colour formatting

hi all..

Has anyone any idea how to chnge the colour of the text in say a1, a2, a3
simply from the results of what word is placed in cell a4

TIA

0
colsey (2)
1/6/2004 5:55:22 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Use the Format-->Conditional formatting command.

1. Select cells A1:A3
2. Click Format-->Conditional formatting
3. Change the first dropdown (on the left) to "Formula Is"
4. Enter the following formula in the textbox to the right of "Formula Is":

    =$A$4="Hello"

    Where:
        $A$4 = the cell you're testing
        "Hello" = the word/phrase that will make the font color change. Make
sure you place the phrase in quotes.

5. Click the Format button and on the Font Tab change the font color as
desired
6. Click OK twice

--
_______________________
Robert Rosenberg
"Colsey" <colsey@GET.LOST.blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> hi all..
>
> Has anyone any idea how to chnge the colour of the text in say a1, a2, a3
> simply from the results of what word is placed in cell a4
>
> TIA

Thanks for that - thats done just the job :)

"Robert Rosenberg" <service@r-cor.com> wrote in message
> Use the Format-->Conditional formatting command.
>
> 1. Select cells A1:A3
> 2. Click Format-->Conditional formatting
> 3. Change the first dropdown (on the left) to "Formula Is"
> 4. Enter the following formula in the textbox to the right of "Formula
Is":

>     =$A$4="Hello"
>
>     Where:
>         $A$4 = the cell you're testing
>         "Hello" = the word/phrase that will make the font color change.
Make
> sure you place the phrase in quotes.
>
> 5. Click the Format button and on the Font Tab change the font color as
> desired
> 6. Click OK twice
>
> --
> _______________________
> Robert Rosenberg
> R-COR Consulting Services
> Microsoft MVP - Excel
> "Colsey" <colsey@GET.LOST.blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> > hi all..
> >
> > Has anyone any idea how to chnge the colour of the text in say a1, a2,
a3
> > simply from the results of what word is placed in cell a4
> >
> > TIA

0
colsey (2)

"Too Many Different Cell Formats" #2
Can anyone tell me what this means and how I can fix whatever is causin it? I'm simply trying to change some cells from no decimals t having decimals. I did test other worksheets in the same workboo and I get the same message there, too. This workbook I'm working i has probably 20 different worksheets . . . some are graphs, some ar copies of work in other folders. Thanks in advance for any help ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com XL: Error ...

Message colour ?
Hi All Someone recently sent me a email that shows up red in my message window ( I don't use the preview pane ). I don't have any message rules that would change the colour of that message or anything like that and the priority of the message is normal. Anybody have any ideas as to how this is done ? OL 2002. Cas It's done with the default automatic formatting rules -- View | Current View | Customize Current View | Automatic Formatting -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

Data Form and Time Format
I have formatted times in a spreadsheet with [hh]:mm:ss in order to add past 24 hours. What I would like to know is how come when I open a Data Form through a macro, the information is still shown in with AM or PM or with a date at the beginning if the total is greater than 24 hours. Is there a way for me to format this with code. My macro to open the data form is simple.... Worksheets("Stats").ShowDataForm Thank you, Jeremy ...

Cell Not Formatting correctly.
Okay, here is my issue. I formatted a column for phone number - the only way the phone number will show formatted is if I double click in the cell or if I click on the cell and press F2. What's going on? I tried to Edit|Clear|Formats but that didn't work either. Any suggestions? The list I need to format is over a few thousand rows. Thanks for the help! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I know what you mean.......some cells seem to get &...

Colour Rows in Datasheet based on three criteria
I was wondering whether it would be possible to colour rows in a datasheet (or continuous form) based on 3 criteria. Scenario is I have a series of jobs that can be either unassigned, assigned and finally "assigned and completed". I would like all rows that are "unassigned" to be one colour; all assigned jobs to be another colour and the final section to be a further different colour. thanking you in anticipation PMK On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 09:05:01 -0800, PMK <PMK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I was wondering whether it would be possible to colour r...

conditional formatting in Excel 2007
I have a large spreadsheet, with the active data area being cells a4:x8659. In the A column, I have a formula that evaluates to 1 or 0, depending on whether the room number in column E has changed from the previous row. What I *want* to have happen is this: 1) If the value of the cell in the A column for a particular row is 1, set the color of the cells in that particular row to color #1 (in this case, a nice pastel yellow); 2) If the value of the cell in the A column for a particular row is 0, set the color of the cells in that particular row to white. Have tried to follow the instruc...

