Colouring excel sheet tabs

Just wondering if anyone knows of a way to colour the bottom tabs of an
excel worksheet.  Is there a macro i can use to colour them?
Again, any help much appreciated
regards
Neal

xxx5569 (26)
12/19/2003 8:34:22 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Neal

Only in XL2002 and 2003

Versions prior to these have no method(macro or otherwise) of colouring sheet
tabs.

In XL2002 right-click on tab and "Tab Colour"

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 20:34:22 -0000, "NealUK" <xxx@xxx.xx> wrote:

>Just wondering if anyone knows of a way to colour the bottom tabs of an
>excel worksheet.  Is there a macro i can use to colour them?
>Again, any help much appreciated
>regards
>Neal

0
Gord
12/19/2003 8:39:30 PM
if you are using excel 2002 or later right click on the tab to edit
color. I don't think it can be done on earlier versions.

---

JTD.ypf9m (1)

Message colour ?
Hi All Someone recently sent me a email that shows up red in my message window ( I don't use the preview pane ). I don't have any message rules that would change the colour of that message or anything like that and the priority of the message is normal. Anybody have any ideas as to how this is done ? OL 2002. Cas It's done with the default automatic formatting rules -- View | Current View | Customize Current View | Automatic Formatting -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

data validation not working on one sheet
Excel 2003 I have a series of cells using a Named Range for a data validation list. Until yesterday it worked fine. Now it doesn't work. The cell, list, range is all the same. I've done the Edit/Goto/Special/Data Validation/All and it highlights the right cells. I also tried to set up something very simpl: A1,2,3 have values aa,bb,cc. I then set up b2 for data validation, list, and drag the range over a1,2,3. Error alert is checked. Click on b2 and no drop down. You can key in anything you want. On all other worksheets data validation works just fine. Anybody have any...

Colour Rows in Datasheet based on three criteria
I was wondering whether it would be possible to colour rows in a datasheet (or continuous form) based on 3 criteria. Scenario is I have a series of jobs that can be either unassigned, assigned and finally "assigned and completed". I would like all rows that are "unassigned" to be one colour; all assigned jobs to be another colour and the final section to be a further different colour. thanking you in anticipation PMK On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 09:05:01 -0800, PMK <PMK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I was wondering whether it would be possible to colour r...

Excel inconsistency
After a bunch of fiddling, i got a macro to duplicate a chart below a single one on a worksheet. But there was a runtime error as noted near the end of the macro. So i did a lot of more fiddling and was able to get a number of copies, one after the other by calling them all "Chart 1". Nasty. Did other fiddling in attempts to change series ranges and title on the fly. Things got worse, so i tried to go back to the original macro as seen below. Even deleting the XLSTART folder and re-trying the macro did no good. **HELP** Sub Macro2() ' Macro2 Macro ' ...

Excel 97 Chart Sub-types are black and white (no color)
Some of the Chart sub-types are black and white. Two of the column sub-types are in color and the rest are black and white. User was upgraded from Windows NT 4.0 Workstation to Windows 2000 Pro. I can format the objects in the chart to give them color. Any body seen this before? ...

How do I open a File in Excel for the first time
I am a new User to Excel and I would like to know how to Open a file for the first time to start Excel Start Exel first Best from icion on Desktop or from the Program Menu (Start...) The from the menu File -> Open .. locate your file. If you want to start a new file, then use File-> New Steve On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 12:13:01 +0100, Lena <Lena@discussions.microsoft.c= om> = wrote: > I am a new User to Excel and I would like to know how to Open a file f= or = > the > first time to start Excel Lena, You may find this .pdf document helpful in these very early days: h...

formato rtf excel
como guardo un documento en excel con formato rtf? ...

