Clipboard Retains Cut Items In Excel

Hello!

I'm having a problem with the clipboard that I didn't have before.  Its only
in Excel.  For some reason, when I highlight a cell or group of cells with
the intention of either cutting or copying it, by right clicking on the
selection, the little list of options that pops out does not include 'cut'
nor 'copy.  The 'cut' and 'copy' options aren't on the option list at all,
not even in 'ghosted' form.  But 'paste' and 'paste special' are ghosted.
When this happens, I see that the clipboard still has retained the last cell
that I cut AND DID PASTE.  And that last cut or copy and paste operation had
to be done using the icons on the standard bar.

So the clipboard has retained the selection from the last cut and paste
operation.  I can manually delete that information from the clipboard
thereby clearing it.  But that doesn't make any difference...when I right
click on a cell, the option to 'cut' or 'copy' still is not in the little
menu that pops up.

This problem does not exist in Word, nor on web pages.

It has me baffled, and I really use this function (cut & paste) a lot.  Its
much more tedious with the right click functionality missing.  Can you
please help me fix this?

Thanks for constant great support on this newsgroup.

Danno

0
reardone (10)
10/20/2003 5:26:26 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Danno,

Someone (Dave Peterson, I think) answered this recently.  Search back.

--
Earl Kiosterud

"Danno" <reardone@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> Hello!
>
> I'm having a problem with the clipboard that I didn't have before.  Its
only
> in Excel.  For some reason, when I highlight a cell or group of cells with
> the intention of either cutting or copying it, by right clicking on the
> selection, the little list of options that pops out does not include 'cut'
> nor 'copy.  The 'cut' and 'copy' options aren't on the option list at all,
> not even in 'ghosted' form.  But 'paste' and 'paste special' are ghosted.
> When this happens, I see that the clipboard still has retained the last
cell
> that I cut AND DID PASTE.  And that last cut or copy and paste operation
had
> to be done using the icons on the standard bar.
>
> So the clipboard has retained the selection from the last cut and paste
> operation.  I can manually delete that information from the clipboard
> thereby clearing it.  But that doesn't make any difference...when I right
> click on a cell, the option to 'cut' or 'copy' still is not in the little
> menu that pops up.
>
> This problem does not exist in Word, nor on web pages.
>
> It has me baffled, and I really use this function (cut & paste) a lot.
Its
> much more tedious with the right click functionality missing.  Can you
> please help me fix this?
>
> Thanks for constant great support on this newsgroup.
>
> Danno

0
nowhere8060 (363)
10/20/2003 8:51:42 PM
And I think that the last question was did renaming the *.xlb file have any
affect?

I didn't see a response from Danno in this thread:
http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=yHYjb.114644%249l5.600%40pd7tw2no

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Danno

"Dave Peterson" <ec35720@msn.com> wrote in message
> And I think that the last question was did renaming the *.xlb file have
any
> affect?
>
> I didn't see a response from Danno in this thread:
> http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=yHYjb.114644%249l5.600%40pd7tw2no
>
> Earl Kiosterud wrote:
> >
> > Danno,
> >
> > Someone (Dave Peterson, I think) answered this recently.  Search back.
> >
> > --
> > Earl Kiosterud
> > mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net
> >
> > "Danno" <reardone@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> > > Hello!
> > >
> > > I'm having a problem with the clipboard that I didn't have before.
Its
> > only
> > > in Excel.  For some reason, when I highlight a cell or group of cells
with
> > > the intention of either cutting or copying it, by right clicking on
the
> > > selection, the little list of options that pops out does not include
'cut'
> > > nor 'copy.  The 'cut' and 'copy' options aren't on the option list at
all,
> > > not even in 'ghosted' form.  But 'paste' and 'paste special' are
ghosted.
> > > When this happens, I see that the clipboard still has retained the
last
> > cell
> > > that I cut AND DID PASTE.  And that last cut or copy and paste
operation
> > had
> > > to be done using the icons on the standard bar.
> > >
> > > So the clipboard has retained the selection from the last cut and
paste
> > > operation.  I can manually delete that information from the clipboard
> > > thereby clearing it.  But that doesn't make any difference...when I
right
> > > click on a cell, the option to 'cut' or 'copy' still is not in the
little
> > > menu that pops up.
> > >
> > > This problem does not exist in Word, nor on web pages.
> > >
> > > It has me baffled, and I really use this function (cut & paste) a lot.
> > Its
> > > much more tedious with the right click functionality missing.  Can you
> > > please help me fix this?
> > >
> > > Thanks for constant great support on this newsgroup.
> > >
> > > Danno
> > >

