Colours changing in the fill palette and the spreadsheet?

Hi
I have a user with Office 2003, and her pc and build is standard as with her
colleagues.
In Excel the colours would change (cells filled) also if the user goes to
her pallette the colours have also changed.
Desktop and all other applications colour are fine.
The following resolutions have been tried - office detect and repair,
updates, asked the user to got to the tools options and reset the pallette
and this does not work.
She has to log off and back in again in order to set it back to the proper
colours.
Again this is only affecting Excel?
Any pointers?
I wish to thank you in advance for your assistance.
--
Phil Freeman
0

Is this only on one machine?  It may be the default workbook.  Check the
XLStart folder, if there is a workbook there delete it.

Color palettes belong to the spreadsheet, not Excel.  So you can open Tools,
Options, Color, and click Reset to return to the defaults for that workbook
but the default workbook may have a different pallette so everytime you start
a new workbook that is waht gets used.

Also check the file for a macro that may be setting the colors.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Philip" wrote:

> Hi
> I have a user with Office 2003, and her pc and build is standard as with her
> colleagues.
> In Excel the colours would change (cells filled) also if the user goes to
> her pallette the colours have also changed.
> Desktop and all other applications colour are fine.
> The following resolutions have been tried - office detect and repair,
> updates, asked the user to got to the tools options and reset the pallette
> and this does not work.
> She has to log off and back in again in order to set it back to the proper
> colours.
> Again this is only affecting Excel?
> Any pointers?
> I wish to thank you in advance for your assistance.
> --
> Phil Freeman
Hi Shane
Thank you for the response.
I have looked on the user's machine and the XLStart folder is empty also
none of the said spreadsheets have macros running.
Any further suggestions would be welcomed.
Regards
Phil Freeman

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

> Is this only on one machine?  It may be the default workbook.  Check the
> XLStart folder, if there is a workbook there delete it.
>
> Color palettes belong to the spreadsheet, not Excel.  So you can open Tools,
> Options, Color, and click Reset to return to the defaults for that workbook
> but the default workbook may have a different pallette so everytime you start
> a new workbook that is waht gets used.
>
> Also check the file for a macro that may be setting the colors.
> --
> If this helps, please click the Yes button
>
> Cheers,
> Shane Devenshire
>

> "Philip" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > I have a user with Office 2003, and her pc and build is standard as with her
> > colleagues.
> > In Excel the colours would change (cells filled) also if the user goes to
> > her pallette the colours have also changed.
> > Desktop and all other applications colour are fine.
> > The following resolutions have been tried - office detect and repair,
> > updates, asked the user to got to the tools options and reset the pallette
> > and this does not work.
> > She has to log off and back in again in order to set it back to the proper
> > colours.
> > Again this is only affecting Excel?
> > Any pointers?
> > I wish to thank you in advance for your assistance.
> > --
> > Phil Freeman
0
Philip (21)

Message colour ?
Hi All Someone recently sent me a email that shows up red in my message window ( I don't use the preview pane ). I don't have any message rules that would change the colour of that message or anything like that and the priority of the message is normal. Anybody have any ideas as to how this is done ? OL 2002. Cas It's done with the default automatic formatting rules -- View | Current View | Customize Current View | Automatic Formatting -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

Change table text column lookup list
I must add a column using vba and need to change the lookup list. Using: Set tdf = DB.TableDefs("TableName") Set fld = tdf.CreateField("FieldName", dbText, 50) tdf.Fields.Append fld tdf.Fields.Refresh The FieldName column need a lookup list whose Display Control is a combo box row source type is a value list row source consists of a list as in Item1;Item2;Itemn... Can this be done using VBA when the column is created. -- RobGMiller RobGMiller wrote: >I must add a column using vba and need to change the lookup list. > >Using: ...

Fixed Asset- change in cost basis
What is the process to increase or decrease the cost basis of a fixed asset? I have some that the cost basis need to increase & some that the value needs to decrease. Will the depreciation "catch up"? Merle: You change the cost basis in the Asset Book card. When you click Save to save the changes you will be warned that you have changed a depreciation sensitive field and asked if you want to continue. Say yes - you have 3 choices as to how you want depreciation recalculated - Reset Life Recalculates depreciation from the date it was placed in service to the date the as...

Need to change comission settings
I need to change the comission setting on all inventory items so comission will be based on the sales rep's comission schedule. Also, is there a way to make this the default setting? Hi Meralee....you'll need to run an update query so all items in your item list get flagged as "base commission on sales rep schedule".... backup your database first and if possible update after hours connect to your db with so administrator query - new type... update item set commissionmode =1 this will udpate all your items in your item list My store ops (v2) defaults to sales rep comm...