Colour changes
Greetings from Downunder One of my colleagues sent me this, something of a puzzle. She is using XP and Office 2003:- In My Documents I have a folder of PPTs of hymns and songs that we use in church. I file any new songs here making sure that they are a golden yellow text on a very dark blue background. This is the way it has been for about 4-5 years. This morning I went to use some of them in the presentation for this coming Sunday - and would you believe they are now ALL pale yellow on a black background. Every last one of them - and each song is is a separate PPT file. ...

can i match a colour to its wavelength in nm
I have no clue what nm means? http://www.nattyware.com/pixie.html -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "aquakem" <aquakem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5542A16-0420-47AC-A1F1-F7C4E6A11B80@microsoft.com... > Mary Sauer <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have no clue what nm means? Nanometres. > http://www.nattyware.com/pixie.html Won't do it. http://members.cox.net/astro7/color.html claims to have a FORTRAN program that will do it....

Why is colour printouts not same colour as in word?
When I print my logo from Word the colour is correct. When I copy it to Publisher and print it from there the colour comes out wrong. What could be the problem? Try importing the image rather than copy/paste. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "DvdM" <DvdM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E59B7744-C2FA-4A06-9778-96690CFFFE86@microsoft.com... > When I print my logo from Word the colour is correct. When I copy it to > Publisher and print it from there the colour comes out wrong. What co...

Cell format problem #3
We import results into Excel 2003 from third party software. One column is populated with identifiers such as 3B2, 3C2, 3E4 etc. Any identifiers that have an "E" in them convert to Scientific Notation (3.00E +04) inappropriately. I click on the column and format the number type for the column to be "General", which then converts the Scientific Notation to a number (e.g. 30000). We correct the number to 3E4 but it then reverts back to Scientific Notation. When we check the format of the cell it has switched from General back to Scientific. How can we avoid this ...

CSV Import File format
Hi Can someone give me comma, tab seperated file format that MSCRM imports to Contacts, Accounts and Leads . Thanks in advance Hi Can you not just create one in Excel (using the save as type option)?? Its what i did, but you may only be able to import Leads and Contacts Ben Can you please create one for leads and contacts and mail to me and( remove underscores for my correct mail id). I need just column headers to do comparision. laks_shmi_@e_grabber.c_om "bsmallwo@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi > > Can you not just create one in Excel (using the save as type option)??...

custom format!
using custom format how can i format the number 12345678.91 as 1,23,45,678.91? i think it would be a simplest one! -via135 -- via135 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ via135's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26725 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=498408 From a Google search here is a reply by David Richie to the same question in January 2005 If you have Excel 2002 or later look up bhattext in help. Otherwise the following format might help you [>=10000000]##\,##\,...

email formatting
How do i set up my .bmp or .jpeg logo picture to automatically load up when i click new message at the top just like I was able to in outlook express with the create new stationery wizard. I was able to set the indent and place the picure logo right at the top of the message. Outlook is using Word to create the message. Do I create a Word document first? ...

format for weight
In Excel 2007 is it possible to format cells for weight, such as stones & lbs? e.g. 14 lbs = 1 stone You could use custom format # ??/14 The you would type, for example 12 2/14 for 12 stone 2 lbs best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "exntluser" <exntluser@ntl.gone> wrote in message news:I6Hen.19914$DL1.12220@newsfe25.ams2... > In Excel 2007 is it possible to format cells for weight, such as stones & > lbs? > e.g. 14 lbs = 1 stone > "Bernard Liengme" <bliengme@TRUENORTH....

Font & Format Issue
Hi, what I am looking for is when I recieve e-mail, I would like to be able to read it in the font of my choosing (my default font) but I end up getting different fonts and also when I print them out they are not what I have set up as my default. Did i miss a step? ...

upload bank transactions coda format
I am searching how to upload my bank transactions (Belgium). We get a file from our bank in coda format. Anyone who can tip me? PVBE, We have add on to the Bank Reconciliation Module. it is an electronic reconcile module. We support BAI code format files and other txt files. If you are interested you can email me gbuenafe@gpcsystems.com and we'll see if we could create a new import functionality for the CODA format. Gerald "pvbe" wrote: > I am searching how to upload my bank transactions (Belgium). We get a file > from our bank in coda format. > Anyone who can...

conditional formatting help please 07-19-07
Hello, I am having trouble using the conditional formatting. I want the background of the "End Date" to turn red when the "Start Date" is entered and then for the red background to go away after an "End Date" is entered. I used the expression ("Start Time" Is Not Null) and that made my background red but I can't seem to figure out how to get the red background go away. I tried a couple of diffrent expression like setting another condition ("End Time" Is Not Null) but it didn't work. Can some please help me find the right express...

