Common enteries

Good day,
I need to manage a databse of student numbers

I have a worksheet for each class, about 1200 students
I manualy create a student number for each student.
The student number has to be unique, so I have created the first sheet in
the file to contain all the student numbers.

1) Can I run a check to view / highlight only the duplicated student numbers??

2) Is there an easier manner of verifying that I have not duplicated the
student numbers??, maybe as I am busy creating the student numbers on each
new class sheet?

Thanx !!
--
!ngeniuos
(99% Perspiration)

0
ngeniuos (3)
5/30/2007 2:00:02 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Check out a multitude of web pages on handling duplicates from Chip Pearson.

Scroll down to the D's:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/topic.htm

--

HTH,

RD

"!ngeniuos" <ngeniuos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Good day,
I need to manage a databse of student numbers

I have a worksheet for each class, about 1200 students
I manualy create a student number for each student.
The student number has to be unique, so I have created the first sheet in
the file to contain all the student numbers.

1) Can I run a check to view / highlight only the duplicated student
numbers??

2) Is there an easier manner of verifying that I have not duplicated the
student numbers??, maybe as I am busy creating the student numbers on each
new class sheet?

Thanx !!
--
!ngeniuos
(99% Perspiration)

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

Using the Common Feed List in Excel
Is it possible to collect items from the Common Feed List (RSS feeds) generated by IE into Excel? I would like to screen a bunch of feeds from Craigslist and eBay and none of the readers I've tried seem to do it very well. TIA ed I have used the IE application with Excel to read 1000's of webpages. Depending on the Website it can be very simple, not so simple, or very complicated. Not all webpages are the same even though the make look similar. I don't know what you mean by "to do it very well". The code may not be simple. I would have to see the U...

How to change the language of common dialog box?
When I show a common dialog box, such as Open/Save file dialog and choose color dialog, how can I change the language displayed in these dialog boxes? Thanks! You'll have to either run on the OS that has the language you want or install the version of MFC that has the language you need. This article might help you: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235264.aspx Tom "Hooyoo" <zhao_huyong@126.com> wrote in message news:1159508128.489403.150360@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > When I show a common dialog box, such as Open/Save file dialog and > choose c...

HOWTO localize common dialogs
hi all! I have a core application with no resources. I have a couple of DLLs containing the resources (one for each language i need to support). Now: 1. system is win2k and i develop with visual c++ 6.0 2. the application uses mfc as shared dll 3. the dlls containing the resources use mfc as shared dll too. 4. everything has been built using appwizard. i exactly display the correct GUI for the chosen language. but i'm trying to get the localized mfc resources in order to have the same language also for the common dialogs (es. FileOpen, the buttons of AfxMessageBox, etc). I applied su...

Common Exchange Deployment on NAS?
Hi, What is the most common way to deploy a large exchange installation... is it common to use NAS? As I understand, Exchange stores all its data in a few very large .edb files... if so, does exchange transfer these large files back and forth over the network in a NAS? Thanks David NAS devices that make the volumes appear as local storage will work and are used with Exchange - NetApp filers being one of them. NetApp uses a software util called "SnapDrive" to make this possible. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ------------------------------...

Common Change
Hi, I have over a 200 files, where I need to just change my e-mail address within the file. Is there any thing that I can use/run to go automatically through the files individually, open them up, find & replace my e-mail address, then save the files again ? Hope someone can help. Thanks ...

How to eliminate flicker of common controls?
i created several common controls( list-view(report), tab, rebar) with "Create(...)" methods of them, and everything goes well except that they all flicker while i resize them. and i think the issue is from the "windows style" i used, so which "window style" is right selection to figure them out. or if it is natural effect( there is no window style for that ), then how to figure them out with any resolvents. very thanks :-) -- Frank F.Han +-----------------------------------------+ | winsays@:-)hotmail:-).com | +------------------------------------...

Highest Common Factor
Sorry but I can't reply to your message directly because the body of your post is empty. Too calculate HCF use the Excel =GCD() function Mike On May 4, 2:41 pm, Mike H <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Sorry but I can't reply to your message directly because the body of your > post is empty. > > Too calculate HCF use the Excel =GCD() function > > Mike Does GCD function an add-in? I couldnt find it inthe function window. Hi GCD is part of the Analysis Toolpak. Tools>Addins>check Analysis Toolpak -- Regards Roger Govier "Yabi"...

