Combining data from columns into one.

I would like to be able to combine the data from three different columns
into one column.  I don't want a sum of the numbers though.  Example:
in column A is the #123, column B is 456, column c is 789.  I would
like to add one column that combines these numbers into 123456789.  I
am not well versed in excel and would appreciate any advice and
suggestions.

---

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

pos

Assuming the 123,456,789 are in J4,K4,L4

=J4&K4&L4 will give you text 123456789

=(J4&K4&L4)*1  will give you the number 123456789

OR just enter the numbers =(123&456&789)*1

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 21:40:25 -0600, pos <<pos.10ez9b@excelforum-nospam.com>>
wrote:

>I would like to be able to combine the data from three different columns
>into one column.  I don't want a sum of the numbers though.  Example:
>in column A is the #123, column B is 456, column c is 789.  I would
>like to add one column that combines these numbers into 123456789.  I
>am not well versed in excel and would appreciate any advice and
>suggestions.
>

>---

Gord

How can I create a chart to compare multiple data series?
Using Excel, is there a way to merge multiple charts with different data series into one to demonstrate a direct comparison of the data series within one single chart. I've got 4 charts of the stacked column type. magnoliak77 Tufte calls them small multiples, Cleveland calls them trellis displays. I call them panel charts. Take a look at the examples on this page. http://processtrends.com/toc_panel_charts.htm Another option is to stick with your 4 charts, however, you can size and align them. Here's a link to a simple macro that sizes and aligns all charts on a single sheet....

Mails Combined
HI, I mistakenly delete all mails from Inbox and then found them on the deleted Items and selected all and ask to move folders back to Inbox. the problem is all mails were combined into one email and moved back in to Inbox as a single email. How do i go back to the original version. How do i uncombined all the mails in to individual mails from the right recipient? Please help ASAP.. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com ...

merge/combine workshhets
I need to merge about 75 worksheets into one spreadsheet on a regular basis - all have exactly the same format/layout etc back can vary in the number of rows Try this Jeff http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Jeff224" <Jeff224@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6790506-2888-4F4D-80EA-BB0D9F9B27A2@microsoft.com... >I need to merge about 75 worksheets into one spreadsheet on a regular basis - > all have exactly the same format/layout etc back can vary in the number of > rows Or http://www.rondebru...

numbers in data sheet of stacked bar chart
I'm trying to label segments in a stacked bar chart, example: 1-10, 11-20, etc. I'm not able to enter the number with the dash. In most cases it automatically changes to Jan-10. Any tips on how I can fix this? Thanks! Format the cell as text and see if that helps. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "Genevieve" <Genevieve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Documenting the backup of data
This may not be the place to ask however i am looking for resources on how i may document data I am backing up from an oracle database to MS Access. Basically I have my oracle database and i have an Acess database. I have to back up 3 tables from oracle into access. I have no idea how i would document this. I want to say Columns 1, column 2 from table A in oracle will be backed up to Column 1a and Column 1b in Access. Has anyone had similar exeperiences? Does anyone know of any resources on the net or example? ...

Cutting first 4 digits from a cell and pasting it into an adjacent column
Using 2007 on Vista I've got some data I want to import from excel into my crm software For type of business here in the UK we use 'SIC' codes However, the data I have purchased has the SIC code followed by it's description I want to seperate the first 4 digits which is for the SIC code and leave the description behind as per the following data 3320: Manufacture Of Instruments & Appliances For Measuring, Checking, Testing, Navigating & Other Which I want to seperate into SIC code 3320 SIC description Manufacture Of Instruments & Appliances For Measuring, Chec...

Data from one sheet to another sheets
Dear Sir, I have a ZoneWise Worksheet i;e nz01,nz02,nz03.wz01,wz02,wz03,sz01,sz02,sz03 and so on. Now i want to copy this data according to ZoneWise For example: nz01 in sheet1, nz02 in sheet2, wz01 in sheet 3 and so no Thanks In Advance Hardeep kanwar ...