Change bkgnd colour for some words in CRichEditCtrl?
I'd like to be able to change the background colour for some of the text in a CRichEditCtrl. I'm comparing two files side-by-side in these controls and need to be able to highlight some text to illustrate the results. I could just change the text colour and make the font bold and/or larger, but highlighting similar to when text is selected would stand out better, especially if I could also change the text colour to suit. Is this possible? (I've seen it in some programs, but don't know if a CRichEditCtrl was used.) Any help appreciated, Steve C. ...

Removing Border lines and colour for All sheets
Hi Everyone, is it possible to write a macro to run every sheet and just remove border lines and colours for all cells in a sheet for every sheets in a workbook? I know macro is like this but can't really think how I can loop this. Can anyone help? Thanks alot Cells.Select Selection.Borders(xlDiagonalDown).LineStyle = xlNone Selection.Borders(xlDiagonalUp).LineStyle = xlNone Selection.Borders(xlEdgeLeft).LineStyle = xlNone Selection.Borders(xlEdgeTop).LineStyle = xlNone Selection.Borders(xlEdgeBottom).LineStyle = xlNone Selection.Borde...

chart formatted data point
I have formatted an individual data point however when I sort my data the formatting stays in the same place. I need to be able to link the formatting to a particaulr X axis reference - such as in benchmarking where the data may change month on month but we are only interested in our practice. Hi, Have a look at this conditional chart technique, which uses additional series to hi-lite individual points in a series, http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/PointAtPoints.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Pippa M" <Pippa M@discussions...

colour recognition
hi guys, i may be chasing the impossible here, but here we go anyway. ive got cells in my spreadsheet formatted so that they change colour depending on what value is input. basically, i want to know if its possible for excel to recognise how many cells of a certain colour i have and then display the results numerically. is this possible? yet again, your really helping me out and it would be greatly appreciated. If you're using Format|conditional formatting to color those cells, then I think it would be easiest to just duplicate those rules in helper cells and then use those helper cel...

Problem with Outlook hyperlinks (html format
I have to following problem - I know this has been done to death recently, but none of the solutions seemed to work for me. The links appear as normal in Outlook 2000 - for instance I keep a check on jobs, and get regular emails from job agencies. From one agency, the link is words, such as below. These are in blue, underlined as usual for hyperlinks, and when I have my mouse over them, the URL address (the mycareer one below) appears in the status bar - as below the job description here, but clicking does nothing - no browser opens or anything, and right clicking just opens the "C...

conditional formatting criteria
I desire color a cell if in a range exit 0 value. My cells are in C23:C120 and the 0 value are in AF23:AY120 so C23 color for ex red if in AF23:AY23 exit one or more cells with value 0 C24 color red if in AF24:AY24 exit one or more cells with value 0 .... C120color red if in AF120:AY120 exit one or more cells with value 0 Is it possible ? or better C23 color for ex red if in AF23:AY23 exit one or 2 cells with value 0 C24 color for ex yellow if in AF24:AY24 exit more than 2 cells with value 0 .... thanks Marco, Select C23. Format - Conditional Format. Change "Cell value is" t...

day:hour:minute:second format
I want to put data in a day: hour: minute: second format and be able to multiply it by a number. I’m doing this in order to create a calculator that will allow me to see if the memory with a standard memory card last 5 day 1 hour and 51 minutes how long will it last if the memory is increased by 4 Custom format: d:hh:mm:ss This assumes that you are correctly inputting the values in. Remember that days are stored as integers, and time is stores as a decimal. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "Seth J" wr...

Number Range Format Type
I want to have a format for my cells that basically means "the data in this cell specifies a range of integers". For example, it might say 1-4, or 2-7, etc. Or it might just say 1 which is the same as 1-1 (low val is 1 and high val is 1). Is there a way I can have a format code for this and use a custom format? Later on in the worksheet, I want to be able to extract the min and max values of this range from the cells. The application of this is that a certain column is going to be used for holding ranges of numbers. Then at the very bottom I want to add up the ranges to produce...