Architectural decision; deriving classes from a common parent doc and view class or not
Hello, my name is Rainer and I�m currently doing my diploma thesis in a small company in my home town in programming an MDI/Doc-View/MFC-application. To make it short: My task is to design and implement a system, that visualizes (i.e. to draw objects in a coordinate system and show internal information about them in menus, or directly in the co. system ) Data generated by different signal processing approaches programmed in C. For each approach in a differnt window. The signal processing approaches produce all the same basic data, but each one of them delivers special information, that should...

Common enteries
Good day, I need to manage a databse of student numbers I have a worksheet for each class, about 1200 students I manualy create a student number for each student. The student number has to be unique, so I have created the first sheet in the file to contain all the student numbers. 1) Can I run a check to view / highlight only the duplicated student numbers?? 2) Is there an easier manner of verifying that I have not duplicated the student numbers??, maybe as I am busy creating the student numbers on each new class sheet? Thanx !! -- !ngeniuos (99% Perspiration) Check out a multitude ...

How to find the most common numbers?
I have 300 number groups and each group has 22 different numbers (from 1 to 80). I want to find 5 (or more) numbers that occur together the most. Can I find these numbers by excel, macro, VBA or any program? for example, let us suppose that 4-15-23-36-45 are the most common numbers and these numbers are in 8 groups from 300. Is it possible , I added my file to explain my question in detail, Thanks +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: find common numbers1.zip | |Download: http://www.officefrustration.com/attach...

Common open/save dialogs and initial directory...
Ok this is basically a rant, but maybe someone has a rationale... With Win2000, the rules for the initial directory used by the common dialogs (GetOpenFileName, GetSaveFileName) changed significantly. Whereas previously, if you didn't specify a directory (or a filename), it would use the current windows directory, it now remembers which directory the last common dialog in your application used. It doesn't take much thinking to realise this hopelessly breaks applications that use open/save dialogs for various purposes, not just for opening the primary document type. Whereas previousl...

Common Office Platform
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Power PC Is there a common office platform for both Windows 7 and Mac OS 10? If not, when will there be one? What do you mean "common platform"? If you mean will the same product you buy work on either operating systems ... AFAIK there is not and I doubt there ever will be. From the screen shots about Mac Office 2011 (or whatever it's called) it looks like the next version of Office will look more like Office 2007 and 2010--both of which are for Windows (not limited to Windows 7 AFAIK). ...

Common controls
Does anyone know what controls are used to make up the Sticky Notes control in Outlook? Is it just one control that I could find in one of the COM dlls or might it be several controls? Thanks -G See my response to your post in another group.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "GS-SE" <glenrskinner@hotmail.com> wrote in message = news:eUjKLPMqFHA.3680@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know what controls ar...

FInd common data in one column then add number in adjacent column
I suspect this is a LOOKUP formula, but I'm not sure and need some help. Column R contains membership classifications. Column K contains contributions. I need a formula that looks through column R for certain classifications (example: NM09-1), then adds the values in the corresponding cells in column K. Appreciate any help. JT What corresponding cells? HTH Otto "JT" <JT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39A6C545-F21F-4668-B0EB-AE7A0780199B@microsoft.com... > I suspect this is a LOOKUP formula, but I'm not sure and need some ...

removing names from list of common WITHDRAWAL names? MSFT MONEY BUSINESS
I have Msft MOney 2000 Business & Personal, which is used for checkbook transactions. I use it for my year end accounting which assigns a pay out to the chart of account list I have created. Money automatically adds names of payees to "common withdrawal names" list whenever I enter a new payee. How can I edit this list so that payees that are no longer to receive payments can be deleted from the list. A shorter list would be easier to use. All replies welcomed! Aaron in N. Hollywood See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=63. <aaronep@pacbell.net> wrote in message ...

setting up common headers
I have a template set up that displays and prints six reports. Each report contains a header showing: Name of Client Account# Title of Report Date Range of Report Currently I have the header set up in each worksheet and I input the data for each report. I'd like to streamline this if possible, The client name and number remains the same across all reports The Title is specific to each report and does not change. On some reports the date is a range and others it is either the beginning or ending date of the specified range. I'd like to input the Name, Number and date range ...