Finding the combination that appears more times
Hi everybody i have a list on excel 2007 that displays the purchase of items on columns A:E, each column showing one (1) item I want to find what combination of items appears more times, especifically, which combination of four (4) is the favorite mix eg: A B C D F A C D E F B C D E F B C D F Z in this example, the winner would be (B, C, D, E) as it appears 3 times the main problem is that I have over 1,000 rows and trying with =SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(A1:E1,$N$1:$R$1)) por each combination would take forever... is there a simpler, quicker ...

One use licence
I have purchased a one use student/teacher copy of Microsoft office 2007 from my colleges IT department. My laptop has recently developed a serious fault and will need to be replaced. I still have the disks and I was wondering, if i remove the program from my old laptop will i be able to install it on my new machine. If so what would I need to do? On 2/28/2010 8:05 AM, Mr Random101 wrote: > I have purchased a one use student/teacher copy of Microsoft office 2007 from > my colleges IT department. My laptop has recently developed a serious fault > and will need to be...

How do I unwrap text to columns?
I have a spreadsheet where the addresses have been saved as wrapped text in one column. I want to spilt the addresses into columns as Address1, Address2 etc but I can't enter the wrap character (which I think is ALT+ENTER) as a delimiter in the Text to Columns wizard. I have also tried search and replace but again Excel will not recognise ALT+ENTER as a delimiter Any ideas much appreciated! Thanks Re-format the column to eliminate the wrap.............then use Data > TextToColumns with Alt010 (from the keypad) as the delimiter Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "ChristineR&...

transfer of data
Is there a way to transfer data that is in outlook to an exce spreadsheet. I have name, address, city, state, zip, all phone numbers that I woul like to send to certain cells in a spreadsheet. If this is possible, what code could I write help me do this? :confused: Thank You Michae -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi in Outlook you can save your data as *.csv file. Open this exported file in Excel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "daniels012 >" <<daniels012.1byt7v@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:daniels012.1byt7v@excel...

Combining Publications
Can I combine two different publications into one? Suzi wrote: > Can I combine two different publications into one? ========================================= Personally, I would simply open two instances of Publisher (one document in each) / tile the two screens...and copy/paste. Maybe the following link will be useful: Combining Publisher Documents http://tinyurl.com/2lpj5w -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl.com/aczzp Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that wo...

Combining 2 Excel (xls) files
I have 2 xls workbooks with different sheet names and both with different range names. I would like to combine them both into one workbook so that I don't have to re-create all of the range names. Is there a way to do that? -- LAF ------------------------------------------------------------------------ LAF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9656 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=346017 Hi LAF- Open both files (let's call them A & B, and assume A will be your "combined" file). Working i...

CDATA, XmlTextWriter, Read data
Hi All, I am using XmlTextWriter to write CDATA section using following code: XmlTextWriter xtw = new XmlTextWriter(Console.Out); xtw.WriteStartElement("data"); xtw.WriteCData("UNSAFE SCRIPT DATA CONTAINING & and < WHICH GETS CONVERTED TO &amp; and &lt;. SO HAVE TO USE WriteCData() METHOD HERE"); xtw.WriteEndElement(); xtw.Flush(); xtw.Close(); I suppose the data gets written to xtw instance. Now I want to retrieve the data back. How should I do that? Please let me know ASAP. Thanks, Gem Pramod wrote: > Hi All, > > I am using XmlTextWriter to ...

How to Combine Data in Different Columns
Hi Everyone I need help in this issue. I have tried many ways though some wer successful but they were not efficient. I have say 5 columns of data and the data could be on the same rows o all 5 columns or on different rows hence if I need to combine all th data of these 5 columns, I would have to sort or filter each of the manually and copy and paste to a different worksheet or column. This i very tedious and time consuming. I also tried to write a macro to loo for data in one column then put them into another column but i was no successful. However, experts like you guys shouldn't have ...

Can't divide the columns by twelve anymore

XML int column duplication & column alphabetizing
I have an XML file saved as a .xls file. It was dynamically created i VB.NET through a web app, pulling data from a SQL Server database (i that makes a difference). Here are my 2 problems: When I open the file in Excel 2002, it duplicates every column that ha only integers in it, adding a *#agg* to the duplicate column title. don't want the columns duplicated (obviously). The second issue is that it is alphebetizing my columns. I don't wan them alphebetized. I want them in the order in which they are listed. Here is my XML code. You could simply cut and paste this into a blan text ...

combinations
I have a finite number of values that represent length (right now I have less than 20 values). Can Excel take these values and list all possible combinations of the values? Any pointers appreciated. Stephen R. Stephen, No. There are 2,432,902,008,176,640,000 possible ways to combine 20 different values. That is, unless you have another limitation, like only using 4 at a time.... HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Stephen R" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:u9ZiYhOeFHA.1456@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I have a finite number of values that represent length (right...