554 delivery error after changing DNS settings ?
Hi, I recently upgraded AD from 2000 to 2003 by prompting a member server and making it a DC and transfering all roles, catalog etc... (old DC not demoted yet but is switched off). This new DC also hosts DNS and WINS. Im running exchange 2003 on an additional 2000 member server in this domain. Im receiving emails ok (i.e smtp pushing email to me - not using connector) but when sending email i get the following return: 'scott_lotus@yahoo.com' on 13/09/2005 14:42 There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. ...

Colour changes
Greetings from Downunder One of my colleagues sent me this, something of a puzzle. She is using XP and Office 2003:- In My Documents I have a folder of PPTs of hymns and songs that we use in church. I file any new songs here making sure that they are a golden yellow text on a very dark blue background. This is the way it has been for about 4-5 years. This morning I went to use some of them in the presentation for this coming Sunday - and would you believe they are now ALL pale yellow on a black background. Every last one of them - and each song is is a separate PPT file. ...

Dates changing in MPP?
When I enter my receipts I obviously use the transaction date for the date of the sale. However, I just noticed that a lot of my dates have changed by a few days when I compared against the Visa statement. Is there an issue where MPP changes the date? Even downloaded transactions match against the transaction date before I accept them or I'll change it. Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Geekster wrote: >When I enter my receipts I obviously use the transaction date for the date >of the sale. However, I just noticed that a lot of my dates have changed by >a few days ...

GPO for change of "Show this address list first" ?
Hi, is there a way to change the setting in the Outlook address book over GPO ? thanks udo No. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Udo Lorenz" <Udo Lorenz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C68FFA2E-9C17-4035-AC99-CED6512D0538@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > is there a way to change the setting in the Outlook address book over GPO > ? > > thanks > > udo ...

changing bargraph colors
I have the following code section: void TestGraph::OnShow() { int a, b, c, d; in = fopen("teststring.dat", "rb"); fread(bars, 30, 1, in); fclose(in); CRect cr; CBrush blk(RGB(0,0,0)); GetDlgItem(IDC_PICU1)->GetClientRect(cr); CWnd* pWnd=GetDlgItem(IDC_PICU1); d = (cr.Width()/30); pControlDC=pWnd->GetDC(); pControlDC->SelectObject(blk); c=10; for (b=0; b<30; b++) { a = ((bars[b+0x30]*10)/14) + 1; pControlDC->Rectangle (c, cr.Height(), c+2, cr.Height()-a); c+=d; } } The file teststring.dat contains 30 bytes data in t...

changing the server response for SMTP
If I telnet into my server via port 25, the server responds with "220 server.mydomain.local Microsoft ESMTP Mail Service...." I want to correct this so it responds as my correct FQDN, which would be "server.mydomain.com" I swear I must have done this a dozen times in the past on other servers by checking the properties of the SMTP Virtual Server, Delivery, Advanced, and typing the correct name in the FQDN box. However, I've done that, stopped and restarted everything, rebooted the server, and it still shows as the ".local" name. Where else should I be...

Imported Form Changes
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0153_01CB03DC.5FB2C170 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Access 2007 sp2. I hope I explain this ok... Here goes. When I want to discard changes made to a form by importing a form form a = backup the imported form takes on all the characteristics of the form I want to = replace. As an example, lets say I remove a command button from Myform in my main = db. I then import Myform from a backup knowing that this form still has the command button...

can i match a colour to its wavelength in nm
I have no clue what nm means? http://www.nattyware.com/pixie.html -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "aquakem" <aquakem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5542A16-0420-47AC-A1F1-F7C4E6A11B80@microsoft.com... > Mary Sauer <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have no clue what nm means? Nanometres. > http://www.nattyware.com/pixie.html Won't do it. http://members.cox.net/astro7/color.html claims to have a FORTRAN program that will do it....

Colour Rows in Datasheet based on three criteria
I was wondering whether it would be possible to colour rows in a datasheet (or continuous form) based on 3 criteria. Scenario is I have a series of jobs that can be either unassigned, assigned and finally "assigned and completed". I would like all rows that are "unassigned" to be one colour; all assigned jobs to be another colour and the final section to be a further different colour. thanking you in anticipation PMK On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 09:05:01 -0800, PMK <PMK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I was wondering whether it would be possible to colour r...

changing a series 'value' label to 'none planned' ? #3
Thanks, that worked fine, now displays None Planned if the figure is 0. -- neowok ------------------------------------------------------------------------ neowok's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5940 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=274120 ...

Google Spreadsheet #2
It's maybe a competitor for ThinkFree Office's spreadsheet, but Excel is safe for now. No array formula support. Google Spreadsheet's (GS's) online function list shows MMULT, but there's no way to use it, and when it opens .xls files that do use it, it converts those cells to values WITHOUT any warning that it has done so. It also starts off with a capacious 20 columns by 100 rows. The number of columns can be expanded to 256, but it takes several Insert commands to do so. For that reason, I didn't bother checking how many rows it could hold. And commands/menus are al...

