Compile Error #2

I am currently using Excel 2002.  I was given a file, apparently created in
Excel 2003.  When I try to access the file I get the following message:
Compile error:
Can't find project or library
The developer believes this error is coming up because 2002 doesn't have the
same "libraries" as 2003 and that I need to upgrade to 2003.  Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help.
0
Stacey (160)
10/30/2006 5:07:03 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Does the file you have been given contain VBA code?  If so, then it
would seem that the original creator has 'referenced' another project
or library in it.

To explain, when this sheet has been created somebody has used code
from another sheet or a library of code (usually a dll file).

To isolate the problem, press Alt + F11 to open the code window and go
to tools>references. Here you'll get a list of other files that the
workbook refers to and hopefully you should see something like the word
'missing' against one or more checkboxes.  You may need to speak to the
person that created the sheet if my solution below doesnt work.

Im guessing that the problem will be that the missing reference will be
to Excel 2003 (it might show in the list as Excel 11. It will look
something like 'MISSING: Microsoft 11.0 Object Library'  Try unchecking
this box and ticking the box titled 'Microsoft 10.0 Object Library' or
something similiar.  Then save and close the worksheet and open it
again.

What has happened is that somebody has created this sheet and written
code using the Microsoft 11 (2003) object library.  When your version
of Excel tries to open this it looks for the library but can't find it,
and thats why you get the error.

I hope this goes some way towards solving your problem.

Matt

Stacey wrote:
> I am currently using Excel 2002.  I was given a file, apparently created in
> Excel 2003.  When I try to access the file I get the following message:
> Compile error:
> Can't find project or library
> The developer believes this error is coming up because 2002 doesn't have the
> same "libraries" as 2003 and that I need to upgrade to 2003.  Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks for any help.

smart tag error?
Hi, I've been getting e-mails lately with a smart tag error in the body instead of a message. Here's a sample of what I get: <o:SmartTagType namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="_DELETED_FILE__________________________________________ -- -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - . . . - . - . - . - . - . - - - - - - . - - - . - - - - - - . - - - - - - - . . . . . . . -- - - . - . - . - - - . - - - . - - - . - . - - - - - . - . - - . - - . - . . . - . - - . - - . - - - . - - - . - - - . - .. - - - - - . - . . - . - . - - . - - . - - . - - - . -...

"OLE ERROR 80030003" when using EXCEL Template
Hi, I have got an error: "OLE ERROR 80030003" when using EXCEL Template? The template and result file also store in our server. Server: 2003 Client: WinXP+ Office03 Please help, thanks! Problem solved! "Normandy" <angus.hung@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u7hd7jmdHHA.3648@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have got an error: "OLE ERROR 80030003" when using EXCEL Template? > The template and result file also store in our server. > Server: 2003 > Client: WinXP+ Office03 > > Please help, thanks! > Care to share it wit...

Error by receiving an eMail with CRM token
Hello, I had installed the crm email router on our exchange server. If I get an email with crm-token an error occurs on the exchange server (MS CRM Exchange eMail Router). The info in the event log is: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ExchangeConnectorService.ExchangeSinkServiceException: Fehler beim Überprüfen von Nachricht: 'RE: Title CRM:00050004' in Postfach: 'crmservice' vor der Übermittlung (System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessa...

Why do I get VLookup error 1004
After defining a new Name ("_year") in my worksheet, I find that my makro code (Private Sub cmdNewEntry744_Click() With NewEntries ..Show End With End Sub) can no longer open my dialog box. I get a runtime error 1004 a message refering to VLookup property of Workbook function class. The name "_year" refers to "=If(month="JAN.";R[-1]C + 1; R[-1]C)". WhatIdo?? KenG "KenG" <KenG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > After defining a new Name ("_year") in my worksheet, [....] > I get a runtime error 1004 a m...

compiling tables
Hi I have a long list of names (col D) and a date (col G) when they attended a course. Every person needs to attend a refresher course within 12 months. I am trying to predetermine who will be on the course in 12 months time, plus or minus a week or two, the problem is the course may have 12 persons attending or 6 depending on the number of trainers. Several courses are available on a rolling basis. I guess this is a queuing problem. So far I have worked out the lapse time in days (col J), and the rank (Col K) then I used: =OFFSET(D$11,MATCH(SMALL(K$11:K$38,ROW()-ROW(M$11)+1),K$11:K$38,0)...