> --
>
> Dave Peterson
> ec35720@msn.com

0
reardone (10)
10/21/2003 3:16:49 PM
Glad to hear that it worked.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

How to set the default format on excel?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to set the default format on excel 2003? such as font, size, center align, whenever I open, it is all set. Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric One way is to create a template and name it "Book" . If you already have the Book.xlt in the XlStart folder all new workbooks are created from this template. C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART "Eric" wrote: > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to set the default format on excel > 2003? such as font, size, ...

stupid Excel tricks #2
Using Excel 2007. Columns A and B, rows 1 to 4 get the following. (Though the specific data values don't seem to matter.) X X2 1 1 2 4 3 9 Highlight these cells, insert a scatter plot, the kind with the straight lines and the data point indicators. Hey, I get my nice segments of my parabola. Now I do the formatting I want, such as putting in the border for the plot area I want. Click on my graph. Copy, paste. Now I have a copy of my graph, including my formatting. Click on the data series in this graph. It highlights. Yeah, fine. Click the delete key. The series goes away. I&#...

Other Items Bought with a particular item
Hi all- Extensive heavy-duty user of RMS and regular custom-creator of reports, but can't seem to find a way to manage this one. I have item XYZ and I've identified it as not a highly profitable item, but possibly an item that my customers purchase alongside other higher margin products. The item has hundreds of movements in the Movement History report. How can I run a report to show either: a.) The total sales ticket value of all transactions which include XYZ item. -or- b.) A list of other items (along with cost and sold price) which were purchased over a set period along ...

excel recovery error
I continue to receive the same error each time i open up an excel file Microsoft Excel File Repair Log Errors were detected in file 'V:\acctclk\LEDGER FY04.xls' The following is a list of repairs: Lost supporting data on one or more objects. Same as the post I wrote a minute ago, there are 3 utilities out there: easyrecovery (no money back guarantee and no tech support) excelrecovery (been around for a while) excelfix (been around for a while and as i just checked, they have a money back guarantee) Try the demos and you may be able to recover your damaged file but it will cost yo...

SLOW cut, copy, and close
I recently went from Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Ultimate on my home computer. Now cut, copy, format painter, and save are VERY slow in Word, Excel, and Outlook, but not PowerPoint, Note Pad or non-MS products. They take up to a minute, even when the amount of data is tiny. My computer has 4 GB of RAM. I have used two different programs to check that the computer does not have a virus. I have used the Microsoft Office Diagnostics tool, and it found no problems. Help! -- foxywoodchuck "foxywoodchuck" wrote: > I recently went from Vista Home Premium t...

Excel comparative query
I'm respectfully requesting assistance with the correct formula to use for the following query: I'd searching all of column A on spreadsheet 1 to see if a value in column A of spreadsheet 2 is there, and placing a result X (or another) next to (adjacent cell) the confirmed value on spreadsheet 2. Please help if you can. Chris Hi Chris see your answer in puclic.excel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Chris wrote: > I'm respectfully requesting assistance with the correct formula > to use for the following query: > > I'd searching all of column A on ...

LPO Item Budget Issue
Hi All, I am experiencing rather a strange issue. When I approve LPOs I get the following message: "This Item has exceeded the budget for Account number xx-xxx-xx-xx by 1403.00. The budget amount for this acount is 0.00.Do you to Authorize his amount? Stangely this happens for all the unapproved LPOs. I have checked the Commitment setup and the setting is correct,I have the budgets for the accounts as well and there are funds to process this LPOs against these accounts. I have also reviewed the details of KB Article 921226 and everything seems in order. I m...

