Color alternating Rows

Excel 2007

Any easy way to color alternation rows on an excel sheet?

And to make it more complex can I do the above within the constraints of
certain columns (color alternation rows onlw between columns 1 and 7 - for
example)?

Any help here will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

0
Dave
6/27/2007 6:32:43 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You can do it with Conditional Formatting. See
www.cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm for examples.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Dave" <dave@accessdatapros> wrote in message
> Excel 2007
>
> Any easy way to color alternation rows on an excel sheet?
>
> And to make it more complex can I do the above within the constraints of
> certain columns (color alternation rows onlw between columns 1 and 7 - for
> example)?
>
> Any help here will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance

0
chip1 (1821)
6/27/2007 6:37:15 PM
Thank you

Dave

"Dave" <dave@accessdatapros> wrote in message
> Excel 2007
>
> Any easy way to color alternation rows on an excel sheet?
>
> And to make it more complex can I do the above within the constraints of
> certain columns (color alternation rows onlw between columns 1 and 7 - for
> example)?
>
> Any help here will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance

0
Dave

Total or Sum Cell Location Always Just Below Latest Row Entry. Possible?
I would like to have the location of the cell bearing the total of a column of figures vary with the number of figures in that total. EXAMPLE: I place an entry in row 1. The total appears just below it in row 2. I add an entry in row 2. The total of row 1 and 2 then moves to the cell just below the row 2 entry (row 3), and so on. If the total has a label to its left, I would like that label to move as the total moves. I'm sure this is possible, I just can't figure a way to do it! Help much appreciated! Thanks in advance! Frank For column A: in cell A2, put the form...

problem selecting rows (or columns)
When working in a large spreadsheet I often have to highlight a range of cells or rows encompassing a few hundred rows When dragging the pointer down to the bottem of the page, the sheet usually moves down in a normal manner. However, at times it speeds up so quickly I can't control where I need to stop. This is NOT the same thing as speeding it up a little by dragging the pointer a little lower, this is FAST. I know others who have this problem I've gone into Control Panel to adjust speed, doesn't work It seems to happen when I've been working on a sheet a long time. Couple ...

CDialog background color
Hello, How can change the background colour of a dialog programmatically? Best regards >How can change the background colour of a dialog programmatically? Handle the WM_CTLCOLORDLG message (OnCtlColor CTLCOLOR_DLG in MFC) and return a brush of the colour you want. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq Thanks but it didn't work! here is the code that I wrote: HBRUSH CDialogAppCon::OnCtlColor(CDC* pDC, CWnd* pWnd, UINT nCtlColor) { HBRUSH hbr = CDialog::OnCtlColor(pDC, pWnd, nCtlColor); // TODO: Change any attributes of the DC here // TODO: Return a different b...

Color
Hi, I'm a new programmer with C++ We are using VC++6 I'd like to know if it's possible to give a backgroung color to a label (static text) from my code. I want to change the background color of a lable (static text) depending on what the user choose from a combo box color Thanks I think you can subclass your "static class" window and write your own WM_ERASEBKGND message handler.... Something like this: ------%<-----------%<--------------- class CMyStaticText: public CStatic { public: afx_msg BOOL OnEraseBkgnd(CDC *); DECLARE_MESSAGE_MAP() } BEGIN_MES...

Change cell color after processes
In this program which works until I added the .cells color - basically I want to color the cell if it existed and was moved or a different color if the file was not found. I keep getting a type mismatch. The code is below. 'Primary program ' Sub RunThroughList() Dim I As Long Dim Destination As String Dim Lastrow As Long Lastrow = Worksheets(1).Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row For I = 1 To Lastrow MoveFiles Range("A" & I).Value, "P:\Web_ICC\Archive_Test\", I Cells("A", I).Interior.ColorIndex = 6 Next End Sub 'Sub routin...

Color Scheme Disapeared?
Several lines were shaded the standard beige that appears on the color scheme chart when the color chart icon is pressed in Excel 2000. To my surprise ... and for no known reason... all lines shaded with that color changed to a cruddy gray. When I looked at the chart again, where the beige had been is now that crummy gray... as it appears in several other boxes of that chart now. When I place my cursor over those boxes of gray, I get a text reading of "Color Scheme" rather than the name of the color the cursor is on. What the heck happened and how do I get that beige back? Never ...