Sorting rows of repetitive data
I have 12 months annual line item spend data and within that the same part number repeats several times. How do I produce a consolidated report with repetitive line items rolled up to one line item entry? So the total number of part number 1234 showing as one line item instead of six, the total of part number 5678 as a second line item, etc. I can create sub totals but I cannot find a way to consolidate to just one row for the total of each part number. Have you tried using pivot table? Sounds like a good fit. Check http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm for how to info....

How can i see a data change?
i need help with a problem i want to be able to see when values have been updated in a spreadsheet. My thoughts are pointing towards the font changing colour when a value has been increased and a seperate colour when the value has decreased. I am using Excel 2003 Thanks in advance Mickky --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =- On Apr 20, 4:11=A0am, "Mickky" <mbro...@ntlworld.com> wrote: > i need help with a problem > > i want to be abl...

Combine 2 Charts 2007 Excel
I have a line chart (looks like an S curve graph) with two rows of data below & this chart looks exactly like I want it to. Period % Complete Dec-04 7% Jan-05 9% Feb-05 10% Mar-05 12% Apr-05 14% May-05 19% Jun-05 22% Jul-05 23% Aug-05 24% Sep-05 26% Oct-05 28% Nov-05 32% Dec-05 36% Jan-06 40% Feb-06 45% Mar-06 50% Apr-06 55% May-06 59% Jun-06 63% Jul-06 66% Aug-06 71% Sep-06 75% Oct-06 78% Nov-06 81% Dec-06 85% Jan-07 87% Feb-07 89% Mar-07 91% Apr-07 93% May-07 94% Jun-07 94% Jul-07 95% Aug-07 95% Sep-07 95% Oct-07 95% Nov-07 95% Dec-07 95% Jan-08...

filtering data #2
I have a column with copied formular till row # 3,000. I've entered data into 10 rows. But, when I filter the data the next row for the data entries is 3,001. How could I make the next empty row (11) available for the data entries after applying filtering. Thanks I usually copy and paste my filtered data over to another worksheet for further processing......... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Alex" <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13D48C9E-FA34-48FB-A10C-386CC0E8DBE1@microsoft.com... > I have a column with copied formular till row # 3,000. I&#...

Removing Fixed Assets data from company
Hi there, Does anyone know what the best way is to remove all fixed assets data from a company? Thank you, Ian Tools >> Utilities >> Fixed Assets >> Clear Data. Make a backup before you do this. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Ian2009" wrote: > Hi there, > > Does anyone know what the best way is to remove all fixed assets data from a > company? > > Thank you, > Ian Thanks Charles for the help Ian "Charles Allen" wrote: > Tools >> Utilities >> Fixed Assets >> Clear Data. > > Make a backup before yo...

combining worksheets
I have a number of identically structured worksheets. I wish to treat them as alternative realities, assigning a probability of occurrence to each. I want to combine all this into a probabilistically "average" worksheet. Anybody have a good way to do this? Thanks mike Mike - You can set up one spreadsheet with the spreadsheets listed and the weighting you want to assign to each. Then set up another spreadsheet that will contain the results. Copy any header / row information from one of the spreadsheets, then for each cell you want 'averaged', enter a f...

Automatic number combination
I have Table 1 with Field IDTable1 [autonumber] [and other fields] and Table 2 with Field IDTable2 [autonumber] and Field GRV set to text [and other Fields] Is the following posibble: Can I automatically generate a number that can be used in GRV field of Table 2 consisting out of a combination of IDTable1 and IDTable2 written as IDTable1/IDTable2 in the GV field of Table 2 I want this GRV number as a unique number identifying Table 1 and Table 2 Thanks for the help You can, but shouldn't. All data in a table must identify the key. Foreign Keys, which are the keys f...