Combining two columns into one X-axis?

I have a sheet with three columns of numbers, I would like to plot:

A Date
B Time
C Measured responsetime

Example:
Apr-9-08        15:06   624.0
Apr-9-08        15:05   656.0
Apr-9-08        15:04   623.0
Apr-9-08        15:03   889.0
Apr-9-08        15:02   873.0
Apr-9-08        15:01   702.0
Apr-9-08        15:00   749.0

How do I specify a graph, that uses columns A and B "combined" for the
X-axis and column C for the Y-axis or values?

Perhaps just a pointer or hint towards the concept or function to be used -
then I can take it from there.

--
Steen Suder
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

If those are proper Excel dates and times, then use a helper column and add
them together, e.g. insert a new column C and in C1 put this formula:

=A1+B1

Format how you  would like it to be, then copy down.

Use the new column C as the source for your X-axis.

Hope this helps.

Pete

"Steen Suder" <sfs_news_spam@suder.dk> wrote in message
>I have a sheet with three columns of numbers, I would like to plot:
>
> A Date
> B Time
> C Measured responsetime
>
> Example:
> Apr-9-08        15:06   624.0
> Apr-9-08        15:05   656.0
> Apr-9-08        15:04   623.0
> Apr-9-08        15:03   889.0
> Apr-9-08        15:02   873.0
> Apr-9-08        15:01   702.0
> Apr-9-08        15:00   749.0
>

> How do I specify a graph, that uses columns A and B "combined" for the
> X-axis and column C for the Y-axis or values?
>
> Perhaps just a pointer or hint towards the concept or function to be
> used -
> then I can take it from there.
>

> --
> Steen Suder

0
pashurst (2576)

Mails Combined
HI, I mistakenly delete all mails from Inbox and then found them on the deleted Items and selected all and ask to move folders back to Inbox. the problem is all mails were combined into one email and moved back in to Inbox as a single email. How do i go back to the original version. How do i uncombined all the mails in to individual mails from the right recipient? Please help ASAP.. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com ...

SUMIF with two criteria??
I would like to sum values for all rows where the value in column B 'F' AND the value in column C = 'X' I don't seem able to use SUMIF whe I have 2 criteria that need to be met for summing as opposed to jus one. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Chas -- Potatosalad ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Potatosalad2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2083 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47921 Use the SUMPRODUCT function: =SUMPRODUCT(--(B1:B100="...

Finding the combination that appears more times
Hi everybody i have a list on excel 2007 that displays the purchase of items on columns A:E, each column showing one (1) item I want to find what combination of items appears more times, especifically, which combination of four (4) is the favorite mix eg: A B C D F A C D E F B C D E F B C D F Z in this example, the winner would be (B, C, D, E) as it appears 3 times the main problem is that I have over 1,000 rows and trying with =SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(A1:E1,$N$1:$R$1)) por each combination would take forever... is there a simpler, quicker ...

One use licence
I have purchased a one use student/teacher copy of Microsoft office 2007 from my colleges IT department. My laptop has recently developed a serious fault and will need to be replaced. I still have the disks and I was wondering, if i remove the program from my old laptop will i be able to install it on my new machine. If so what would I need to do? On 2/28/2010 8:05 AM, Mr Random101 wrote: > I have purchased a one use student/teacher copy of Microsoft office 2007 from > my colleges IT department. My laptop has recently developed a serious fault > and will need to be...

two fields automatically need to come up!
Access 2003 - After creating a table, I can type in the first field and if I have already used that student name, it automatically comes up and I can just press enter. I would like the second field to come up automatically as soon as the first field name is complete so I can press enter also - the first field is the student name and the second field is the student ID #. In other words, I would like the two fields to come up together automatically and I just have to press enter. How do I do this? Goldie What you are describing sounds suspiciously like what happens in Excel.. Access ...