Why is colour printouts not same colour as in word?
When I print my logo from Word the colour is correct. When I copy it to Publisher and print it from there the colour comes out wrong. What could be the problem? Try importing the image rather than copy/paste. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "DvdM" <DvdM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E59B7744-C2FA-4A06-9778-96690CFFFE86@microsoft.com... > When I print my logo from Word the colour is correct. When I copy it to > Publisher and print it from there the colour comes out wrong. What co...

Change bkgnd colour for some words in CRichEditCtrl?
I'd like to be able to change the background colour for some of the text in a CRichEditCtrl. I'm comparing two files side-by-side in these controls and need to be able to highlight some text to illustrate the results. I could just change the text colour and make the font bold and/or larger, but highlighting similar to when text is selected would stand out better, especially if I could also change the text colour to suit. Is this possible? (I've seen it in some programs, but don't know if a CRichEditCtrl was used.) Any help appreciated, Steve C. ...

See last changes in sqlserver
This is probably a novice question but I cannot find it: Say you are debugging a program, you replay the error, and you want to see which database files are effected, how can you see that? Is there a way to get the latest changed date for a entity, is there a log file where you can see which statements where executed the last five minutes? For example my database exist out of customer, product, order, company files/entity I want something like file updated customer 17-05-2010 product 17-05-2010 order 05-05-2010 company 17-05-2010 And then conclude:...

Changing column views
When I go into view-> columns and change the columns that I want to see in my view, it only saves the changes for that session. IE when I go back into Mail later it has reset to the original columns! How do I keep the view changes that I want permanently?? "Vic33" <Vic33@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47019EF9-C74D-44A4-BE86-79283C4CEA5A@microsoft.com... > When I go into view-> columns and change the columns that I want to see in > my > view, it only saves the changes for that session. IE when I go back into > Mail later...

Change formulae easily?
I have to change a great amout of formulae from a simple =A3/A4 to either =ROUND(A3/A4,0) or =IF(A4=0,"",A3/A4) The cells are spread all over the sheet, sometimes in one row or line, sometimes grouped together or sometimes individually placed anywhere on the sheet. Is there an easy way to change these formulae faster then individually change each cell? Even changing each cell individually would be easier if there was a way to wrap the old formula between the necessary alteration. (PS: ASAP has a Macro that can alter the formula, but it can only add something at the end...

Change Range in macro
How can I change the range in the macro below for sending email to recpients, I want to change the range to sheet3 and email addresses that are input into A1:A10. Here's the code: Sub Mail_ActiveSheet() 'Working in 2000-2010 Dim FileExtStr As String Dim FileFormatNum As Long Dim Sourcewb As Workbook Dim Destwb As Workbook Dim TempFilePath As String Dim TempFileName As String Dim OutApp As Object Dim OutMail As Object With Application .ScreenUpdating = False .EnableEvents = False End With Set Sourcew...

colour recognition
hi guys, i may be chasing the impossible here, but here we go anyway. ive got cells in my spreadsheet formatted so that they change colour depending on what value is input. basically, i want to know if its possible for excel to recognise how many cells of a certain colour i have and then display the results numerically. is this possible? yet again, your really helping me out and it would be greatly appreciated. If you're using Format|conditional formatting to color those cells, then I think it would be easiest to just duplicate those rules in helper cells and then use those helper cel...

Message icons have changed in Taskbar
Before - Opened Outlook messages displayed an "Outlook" icon in the taskbar Now - Opened Outlook messages display as "Word" icons in the taskbar Problem - the user cant tell the difference between open Outlook messages and open Word documents, they open multiple of each and quickly become confused, very annoyinig (the problem AND the user!!) Any ideas what may have caused this and how to "unwind" ? Outlook2003 latest SP and fully patched Thanks Apparently some recent patch caused it - I don't know which one, only that several people have complain...

Removing Border lines and colour for All sheets
Hi Everyone, is it possible to write a macro to run every sheet and just remove border lines and colours for all cells in a sheet for every sheets in a workbook? I know macro is like this but can't really think how I can loop this. Can anyone help? Thanks alot Cells.Select Selection.Borders(xlDiagonalDown).LineStyle = xlNone Selection.Borders(xlDiagonalUp).LineStyle = xlNone Selection.Borders(xlEdgeLeft).LineStyle = xlNone Selection.Borders(xlEdgeTop).LineStyle = xlNone Selection.Borders(xlEdgeBottom).LineStyle = xlNone Selection.Borde...

Code to change label colour
I want a label control of a tickbox on a form to change colour if it is checked, assuming the checked value is YES. I've tried this code but it doesn't work Private Sub txtwithdrawn_AfterUpdate() If Me.txtwithdrawn Is Yes Then Me.txtwithdrawn_Label.ForeColor = 255 End If End Sub Can anyone help me here. Thanks Tony Sorry for posting too swiftly, realised that checked value should be = True and it worked. Thanks Tony "Tony Williams" <tw@invalid.com> wrote in message news:eKob1EoYIHA.220@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I want a label control of a tickbox on a form t...