Outlook 2002 hang with error message when closing. #3
My customer is using Windows 98 operating system, with the Office 2002 (XP) version, and many user encounter error message during they want to close the outlook, the problem did not happen when they open it, appreciate somebody can help/advice on this issue. Below is the Error report Contents:Exception Information Code: 0xfff60951 Flags: 0x00000000 Record: 0x00000000c0000005 Address: 0x0000000000000000 System Information Windows, Minor Version: 10 Build:67766446 CPU Version Code:88A78094 - 30025EC0 -00000001 cpu Version: 00000686 CPU FeatureCode: 0383F9FF CPU AMD Feature Code:...

Cell disply 0.0001 for 1... anybody solve this problem #2
Hi Frank & KKKnie Thanx for your reply. I just tried and corrected. Hmmmmmm... i works. Thanx again. shash -- shashidharg ----------------------------------------------------------------------- shashidharga's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1492 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26556 ...

system error when writitng to xml....
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------020008000906040701040609 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit i got "system error" when saving to xml file. i am using checkbox1 control to xml. when user clicked checkbox and set to true and press btnOk to conform and save it to xml rw.WriteConfigInfo("User Modes", chkInvisible.Text, chkInvisible.Checked, "PirateChat.xml") the error occured in hightleighted in below :....... Public Function WriteConfigInfo(ByVal aSection As String, ByVal aKey...

MFC requires C++ compilation (change the compilation setting to
c:\microsoft visual studio\vc98\mfc\include\afx.h(15) : fatal error C1189: #error : MFC requires C++ compilation (use a .cpp suffix) One of my vc6 project has the above error, I check the file, one of my file(myfile.c) include a file util.h which is written in MFC format including .h and .cpp file and all other files are written in c language ,are ..c file and do not have c++ syntax. I compile all the files separately, only the myfile.c have the above error. It seems that I need to change the compilation setting to c++ compile setting to meet the requirement of MFC Class. It seem...

GP10 SP2 Add-in initialization error
Hello, I ran the service pack 2 upgrade without any install issues. Utilities also ran fine. I am getting an error when launching GP "eOne.Dynamics.GP.ExcelBuilder.Engine.dll: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation" I have Smartlist Builder installed as well as GP service pack 1. I do not have Excel on the server. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. This problem seems to be related with the Excel Reports Builder rather, but seems more of an issue related to your .NET Framework. Have you tried reinstalling .NET Framework 2.0? Bes...

rules in error #17
I am using outlook on two different machines/locations with the data .pst file on a mobile drive. When connecting this mobile drive and opening outlook for the first time at the machine were I arrive, a 'Rules in error' pop up window shows up. The pop-up window lists all rules for which new messages are arriving. When opening 'rules and alerts' those rules for which messages have arrived are unchecked. I have to recheck the rules and click apply, click ok - in order for all registered rules to work/apply. Is there a way to avoid this - so that even when switching bet...

runtime error
I am trying to reinstall Money on my machine after installing XP. All other office products loaded fine except Money. I keep getting this error at end of installation. Runtime error C:\~MSSETUP.T\~MSSTFQ.T\ACMSETUP.EXE Please help if anyone has an idea. Thanks Tim Not sure which version you have, but look at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;141799 Make sure you're also running with administrator rights on the installation. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Mo...

False error message on new floppy disc.HD?
Document created in Publisher will not save to the floppy diskette drive, Have tried all new diskettes in 10 padk. Publisher error message is that "disk is full, go to different disk or drive." cstoianoff wrote: > Document created in Publisher will not save to the floppy diskette > drive, Have tried all new diskettes in 10 padk. Publisher error > message is that "disk is full, go to different disk or drive." ============================================= Best bet would be.... Save to a folder on your hard drive first. Then...if the file size does not ex...

XUL.dll error
Embedded in the email is a link. I click the link and up comes the xul.dll file error stating mozilla/foxfire/xul.dll is not designed to run on windows or has an error. Not sure why this is happening....this same error has happened on 2 different emails from 2 different senders....... Ken wrote: > Embedded in the email is a link. I click the link and up comes the xul.dll > file error stating mozilla/foxfire/xul.dll is not designed to run on windows > or has an error. Not sure why this is happening....this same error has > happened on 2 different emails from 2 different...

Compiler
Is there a compiler available for Access applications, specifically for Access 2003/2007? -- Peter Marshall Manager Information Services Ohio Coatings Company I would be interested in what you are really asking for, but the compiler for Access (all versions) is built-in to the program and is available when you are in the code window by going to DEBUG > COMPILE xxx. There is no external compiler and doesn't need to be. If you are asking if you can make it an exe file, the answer is no. You can use the Access runtime and the developer extensions to create an installation pac...

