color-coding cells and more

Excel 97  /  W98
Two easy questions.
    Is there a way to color-code a cell based on a condition, BUT not using
Visual Basic Editor?
That is, I want to change a cell based on a condition using the =IF(a,b,c)
format.
    In the status bar, I have choices of SUM, Average, and a few others.
Always opens with SUM as the default option.  Can I change the default to
'Average?'

--
Replace the AT in address
Statistics convinces us we are in a minority.  Probability convinces us we

0
qaz123 (3)
8/29/2003 4:16:10 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Old guy wrote:
>     Is there a way to color-code a cell based on a condition, BUT not
> using Visual Basic Editor?
> That is, I want to change a cell based on a condition using the
> =IF(a,b,c) format.

Use Conditional Formatting.  See Excel help for details.

Dave
dvt at psu dot edu

0
dvt (216)

CDialog background color
Hello, How can change the background colour of a dialog programmatically? Best regards >How can change the background colour of a dialog programmatically? Handle the WM_CTLCOLORDLG message (OnCtlColor CTLCOLOR_DLG in MFC) and return a brush of the colour you want. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq Thanks but it didn't work! here is the code that I wrote: HBRUSH CDialogAppCon::OnCtlColor(CDC* pDC, CWnd* pWnd, UINT nCtlColor) { HBRUSH hbr = CDialog::OnCtlColor(pDC, pWnd, nCtlColor); // TODO: Change any attributes of the DC here // TODO: Return a different b...

paste sheet name in a cell
Hi How can I paste the name of "Sheet2" in a cell in "Sheet1" so that the cell displays as text - "Sheet2" and in case I change the name of "Sheet2" to "Sheet2A" the text displayed in that cell also changes to "Sheet2A" Thanks Sanjay Jain www.minisoftindia.com Try this one put this formula in sheet2 A1 =3DMID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,255) In sheet 1 put A1 =3DSheet2!A1 On Sep 12, 1:21=A0am, Support - Assetage <minisoftin...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi > > How ...

How do I get a sum of every seventh cell in a column?
Hello I am trying to find out how to get a sum of cells with a specific fixed interval between them This will sum every seventh value in column A =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW(A1:A100),7)=1),A1:A100) best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Jubilado" <Jubilado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44571D0E-0C6F-47BD-97D4-0C98EA596E6A@microsoft.com... > Hello I am trying to find out how to get a sum of cells with a specific > fixed > interval between them What is the range of cells you want to sum? A...

Create dynamic code by using Reflection
Hi! I have hard to see a situation when I would use the reflection feature to create the code dynamically ? Can somebody give me a hint when this situation would arise ? It's much much easier to create the code in the normal way. //Tony "Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson@telia.com> wrote in message news:OZ4CzBO9KHA.4768@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I have hard to see a situation when I would use the reflection feature to > create the code dynamically ? > Can somebody give me a hint when this situation would arise ? > It's much much ea...

Color
Hi, I'm a new programmer with C++ We are using VC++6 I'd like to know if it's possible to give a backgroung color to a label (static text) from my code. I want to change the background color of a lable (static text) depending on what the user choose from a combo box color Thanks I think you can subclass your "static class" window and write your own WM_ERASEBKGND message handler.... Something like this: ------%<-----------%<--------------- class CMyStaticText: public CStatic { public: afx_msg BOOL OnEraseBkgnd(CDC *); DECLARE_MESSAGE_MAP() } BEGIN_MES...

Color Scheme Disapeared?
Several lines were shaded the standard beige that appears on the color scheme chart when the color chart icon is pressed in Excel 2000. To my surprise ... and for no known reason... all lines shaded with that color changed to a cruddy gray. When I looked at the chart again, where the beige had been is now that crummy gray... as it appears in several other boxes of that chart now. When I place my cursor over those boxes of gray, I get a text reading of "Color Scheme" rather than the name of the color the cursor is on. What the heck happened and how do I get that beige back? Never ...