Adding numbers in columns with letters
I need a little help. How do you add up the values of numbers in column which has letters next to the numbers. I have a column o numbers, but the letters "mb" are a space bar away from the numbers. Everytime I use the function to add the numbers I get a value of zero. Could anyone please help me out? Thanks in advance -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Assuming you mean the "numbers" all end with " mb", e.g. "123 mb", you can add a "Helper" column containing a formula like this: =--LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-3) Copy down as far as...

merge/combine workshhets
I need to merge about 75 worksheets into one spreadsheet on a regular basis - all have exactly the same format/layout etc back can vary in the number of rows Try this Jeff http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Jeff224" <Jeff224@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6790506-2888-4F4D-80EA-BB0D9F9B27A2@microsoft.com... >I need to merge about 75 worksheets into one spreadsheet on a regular basis - > all have exactly the same format/layout etc back can vary in the number of > rows Or http://www.rondebru...

One element correspond with two or more types?

Chart dependent on column
I need to make a series of charts that depend on a column in my datasheet. What I mean is this - I have data laid out per below, that is logged by operators throughout the day: Date Time Color Reading What I want to do is to display a separate line chart for each color. Each point is the date/time on the X axis and the Reading on the Y- axis. My difficulty is that different colors are mixed all together in the data, for example: Date Time Color Reading 6/21 11:00 Blue 5.2 6/21 11:05 Yellow 3.1 6/22 8:19 Green 6.8 6/22 9:...

Same account in two groups
I've got the same account in two different groups. I've moved all transactions to one account, but the Portfolio view still has a second account under another group with zero transactions. How do I get rid of the second view without deleting the whole account? GB In microsoft.public.money, Gabriel Behr wrote: >I've got the same account in two different groups. I've >moved all transactions to one account, but the Portfolio >view still has a second account under another group with >zero transactions. > >How do I get rid of the second view withou...

How to "move" a decimal for a column of values
I have a column of monetary values that was incorrectly formatted with an incorrect decimal. For example, a number is shown as 167200, but really should be 16.72. All numbers have the two unneeded trailing zeros. Is there an easy way to reformat the entire column to correct the decimal, rather than dividing each cell individually? Cindy Type 10000 in an unused cell. Copy it. Select your range and select Paste/Special/Divide. Andy. "Cindy B." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA98AE8A-9F6C-4ED3-8174-EEDAFD24FE49@microsoft.com... > I have a col...

Copy file from one directory to a new directory, using excel spreadsheet as reference for items to be copied
All- I have an excel spreadsheet containing 7509 rows (Products), and I have a directory containing 16,421 image files. The images are all named by the Product Number, which is also a row in my excel spreadsheet. I need to query the excel spreadsheet to get all the product numbers, then check my current directory for a <productNumber>.jpg file. If the file exists, I need to COPY it to a new directy. If it does not exist, I need to write the product number to a text file that I can go over after the fact to obtain the image for the products missing photos. On Dec 17, 9:49...

problem with Data|Text to Columns
I wrote a while back and was possibly not clear - I do a lot of data import and clean up - on this new computer, the subject topic, which I call data parsing, does not work correctly. I have to divide the columns with one extra space, which I never had to do before. I hate to think of uninstalling excel, but if that's what it takes . . . Any advice would be gratefully appreciated. Happy New Year -- Regards, P D Sterling New York, Texas & Texas, New York P D Sterling" <pdsterling@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23sslSLUTIHA.4656@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > call...

After two years using it... still cannot get used to it
Please allow users to bring the old menus back. The "genius" who spearheaded the change in the menus in Office 2007, i.e. the ribbon interface, should be fired. It is EXTREMELY frustrating having to go through all these clicks and visual menus to find simple options that were more intuitively placed in previous versions of Office. Do you think that younger people are unable to read so you have to put pictures for the newer generations? It is so frustrating that I have decided to leave this message, and let you know that as of today, after using Office for... how many ...

Combining 2 Excel (xls) files
I have 2 xls workbooks with different sheet names and both with different range names. I would like to combine them both into one workbook so that I don't have to re-create all of the range names. Is there a way to do that? -- LAF ------------------------------------------------------------------------ LAF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9656 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=346017 Hi LAF- Open both files (let's call them A & B, and assume A will be your "combined" file). Working i...

