Combo box for column

How do I make a combox box throughout an entire column? For example, if each
row is a new record, I want a combox box each time I get to column F.
0
Kmarie (5)
5/18/2005 7:17:26 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Have you thought about using Data|Validation with a list on a different
worksheet?

Select your range of cells in column F and then Data|Validation.

Debra Dalgleish has some very nice notes if you've never used this feature
before:

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> Have you thought about using Data|Validation with a list on a different
> worksheet?
>
> Select your range of cells in column F and then Data|Validation.
>

> Debra Dalgleish has some very nice notes if you've never used this feature
> before:
> http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html
>
> Kmarie wrote:
> >
> > How do I make a combox box throughout an entire column? For example, if each
> > row is a new record, I want a combox box each time I get to column F.
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
Kmarie (5)

Pivot Table and adding a % column, that is not in original data
Hi, Is it possible to add a column for % calculations when the % column is not in original data? To clarify, my original data is as follows: Produt Sales Returns Date A 5 June B 6 June A 1 July A 1 September B 1 November When I run the pivot table, one of the columns I'm then looking to get is a total % of returns over sales , but I cant see how to include in a Pivot table. I can add it outside of the table, but that has problems ...

how do I import my Comcast Int address to outlook in box?
I do not know Outlook. I have 3 e mail addresses; one AOL, one Comcast, and one Victoria@northwest.com. How do I set up these addresses in Outlook? You should be able to set up a profile for each one through the Control Panel, look for the Mail icon. -- K. Orland Thoughts lead on to purposes; purposes go forth in action; actions form habits; habits decide character; and character fixes our destiny "AprilWard" wrote: > I do not know Outlook. I have 3 e mail addresses; one AOL, one Comcast, and > one Victoria@northwest.com. How do I set up these addresses in Outlook?...

convert columns to rows & rows to columns
Help! I need to change the format of sheet3 of a workbook, making th rows into columns and the columns into rows. This worksheet has formul links with the other sheets in that workbook, as well as formula link in other workbooks. How can this be done and still maintain th integrity of the information being imported automatically from th other sheets and workbooks? Can it be done -- ROCKWARRIO ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ROCKWARRIOR's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2709 View this thread: http://www.excelf...

Unhide a column
For whatever reason I cannot unhide a column in Excel 2000 after I have hidden it. I follow the instructions...........protection is turned off.....I select the columns on either side of the hidden column by holding control and selecting each column..........I right click after they are selected and there is no unhide option......so I go to the format menu...............select column and unhide and nothing happens. Any help here????? Thanx Greg Maybe the column is still there but very narrow.....only one pixel width? Have you tried to just move through the cells from left to right? If th...

How to separate variables within a column
Hi I need help. I have want to separate one column into two. But I don't want to sort or filter, I want to make two extra columns, so I can view the data side by side, how do I do it? eg make A 2 x A 2 y B 2 x B 2 y into x y A 2 2 B 2 2 A Pivot Table would easily do what you want..... With A1:C5 containing these values Letter Amount Category A 2 x A 2 y B 2 x B 2 y Then....from the Excel main menu: <Data><Pivot Table> Use: Excel Select your data: A1:C5 Click the [Layout] button ROW: Drag the Letter field here COLUMN: Drag the Category field here DATA:...

Context Menu with Bitmaps of Row and Column format
Hai Experts, I Want to have a Context menu with bitmaps(not text correspoding to that bitmap) displayed in Row and Column format , any ideas or links are appreciated and its just like a Messager "Smilyes" Button where in when i click on that button it displays some bitmaps in Row and Column format and please let me know about your sugestions Thanks and Regards suresh ...

PLEASE HELP: Assign column names to variables
Hi All, I have designed a form that searches from the current database based on the criteria that user selects(criterias are column names in the database table ) and clicks "search" button. Right now I have all column names (criterias in search form) hardcoded in the Select statement. But, I want the column names to be dynamic. What I mean is, I want to display columns that the users select in the form and not hardcode it. How can I assign column names to a variable? Thanks in advance Create a combo box (or list box), set its RowSourceType property to "Field ...