Integration Manager Script Excel File
I'm currently working on a integration that process information into the General Ledger. However, I'm trying to point it to a file that the user selects at run time. Any idea on how to change the simple odbc file location for an excel file? You can change the path. That script is available in the script library that comes with Integration Manager. "dgindy" wrote: > I'm currently working on a integration that process information into > the General Ledger. However, I'm trying to point it to a file that > the user selects at run time. Any id...

how to save file with preview in excel
How do you save a file with preview in excel On the File menu, choose Properties, then the Summary tab. There, check the "Save preview picture" checkbox. "Rebee" <Rebee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:261A3C8B-D77D-4879-9FDE-6BE996033261@microsoft.com... > How do you save a file with preview in excel ...

can i match a colour to its wavelength in nm
I have no clue what nm means? http://www.nattyware.com/pixie.html -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "aquakem" <aquakem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5542A16-0420-47AC-A1F1-F7C4E6A11B80@microsoft.com... > Mary Sauer <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have no clue what nm means? Nanometres. > http://www.nattyware.com/pixie.html Won't do it. http://members.cox.net/astro7/color.html claims to have a FORTRAN program that will do it....

Excel
I recently upgraded from Windows 98 to Windows XP Home Edition. Ever since doing so, I cannot open an Excel file (Office 2000 Premium Edition) by simply clicking on the file's icon. When I do that, Excel opens, and I get an error message saying that it can't open the file (and then it gives the location). It also says Shellexec error: 2 I have tried re-installing Excel, but that has not worked. Any suggestions? Thank you Bob Try this: Tools > Options > General Ensure Ingnore Other Applications is unchecked. THANK YOU!! That solved the problem. It's especial...

How to transfer equations from Excel 1997 to Excel 2003
I have 1997 version and want to change all my spreadsheets, including equations I have created over to version 2003 is this possible? I f so how do I do it? Thank you so much for your immediate attention to this question You should be able to open your xl97 workbooks in xl2003 with no extra work at all. JP wrote: > > I have 1997 version and want to change all my spreadsheets, including > equations I have created over to version 2003 is this possible? I f so how do > I do it? > Thank you so much for your immediate attention to this question -- Dave Peterson Thank you so ...

Unable to open embedded word document from Excel
Hi, I have Excel 2003 (SP3) installed on my computer. In an Excel file, I inserted a word object (created from file, display as icon) and the insertion worked fine. When I try to open my word document from Excel, nothing happens. No error message and the file doesn't open. It is like if my file icon is simply a draw. When I open the same Excel file with another computer(Excel 2003), I can open my word embedded object easily. In fact, I can insert Excel or txt object in Word document without any problem but everything I insert in Excel doesn't work (word, txt, et...

Can't save Excel using Save button,
When I try to save an Excel spreadsheet, I get a message saying "GWXL97.xla could not be found. Check spelling of file name and verify that the file location is correct." I have never named any of files by that name and don't know what it refers to. I have to hit the "X" button on the upper right hand corner and wait for it to ask me if I want to save it, then go through the save process. This happens even if I try to save changes to an existing excel document This may help... xl: close button is dimmed after groupwise is installed http://support.microsoft.com...

How to add a description to an excel table
Hello, how can I add a decription to an excel table? I want to set a name and a description of a table content. So I know, what data is contained in a table. My workspace contains more than one table. bye Click on any cell in your table(s). Then Insert > Comment -- Gary''s Student "Przemyslaw" wrote: > Hello, > how can I add a decription to an excel table? > I want to set a name and a description of a table content. So I know, what > data is contained in a table. My workspace contains more than one table. > bye ...

"Excel needs to close"
Frequently, when turning my computer on, I will get the error message, "Microsoft Excel for Windows has encountered a problem and needs to close". It has not been left on nor was it used in the previous session of computer use. I am using XP Home. How can I fix it or should I even be concerned? Check to see what is starting up when you boot your computer up. See if anything is in teh startup folder, check using msconfig as well "Ed Mullikin" <edmull2@cox.net> wrote in message news:3om_h.111445$s8.90157@newsfe21.lga... > Frequently, when turning my comp...

Excel Database #2
I have been doing my invoices in Excel from Office 2000 and storing the relevent bits into a database created by the template wizard in the Data drop-down. Now I have office XP on my new machine but this option does not appear in Excel, How can i create an invoice template that stores to a database now? ...

