Compare 2 excel files for differences?

Is there something within MS Office 2007 which will do this?.

Alternatievly anyone any recommendation?
0
nospam7515 (2084)
3/5/2009 4:41:52 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Duplicates
This site is great for finding Uniques/Duplicates:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Duplicates.aspx

Also, for things pertaining to Data Validation, you may want to check this
out:

....and if you feel really ambitious:
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Dave" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Is there something within MS Office 2007 which will do this?.
>
> Alternatievly anyone any recommendation?

0
bliengme (657)

Outlook 2007: Deleted files are disappearing
I am using Outlook 2007. When I delete an e-mail it just disappears instead of showing up in the deleted files folder (personal folder) or trash folder (IMAP). I have checked for these files in my IMAP deleted files, IMAP trash and personal deleted files. Can anyone tell me where these files have gone? Thank you . Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Do you press by chance the shift key when you delete a message? Or look whether there's a filter set for the Deleted Items folder. -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook : Outlook Categories? Categ...

delay #2
Hi, I use E2K3 in this configuration : 1 FE; 1 BE My FE is in DMZ,when my user open thir Outlook 2000 they received an POP, in this popup, request Exchnage for found information, i read my FE Name. Have you an idae ? for help to find my pb. Rem : after this delay , i have'nt any pb for use outlook or on my BE; Thks Sdeseals ...

Excel custom format q
There is one problem that needs help from experts. I got data: Cell A1: AA-BB-999-xxxxx-zz-Abcdefghij Klmno 9, PRSTUVW Cell A2: AA-BB-888-zzzzz-zz-Abcdef Ghijk 8, LMNOPRSTUV .... .... .... In B1 and C1, B2 and C2 i need this: B1: Abcdefghij Klmno 9 C2: PRSTUVW B2: Abcdef Ghijk 8 C2: LMNOPRSTUV .... .... .... Data entries are not the same length. No need to start another thread, the answer Jacob gave you in your previous post does what you are asking unless of course you not explaining the problem correctly. -- Mike When competing hypotheses are other...

lists #2
Hi I have created a drop down list in excel which is attached to a table (via VLOOKUP). The drop down list contains a code number. What I would like is a comment next to the list saying what each code represents (eg 100 - stationery) but only putting in the value when selected (as it is part of a formula). does anyone know how to do this? any help appreciated. kind regards Rexmann Kind regards Gareth Hi! If this is a listbox from the Control Toolbox then you can do this: Call up the listbox's Properties Select ColumnCount and enter 2 Select ColumnWidths eg 30, 100 (depends on you...

Move Exchange 2003 Files
I have a need to move all the Exchange data from the soon to be out of room C: partition to another partition (on the same server). My questions are these: 1. Is this a relatively easy procedure? 2. If so, how is this best accomplished? 3. Would it be better to move the data to another partition on the same server, or to another server all together? Thanks in advance. On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 10:30:16 -0700, "T Rock" <trock@trock.com> wrote: >I have a need to move all the Exchange data from the soon to be out of room >C: partition to another partition (on the sa...

MRU File List
Can someone point me to a MRU File List tutorial? -Tom R. "Thomas Rybka" wrote: > Can someone point me to a MRU File List tutorial? > > -Tom R. > I am certain there are better solutions; but the following code worked for me.... // When we create a new document the first time, we will // fill that documents first view with data read from the // first file in the users Most Recently Used (MRU) list of files. (or "Recent File List") // String defined per documentation (Word "File", ending with formating "%d") static cons...

Copy Purchase orders #2
Does any one know how to copy a purchase order? We do booking orders and have different ship dates. I would like to break up my PO and not have to enter items 2 - 3 times. Thanks No-one answered this one yet. Shame, because I could do with knowing. We very often want to produce a PO for 8 branch, all identical. Please help. "lax guy" <laxguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C284C5BF-7A6E-45CA-A9A0-88871B48E3B0@microsoft.com... > Does any one know how to copy a purchase order? > > We do booking orders and have different ship dates. I would like...