Great Plains should allow me to cut and paste numbers from excel
Currently, when I cut a number from an excel spreadsheet cell and paste it into Great Plains Sales Transaction entry, Great Plains application does not acknowledge the decimal place. (i.e. 110.11 pastes in as 11011.00) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. ...

Displaying leading zeros in an Excel spreadsheet
How can I display leading zeros in an Excel spreadsheet? I am a librarian trying to type in call #s (for example 001.245) and cannot get zeros to display in front of other numbers. Clicking zero values at the View tab under Tools - Options does not work for leading zeros. Hi you have a couple of options - 1) if you're happy for the numbers to be treated as text then either - type a ' in front of the number when you enter it; or - before entering the numbers select the range and choose format / cells - on the numbers tab choose text 2) if you want them to still be numbers t...

Excel 2007 and Sharepoint V2
I am having problems saving a Excel spreadsheet to a V2 Sharepoint Shared document library. I open the spreadsheet via the SharePoint site, Click down arrow adjacent to document name and click "Edit in Microsoft Excel" . The document opens in Excel but when I save the document I get "Document not saved" dialog. This same document opens and saves fine under Excel 2003 from the same Sharepoint site. Questions * Do I need to have WEBDAV enabled on the SharePoint web site? I never needed it with Excel 2003. * Any tips on determining reason why save failed? I've ...

Exporting to Excel #2
Is it possible to Export an sales document to Excel or Word? Kim - Here are a couple of options: A. While on a sales transaction entry document, set up quick print and quick print the sales document to screen. Next mail the .pdf to yourself B. Launch smartlist click on sales transaction folder and run the smart list that suits your needs. Click on the excel icon/word icon on the toolbar to export. Warning! this is a significant resource hog. "Kim" wrote: > Is it possible to Export an sales document to Excel or Word? On Feb 20, 9:46 am, Kim <K...@discussions.microsof...

Excel Print Issue
When I print to OneNote 2007 from Excel 2007, it shows up on OneNote as all Black. The same thing happens if I embed the file on a OneNote page and right click the file and "Insert as Printout." Any help would be appreciated. -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > When I print to OneNote 2007 from Excel 2007, it shows up on OneNote as all > Black. > > The same thing happens if I embed the file on a OneNote page and right click > the file and "Insert as Printout." > > Any help would be appreciated. Experiment with the prin...

Cutting first 4 digits from a cell and pasting it into an adjacent column
Using 2007 on Vista I've got some data I want to import from excel into my crm software For type of business here in the UK we use 'SIC' codes However, the data I have purchased has the SIC code followed by it's description I want to seperate the first 4 digits which is for the SIC code and leave the description behind as per the following data 3320: Manufacture Of Instruments & Appliances For Measuring, Checking, Testing, Navigating & Other Which I want to seperate into SIC code 3320 SIC description Manufacture Of Instruments & Appliances For Measuring, Chec...

How do I access clipboard?
I just got a message telling me I have a lot of data on my clipboard - what is the clipboard and how do I access it? The clipboard is the area of memory that Windows sticks something you have copied (usually to paste elsewhere). When you close Word or the document, it asks if you have finished with the stuff on the clipboard before it clears it out. Unless you intend to copy something to paste into another application and you are closing Word before pasting into the other application, it is safe to dump it. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "dukester" <dukester@d...

Additional item numbers for inventory
A prospect wants to use Great Plains inventory. They sell parts for industrial equipment.. From time to time, a manufacturer will change the item code for a part. As a result, several customers will use the same part but they will know it by different item codes. Customers call in and want to order the machine part. However, they all refer to it by different manufacturer's codes. The prospect wants a way to tie the different manufacturer's codes to a single inventory item. This would allow them to search for the part number that the customer has and match it back to their item ...

Reorder items in the account register?
I imported the files from my bank and the register is out of order causing my balances to be incorrect when reconciling the account. for example here is my bank statement 3/3 transaction 1 3/3 trasaction 2 3/4 Transaction 3 3/4 Transaction 4 however money is not display the order they were entered on the statement backwards. 3/3 trasaction 2 3/3 transaction 1 3/4 Transaction 4 3/4 Transaction 3 This makes my balances is incorrect because its adding and deducting from the incorrect subtotals from the previous lines. I cant find anyway to reorder the transactions and i dont want to del...

