color formatting of partial text of a cell in excel in bulk

i want to make a cell with multicolor text.........   how to do it in
bulk(e.g as we do it in replace all)
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

If the text displayed in the cell is the result of a formula in that cell,
you cannot have more than one color. If your data is a pure text entry, you
can have multi-colored text, but you will need to use a macro to do more
than one cell at a time. If your cell entries are second condition (pure
text), then give us more information about what you want to do.

Rick

"chetan" <nishuu.chetan@gmail.com> wrote in message
>i want to make a cell with multicolor text.........   how to do it in
> bulk(e.g as we do it in replace all)

On Jun 9, 2:38=A0pm, "Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)"
<rick.newsNO.S...@NO.SPAMverizon.net> wrote:
> If the text displayed in the cell is the result of a formula in that cell,=

> you cannot have more than one color. If your data is a pure text entry, yo=
> can have multi-colored text, but you will need to use a macro to do more
> than one cell at a time. If your cell entries are second condition (pure
> text), then give us more information about what you want to do.
>
> Rick
>
> "chetan" <nishuu.che...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >i want to make a cell with multicolor text......... =A0 how to do it in
> > bulk(e.g as we do it in replace all)- Hide quoted text -

ya it is pure text............  in the sense that there are some
numbers other than characters.....  but not a formula...........
those  can be considered as text...........
 could you please help me out.......  i have no idea about programming
macros in VB...  i just know how to record it
> > >i want to make a cell with multicolor text......... how to do it in
> > > bulk(e.g as we do it in replace all)- Hide quoted text -
> >
> > If the text displayed in the cell is the result of a formula in that
> > cell,
> > you cannot have more than one color. If your data is a pure text
> > entry, you can have multi-colored text, but you will need to use a
> > macro to do more than one cell at a time. If your cell entries are
> > second condition (pure text), then give us more information about
> > what you want to do.
>
> ya it is pure text............  in the sense that there are some
> numbers other than characters.....  but not a formula...........
> those  can be considered as text...........
> could you please help me out.......  i have no idea about
> programming macros in VB...  i just know how to record it

Okay, the next thing you need to tell us is what part of the text you want
to color... The text at a certain offset? Certain specific words? Certain
types of words (your numbers perhaps)? In other words, we need to know the
rule you have that will make one part of the text get colored differently
than the rest. There is no way we can give you working code if we don't know
what to color and what to leave uncolored.

Rick

paste sheet name in a cell
Hi How can I paste the name of "Sheet2" in a cell in "Sheet1" so that the cell displays as text - "Sheet2" and in case I change the name of "Sheet2" to "Sheet2A" the text displayed in that cell also changes to "Sheet2A" Thanks Sanjay Jain www.minisoftindia.com Try this one put this formula in sheet2 A1 =3DMID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,255) In sheet 1 put A1 =3DSheet2!A1 On Sep 12, 1:21=A0am, Support - Assetage <minisoftin...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi > > How ...

CDialog background color
Hello, How can change the background colour of a dialog programmatically? Best regards >How can change the background colour of a dialog programmatically? Handle the WM_CTLCOLORDLG message (OnCtlColor CTLCOLOR_DLG in MFC) and return a brush of the colour you want. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq Thanks but it didn't work! here is the code that I wrote: HBRUSH CDialogAppCon::OnCtlColor(CDC* pDC, CWnd* pWnd, UINT nCtlColor) { HBRUSH hbr = CDialog::OnCtlColor(pDC, pWnd, nCtlColor); // TODO: Change any attributes of the DC here // TODO: Return a different b...

how can I remove the fix funtion from my excel 2000??
Anyone that could help me out I'd appreciatte. I have the fix function on my excel and every number i type nmhy it automaticaly appears as nm.hy. It is driving me crazy! thanks a lot P Tools>Options>Edit. Uncheck "Fixed Decimal Places" Gord Dibben Excel MVP - XL97 SR2 & XL2002 On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 09:27:58 -0700, "paul" <paulny89@yahoo.com> wrote: >Anyone that could help me out I'd appreciatte. >I have the fix function on my excel and every number i >type nmhy it automaticaly appears as nm.hy. >It is driving me crazy! > >th...

Color
Hi, I'm a new programmer with C++ We are using VC++6 I'd like to know if it's possible to give a backgroung color to a label (static text) from my code. I want to change the background color of a lable (static text) depending on what the user choose from a combo box color Thanks I think you can subclass your "static class" window and write your own WM_ERASEBKGND message handler.... Something like this: ------%<-----------%<--------------- class CMyStaticText: public CStatic { public: afx_msg BOOL OnEraseBkgnd(CDC *); DECLARE_MESSAGE_MAP() } BEGIN_MES...

