Compare Worksheets #2

Hey all,
is there any way to compare two worksheets? The limitations in the
worksheet are:
1. The cells in some columns are merged.
2. However, all the data, whether merged or not, the formated remains
the same. I meant if a1 and a2 are merged in sheet A, the same a1 and
a2 are merged in Sheet B.

Please help if there is any way to compare the worksheet.
Also am not good at script. Please specify if there is any method for
that.
Your quick response is appreciated.
Thanks,
Pravi :)

--
praveen_khm
praveen_khm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30364

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Dear Praveen,

Do you want to compare the format of both sheets or the datas of the
sheets?

Please let us know to help u.

Thanks,
Selvarathinam.

Selvarathinam,

I need to compare the data of both sheets and not the format. Thank
for your kind words.

Prav

--
praveen_kh
praveen_khm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3036
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=50213

Pravi,

Use Vlookup syntax for comparing two sheets.  However, upload the
sample file or provide some scenarios for the same.

This will help us to provide exact solution.

Thanks,
Selvarathinam.

Thanks Selvarathinam,

I instead used vlookup and checked each column and finished it. but
please help me if known about the dropdown problem which is already
posted as a thread. However, I would repeat it.
I am recording macros and when used filters, I select it for the
present date. That is as an ex. 18th Jan 2006. Tomorrow, i ll insert a
new data and it consists of the next day, i.e, 19th January. Please
help if you have any coding or procedure which can make the macro work
such that, everyday it takes the present date or the system date. Any
quick help would be appreciated as I am in a fix and the project is
lying without any advancement.

Thanks again.
Pravi.:)

--
praveen_khm
praveen_khm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30364
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=502135

copy worksheet
How can I copy a sheet entitled "Planning" as the first sheet in a workbook name "tmplt_planning.xlsm" which is in the same folder as the current workbook? Thank you QB Hi there, You could use something like this ... Option Explicit Sub Copy_Planning_Worksheet() Dim wb As Workbook, wbDest As Workbook, ws As Worksheet Dim bWBOpen As Boolean, sName As String Set wb = ThisWorkbook If WSEXISTS("Planning", wb) = False Then MsgBox "Worksheet (Planning) was not found in this workbook!", vbExclamation, "ERROR!" Exit Sub E...

Altsoft Xml2PDF version 2.5
Altsoft presents the immediate availability of the new update 2.5 of its Xml2PDF formatting engine. The major features of the new version include: - The fix of the critical bug in memory management that considerably improves memory usage and efficiency of Xml2PDF API and Hotfolder editions; - Support for CMYK, Gray and spot colors in SVG; - Improved support for JPEG and WMF (EMF) external graphics; - Support for internal image resolution (if this data is available); - Performance tuning. In addition, the support for WordML and XHTML (+CSS) transformations into XSL-FO is included into Xm...

select worksheets are corrupting/freezing
Background situation: I am working with a file that contains around 15 PivotTables, all linked to the same cache. The problem: For about a week I have been having trouble with a few of the worksheets - about 3 different tabs, each contains a chart. The file opens fine, no error messages, but when I click on one of the problematic worksheets and then try to change anything on it - close the field list, move the chart, or even select and move to a different worksheet, Excel begins to freeze, and portions of the screen are frozen to the image of the problematic worksheet. I even tried moving...

delay #2
Hi, I use E2K3 in this configuration : 1 FE; 1 BE My FE is in DMZ,when my user open thir Outlook 2000 they received an POP, in this popup, request Exchnage for found information, i read my FE Name. Have you an idae ? for help to find my pb. Rem : after this delay , i have'nt any pb for use outlook or on my BE; Thks Sdeseals ...

Pivot Chart #2
Hi. I have Excel 97 at work. I have a Pivot Table. I want to make charts for items that their grand total is more than 100, between 10 and hundred and less than hundred. So everytime the pivot table is updated the charts will update themselves. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

handle #2
Hi, How should i get the handle of the print dialog that comes up when i print a file using ShellExecutEx()...? "gshetty" <gshetty85@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1193068049.692260.78380@q3g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > How should i get the handle of the print dialog that comes up when i > print a file using ShellExecutEx()...? > There's no straightforward way to get it, but this is a reasonable hack: Use Active Accessibility (SetWinEventHook) to be notified of new window creations, and identify the print dialog with either the classname or...

compare
Hello everyone, I have been reading this group for a while, however I am quite a rookie in using of excel. I would appreciate if someone could help with this issue. I quite often have to compare two sheets (from different workbooks-files, but with the same sheet name). Calculations are thus updated time by time and I need to check where were the main differences. Cells contain both values and formulas. I have found through this newsgroup nice add-ins of Myrna Larson and Bill Manville, and Rob Bruce. However I would need the macros to highlight only significant differences (let's say fro...