Edit Design Gallery items???
This might be a stupid question, but can you change the colors of the items in the Design Gallery? I want to use some of the buttons that are there, but the color is wrong. Basically just want to change the areas that are blue, to red. Is this possible? And, is it so easy to do that I'm just "missing it"? Please excuse my ignorance. Also, please excuse the handle, I post in a racing ng as well. And, if this isn't the appropriate group for this, please forgive as well. Thanks!! Shawn Hi 43fan (sleap@pennswoods.net), in the newsgroups you posted: || This might be a s...

I cannot delete Item from HQ
I delete Item from HQ and using Worksheet 250 to update store but store cannot delete this item from store. Who have any recomendation for me. ...

How do I add new chart series automatically in Excel
I may have several dozen or more (even hundreds or thousands) series to add to a microsoft Excel x-y scatter chart. Each series only consists of two data points and represent a straight line connected to pre-defined nodes in a complex 3-D geometric figure. When plotted, the geometric 3-D figure is revealed, and can be rotated to different viewing angles. Even though Excel Chart is not specifically intended for this type display, it works very well. The only problem is automating the new series as the coordinates for each new line are input. Presently I have to do add each new serie...

Excel 97 and Excel 2002
We work on a network, that has a dedicated server and about nine workstations. One workstation is running Microsoft Office XP (2002) and the others are using parts of Office 97 (i.e. one has Excel 97 and Word 97 only, one has Excel 98 and then Word 97, the others have Office 97 but not Access). The problem is one workstation will access an Excel file created by the workstations using Office XP. After changes are made to the file, the workstation tries to save the excel document and it doesn't save it, it gives an error and saves the document as a temporary file. Is this due t...

Search Item Number by Description
Hi all, Are there anyway we can make part search screen wider to show all the description of a part. Right now the description only show partically, it make search part by description become very difficulty. Thank you! Lucy Lucy, Have you tried Modifier? -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Sunstream" wrote: > > Hi all, > > Are there anyway we can make part search screen wider to show all the > description of a part. Right now the description only show partically, it > make search pa...

Export to excel rate of transfer
My download rate (KBps) seems to grind down to a halt for my exports to excel, does anyone have any ideas on why or what that may be caused by or better yet how to fix? For larger exports it becomes rather excruitiating for the users. ...

VBA2D Array<-> Excel
Quick syntax question: is there a way to copy one colunn of a 2D array into excel directly and vice versa? I.e. I have a 200*10VBA array, and I want to plug the value of the 7th column into one Excel Column. Of course I don't want to enter values in Excel one by one. For the moment I fill an intermediary VBA Array of 200*1 with data, and then I use a range("..").value2=that array. I would expect to be able to do things a bit more directly. Any idea? Thanks Charles Charles wrote... .... >is there a way to copy one colunn of a 2D array into excel directly and >vice versa?...

How can i use excel to cut duplicates from a list?
I have a list of e-mail addresses and there are some doubles, rather than filter then ascending and pick out the double manually, is there a way i can do this quickly in excel? Hi Elaine - Assuming that the duplicates are *identical* in each field I'd use the Advanced Filter. Copy the field names (captions) to another location, then click back in the list of records (anywhere in the list) & go to Data> Filter> Advanced Filter. Choose "Copy to Another Location", specify the cells you copied the field names to PLUS the cells immediately below them as the Criteria ...

Multiple distribution lines on a PO for non-inventoried items
When we set up a PO for non-inventoried items, the distribution screen only allows one GL account for distribution. In the case where we want to buy a multiple quantity of an item (say Blackberries for example) and want to charge out each item to a different department, we either have to set up a line for each department's Blackberry, or charge them all to a single account and then redistribute by journal entry. This is a problem because in scenario #1, we have about 90 active departments - alot of keying and a very long PO if we have to set up a line for each one. In scenario 2,...