How do I get gif files to animate in Excel?
I downloaded a ClipArt .gif file, [insert][picture][from file]. It shows the picture but it does not animate. Please help! Thanks Check out: http://www.xcelfiles.com/AnimatedGif.html HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I downloaded a ClipArt .gif file, [insert][picture][from file]. It shows the >picture but it does not animate. > >Please help! > >Thanks >. > ...

How do I get a sum of every seventh cell in a column?
Hello I am trying to find out how to get a sum of cells with a specific fixed interval between them This will sum every seventh value in column A =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW(A1:A100),7)=1),A1:A100) best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Jubilado" <Jubilado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44571D0E-0C6F-47BD-97D4-0C98EA596E6A@microsoft.com... > Hello I am trying to find out how to get a sum of cells with a specific > fixed > interval between them What is the range of cells you want to sum? A...

How do I stop Word putting text at bottom of page onto next page?
Word pushes some text at the bottom of the page onto the next page, thereby creating a gap at the bottom of the page. How do I get Word to stop doing this? The following settings may be relevant in such a case: "Keep with next," "Keep lines together," and "Widow/orphan control" (all found in the Paragraph dialog box). Note, however, that the best way to deal with this depends on what kind of a document you are creating. Is it a numbered outline of heading styles? A document with footnotes in it? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP &quo...

Change cell color after processes
In this program which works until I added the .cells color - basically I want to color the cell if it existed and was moved or a different color if the file was not found. I keep getting a type mismatch. The code is below. 'Primary program ' Sub RunThroughList() Dim I As Long Dim Destination As String Dim Lastrow As Long Lastrow = Worksheets(1).Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row For I = 1 To Lastrow MoveFiles Range("A" & I).Value, "P:\Web_ICC\Archive_Test\", I Cells("A", I).Interior.ColorIndex = 6 Next End Sub 'Sub routin...

Rotating Text In A Text Box ? How Please (beginner)
Hello: A bit new at this. Have a chart with some text inside of a "Text Box". Exactly how do I go about rotating the text 90 degrees ? I can select the box OK, but the rotation functions on the drawing bar on the bottom of the screen seem greyed out ? Thanks, Bob On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 08:38:28 -0500, Robert11 <rgsxrose@comcast.net> wrote= : > Have a chart with some text inside of a "Text Box". > > Exactly how do I go about rotating the text 90 degrees ? > > I can select the box OK, but the rotation functions on the drawing bar= on > the bottom &...

Continuing the cell references in formulas
How du you make excel continue the cell references (the way I want) i formulas when copying? I have the formula =HVIS(ANTAL.BLANKE(B4:C4)<KOLONNER(B4:C4);"x";"") and when I copy this cell the references change to (c4:d4) instead o (d4:e4). I'm sure there is a simple way of going around this ... : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Kreller, > =HVIS(ANTAL.BLANKE(B4:C4)<KOLONNER(B4:C4);"x";"") > > and when I copy this cell the references change to (c4:d4) instead of > (d4:e4). I'm sure there is a simple way...

Color Scheme Disapeared?
Several lines were shaded the standard beige that appears on the color scheme chart when the color chart icon is pressed in Excel 2000. To my surprise ... and for no known reason... all lines shaded with that color changed to a cruddy gray. When I looked at the chart again, where the beige had been is now that crummy gray... as it appears in several other boxes of that chart now. When I place my cursor over those boxes of gray, I get a text reading of "Color Scheme" rather than the name of the color the cursor is on. What the heck happened and how do I get that beige back? Never ...

Help formatting text color based on formula
I have searched the forum and find some things that help but not quite enough. I have a table of numbers. In fact there are 300 rows of 5 colums of numbers. What I would like to do is to change the color of the number if it matches one of 5 other numbers. Example Reference #s 2 6 23 43 48 01 02 09 08 14 06 14 23 43 44 03 11 23 24 52 etc etc etc etc The example list is already populated. When the reference numbers are entered I want any number in the example list that matches any number in the reference list to change to a specified color. Any way to...

Excel Newbie-Simple Question Regarding Numbers Formats
Trying to enter positive numbers (no decimal places) into cells that start with the number zero.No luck. Tried "Help"...couldn't figure it out (after 30 minutes). Can somebody walk me through it? I'm using Excel 2000. TIA! The only way I know a number starting with zero (0) can be entered in cell without losing the 0 is to put an apostrophe before entering th number, e.g. '012345 and this will register in the cell as 012345. But then, technically this is not in a number format. This will be a text. BTW, how can a number starting with 0 not have a decimal place i...

Change border color of active cell??
How can i change the border color of the active cell in Ecell 2004 for MAC?? thanks ...

