Compatibility Checker dialog box needs to state workbook referred

The Excel Compatibility Checker dialog box in Excel 2007 (which warns of
features in a workbook which aren't supported by earlier versions of Excel
which may be lost if the file is saved in an earlier format, e.g. Excel 2003)
currently doesn't say which workbook it is referring to.

This is a problem when using a .net or VBA program from Excel to manipulate
other Excel files.  In our case we have a custom toolbar that reads in data
from another Excel file of the user's choice, and writes to this file, the
Excel Compatibility Checker dialog box pops up to warn "minor loss of
fidelity" because "some cells or styles in this workbook contain formatting"
that is not supported by earlier versions, but the poor user doesn't know
which of several workbooks s/he may have open the dialog box refers to!

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

compatibility
is Office Pro 2003 (I know, it's OLD!!) compatible with Windows 7???? "muddypaws" <muddypaws@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3A0B735-BBEC-476C-8F4E-92AE92E1486D@microsoft.com... > is Office Pro 2003 (I know, it's OLD!!) compatible with Windows 7???? Yes. ...

vista compatibility
hi there, Anybody knows if Topcom mediakit 100 (a usb hub with webcam and headset) is vista compatible or direct me to a website where I could find out more. I know for sure that it is compatible with xp, but doubtfull about vista. Thanx "Juve" <oivind.juve@gmail.com> wrote in message news:49cdbcc1-673e-4214-b66c-d071573afe89@b2g2000yqi.googlegroups.com... > hi there, > > Anybody knows if Topcom mediakit 100 (a usb hub with webcam and > headset) is vista compatible or direct me to a website where I could > find out more. I know for sure that i...

Office 2010 compatibility
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel With Office 2010 arriving soon, I was wondering whether my Office 2008 will have problems reading files created by my Windows colleagues. <br><br>classicmac Nobody can responsibly give you an absolute Yea or Nay. The file formats are the same as are the fundamental features. However, there will continue to be differences between the Windows & Mac apps. That is nothing new nor should it come as a surprise to anyone [although it does seem to :-)]. Some of those differences are OS-related &a...

VB code for checking if a field is not null (for locking a row) is needed
hi, I need to automatically lock a field after it's been written into and has lost focus. Right now I'm using a checkbox, but I want to lock automatically once the field is dirtied (written into) and it loses focus. Actually I need to lock a row, but a field is a good start--I can replicate the code for each field in a row I guess. Any ideas? RL What I'm using now; it works, but you manually have to check a checkbox, and I want to automate this: If boolcheckbox = True Then field001.Locked = True Else field001.Locked = False End If On Dec 24, 8...

Backwards Compatibility
Does anyone know of any backward compatibility problems when upgrading from Visio 2000 too Visio 2002 The file format between Visio 2000 and Visio 2002 is the same. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm "Matt" <matt.burton@linklaters.com> wrote in message news:0d4901c3b3fd$ce8bebc0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know of any backward compatibility problems > when upgrading from Visio 2000 too Visi...

Word 2007 form: Check boxes are making my other fields stop worki
I’ve created a form in Word 2007, using form fields and checkboxes. It looks great. After I lock it, I can fill in the text fields. But as soon as I click a checkbox, I can no longer fill in the text fields. I go back to the text fields I already filled and try to edit those; I cannot. It’s as if they become read-only as soon as I click on a checkbox. What gives? This is really frustrating. I am using the Rich Text Form Fields (the very first icon on the Controls section of the Developer tab) and the Check Box Form Field (under Legacy Tools, Legacy Forms). Thanks f...

Cannot use copy record button on form with lookup box
Hi. I posted the following message on 12/01/09 but did not get any replies. I am unsure if it is an unanswerable question or not... Hi. I have two forms that I would like to add a copy record button to. But I get error messages [Run-time error 3414] when I try. It points to this line of code when I click debug: If Not rs.EOF Then Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark After troubleshooting for a bit, I realized that both forms have lookup boxes in the form header section. If I delete the lookup box from the form I can add a duplicate record button without a problem. Is there anyway t...