MS Excel help needed for newbie
Hi group. I'm by no means a programmer. I'm trying to knock together a (what should be) simple spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel for a calculation I have to do on a regular basis. I'm hoping that some kind people within this group will be able to help me with some formulas and questions. If anyone is able to help me could you please contact me at fflatthefatcat@hotmail.co.uk TIA Dean. On Oct 5, 7:57=A0am, Dean Brown <bramfiel...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Hi group. > > I'm by no means a programmer. I'm trying to knock together a (what > should be) simple ...

Access2007 Export to excel
Hi there I need to export a report in 2007 to excel the icon is grayed out and do not want to export in 2003 I could do this any one with a solution Thks Hennie You are correct: Access 2007 has lost the ability to export a report to Excel. You can still export the query that your report is based on, if that's any use. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Hennie & Ina Coertzen" <hmcsystems@lantic.net> wrote in message news:52...

conditional formatting in Excel 2007
I have a large spreadsheet, with the active data area being cells a4:x8659. In the A column, I have a formula that evaluates to 1 or 0, depending on whether the room number in column E has changed from the previous row. What I *want* to have happen is this: 1) If the value of the cell in the A column for a particular row is 1, set the color of the cells in that particular row to color #1 (in this case, a nice pastel yellow); 2) If the value of the cell in the A column for a particular row is 0, set the color of the cells in that particular row to white. Have tried to follow the instruc...

Colour changes
Greetings from Downunder One of my colleagues sent me this, something of a puzzle. She is using XP and Office 2003:- In My Documents I have a folder of PPTs of hymns and songs that we use in church. I file any new songs here making sure that they are a golden yellow text on a very dark blue background. This is the way it has been for about 4-5 years. This morning I went to use some of them in the presentation for this coming Sunday - and would you believe they are now ALL pale yellow on a black background. Every last one of them - and each song is is a separate PPT file. ...

Why is colour printouts not same colour as in word?
When I print my logo from Word the colour is correct. When I copy it to Publisher and print it from there the colour comes out wrong. What could be the problem? Try importing the image rather than copy/paste. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "DvdM" <DvdM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E59B7744-C2FA-4A06-9778-96690CFFFE86@microsoft.com... > When I print my logo from Word the colour is correct. When I copy it to > Publisher and print it from there the colour comes out wrong. What co...

excel: How can I color code rows based on a value in a cell?
Jexample: If the value in cell J2=P, then shade the entire row in yellow. 1. Select row 2. 2. Go to Format > Conditional Formatting. Select "Formula Is" 3. Insert: =$J$2="P" 4. Click the "Format" button and format as desired. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Jexample: If the value in cell J2=P, then shade the entire row in yellow. >. > Parker Select the entire row to color. Doesn't have to be row 2. Format>Conditional Formatting>Formula is: =$J2="P" Pick a color from from the Format button. Note the ...

Model Analyzer for Excel
Today, Monday, March 10 ONLY, the free program on Giveaway of the Day is "Model Analyzer for Excel" described as follows: Build, analyze and manage multiple scenarios to any model quickly, easily and without having to make changes in the logic of your models. Perform a sensitivity analysis and determine the impact of variables using Tornado Graphics, Spider Graphics and Sensitivity Tables. Perform a goal seek analysis or instantly determine equilibrium points for several periods and/or scenarios. The web site is http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/ I have used this site without pr...

A bug in excel
Hi, I found a bug in excel 2000. I tried to replace all ? with 0 in a column. It replaced all the cells to be 0, even the cells with other values that were not ?. Chris ? is a wild card. It's used to represent any character. Try replacing ~? with 0. The tilde says to treat the question mark as a question mark. (Same kind of thing with asterisk (*).) yma wrote: > > Hi, > > I found a bug in excel 2000. I tried to replace all ? with 0 in a column. > It replaced all the cells to be 0, even the cells with other values that > were not ?. > > Chris -- Da...