computers
Can anyone tell me how to copy/transfer my e-mails from one computer to another without risking over-writing all of the e-mails on the new computer. The old e-mails are on Outlook Express 5. Thanks very much. >-----Original Message----- >Can anyone tell me how to copy/transfer my e-mails from >one computer to another without risking over-writing all >of the e-mails on the new computer. The old e-mails are >on Outlook Express 5. > >Thanks very much. >. >If you are keeping your e-mails on the server you don't have to do anything. However, if you are keepi...

most frequently occurring value
hello how do i find out the most frequently occurring value, digit, or numbe in a set of rows & columns ? then i need to find out the second most occurring value then the 3rd then find the least frequently occurring value then the second least occurring value then the 3rd thanx.. -- Pivotren ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Pivotrend's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=406 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49572 Look in HELP for the FREUQUENCY() function -- Kind reg...

Computer becomes unresponsive after installing updates.
Hi, I'm hoping someone could shed some light on some issues I've been having. I've just done a format and installed WinXPPro with SP2 and the computer. The automatic updates picks up a batch to download (approx 65), but whenever update KB956572 or KB959426 is installed, subsequence updates fail and the computer becomes unresponsive. I am unable to open IE or even notepad; any application will not launch and I'm forced to shutdown. After the restart, I can see the history by going to windows update via IE, and the failed updates all have the "Error Code: 0...

display only one formula
i'm taking a computer test and i need to know how to display my formula when it prints so the formula doesn't calculate, but i only need one of the formulas to be shown the rest need to stay in calculated form. How would i do this? Hi Format the cell as Text, select the cell, press F2, and then Enter keys. -- When sending mail, use address arvil<at>tarkon.ee Arvi Laanemets "norcalchick2207" <norcalchick2207@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F223ADF-4546-44C9-8BC8-6D2825872C10@microsoft.com... > i'm taking a computer test and i need ...

two-sided printer setup wizard, Publisher
In 2007 version of Publisher--- I try and run the 2-sided printer setup wizard using the bypass tray (called tray 1) on my printer (for heavy stock) and it will not work. Every time it still draws from tray 2, not tray 1. Is there a way to overide this? I have set the defaults in widows to pull from tray 1 and also in Publisher right before running this wizard to no avail. Most duplex units will not work with card stock. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "bc84" <bc84@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Policies missing
Hello I am runnig Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003. I ran the system analisys and it states that both the System and recipient policies are missing. I have checked in the Exchange Manager and both are present. Any ideas how I can fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. "James M" <JamesM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:823C9463-8040-4F6E-89FE-55B72DE4B224@microsoft.com... > Hello I am runnig Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003. I ran the system > analisys and it states that both the System and recipient policies are > missing. I have check...

OL2003 + 2 MSN + pop3 need one inbox
Anyone. PC has XP SP2 + all MS fixes and OL2003 is current with all MS fixes. There are three email sources/accounts: 2 MSN(http) connectors and one pop3(Godaddy). The 2 MSN accounts have those special pst files and each has its own inbox along with the standard inbox that the pop3 account uses. I would like just one place for ALL the incoming email to arrive at, just one place to see whether I've got any new email. How can this be done in this configuration??? Is there anywhere that describes in DETAIL how the MSN Connector works, how to configure and adjust its operation and what...