Writing text to a CMDIFrameWnd
Hi All I'm trying to display some information about my main window in the control bar, specifically the magnification and the x & y coordinates of the mouse. After some work I got the Combo Box that displays the magnification working but I'm stumped on the coordinates. First thing is the VC++ class wizard doesn't seem to generate a DoDataExchange function for CMDIFrameWnds so I had to write it myself, but once I did, the ComboBox was happy. I've defined the mouse coordinates as static text, IDC_XVAL and ICD_YVAL, in the Dialog bar, though they don't show up as the ...

re: Changing subject/conversation text color <20061123223842noreply@takethisout.registrme.sent.com>
Never mind. I changed it with "Other Settings, Shade Group Headings". Couldn't change the color, but the color is now black on gray (my system setting) and is a lot better. EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com ...

Importing data from Outlook into Excel
Hello What I would like to do is import the First Name, Last Name and "Alias" from every email in my Outlook Inbox into an Excel Spreadsheet containing 3 distinct dolumns for the data. We are using Outlook 2003 and Excel 2003, and our organisation uses MS Exchange Servers. If it helps to provide some context, the reason I need to do this is that I am managing a mailbox for an internal journal we produce. Readers wanting to subscribe are asked to send an email to the mailbox and up until now I have been manually going in and looking at their Outlook Properties an...

color in checkbox?
Any way you can have a checkbox turn a color (fill in black or whatever color) when you click on it instead of a checkmark? -- Thanks, Sharon SHARON wrote: > Any way you can have a checkbox turn a color (fill in black or > whatever color) when you click on it instead of a checkmark? Not with a genuine form-field checkbox (although with an exit macro you could change the checkbox's font color, that's not "instead of a checkmark"). Using the technique at http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Add_Toggle_Objects.htm, though, you can make the "checkbox" b...

Field list does not appear in pivot table. How do I fix? Excel 07
I use pivot tables extensively. This week the field list stopped appearing & I can't get it fixed. Anyone know how to fix this? I'm assuming I've changed a setting somewhere that caused this. Have you tried:- PivotTable Tools / Options / Show/Hide group / Field List? "kg1816" wrote: > I use pivot tables extensively. This week the field list stopped appearing & > I can't get it fixed. Anyone know how to fix this? I'm assuming I've changed > a setting somewhere that caused this. ...

filtering a tabular form according to calculated text box
There is a calculated text box on a tabular form. Calculation is based on other text boxes which are bounded to a table. Everything is fine except that i can not filter the tabular form according to calculated text box. When I select the calculated text box, filter button becoming enable. Is there anyway to filter the form according to calculated text box? Thank you Well, you cannot use the FILTER function on an UNBOUND textbox. (the calculation is moot) But if your form is based on a Query, you could requery. You'll need a custom button or an onClick event or something to trigger it. ...

How to keep loaded file's format intact?
Hello, I am loading into spreadsheet .csv file, where each field is enclosed in quotation marks, and separated by the comma. Each line looks like this: "No name"," 1 555 2340553","2009-09-07 14:55:08","","No Dialtone. Line is not connected or it is in use.","8" That file loads nicely into spreadsheet, each field into its own cell. However, when saving it, the format (quotation marks) is gone. I need to preserve that quotations marks. The reason for it is that some data may contain commas which are not field s...

Excel 2007 Change Standard Colors How?
Greetings, I just started Excel 2007. My spreadsheets typically have a lot of cells that are color filled. When I work on a old or new one, I find the light bright color fills of 2003 aren't there as defaults or easy to find without multiple clicks. Is there a way to change the standard colors presented when you click on the paint bucket? Thanks for your help! ...

Conditional format multiple controls
Hi, I have a form which is used to update records in the ClientTable. I want to set the back colour to be red when the field is blank to alert the user that data is needed. I know I can do this for each control (textboxes and combo boxes) individually but as I have a large number and the cnditions would be the same, is there a way to code all controls in one go? Any help woudl be appreciated. On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 07:46:17 -0700, bamf wrote: > Hi, I have a form which is used to update records in the ClientTable. I want > to set the back colour to be red when the field is blank...

Pivot Table Formatting #4
I have read past posts on Pivot Table formatting and have achieved some success with the formatting problem. My current problem is that on one spreadsheet I have used AutoFormat to get the look I want for the Pivot Table. On this table I expanded the width of the columns and the formatting has held in place. I then created a new and separate spreadsheet file using the former one as a template. Everything looks great, except on this file, every time I refresh, the columns go back to the default width. I have tried enabling selection before widening the columns with no luck. Any h...

Text only in toolbar buttons
Hi! I would like to know how to set custom toolbar buttons to display text only and no picture? Thanks, Thierry Paradis Set the style property to msoButtonCaption -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Thierry Paradis" <chezmoe200-5@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:euoWrjUPGHA.1180@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi! > > I would like to know how to set custom toolbar buttons to display text only > and no picture? > > Thanks, > > Thierry Paradis > > set the style property of the control to msoButtonCap...