Command Button disappears from worksheet

I copied an excel workbook that had command buttons on the worksheets to a
co-worker's computer.  I transferred the file on a jump drive (also tried
emailing it using Novell Groupwise).  When the co-worker opened the workbook,
the buttons momentarily displayed, them disappeared.  Is there some option
that needs to be set in Excel for the buttons to show.

I created the buttons using the control box toolbar.  Is there a difference
between that and the controls on the Forms toolbar?
--
SLB
0

How do I put input boxes and sumbit buttons in?
How do I put input boxes and sumbit buttons in excel vba? I am trying to make a address book manually using Excel VBA. Is there a way I can record multiple information into Excel after submitting info. All i have so far is being able to submit one bit of information into excel but I dont think it will stay if I save it. Like is there a way I can group multiple address information using excel VBA? If so how? What you want to do is not clear. Please post back and give us a step-by-step procedure of what you want to do and what you want Excel to do. HTH Otto "mikstr14" <m...

print preview command in Excel

Create automatic table of contents using worksheet labels
I have a huge workbook. I would like to have a table of contents that uses the worksheet label as the reference point. This way, I can quickly create an overview of all worksheets, with automatic hyperlinks to each one. can anyone help? thanks What is the worksheet label? Is it the worksheet name? http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm will do what you want Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Alexandre" wrote: > I have a huge workbook. I would like to have a table of contents that uses > the worksheet label as the reference point. This way, I can quickly create &g...

Saving worksheet as webpage
Hi, I've been working on an excel worksheet that consist of about 18 different sheets that have been linked up to one another. However, when saving the worksheet as a webpage, I run into problems. Saving to my local hard-drive works fine. However, when saving the same webpage to a network drive, I lose a large amount of functionality. Also, when using the option File/Edit in MS Excel (in web browser) I am not able to modify the worksheet if it is stored out on the network. However, when editing from the local hard drive, it works with no problem. Even if I edit the entire work...

macros will not assign to buttons
Help! I cannot assign macros to my custom buttons. The dialog box appears and I can select a macro but it does not save to the button. I believe this is related to another problem I had - which was my personal.xls file did not load on start even though it was in the xl start folder. I fixed that - it was disabled by excel which I fixed by going to about excel - disabled files and selecting enable. Now personal.xls loads - but the macros will not assign. What type of button? From Tools>Customize>Commands>Macros? These customizations are stored in a file named Excel(x).xlb wher...

ESEutil commands
I need a step by step guide on using eseutil. I need to learn how to use this tool to commit the logs to the database On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 18:09:02 -0800, "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need a step by step guide on using eseutil. I need to learn how to use this >tool to commit the logs to the database eseutil/? A full online backup of the store will commit the logs. What exactly are you trying to accomplish? I have another site that will not have a backup solution in place until next month so i would to know how to flush the logs using this utility ...

How can I change worksheet direction from right to left
I want to change the direction of the work sheet in Excel 2007 from left to right and vice versa If you mean you want to change the direction of the cursor on Enter, then click on the round logo top left, select Excel options, select Advanced, and change the direction to Left, Right, Up or Down as you desire. -- HTH Kassie Replace xxx with hotmail "Haitham" wrote: > I want to change the direction of the work sheet in Excel 2007 from left to > right and vice versa I believe the only way is to go through Microsoft Office Tools and make the setting ...

Creating custom buttons #2
Hello, I would like to create screens of buttons so that the operators of the register can simply press a button to add an item for a sale. The system will be used at the end of a cafeteria type food line and I need to speed up the check out process. What I am thinking is having 3 buttons on one screen, Hot Food, Drinks, and Candy/Snacks. Then when the cashier presses Hot Food, another screen comes up that displays 1 button for each of the 16 current Hot Food items. When 1 of those items is selected, the Hot Food button screen should remain open until the user presses a Back button. ...

Command Button #4
I'm trying to create a command button to clear filters in my spreadsheet. I don't know how to write the commands, but can recored a macro and run it fine. I tried pasting that macro into the button....and I had it working then messed it up. Now when I click on the button, nothing happens. The code currently associated to the button is below. I really don't want Criteria1 to = 'Reject', but the one time the button worked if no filter was set and the button clicked, an error was returned. The only way I could make it work was to force a filter as part of the macro. How...

command
how do you use command. A lot of computer people use it but how do we use it? Aaron You've reached a newsgroup dedicated to supporting the use of Microsoft Access, a relational database product. I don't see anything in your post that suggests you are asking about MS Access. Please post to a newsgroup that supports the area covered by your post. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "aaron" <aaron_t_d@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:78CB1423-55B3-40A1-8BF5-D4615E816057@microsoft.com... > how do you use command. A lot of computer people use i...

Set Increment on Spin Button to 0.1
I'm using a spin button from the control toolbar to increase the value in a cell. the min value i want is 0 the maximum is 2 but i want it to increase by 0.1 in the properties this doesn't seem to be allowed help!!!! Thanx Mark Mark, Here is one way. Link your spinbutton to an unused cell (I use) A15. Set the max to 20. Then in code, set the real cell's value like so Private Sub SpinButton1_SpinUp() Range("A16").Value = Range("A15").Value / 10 End Sub Private Sub SpinButton1_SpinDown() Range("A16").Value = Range("A15").Valu...