How do I change the scale of the catagory axis?
Therre is an option to change the value axis to logarithmic. How can the catagory axis be changed to logarithmic? Hi, You need to use the xy scatter chart if you want both axis to be log. Cheers Andy amcmaster wrote: > Therre is an option to change the value axis to logarithmic. How can the > catagory axis be changed to logarithmic? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

one local profile
Hi, I want to create only one local profile on a PC and and I want prevent the domain accounts to create a local profile when they will login on this PC. Is it a way to configure it? Thanks, Haydar "Haydar" <Haydar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A2AA41AC-5BF9-4A49-B660-CEC711D60A58@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I want to create only one local profile on a PC and and I want prevent the > domain accounts to create a local profile when they will login on this PC. > > Is it a way to configure it? > > Thanks, > ...

How do I unwrap text to columns?
I have a spreadsheet where the addresses have been saved as wrapped text in one column. I want to spilt the addresses into columns as Address1, Address2 etc but I can't enter the wrap character (which I think is ALT+ENTER) as a delimiter in the Text to Columns wizard. I have also tried search and replace but again Excel will not recognise ALT+ENTER as a delimiter Any ideas much appreciated! Thanks Re-format the column to eliminate the wrap.............then use Data > TextToColumns with Alt010 (from the keypad) as the delimiter Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "ChristineR&...

Combining Publications
Can I combine two different publications into one? Suzi wrote: > Can I combine two different publications into one? ========================================= Personally, I would simply open two instances of Publisher (one document in each) / tile the two screens...and copy/paste. Maybe the following link will be useful: Combining Publisher Documents http://tinyurl.com/2lpj5w -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl.com/aczzp Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that wo...

How to Combine Data in Different Columns
Hi Everyone I need help in this issue. I have tried many ways though some wer successful but they were not efficient. I have say 5 columns of data and the data could be on the same rows o all 5 columns or on different rows hence if I need to combine all th data of these 5 columns, I would have to sort or filter each of the manually and copy and paste to a different worksheet or column. This i very tedious and time consuming. I also tried to write a macro to loo for data in one column then put them into another column but i was no successful. However, experts like you guys shouldn't have ...

Can't divide the columns by twelve anymore

XML int column duplication & column alphabetizing
I have an XML file saved as a .xls file. It was dynamically created i VB.NET through a web app, pulling data from a SQL Server database (i that makes a difference). Here are my 2 problems: When I open the file in Excel 2002, it duplicates every column that ha only integers in it, adding a *#agg* to the duplicate column title. don't want the columns duplicated (obviously). The second issue is that it is alphebetizing my columns. I don't wan them alphebetized. I want them in the order in which they are listed. Here is my XML code. You could simply cut and paste this into a blan text ...

Install Office:mac 2004 Professional on two laptops?
I just purchased a new copy of Office mac 2004 Professional and wish to install it on both of my laptops. The larger laptop, a 17" Powerbook never leaves my home and serves as my desktop computer. The smaller Macbook always travels with me. Is this installation on both of my laptops permitted? Or will the second installation be denied at registration, or worse, sometime later when I am away from home and trying to use the second computer? I have been told by a friend that two installations are allowed if only one of them is a laptop. Tom Hello Tom, My end-user licence agreement says ...

combinations
I have a finite number of values that represent length (right now I have less than 20 values). Can Excel take these values and list all possible combinations of the values? Any pointers appreciated. Stephen R. Stephen, No. There are 2,432,902,008,176,640,000 possible ways to combine 20 different values. That is, unless you have another limitation, like only using 4 at a time.... HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Stephen R" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:u9ZiYhOeFHA.1456@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I have a finite number of values that represent length (right...

how to delete and insert in a two cells merge using Access 2003?
I want to merge a column of names to a column of 10 digit mobile numbers; but in doing so I need to delete "0" (the first digit) before adding "44" to the front ot the remaining 9. I know of the "=A1& " "&B1" formula, but it does not do the necessary deletion and insertion I need to do. Any help? Hi, Try this in cell C1 =A1&SUBSTITUTE(B1,0,99,1) -- Regards, Ashish Mathur Microsoft Excel MVP www.ashishmathur.com "Dubois2U" <Dubois2U@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F954F2E7-44DD-49F0...