How do I build a workbook from the worksheets another workbook?
Is it possible to make up the sheets of an Excel workbook from another workbook that is in a remote address (i.e. a folder below) If you're asking whether you can copy (or move) those sheets from that remote workbook into another workbook, then the answer is yes. If you're asking if a workbook can contain worksheets of another workbook, then the answer is no. Rico wrote: > > Is it possible to make up the sheets of an Excel workbook from another > workbook that is in a remote address (i.e. a folder below) -- Dave Peterson Thanks Dave, I know you can populate cells from...

multiple emails #2
recently whenever i send an email to someone, they receive at least 2 copies of it, sometimes 3, i just noticed that when i am sending, the in process shows 2 processes for each email that i send. anybody got any ideas. ...

Count number of Duplicates in 2 or more worksheets
I have a workbook with several sheets, there a 2 cols, SecID, TranID on each sheet. I need the # of duplicate TranID for each secID. All this should be done in VBA, The resultset should be SecID TranID NumOfTimesUsed 1 3 5 1 8 3 etc. Can I run a union query within Excel, if so what would be the syntax, or is there another way with this type of result. Mike To use a query within Excel try the Import Data command under the Get External Data submenu. Choose Excel files, select the current workbook and type the SQL comma...

linking worksheets in Excel 2007
Hi I can do basic formulas in Excel 2007 like adding subtracting etc. Here's what I want to do and I would appreciate any help in achievingit: In worksheet 1, I want to add up money i spend. In worksheet 2, i want to show my budget total and then see the reducing total as I enter amounts in worksheet 1. Can anyone help? -- Millie EXCEL 2007 I have just put up a file for you at:- http://www.pierrefondes.com/ Item number 106. This is one way in which you might do it. If you add in extra items into Money_Spent columns A and B you will see what you have got ...

Compare two files and update data from another file base on words in a cell separated by commas
I have two file with several colomns. I need to compare two Col B fileA Col B of FileB as shown in example. http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AgUVfFOnkiaKdFBiNDFLamcybXdhW... Each col have about 1000 rows. Each row contains thousands of words and phrases separated by Comma. As you can see from example, my data has soo many words and phrases separated by comma in each row of two colomn A and B. ============== i Need to merge data of corresponding row from COLA$FileB TO corresponding row of COLA$FileB Also merge data of corresponding row from COLB$FileB TO correspondin...

CFileDialog customization #2
I have my own class I have derived from CFileDialog and I want to filter the "Look In" combo box so it only contains the folders I want the user to be able to navigate to. I can easily gain access to the CComboBox but I'm having difficulties filtering the contents. I can't really go from the text of the item, because I really need the full path. There is a trick with the list control of the file dialog in that each item display has its PIDL stored in the lParam of the list item. I was hoping there would be a similar trick to the items in the combobox. I can do a GetItemD...

Transaction Logs #2
Hi everyone, I've installed Exchange 2003 in my environment.and now there are a lot of E00XXXXX.log files filling up my hard disk. I've read and heard that after a fully backup those files would be erased, but it does not happen. Do I need to configure something? Tks in advance, Marco Please detail how you are performing a full backup. In order to purge the log files, you need to be performing an Exchange-aware full online backup (Exchange services still running). NTBackup on the Exchange server is Exchange-aware. 3rd party products such as BackupExec are only ...

2 workbooks
I have got 2 workbooks with a list of names. I need to find out if a name appears in both books. One of the workbooks came from a different source and the other one is a report I ran from our database. I need to find out whether the workbook from out of the company has got any of our own names on it. I am using Microsoft Excel 97 and am fairly new at this so please be gentle. One way I did think was to combine the two workbooks into one and find the duplicates but thought there may be another way. Thank you. Hi "queen on", Assume that In book1 the names are in column A, s...