Menu Bar disappeared
No matter what I do I can't get the menu bar back even though the settings are set at Standard and Advance. I need to get the File, Edit, View line back. Please help. Close Outlook - find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. Reopen Outlook - better? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Cynthia asked: | No matter what I do I can't get the menu bar ba...

print worksheet group in color
I'm selecting a group of worksheets to print together, and want to print all of the worksheets in color. I specify on the printer dialog to print in color, however, only the first page actually prints in color. Inpage setup - sheet - print, black and white is not selected. Any thoughts? May be a printer issue? ...

command boxes from menu
I was working on word 2003, I had copied a portion of an online ebook to paste onto a new document, when I did right click to paste it on the doc. the command box appears outlined, no word commands, it's like a ghost. I then went to the menu at the top to Edit and find paste to do it from there and the same thing appeared; an outline of the command box, no word commands, it's like a ghost. I tried to pretend the words were there just not visible and moved my cursor to the position in which I thought paste was and clicked but nothing happened. Has anybody ever had this ...

Worksheet protection problem
I am using Excel 2000, wanting to protect certain cells, but allow user to filter using autofilter, etc. and how would I do this? Thanks, Jayne Private Sub Workbook_Open() Worksheets("Sheet1").EnableAutoFilter = True Worksheets("Sheet1").Protect UserInterfaceOnly:=True End Sub Right click on the Excel icon next to File in the menubar choose view code paste the code Alt-Q to go back to Excel This runs every time the workbook opens. It protects the worksheet and allows users to use the AutoFilter dropdown lists. -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002...

command
still learning of the sql command HOW TO DISABLE XP_CMDSHELL AND DISABLE BOTH MAIL PROCEDURES ...

Chart links not updated when copying two worksheets
I thought I posted this but don't see it on the list. I'll try again, may be the operator, maybe the same problem I am having with Excel. : ) I have two worksheets, one is called Charts and the other called Data. I need to make mulitple copies of these two charts for seperate data sets. I want the charts links to follow to the new data worksheet like the cell formulas do. This is what I do: <Cntrl Right click> to hightlight both worksheets Right click on the tabs and select Move/Copy check the copy box Create new copies that have the names Chart (2) and Data (2) The Ce...

Default Disappearing Text
Is there a way, in Excel 2003, to have a template with default text in the cell that disappears once the cell is entered? For example, in the form I am creating, one of the cells to be filled is Event Name. Is there a way to have "Event" appear in a cell such that it disappears when I click on the cell? It would be helpful if the default text is non-printable so that it does not show if the document created from the template is printed and not all of the cells are filled with new text. When I make forms, I like to use conditional formatting so that if the cell is blank, the F...

Incorporating 2 different worksheets
Could I get help in incorporating data from 2 different worksheets into one graph. Does anyone know if this is even possible. I've tried holding CTRL and selecting another worksheet but Excel won't let me. Is there a manual way to type in the cell ranges? Thanks -- miteeka Try doing the graph for the first sheet, then copy the data on the second sheet and paste it onto the chart -- John MOS Master Instructor Please reply & rate any replies you get Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders) "miteeka" wrote: > Could I get help in incorporating data f...

remove button
How can I remove the Save and Close, or Save and New button on a phone call activity? Hi Troy, You could find out the location of the buttons via Javascript and then hide these buttons. Though this is relatively hard to do and unsupported, it can be done. Another approach, which in my opinion is a lot better, would be to remove the rights for users to create, delete and eventually update the entity phone call. You can do this in the security roles in the settings section. Hope this helps, -- Ronald Lemmen - MSCRM MVP Avanade Netherlands http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/ "Troyz...

Adding a command to a picture
I have inserted a picture onto my form and in the Event / double click set up a macro to close the form however when i double click on my picture nothing is happening - help!! On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 06:02:22 -0700, casi <casi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: One suggestion would be to temporarily add a button to your form, and from the button wizard select the option to close the form. Then look behind the scenes what was generated, and implement your image_doubleclick the same way. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >I have inserted a picture onto my form and in the Event ...

How many worksheets can be inserted in one workbook?
I have just started using MS-Excel. I was wondering what is the maximum number of worksheets that can be inserted in 1 MS-Excel Workbook? If I remember correctly, I've seen folks report that they're been able to insert upwards of 1000 sheets (as a test). For practical purposes you're limited by the amount of memory your system has. Search Excel help for "specifications and limits". It says: Sheets in a workbook - Limited by available memory (default is 3 sheets) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Bobby" <Bobby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Command Handler
Hi Guys, I have a context menu and menu handler. I know how to acheive what is needed,but I am wanting to know if there is a better way to do this. When the user right clicks on a view, I get the OnRButtonDown(...), there I show the context menu. I have a command handler for the menuitems in the context menu also, clicking which will take me to the handler. What I want is to know is the point where the context menu popped up inside the command handler. Is there a way? Or Is caching the CPoint in OnRButtonDown and using it in the command handler the only way? Thanks Vipin &...

Userform Command Button
In a Userform, I have multiple command buttons. For example: D1_Click D2_Click Depending on another event that occurs, I want to calculate in code the button name that I will be triggering the click event and then trigger the event. For example Application.Run "D" & i & "_Click" with i being the value of 1 or 2. Application.Run doesn't appear to work in the Userform. Thanks Steve Maybe it's because most subroutines in a userform module are "Private"??? Have you tried changing the "Private" prefix to "...

extract from worksheet
This may be simple but I've never tried it in a pc environment. I have a large worksheet (35000 rows) and a small worksheet. On the large there is a column, Name, which is in the format 'surname, forename'. In the smaller one I have one field Surname and a separate field called Forename. These were not created by me nor the same person so this is why they aren't consistant. I'd like to extract rows from the large worksheet where the name is matched on the smaller one and create a new worksheet. Each Name may appear many times on the large so the extract could be on...