Help formatting text color based on formula
I have searched the forum and find some things that help but not quite enough. I have a table of numbers. In fact there are 300 rows of 5 colums of numbers. What I would like to do is to change the color of the number if it matches one of 5 other numbers. Example Reference #s 2 6 23 43 48 01 02 09 08 14 06 14 23 43 44 03 11 23 24 52 etc etc etc etc The example list is already populated. When the reference numbers are entered I want any number in the example list that matches any number in the reference list to change to a specified color. Any way to...

Change border color of active cell??
How can i change the border color of the active cell in Ecell 2004 for MAC?? thanks ...

Minimizing Rows of with similar data
I am using Excel 2007. I have 3 columns A, B, and C such as below: TU10-10 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-10.5 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-11 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-11.5 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-12 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-12.5 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-13 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-6 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-6.5 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-7 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-7.5 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-8 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-8.5 TU10 Tung...

re: Changing subject/conversation text color <20061123223842noreply@takethisout.registrme.sent.com>
Never mind. I changed it with "Other Settings, Shade Group Headings". Couldn't change the color, but the color is now black on gray (my system setting) and is a lot better. EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com ...

color in checkbox?
Any way you can have a checkbox turn a color (fill in black or whatever color) when you click on it instead of a checkmark? -- Thanks, Sharon SHARON wrote: > Any way you can have a checkbox turn a color (fill in black or > whatever color) when you click on it instead of a checkmark? Not with a genuine form-field checkbox (although with an exit macro you could change the checkbox's font color, that's not "instead of a checkmark"). Using the technique at http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Add_Toggle_Objects.htm, though, you can make the "checkbox" b...

Excel 2007 Change Standard Colors How?
Greetings, I just started Excel 2007. My spreadsheets typically have a lot of cells that are color filled. When I work on a old or new one, I find the light bright color fills of 2003 aren't there as defaults or easy to find without multiple clicks. Is there a way to change the standard colors presented when you click on the paint bucket? Thanks for your help! ...

Last Value in a row or column
Hi All, I need a formula or User Defined Function that will allow me to find the last input cell in a row of variable width data. This value will then be shown in a cell of my choice. Thanks Excel Dummy ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi - how about this? Public Function Findlastcell(MyAddress As Range) Application.volatile Findlastcell = Cells(MyAddress.Row, 256).End(xlToLeft).Address End Function You use it by entering = Findlastcell(B5) ...

Is there SQL alternative to checklinks/reconcile
Checklinks and reconcile is very slow, how do large companies deal with this? We run a 6 day work week which only leaves a little more than 24 hours to run these. Unfortunately running Sale/Pur/Inv checklinks & reconcile takes over 48 hrs with no one on the system. Computer systems are all current server class xeons with raid 10. SQL is a general database engine program that maintains individual tables for an application. Dynamics GP / Great Plains is an application. The application knows which tables should relate to which others and only part of this infomation is stored in the ...

Reseting the last row/column
Hello all, I have a spreadsheet of data, lets say 35,000 rows long. So when I do a [Ctrl] + [End], it goes to the cell at row 35,000 (and the last column of the data). Now lets say that I run a macro that deletes 5,000 rows. So now the last row is 30,000. But if I do a [Ctrl] + [End] again, it still goes to row 35,000. Is there any way to reset the spread sheet so it knows that the last row/column of data has changed since row/column deletions? Thanks for any help anyone can provide, Conan Kelly Here is an article from Msft on the topic: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=2444...

Inserting rows and having the formula follow
I have the formula =SUM(I2:I190/F2:F190) which works wonderfully. Only problem is that when I go to insert a new row, the formula won't follow down that column without draggin it from the cell above... any way to do this automatically? Thanks in Advance! With a macro http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm Regards, Peo Sjoblom "workofiction" wrote: > I have the formula =SUM(I2:I190/F2:F190) which works wonderfully. Only > problem is that when I go to insert a new row, the formula won't follow down > that column without draggin it from the cell a...