Continuing the cell references in formulas
How du you make excel continue the cell references (the way I want) i formulas when copying? I have the formula =HVIS(ANTAL.BLANKE(B4:C4)<KOLONNER(B4:C4);"x";"") and when I copy this cell the references change to (c4:d4) instead o (d4:e4). I'm sure there is a simple way of going around this ... : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Kreller, > =HVIS(ANTAL.BLANKE(B4:C4)<KOLONNER(B4:C4);"x";"") > > and when I copy this cell the references change to (c4:d4) instead of > (d4:e4). I'm sure there is a simple way...

Change cell color after processes
In this program which works until I added the .cells color - basically I want to color the cell if it existed and was moved or a different color if the file was not found. I keep getting a type mismatch. The code is below. 'Primary program ' Sub RunThroughList() Dim I As Long Dim Destination As String Dim Lastrow As Long Lastrow = Worksheets(1).Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row For I = 1 To Lastrow MoveFiles Range("A" & I).Value, "P:\Web_ICC\Archive_Test\", I Cells("A", I).Interior.ColorIndex = 6 Next End Sub 'Sub routin...

Several values in one cell. is it possible? #4
I understand. Thanks alot u all. I tough it was nearly impossible, but now it' working perfectly -- EliB ----------------------------------------------------------------------- EliBY's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1649 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27879 ...

Code to delete rows excluding Header if not = to
Good morning I have the following code to delete all rows that do not contain the following two variables, in column P, "cw" and "ea". Set ws = ActiveSheet For p = ws.Range("P65536").End(xlUp).Row To 1 Step -1 If ws.Cells(p, 16) <> "cw" Then If ws.Cells(p, 16) <> "ea" Then ws.Rows(p).Delete End If End If Next It works very well apart from the fact that it deletes the Header row. Please can someone assist me in modifying this code so it does not delete Row 1 (the header row). T...

"hidden"codes "paragraph" symbol, etc, showing in doc-how delete?
have normally "hidden" codes, such as "paragraph" symbols, "arrow head pointers" and "indentation markers" showing up in MS wWord document previously typed WITHOUT SUCH SYMBOLS SHOWING. How do I get rid of them. They do not show when documetn is printed. But code symbols make editing document a real headache. I know there is some simple key to depress which will send them back into "hiding." But which key ? And how to prevent reoccurences of same 'hidden codes' "popping up" in document. Thanks any help. ...

Help formatting text color based on formula
I have searched the forum and find some things that help but not quite enough. I have a table of numbers. In fact there are 300 rows of 5 colums of numbers. What I would like to do is to change the color of the number if it matches one of 5 other numbers. Example Reference #s 2 6 23 43 48 01 02 09 08 14 06 14 23 43 44 03 11 23 24 52 etc etc etc etc The example list is already populated. When the reference numbers are entered I want any number in the example list that matches any number in the reference list to change to a specified color. Any way to...

Change border color of active cell??
How can i change the border color of the active cell in Ecell 2004 for MAC?? thanks ...

re: Changing subject/conversation text color <20061123223842noreply@takethisout.registrme.sent.com>
Never mind. I changed it with "Other Settings, Shade Group Headings". Couldn't change the color, but the color is now black on gray (my system setting) and is a lot better. EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com ...

error code 800705B4
I am running Windows 7 RC on my desktop and I keep getting an error code when trying to install a definition update to Windows Defender. The update won't install sucessfully. -- GIL "GIL" <GIL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FA9B800-2D21-4E18-8513-92AA289BFAD9@microsoft.com... > I am running Windows 7 RC on my desktop and I keep getting an error code > when > trying to install a definition update to Windows Defender. The update > won't > install sucessfully. > -- > GIL Jesus! Drop the RC and buy a copy! Th...