VBA?Macro Newbie Question//Last field in a column with a value.
I am a newbie to programming Excel. I Have a workbook which has a average about 40 worksheets. I keep individual attendance and payment for my Alcohol and Drug Treatment program on these worksheets. Th individual worksheets are linked to a master roster worksheet in different workbook. My question for today is how can I link the last payment in a column i an individual worksheet to the master roster so I can tell at a glanc when a person made their last payment? Also, how could I link th appropriate cells to the master without doing it manually every time enter a new client? Thanks ...

Control Box Problems
I am attempting to get the selected values in a list box to feed into another cell. Does anyone know how this is done? The list box has a Linked Cell property. Set it to the cell you want the list box to feed. "uftiffany" wrote: > I am attempting to get the selected values in a list box to feed into another cell. Does anyone know how this is done? This hasn't seemed to work. Any trouble shooting ideas? "Vaughan" wrote: > The list box has a Linked Cell property. Set it to the cell you want the list box to feed. > > "uftiffany" wrote: > ...

Dialog Box: Which control gains the focus?
Hello everybody! Sample: extern CMyDialog* pDial; (initialisation) .... (entering datas) pDial->ShowWindow(SW_HIDE); (other processing) pDial-ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); pDial->SetFocus(); Which control has the focus? In a project developped with Visual Cpp version 5 & 6, it's the last control having the focus when dialog was visible. An other project developped with Visual Studio .Net, it's always the first control (first in tabulation order) which has the focus. With or without MFC, the behaviour is the same. Who knows the reason why? What is exactly behind pDial->S...

Multiple Information in Columns
I have mutliple information in my columns for Access 2003. Here is an example of what I have Report # Worksheet Location Text 3055 A103 XYZ COmpnay 3055 A102 1231 Walnut St 3055 A104 Newark 3055 A105 NJ 3056 A103 ABC Company 3056 A102 456 Fultondale Ave 3056 A104 Twin City 3056 A105 ...

Column formatting not accepted
Good morning, I regularly export from Quickbooks to Excel 2000. I create a primary key 1,2,3,4, in the first column in order to assist with some sorting that I wish to complete. When finished I sort by the primary key which now lists as follows 1,10,11...2,20,21 - I have changed the formatting of the column with no luck - Any advice much appreciated - Glen It's not enough to just reformat the column. Try formatting the column as General then select an empty cell Edit|copy select your column again and edit|paste special|and Check Add (under operation) millarg wrote: > > Good mo...

Column length
Hi I'm going to fill out an excel sheet that later will bee converted to other program. To get the converting right each cell needs to have certain length (same length for the entire column). Like column A should have 5 characters and column B 15 characters. Some times a cell will bee empty but it should occupy 5 characters (so column C will start at character (5+15) no 20). Some columns will bee with numbers and some will bee with text. Thanks Regards Ove Malde You have a few choices (try against a copy of your worksheet): I'd either concatenate the cell values into another co...

Column widths get changed when another user opens my files
hello, i save an excel file on a network drive and when another user opens it the width of the columns are all changed. what's going on? How can we get stop this? thanks!!! ...

How do I change the row/column format in a macro to beyond letters?
Hi all, I recorded a very long VBA macro in Excel and the index of ranges is in letter format, for example, "M14:M19", etc. Now I am going to run this macro programmatically and automatically in a for loop and expand it from the left to the right so I want to change the "M" in the above example automatically. But after 26 letters, there will be AA, AB, etc. which is really hard to program. Is there a way to adapt the recorded macro (by changing as little as possible) to more than 26 letters. I really want to change as little as possible because I spent lots of time re...

Print problem with columns
I have inherited a spreadsheet and need to print it on one page. All the information is 2 columns. Is there a way to get the columns to wrap on a page so instead of having 3 pages with 2 columns each, I can have one page with six columns? There is no direct method... If you can print, say 50 rows per page, then you can do this enter in C1 =A51 and copy one col right and 50 rows down... If you are still left with values then enter in E1 =A101 and repeat the above Print only rows 1-50... -- Always provide your feedback so that others know whether the solution worked or problem still pe...

