Comments get out of alinement

I have a couple of thousand rows with a hundred comments which I'm showing.
When I edit some data which will make a cell larger or smaller it will throw
all my comments which I'm showing out of whack. What can I do about this?

0
miller6708 (17)
12/22/2007 5:20:32 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Debra Dalgleish has some macros that will resize or reposition the comments:
http://contextures.com/xlcomments03.html

--

Dave Peterson
0

print comments
hi please guide me to PRINT "comments" in an excel sheet. reg deepak Hi goto 'File - Pagesetup - sheet' and choose your option for printing comments -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Deepak" <deepak5142@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:#r9Cqj0PEHA.2716@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > hi > > please guide me to PRINT "comments" in an excel sheet. > > > reg > deepak > > CAN'T GET ANY OPTION REGARDING THAT.... PLZ DESCRIBE... Frank Kabel <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote in message news:#Ir1Wp0PEHA...

get cell of function
Hi Can I somehow determine, in which column (A,B,C,...) a selfmade function is called? Or: Can I tell the function, placed f.e. in cell C1, to loop through the column left (in this example B) of it? thanks lot for help materphilch Dim rng as Range set rng = Application.Caller to see the value: MsgBox(rng.address) Gary's Student "masterphilch" wrote: > Hi > > Can I somehow determine, in which column (A,B,C,...) a selfmade function > is called? > Or: Can I tell the function, placed f.e. in cell C1, to loop through the > column left (in this example ...

Comment font
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When adding comments to a Word document, it does not appear to be possible to change either the font type or size of the comment text. The font options within the Toolbox have no effect on comments, and the Track Changes category within Preferences does not provide any options. Is some other method available? ...

how do i get rid of the text box outline around my text?
I hope you're filling your text boxes with more text than you're filling your messages :o) And you just need to read the help files, read the manuals, and look for a button marked Line Color. Set it to No Line. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm > "Ed Bennett" <the_nerd@mvps.org> wrote in message > news:%23bdlu9isEHA.3460@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > I hope you're filling your text boxes with more text > than you'r...

Excel 2002 Comments Box
How do I change the size of the comments box? Thanks If you're asking about the Insert - Comment comment box, you can drag each side to wherever you want. HTH Otto "DLC" <dlcopesr@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1189sshps7cmu8f@corp.supernews.com... > How do I change the size of the comments box? > > Thanks > ...

Insertted JPG. as comment. where is the source of picture
Howdy! I have inserted a picture as a comment to treat picture as data. It seems to be working but where is actual copy of the picture (assumeing I erased the original pics from hard drive). Thanks fo yall's input -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com It's stored in the workbook file. You'll see the size of the workbook file increase as you put pictures in it. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "ifew552 >" <<ifew552.16zpni@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:if...

Comments in shapes
Using Visio 2003, I would like to be able to embed (not sure that is the correct word) into shapes in flowcharts, so that the comment is invisible until I roll the mouse over the shape. When you roll over the shape, I wish to have the comment appear. I cant figure out how to do it. Thanks Carl On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 17:22:00 -0800, Carl <Carl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Using Visio 2003, >I would like to be able to embed (not sure that is the correct word) into >shapes in flowcharts, so that the comment is invisible until I roll the mouse >over the shape. Whe...

Comments
In Excel 2000, I know you can print a worksheet's comments at the end of the worksheet. Is there any way to capture the comments and put them in a worksheet of their own? ...

Getting outlook to not show finished tasks
In outlook 2003 when I open up the Tasks panel I see a list of tasks, amoung them all the tasks that have already been completed with a strike through them. Is there any way to get outlook to not show these tasks that clutter up the display? Thanks for any help you can offer! Shane C. <smchism@gmail.com> wrote: > In outlook 2003 when I open up the Tasks panel I see a list of tasks, > amoung them all the tasks that have already been completed with a > strike through them. > > Is there any way to get outlook to not show these tasks that clutter > up the display? Vi...

Comments
I want to replace the comment function with a picture/chart that will only show when i hover over the cell. Can this be done? please help. Check out Debra Dalgleish's site: http://contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Picture http://www.contextures.com/xlVideos01.html#CommentPicture hendrikb wrote: > > I want to replace the comment function with a picture/chart that will only > show when i hover over the cell. Can this be done? please help. -- Dave Peterson Thanks for the help, can I also drop in spreadsheets and graphs. This website only explain how to drop in jpeg. hendrik...

Hiding Comments from others
I want to add comments to a worksheet, but not allow others to read the comments. I have seen that you can keep others from editing, but can you keep others from seeing the comments? TIA, Carla Hirschfeld Probably not. But you may be able to fool some users by just: Tools|options|view tab| and check the None option button for Comments. (But you saw how easy it is to toggle that setting!) Carla Hirschfeld wrote: > > I want to add comments to a worksheet, but not allow others to read the > comments. I have seen that you can keep others from editing, but can you keep > others ...