Macro not running #2
Why wouldn't this macro work when I copy it to the module? Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Address = "$j$2" Then On Error Resume Next Application.EnableEvents = False Me.Name = Target.Value Application.EnableEvents = True End If End Sub Run -- mowe ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mowen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=846 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46675 mowen, Because the Target.Address does not equal "$j$2"....

error message 00652
Tried to install 4 important updates and got error message 00652, what do I do to correct Hello Diane, When requesting help in a newsgroup or forum, please state your full Windows version, edition and service pack level, and perhaps what other antivirus, Security suite and firewall or antimalware software you may have installed. Please do so in your next reply. <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375> "Diane" wrote: > Tried to install 4 important updates and got error message 00652, what do I > do to correct Which is the update(s) failing to insta...

Mount Mailbox Error
I keep on getting these error messages when I try to mount my first store mailbox. How do I fix this? 8/5/2004 8:35:59 AM MSExchangeSA Error MAPI Session 9175 N/A AEX "The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error: The attempt to log on to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer has failed. The MAPI provider failed. Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ID no: 8004011d-0512-00000000 For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp." 8/5/2004 8:35:03 AM MSExchangeSA Error MAPI Session 9175 N/A AEX "The MAPI call 'Open...

compile
Is it possible to somehow compile a program done with excel 2007 ? Thank You Take a look here http://orlando.mvps.org/index.asp#XLtoExe -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Duplatt" <Duplatt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4ABBCD9E-991C-4848-8E7E-5C1A1F1D2574@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to somehow compile a program done with excel 2007 ? > Thank You THANKS Bob This probably will not make it a 'stand alone' program. I used a program ( Super Calc -- Dos) in the early 80's that had a compiler built in. Worked great fo...

money 2002 error
when prompted for the username/password for my broker, i get the message"your password cannot contain alphabetical characters". i've tried upper and lower case without success. am i missing something here? Maybe it only wants a PIN?!?! These rules are set by the financial institution--Money just enforces/reports them. "marc" <gonefromgenes@aol.com> wrote in message news:2c9e01c37b21$23497620$a501280a@phx.gbl... > when prompted for the username/password for my broker, i > get the message"your password cannot contain alphabetical > characters"...

Outlook stationery #2
I recently upgraded to Office 2003. Now the stationery I have for Outlook (downloaded from various stationery sites) doesn't work correctly. The margins are not right and after I send an email and go to my "sent mail" to look at it...the words are in an even smaller margin space than when I typed it! There are only a couple of words per line so it looks like a column. The original margins can sometimes be corrected by using "decrease margin indent", but sometimes not. How can I get my stationery to work correctly again? -- gramlin ...

excel passwords #2
I need to know how to set up a password and change a password to prevent access to my workbook.TIA Use workbook/sheet protection. Select tools menu>protection. There you can select the type of protection you want and include a password Regards, F.I. >-----Original Message----- >I need to know how to set up a password and change a >password to prevent access to my workbook.TIA >. > ...

Error message #17
Hi Been using Money for years currently have Money 2004 Financial Suite. For no reason today when signing on it opens up but dispalys a "Cannot perform this operation" this pops up several times. Money does eventually open but when you try to move about in it it comes up again with same error message enen when i try to shut down. I have tried reinstslling and repairing but get the same message. ANy ideas please See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=104. "Dale Holden" <daleholden@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:gqxod.53961$Y7.18250@fe1.news.blueyonder.co...

Run-Time Error on Cell Range Select
I get a run-time error 1004 on the .Select line. Can someone suggest a fix? Sub FindDate() Dim rn As Long, offset As Long Dim stdate As Date, actdate As Date actdate = Range("Z2").Value rn = IsoWeekNumber(actdate) If rn / 2 <> Int(rn / 2) Then rn = rn – 1 stdate = Range("A" & rn + 6).Value offset = actdate – stdate Range(Cells(rn + 6, 3 + offset), Cells(rn + 7, 3 + offset)).Select End Sub Phil- My best guess is your use of the offset statement, but here goes a longer response just in case that isn't it. What are your variable values...

Tax Update #2
Hello all, Just have a quick question in regards to the newly passed stimulus package and the subsequent tax updates that will be applied. We have Version 8.3 of Great Plains and just want to confirm that the updates do apply for that version. I know that we can do it manually but are more then willing just to wait for the update. Many thanx Hi Brian As far as I can tell Great Plains 8 is no longer supported (it actually isn't eeven on the life list: http://support.microsoft.com/gp/lifeselectmonbus If you can't upgrade, you will need to apply this change manually. -- Fli...