How to insert a page in a book that has linked text boxes.
How do you link a text box to the previous and following pages after inserting a new page in a sequentially paged document. If I understand you correctly you have something like this. 10 page booklet and pages 1 through 5 are linked, page 6 isn't and pages 7 through 10 are linked. Now you want to link all pages 1 through 10. Here's how I would do it in Publisher 2000 Create 5 linked pages to page 5. Now you have pages 1 through 10 linked, page 11 and page 12 through 15 linked. Cut (copy)/paste new page 11 (orig pg 6) to new page 6. Now for a little razzle dazzle. Go to new p...

Organize Columns in Inbox, Specifically Flag Status
Hello, I would like the Flag Status column to appear after the Icon column in my Inbox view. (It is currently the last column.) In the Show Fields dialog box, Flag Status appears as the third item, after Importance and Icon, which is what I want but it doesn't appear in this order in my Inbox window. I'm using Outlook 2003. Any suggestions? You need to disable quick flags if you want to move the column. It's in Other Settings in the Current view menu. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/viewmenu.htm if you need help finding the menu. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Ou...

Why is some mail going directly to 'delete' box
Hi, I'm using Outlook 2000 (SP3). I recently discovered that a couple of incoming e-mail addresses go directly to the 'delete' box. These are email addresses I never would have put into the "junk e-mail" section (and I checked there to be sure), and I didn't give them any specific 'rules'. Why would some emails automatically go to the deleted box? Thanks, james, Seattle Remove the spamblock from my address if emailing me. Open Outlook ==> Click on Tools ==> Organize and check the Junk email settings and adult content settings. Also you might wan...

text boxes and or autoshapes
How can you modify a autoshape (drawing shape) when used in excel to increase the number of anchor points for adding connecting lines? patrick, ie box only has four, i want more A box has 6 markers but are they anchor points? You can attach a line to any part of the box with the Group command. Have I misread your question? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Patrick" <Patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25EF0802-57EF-477E-821D-8CAD07D1642C@microsoft.com... > How can you modify ...

How do you create a macro on a worksheet that opens a dialog box?
How do you create a macro on a worksheet that opens a dialog box? It depends on the dialog box. If you want to show an inbuilt excel dialog box then: dlgAnswer = Application.Dialogs(xlDialogOpen).Show will show the FileOpen dialog box. Search help for the other built in dialog boxes to replace xlDialogOpen. If you want to get simple information from the user you could use InputBox. Otherwise you can design your own forms to show to the user by inserting a UserForm in the Visual Basic Editor and using the MyFormName.show in your macro. Neal "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.m...

column header not recognized in sort
I have a file that I update with exported data. I delete the current data, then paste the new data in. I leave the column headings there. I do this with more than one sheet. However on one of the sheets, when I do a sort it does not recognize the first row as the headings. I have to go to data, sort, and check row headings then choose my sort. It does not remember it the next time either. Any ideas? Thanks, Becky A list of all text makes Excel think there are no headers in that column. You can make it think there ARE, but formatting the heading differently, like Bold, or underlin...

check box #2
Is it possible to format a cell that if you click it a checkmark appears? If so, how? Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:A10")) Is Nothing Then With Target If .Value = "a" Then .Value = "" Else .Value = "a" .Font.Name = "Marlett" End If .Offset(0, 1).Select End With End If ws_exit: Applicatio...

Line-Column Chart
Hi All, Can anyone tell me where the Line-Column Chart is in Excel 2007, I can't find it anywhere. Thanks, kfh. Hi, There are no combination charts offered as default choices in xl2007. Instead you need to build them yourself, which is normally then better solution. Create a Line chart based on all the data series. Select the series that you want as Column and use the Change Chart Type button in the Design > Type group. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "k f h" <kfh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32...

How to set each gruop of columns into same color?
In my chart there is two data shown in the X-Axis--Date and Team. 2 teams per day. Total 4 teams rotating. How to set the same team's bar into same color? And just use 4 colors to represent 4 teams? Excel 2007 PivotTable, PivotChart Uniquely color each PivotItem of a PivotField. With macro. http://c0718892.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/03_07_10.xlsm Excel 2007 PDF preview http://www.mediafire.com/file/q1wzgwuzmyr/03_07_10.pdf ...