Excel 2007 Change Standard Colors How?
Greetings, I just started Excel 2007. My spreadsheets typically have a lot of cells that are color filled. When I work on a old or new one, I find the light bright color fills of 2003 aren't there as defaults or easy to find without multiple clicks. Is there a way to change the standard colors presented when you click on the paint bucket? Thanks for your help! ...

color in checkbox?
Any way you can have a checkbox turn a color (fill in black or whatever color) when you click on it instead of a checkmark? -- Thanks, Sharon SHARON wrote: > Any way you can have a checkbox turn a color (fill in black or > whatever color) when you click on it instead of a checkmark? Not with a genuine form-field checkbox (although with an exit macro you could change the checkbox's font color, that's not "instead of a checkmark"). Using the technique at http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Add_Toggle_Objects.htm, though, you can make the "checkbox" b...

color code
I have trying to do this, but to no avail. I want cells to change color like: more than 60 days before certain date - they're green 1 - 60 days - they're yellow 0 days and days after - they're red Format | Conditional Format | Cell Value is < A1-60 where the date to check against is in cell A1. Define your Format. Same for the other formats -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Shihachi" wrote: > I have trying to do this, but to no avail. > I want cells to change color like: > more than 60 days before certain date - they're green > 1 - ...

color tab on spreadsheet
hi I have a file with 20 tab and names nearly same. So I would like to color the tab. Do you know how to do it thanks for hel Benjamin Is only possible in Excel 2002 and 2003 Ben -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Ben.c" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30C7D4B9-F271-45AF-A618-66680BF33EDE@microsoft.com... > hi, > I have a file with 20 tab and names nearly same. So I would like to color the tab. Do you know how to do it ? > thanks for help > Benjamin Only way is to get Office XP (excel 2002)...

Squeaky clean code: Trapping & passing on WM_SYSCOMMAND
I've written custom code to minimize my app by overriding WindowProc(), trappping WM_SYSCOMMAND, and checking to see if the message is SC_MINIMIZE. Pretty standard stuff, but my question is: What is the absolutely correct way to pass on other (non-SC_MINIMIZE) messages? I'm assuming I don't want to pass on the message I'm looking for after I've processed it myself(?) I need to return something that resolves to a successful LRESULT, but I don't know if that's simply the boolean TRUE or not. Thanks, Rick Lee Here's my code to illustrate: LRESULT CMainFrame::Win...

Button calling aother button's code
I'm just getting started. How does one call another button's code? In Button2's code, I want to call Button1's click event. I guess I need to pass parameters. The Button1_Click() statement is incorrect. So how does one call code contained in another button? Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, _ ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click MsgBox("I pressed a button") End Sub Private Sub Button2_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, _ ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button2.Clic...

changing font color in multiple textboxes
Hello, I am trying to find out how (if its possible) to change the font color of multiple textboxes at the same time. I changed my background and now i need all the textboxes to have white text instead of black. I have over 100 textboxes so going and changing each text box is quite annoying. Any help is appreciated. kahlan715 wrote: > I am trying to find out how (if its possible) to change the font color of > multiple textboxes at the same time. I changed my background and now i need > all the textboxes to have white text instead of black. I have over 100 > textboxe...

Result changes cell color
Is there a way to fill a cell with a color depending on the result? Basically, I want the following: If cell = 1 Fill cell with Red If cell = 2 Fill cell with Yellow If cell = 3 Fill cell with Green Thanks for any help. format>conditional format>easy from there -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "GSBohn" <genie@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message news:uDoqd.47388$Oc.10064@tornado.tampabay.rr.com... > Is there a way to fill a cell with a color depending on the result? > > Basically, I want the following: > > If cell = 1 Fill cell with ...

Same cell but different worksheet
Hi All, Can I make a cell the same as the cell, but in a different worksheet. It's a text field. For example A1 in worksheet Marketing Report should be the same as A1 in worksheet Students. Thanks, Michele Like this =Students!a1 The simplest way to do this is to let Excel create the cell address: Type = (don't hit enter) Now navigate to the cell you want "the same" (ie, click on the worksheet tab, click on the cell) Hit Enter You will see that Excel has created the formula for you. Once you learn this, you'll never type a cell address again. ...

calendar icon in cell
I have various cells formatted as dates. Is there anyway I can make a little icon appear within those cells so that you can click on this and a mini calendar comes up for you to select the date? Similar to those you find on holiday company websites etc etc..... Thanks in advance Hi AFAIK not as a build-in function. you may have a look at the calendar object (Insert - Objects) for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany That's Confidential wrote: > I have various cells formatted as dates. Is there anyway I can make a > little icon appear within those cells so that you ca...