Can't get my Money to work!!!!
Greetings! Can someone please help me with this...one day my Money 2003 Deluxe is working...the next morning I try to log on and I get this exception error: 0xE06D7363. I've uninstalled and installed Money numerous times and still get the same exception error. Does anyone know what this is and what I need to do to fix it? I'm lost without this program ;( AC Have you uninstalled both bits of 2003 - Money itself and the system pack? Try installing Money in another folder too. Which version of Windows are you using? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support...

Comment question please
Excel 2003 When I insert a comment into a cell it automatically starts with my name and a colon. I have a single user machine and have no need for my name to print. I know there is a setting to shut off this feature but I cannot find it. Help please. -- Thanks in advance... Bob You can remove the name by deleting your name from: <Tools> <Option> <General> tab, And clearing the "User" window. However, this does *still* leave the colon. Debra Dalgleish has some code on her web site to make the box completely empty. http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments...

URGENT : How to get CHECKBOX object value from a Excel Worksheet by a C# Class
As subject... I wanna get the value of some Visual Basic Object (Checkbox) in a Excel Worksheet by calling a C# class / VB.NET class.... May I ask for advice ??? What I got ....only Excel application, workbook, worksheet....and so on... Excel.Application excelApp = new Excel.ApplicationClass(); Excel.Workbook excelWorkbook; Excel.Sheets excelSheets; Excel.Worksheet excelWorksheet ; I am not familiar with c#, however the checkbox objects parent is the worksheet. For example in VBA Worksheets("sheet2").CheckBox1.Value - contains the "checked" indicator You i...

Getting windows object from hWnd?
I'm in a bit of a mess at the moment! I have a function which takes a CStatusDlg* (CStatusDlg is derived from CDialog). Only sometimes, what's being passed in is the window handle and I don't really have any control over this. So how would I differentiate between the two (I'm currently using IsWindow()) and how to I get the window pointer from the window handle? TIA, --- Al. You can use CWnd::m_hWnd to get the window handle. To get a CWnd from a handle, you can use CWnd::FromHandlePermanent or CWnd::FromHandle. You may be able to use other means to get to CStatusDlg, de...

Commenting on comments
Hi, I have a sheet in which some of the cells are protected and some are left unlocked so that those cells could be edited. I have some comments in the protected cells which I want the users of the sheet to be able to read them. I have not kept the same to "show comment" as the comment is quite big and it will come in the way of some cells in which data is to be entered. I have 2002 and I have not checked "edit objects" in protection as I dont want anybody to insert comments in unprotected cells. So, is there some way users of this sheet can read the comments in the pro...

How to get the 1st of the next month's date?
How to get the 1st of the next month's date? I do have this button script: Private Sub CommandButton4_Click() ActiveCell.Value = Format(Date, "mm-dd-yyyy") End Sub Like today is 24-03-07, push results in 01-04-07 Bart Hi Bart, Dateserial(Year(Date),Month(Date)+1,1) Regards, Bernd ...

Can't get rid of combo box
Hi, I followed these instructions from a previous post, but it didn't help. Edit>Go To, click Special Select Objects, click OK Press the Delete key, to delete any objects that were selected. (no objects were selected) If that didn't work, it may be an object from the control toolbox: (yes, it was) Choose View>Toolsbars>Control toolbox Click the Design mode button Point to one of the lines If the pointer changes to a four-headed arrow, click on the line to select it (it didn't change to a four-headed arrow) Press the delete key, to delete the line I also used the arrow ...

Getting an error message in Web Access
When I go to web access, I get an error message as the page is trying to load. It says "unknown error 12031" How od I fix this? Hi - OWA is part of Exchange, not Outlook. Post this in an exchange newsgroup for more help - and include more info, such as your version of Exchange, version of Internet Explorer/browser, whether this happens to everyone, whether this happens to you while on the LAN, etc. sssphoenix wrote: > When I go to web access, I get an error message as the > page is trying to load. It says "unknown error 12031" > How od I fix this? ...

How do I get custom colors for filling cells in Excel?
I'm trying to shade cells in an Excel sheet. However, there are only a few colors to choose from and they're all quite dark/unattractive. How do I get more customized colors? I see it is possible to "mix" by using patterns, but that's quite clumsy I think. Are there any other methods of adding new colors? yes, you can. goto tool>options>color tab>modify button>custom tab here you can create you own custom colors. you are limited to 56 total. >-----Original Message----- >I'm trying to shade cells in an Excel sheet. However, there are only...

SQL
hi In the lead entity, i have a field called relationship type. When i say select name,relationship type from lead i get sample as below Kevin 1 Lee 2 However i know that 1 = customer, 2= vendor. I want the query to display kevin customer Lee Vendor Can i construct my query in a way that it displays the selected text for a picklist and not the data value. Please advice. Thanks heaps Ridhima Hi Ridhima, Each entity has an associated view that you can query against, the view will do the translation for you and bring back the text value. Your query would be something like: select name...