Excel 2007
Hi Guys: I wrote Macros in Excel 2003 that are being run on Excel 2007. I generate a floating toolbar that works on my system just fine. When run on Excel 2007 it is tucked under add-ons and we cannot seem to make it float again. Is this another one of those MS features? Or is there a way to get it back out where it can be used, as I intended? Craig Just out of curiosity, what are the major improvements, other then appearance, that were made with the release of 2007. Hi Graig Not possible anymore Maybe this is a option ? http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm If not change the ribbon http:/...

multiple emails #2
recently whenever i send an email to someone, they receive at least 2 copies of it, sometimes 3, i just noticed that when i am sending, the in process shows 2 processes for each email that i send. anybody got any ideas. ...

Importing a contact list from Excel
I have been trying to import a contact list from Excel into Outlook. It keep telling me that I need to rename my ranges in the Excel document but I cannot find anything that tells me how to accomplish this. ...

Pivot Chart #2
Hi. I have Excel 97 at work. I have a Pivot Table. I want to make charts for items that their grand total is more than 100, between 10 and hundred and less than hundred. So everytime the pivot table is updated the charts will update themselves. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

handle #2
Hi, How should i get the handle of the print dialog that comes up when i print a file using ShellExecutEx()...? "gshetty" <gshetty85@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1193068049.692260.78380@q3g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > How should i get the handle of the print dialog that comes up when i > print a file using ShellExecutEx()...? > There's no straightforward way to get it, but this is a reasonable hack: Use Active Accessibility (SetWinEventHook) to be notified of new window creations, and identify the print dialog with either the classname or...

How do I print 4 different postcards on the same page?
I am trying to print a mail merged document of postcards. I only need one copy of each post card. The only options I can find are to either print four of the same postcard or one per page. I would like to print four different post cards on one page. Does anyone have any idea how I can do this. You're doing a mail merge for four postcards? "EMCL" <EMCL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:BA4A5215-CA5F-4144-941C-295770B06219@microsoft.com... > I am trying to print a mail merged document of postcards. I only need = one=20 > copy of each post car...

compare
Hello everyone, I have been reading this group for a while, however I am quite a rookie in using of excel. I would appreciate if someone could help with this issue. I quite often have to compare two sheets (from different workbooks-files, but with the same sheet name). Calculations are thus updated time by time and I need to check where were the main differences. Cells contain both values and formulas. I have found through this newsgroup nice add-ins of Myrna Larson and Bill Manville, and Rob Bruce. However I would need the macros to highlight only significant differences (let's say fro...

UnHide Columns in Excel 2002
In Office XP in Excel I can not select two columns it automatically expands the selection to include the Merged Row above it which includes all the columns below - not just the two I selected. When I select just two cells the right click does not include the option to "Unhide" or "Hide". I have to go to the format menu, select column and select "Unhide" or "Hide". Is there a way to select columns without including the merged rows within the spreadsheet? Is there a shortcut to "Hide" or "UnHide" with a right click or keyboar...

How do figure excel formula out?
I'm taking an excel class & the ? is "if you enter 5B21C2 in cell B1 of a worksheet the formula is replaced by the # 125 when you press enter. What happened? The worksheet is hypethetical. Then the next ? is to use same worksheet, change the # in cell B2 from 55 to 65. What happens to the # in cell B1 & why. The info I found doesn't tell how to figure the first formula so everything else doesn't make sense to me. HELP! -- thanks I'm sorry to say that your comprehension of XL is soooo bad, that you can't pose an accurate, intelligent question. Doe...

CFileDialog customization #2
I have my own class I have derived from CFileDialog and I want to filter the "Look In" combo box so it only contains the folders I want the user to be able to navigate to. I can easily gain access to the CComboBox but I'm having difficulties filtering the contents. I can't really go from the text of the item, because I really need the full path. There is a trick with the list control of the file dialog in that each item display has its PIDL stored in the lParam of the list item. I was hoping there would be a similar trick to the items in the combobox. I can do a GetItemD...