Common Calendar
Is there a way of setting up a common calendar in Exchange/Outlook? I want the whole company to have read/write rights to the public calendar. I'm thinking of a common user mailbox and setup everyone to delegate. Is there a better way? Thanks In news:%23CFTYq0sFHA.2880@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl, Peretz Stern <peretzstern@optonline.net> typed: > Is there a way of setting up a common calendar in Exchange/Outlook? I > want the whole company to have read/write rights to the public > calendar. I'm thinking of a common user mailbox and setup everyone to > delegate. Is...

Common word in line
I am analyzing a report with about 10000 transactions (Cheques paid) and I want to know which lines contains the word "Rent" or "Rental". Any help would be very much appreciated. Fernando Gomez Assuming your transactions are in col. A, put this in col. B and fill down: =IF(SUM(COUNTIF(A1,{"*rent*","*rental*"}))>0,1,"") Any row with a 1 next to it is means "rent" or "rental" appears. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I am analyzing a report with about 10000 transactions (Cheques paid) and ...

Common Contacts
Hi, I have set up a small workgroup in our office. Is it possible for each user to have access to a common list of contacts in addition to their own? I want to set up a list of contacts that all our staff should have on their pc in addition to any they have set up previously? Thanks for your help More info here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Shaun" <shaun@mania.plus.com> wrote in message news:...

bug in common controls
I seem to have found a bug in the common control wrapped by CTreeCtrl. Repro (VS2008, compiled and run on Vista): 1. Create a dialog-based native mode application. 2. Place a CTreeCtrl on the form. 3. Assign an icon which uses alpha-blending (i.e. it possesses the characteristic of transparency) to an imagelist. Something with about 25-30% transparency shows the effect well. 4. Associate the imagelist with the tree control. 5. populate the tree with some items which use the icon. 6. Hover the mouse over an item, repeatedly. The problem seems to be a paint bug: the icon is being pai...

Common Dilaog Box
Well I just want to call a common dialog box e.g. CFontDialog and then want to change the color of any od the edit control inside that dialog box. If possible reply me back to rupak_das@yahoo.com Bye Rupak N.B : If u can give the source code its better. Have you looked at CWnd::CtlColor()? It is used for just such purposes! "rupak" <rupak_das@rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:0b8d01c38109$abfdeda0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Well I just want to call a common dialog box e.g. > CFontDialog and then want to change the color of any od > the edit control inside ...

Common mailbox
E2K3 Sp2 Have made a common group mailbox, witch specific users can send on behalf of. But all answers are stored as Sent Items in the users mailbox, not as Sent Items in the common group mailbox. Want that all answers should be located as Sent Items in common group mailbox, in case of one of the employed quit. Is it a solution? Jordan That's because you open two mailboxes at the same time. You may make a rule to move items from user's own Sent Items to shared Sent Items when "From:" is the shared mailbox. -- Ray MCSE+Internet, MCDBA, MCP "Jordan" wrote in ...

common calander
Hi, It is for a school. I would like to add a common calander so the principal can add common tasks to the agenda so everyone can read it. Or is there an other way to add common calander tasks / meetings and so on? Thank you. Hi, The usual solution to this is to create a public folder. You can then permission it so only the principal or whomever can edit it. -- --Brian Desmond Windows Server MVP desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us www.briandesmond.com "Coolsaet Aswin" <aswin.nospam@donotspam.aswin.be> wrote in message news:422f70fe$0$18759$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be... &g...

Concatenation of data based on a common field
I need to take all records which have a common value in a specific field and concatenate together data from another field and end up with one record that has the common field and the concatenated field. . . I can do it in a fairly manual way but keep thinking there's got to be an easier way. So, for instance, I have a field called CONTROL and another field called PATH. There may be several records that have the same value in the CONTROL field but unique values in the PATH field. I need to end up with one record that has the common CONTROL value and a field with all of the unique PATH valu...

Common Dialog from Toolbox
I have properly purchased a Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 and installed it on my computer. In running the VBA Editor in Excel, I have went to the Tools>Additional Controls> and downloaded the Microsoft Common Dialog into the toolbox. When I try to drag a dialog box onto a UserForm I receive the following error: "The control could not be created because it is not properly licensed." Can anyone explain this? Is this not part of the Professional Edition package? Thank you in advance for your consideration. -- Thank you, JRXPL ...