VBA Just need a little tweek! 1st time writer
Well I am attempting this. I had some help getting started and I can get it to work all the way until ******* Sub MainMan() Sheets("OffProd").Select ActiveSheet.Unprotect Dim fRng As Range Dim tRng As Range Dim Wks As Worksheet Set Wks = Worksheets("OffProd") With Wks Set fRng = .Range("A2:I2") Set tRng = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End (xlUp).Offset(1, 0) tRng.Resize(fRng.Rows.Count, fRng.Columns.Count).Value _ = fRng.Value ActiveSheet.Protect End With Sheets("...

Linked Template compatibility error

Compatibility with pc office 07
All the computers at my school are running Office 07(only pc's of course). If I get Office 08 for my mac can i create files on the 08 and then view them and edit them on the 07 version at school and vice versa? This includes word, excel, and powerpoint. In article <ee89dab.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, rgabald5@officeformac.com wrote: > All the computers at my school are running Office 07(only pc's of course). > If I get Office 08 for my mac can i create files on the 08 and then view them > and edit them on the 07 version at school and vice versa? This includes ...

Protecting sheets with drop down boxes
I have an excel spreadsheet that has drop down boxes and formulas. I want to be able to protect this spreadsheet so that other user will not delete my formulas. I password protected the spreadsheet, however, when this sheet is protected i am not able to select from the drop down list. Is there a macro that I can incorporate into my worksheet that would help me with this problem. If so, can you please give me the codes needed? Thanks. Unlock the cells that have the data validation. -- Hope this helps. If it does, please click the Yes button. Thanks in advance for your f...

Compatibility
Can I install Office Professional 2003 on the same machine that has XP Home? Yes. -- Guy Lapierre www.forefrontbusinesssolutions.com "sfleming" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD13C57C-25CD-48D2-BC22-0BB20A7D890C@microsoft.com... > Can I install Office Professional 2003 on the same machine that has XP Home? ...

Dialog Editor display slightly different than app's
When I use the Dialog Editor in VS2005, the editor displays buttons with rounded corners and group boxes with text in blue. When the MFC application is run, the same dialog displays buttons with square corners and group boxes with text in black. Also, the font size is slightly different. Is there a way to make the dialog in the app look identical to the rendition by the editor? If this is not possible, can the editor's display be changed to look like the dialog as it appears when the app is run? "Woody" <ols6000@sbcglobal.net> ha scritto nel messaggio news:f...

workbook
i have twelve worsheets running on for each month of the year. how can i extract two or three colums from each one, and put them in a chart. thanks Monty, One option would be to create a 13th "master" worksheet to contain the data for your chart. You can create cell references to all 12 sheets from the master sheet. In other words, the master sheet contains a summary range that is made up of simple formulas that refer to the data in the other 12 sheets. Build the chart based on that summary range. ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Monty" wro...

Word 2007 automatic spell checker not working
I've tried turning on the automatic spelling and grammar checker via the proofing options. For some reason it can only show grammar errors (green squigly line) yet it cannot show spelling errors (red squigly line). If I then select the check spelling and grammar option it only checks the grammar. I've fiddled around with how checking every box I can try in the proofing options but nothing seems to work!!!! It's really doing my head in, having word but it won't correct any spelling mistakes. Any help would be gratefully received. S In the Proofing cat...

Why does intall need domain admin pw?
I'm setting up the CRM 1.2 for test purposes. I need tobe able to justify why the Installer needs the domain admin password before I can proceed. Can anyone explain to me why the domain admin p/w is needed? Cheers Roland Sure: The installer creates a series of Groups and OU entities in AD. As a result, it needs to have permissions to do so. Sean Fullerton Author: Special Edition: Using Active Directory "Roland Kamsika" <roland.kamsika@xansa.com> wrote in message news:378001c469aa$7a1a3070$3a01280a@phx.gbl... > I'm setting up the CRM 1.2 for test purposes. I n...