Compare two files and update data from another file base on words in a cell separated by commas
I have two file with several colomns. I need to compare two Col B fileA Col B of FileB as shown in example. http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AgUVfFOnkiaKdFBiNDFLamcybXdhW... Each col have about 1000 rows. Each row contains thousands of words and phrases separated by Comma. As you can see from example, my data has soo many words and phrases separated by comma in each row of two colomn A and B. ============== i Need to merge data of corresponding row from COLA$FileB TO corresponding row of COLA$FileB Also merge data of corresponding row from COLB$FileB TO correspondin...

Transaction Logs #2
Hi everyone, I've installed Exchange 2003 in my environment.and now there are a lot of E00XXXXX.log files filling up my hard disk. I've read and heard that after a fully backup those files would be erased, but it does not happen. Do I need to configure something? Tks in advance, Marco Please detail how you are performing a full backup. In order to purge the log files, you need to be performing an Exchange-aware full online backup (Exchange services still running). NTBackup on the Exchange server is Exchange-aware. 3rd party products such as BackupExec are only ...

square root function in excel (roots greater than 12)
Hello, I am currently undertaking some statistical analysis in excel but have encountered a data problem, my data is annual, and i need it monthly, hence need to take the 12th root of the numbers, but this doesnt seem available in excel, can you please advise kind regards How about: =YourNumber^(1/12) or =POWER(YourNumber,1/12) tj "Mark" wrote: > Hello, > > I am currently undertaking some statistical analysis in excel but have > encountered a data problem, my data is annual, and i need it monthly, hence > need to take the 12th root of the numbers, but t...

Posting Status #2
I have a PMPAY batch where the status is 'Receiving' these are configured to post through to the GL. See KB850289 for details on how to fix that. "rcr" wrote: > I have a PMPAY batch where the status is 'Receiving' these are configured to > post through to the GL. ...

Cannot open file because it is corrupt
Hours of work - it will not open. Is there a workaround to get to the data? Please - I am computer literate - just tell me how to get to the data - outside word? outside microsoft - I can reformat it just don't want to lose it all..... Hi sbr4tdy, What file format - doc/docx? Is this on your HDD or a USB stick? Do you have backups - if not, why not? -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "sbr4tdy" <sbr4tdy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC213F22-5D4B-4E07-86A4-8AC6048B839B@microsoft.com... > Hours of work - it will not open....

extracting data from word to an excel spreadsheet
Thank You for any help. I am trying to find a way to automate the extraction of data from a form in word2000 to excel2000. The form is for HR at my company, we want to track the check boxes that are marked in employee review forms and bring totals into and excel spreadsheet. I know this is going to involve macros, but I cannot find any literature regarding vb in excel. I only find visual basic and from any of the material I found, Visual Basic and vb in excel are not compatible. Please help me and steer me into the correct direction. Thank You again!! Kevin R. ...

Outlook task #2
I am running Outlook XP Pro and Windows 2000 and I'm wondering is there a way to arraign tasks by categories. Any help would be appreciated. Lawrence <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am running Outlook XP Pro and Windows 2000 and I'm > wondering is there a way to arraign tasks by categories. > Any help would be appreciated. In the TaskPad, click View>By Category -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't sp...

excel Problems #6
While working in excel I am facing two problems 1.after working 1 -2hours in excel ,my excel stops working,even if I am trying to quit by clicking close button it stops responding and the system hangs up.only way to quit the prog is to press cntrl+shift+del and end task.after that I got auto recovery pane that saved my excel work.This happens every day.what's this problem? 2.while inserting a name i.e-insert-name-define-name box-refer to box-I am not able to enter a big formula.after entering say it is around 250 characters cursor not moving forward.Is there any limitation for defi...