Best way to add a row to a table with calculations?
Suppose I have a worksheet like this: 1 2 Date Days 3 5/25/08 35 4 4/20/08 45 5 3/06/08 46 6 1/20/08 41 ... The value in the Date column is calculated (=A3-A4). I would like to add a row between rows 2 and 3 and have it acquire all of the properties of row 3. The best procedure I could come up with is: 1. Right click on row 3, select Insert. This inserts a row between 2 and 3, but it acquires the properties of row 2. 2. Select row 4 (old row 3) and press Ctrl-C (copy). 3. Select row 3 (new row) and press Ctrl-V (paste). This seems to work. Is there a better wa...

color code
I have trying to do this, but to no avail. I want cells to change color like: more than 60 days before certain date - they're green 1 - 60 days - they're yellow 0 days and days after - they're red Format | Conditional Format | Cell Value is < A1-60 where the date to check against is in cell A1. Define your Format. Same for the other formats -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Shihachi" wrote: > I have trying to do this, but to no avail. > I want cells to change color like: > more than 60 days before certain date - they're green > 1 - ...

i have rows missing on my spreadsheet but i cannot unhide them?
i have a spreadsheet with rows missong but when i highlight them to unhide they dont unhide, I do not know how to get them back. Can anyone help? Thanks Emma, They may not be hidden. 1) They may have very low heights, so select all your cells - click the button to the upper left of cell A1 - and then hover your cursor over a row button until the cursor changes to the row height icon. Then double clike. 2) They may be filtered. Try Data / Filter / Autofilter. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Emma130176" <Emma130176@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9AC1C131-...

delete rows #7
Hi all, I have some 500 rows. I want to delete all rows, except row 1, of which col G is zero or blank while col A shows anything else than a string of which the first character is S or P. In other words, I want to keep row 1 and all rows in which col A shows text starting with S or P and all rows not having zero or blank in col G. I need the fastest code possible, my do loop takes a lot of time. I thank you in advance for your assistance. Jack Sons The Netherlands Have you already turned off screen updates and auto calculation? Those are typically the real time hogs. In general...

color tab on spreadsheet
hi I have a file with 20 tab and names nearly same. So I would like to color the tab. Do you know how to do it thanks for hel Benjamin Is only possible in Excel 2002 and 2003 Ben -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Ben.c" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30C7D4B9-F271-45AF-A618-66680BF33EDE@microsoft.com... > hi, > I have a file with 20 tab and names nearly same. So I would like to color the tab. Do you know how to do it ? > thanks for help > Benjamin Only way is to get Office XP (excel 2002)...

Result changes cell color
Is there a way to fill a cell with a color depending on the result? Basically, I want the following: If cell = 1 Fill cell with Red If cell = 2 Fill cell with Yellow If cell = 3 Fill cell with Green Thanks for any help. format>conditional format>easy from there -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "GSBohn" <genie@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message news:uDoqd.47388$Oc.10064@tornado.tampabay.rr.com... > Is there a way to fill a cell with a color depending on the result? > > Basically, I want the following: > > If cell = 1 Fill cell with ...

changing font color in multiple textboxes
Hello, I am trying to find out how (if its possible) to change the font color of multiple textboxes at the same time. I changed my background and now i need all the textboxes to have white text instead of black. I have over 100 textboxes so going and changing each text box is quite annoying. Any help is appreciated. kahlan715 wrote: > I am trying to find out how (if its possible) to change the font color of > multiple textboxes at the same time. I changed my background and now i need > all the textboxes to have white text instead of black. I have over 100 > textboxe...

printing in color paper
Hi, I'm trying to print in blue and red paper but the text always appear black no matter which font color I choose. Does any one have tried to print non black font in non white paper? Thanks a lot for your help Neither Word nor your printer has any way of knowing what color paper you are putting into your printer. If you try to print (for instance) with red ink on green paper, of course it will look black! On Feb 1, 11:41=A0am, MVR <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, I'm trying to print in blue and red paper but the text always appear > black no m...

Auto Filters
HELP! Is there a way to make sure that when you paste over rows in a filtere selection that it only updates the rows data that you have selected i the filter? I had auto filters on selecting a subset of my data and I was updatin some of the data through different filters by pasting new values ove 20 or 30 rows in the selection then I would select another filter an update those records. I thought everything was fine until I realize that when I was pasting I was also pasting over data in the rows tha were not selected in the filter. Thanks, M -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.co...