Removing Delegates #2
I'm trying to remove a delegate from Outlook 2003 and I get this "The delegate settings were not saved correctly. Unable to active send-on-behalf-of list. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object." I have checked and no one has a permission to send-on-behalf-of list. Please help I have seen this happen when the GC (Global Catalog) server is not writable by you. This may not mean much to you, but it will to your Exchange Admin. Your Admin can either, point your system to a writable GC and/or Remove the hidden delegates using the Excha...

help with formula #2
Here is the answer of my question sent to Google on 2003- 07-15 00:41:33 PST : """ Tim wrote in message: > > I've got a workbook with many worksheets on it(about 60). On 2 columns > on a sheet in this workbook i have data and i need to export this data > to particular cells in other worksheets. For example on columns A1:A20 > and B1:B20 on a worksheet is my data and I want to export the contents > of cells A1B1 to cells A1B1 in worksheet1 then data from A2B2 to cells > A2B2 in worksheet2 and so on. > What is the easiest way to do this job? > ...

Beginer
hell friends, i got rid of earlier problem but i am facing one more new problem. Problem : How to disable the default buttons present in the tab dialog. i am attaching the code below. Can one tell me what mistake i have done? CTab1 tab1; CTab2 tab2; sheet.AddPage(&tab1); sheet.AddPage(&tab2); sheet.m_psh.dwFlags &= ~(PSH_HASHELP); //trying to disable help button sheet.DoModal(); i have searched in google and in msdn about this problem but i could not able to find the solution. please help Thank you in advance Murthy >How to disable the default buttons present i...

Command Button #2
How do I create a command button in a worksheet and assign a command t it using the control box tools, e.g., to sort a list of figures in sheet? Thank you, vija -- vijay2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- vijay22's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3411 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=53885 The macro recorder is your friend. Just use tools>macros>record when you do your sort manually. Then, assign to a button or a shape. I do not recommend command buttons. -- Don...

Insert / remove a row from protected sheet excel 2003 #2
Hi, I have my worksheet protected. I set the frist 5 rows all cells to Locked. The rest of the cells are Unlocked. When applying protection I ticked the boxes saying allow insert of row and allow delete rows. Yet when the protection is applied the icons / menu options for inserting / deleting rows are grayed out. What am I doing wrong? Thanks! Michiel. ...

Comparing
I have two columns of numbers column A could be up to 3500 rows. Column B may be more or less than 3500 rows. What I'm trying to do is see if any number in columns "B" appears anywhere in Column "A", and if so we can just highlight it in both columns. Actually I would want to be able to sort by highlighted. so maybe add someway to sort by matched or unmatched. I hope this makes sense. In column C put... =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP($A1,$B:$B,1,FALSE)),"Not in B","In B") In column D put... =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP($B1,$A:$A,1,FALSE)),"Not in ...

Appending worksheets
Hello, I have a huge workbook with some 200 worksheets (Excel 2002) and wouldlike to create one single worksheet by appending the data on all worksheets one after another. Is there an easy way to do this without programming a macro? Thanks so much. Provided the total data rows do not exceed 65535 (assuming a standard top row for col labels), one way would be sequential manual copy > paste into a single new sheet placed to the left of the 200 source sheets. At an est 15 sec per manual op, 200 sheets would only take roughly an hour of work to accomplish. Thereafter, to clean up, jus...

Keyboard Shortcut Key for Switching between Worksheets In a Workbook
Ok, I'm pretty sure this feature existed (as I recalled using it in Excel several versions ago). Now that I need to work with lots of data in different worksheets in a workbook, I find myself severely wanting this keyboard shortcut key (being an old school user) again, instead of moving my mouse to the desired tab below and clicking it (which is wasting too much of my time. A search in Excel help came up with nothing. So I think it's being taken out of official documentation. Anyone knows the correct key combination for this? Greatly appreciated. :) ________ Clifford C...

The "Open" statement #2
I'm struggling with the syntax of the open statement, the helpfil states it as -Open pathname For mode [Access access] [lock] As [#]filenumbe [Len=reclength]- I know this makes me look thick but I've tried various things that hav all failed, can someone give me an example of how this would look for file named "carrier" that I wanted to input to as the mode? Thank -- carl0s6 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- carl0s66's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1662 View this thread: http://www.excelf...

but there is no macro.... #2
Thank you very much!! I've now got it sorted - I followed the link and found several little bits of code. Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you! :) -- grrr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ grrr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15715 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=272394 ...