Compatibility Issue
I had MicroSoft Money 2002 installed on another HD using WindowsXP Home Edition for an OS. It worked splendidly. How, I have changed HD's on the same machine, using the same OS, and I have to go through the Compatibility Wizard to get it to work. Why is that? What can I do to get it to open from the Start menu without having to use the compatibility wizard? Thanks, RLM ...

Lost Word Document-Need Help!
I was working on an downloaded file from an email and when completing the word document, I accidentally saved it to the Temp Internet Files Folder and now can not retreive the document, and it seems that the document could be a hidden file. Has this ever happened to anyone and/or would you be able to provide advice? ...

MFC/ DropDownCombo & Dialogs
Hi, im quite a newbie to MFC - i have to do a little programm for school in wich the user can enter either a Dot (x/y/z) in 3D or a Layer (3 different forms acceptable) and the programm calculates the distance between 2 of these. I want to use the MFC for it since this makes it easy for the user and to programm - cause the data format entered can be defined easy. I now have the problem that i have designed a Dialog Application with 2 Group Areas in wich a ComboField is where the user can choose the type of Data he wants to enter - and then a dialog should apear next to the combo in t...

XML deserialisation
Hello, I have an issue where I've replaced a single class field with a number of separate fields that allow more fine control. The problem is that my old files, saved using XmlSerialization, still have this old field name in them, and I need to be able to read it and set the new fields appropriately. E.g. the if the old class class MyClass { public int area; } and the new version is now class MyClass { public int width; public int height; } then when executing: XmlTextReader xmlReader = new XmlTextReader(filename); XmlSerializer xs = new XmlSerializer(typeof(MyClass)); MyClas...

What version needed for a balance sheet
I have 2002 Deluxe. Do I need the small business version to get a balance sheet, and profit and loss? YES. >-----Original Message----- >I have 2002 Deluxe. Do I need the small business version >to get a balance sheet, and profit and loss? >. > ...

URGENT HELP NEEDED!!!!: overlapping controls in Dialog
Hello group, I am not too advanced on MFC and it is about 3:00 in the morning, so sorry if the question turns out to be a silly one. My aim is to construct something like Excel editor window on a Dialog box. Detailed: I have a custom grid control and an edit box placed on a dialog. All input in the grid is reflected in the editbox. When the input is larger than the edit box widths its height increases and the input goes to the next line. The problem which I am facing now is the following. When a cell is clicked where the text is quite long - the edit box is enhanced (in order to show all the...

Run Property Sheet in Dialog box
Folks, I know how to construct a CPropertySheet, add pages, and call DoModal() to show it. However, I want to create a dialog box based application and make the main window (dialog box) a property sheet. How to do that? Thanks Ming Ming Huang wrote: > Folks, > > I know how to construct a CPropertySheet, add pages, and call DoModal() to > show it. However, I want to create a dialog box based application and make > the main window (dialog box) a property sheet. How to do that? > > Thanks > > Ming In a dialog-based application the code in InitInstance creates...

Can you get box plots on excel?
Can you get box plots (box and wisker diagrams) on microsoft excel? Jon Peltier has instructions for creating Box and Whisker plots: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#BoxWhisker yankovic-kid wrote: > Can you get box plots (box and wisker diagrams) on microsoft excel? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

ADC
Hi I have a number of admins that need to be able to create mai=ADlbox/mail enabled objects. We run W2K SP4 / EX 5.5 The ADC Management component is running on the DC's and the =ADADC service runs on a dedicated server. We want user admin to be done through AD U+C where possible.=AD When we create users some admins are prompted to select a mailbox st=ADore for the users they create, others aren't. - Why? What are the requirements for creating mailbox/mail enabled =ADobjects from an Active Directory user and computer snap in running o=ADn an admins PC. Also what does the exch...