Click on a link and a picture loads in cell depending on which link you have clicked

Hello

If I have five links in cells A1:A5 with peoples names. How can
get...

e.g.

If I click on Bill in A2 then a picture of Bill loads in cell D1 an
then click Mark and a picture of Mark loads in D1.

Thanks in advanc

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I'm not sure what you mean by link in A1 through A5, but I'd try it this way:

Put all 5 pictures on the worksheet and position them where you want them.

Name them to match the values in A1:A5.
Select the picture for Bill and then type Bill in the name box (to the left of
the formulabar) and hit enter.

After all 5 pictures are named nicely and positioned correctly, right click on
the worksheet tab that needs this behavior.  Select view code and past this in.
Then back to excel and test it out.

It actually doesn't depend on a click--just select the cell (a1:a5) that you
want to show.

Option Explicit

    Dim myPictNames As Variant
    Dim iCtr As Long

    If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub
    If Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:A5")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub

    myPictNames = Array("bill", "jim", "mark", "mary", "peo")

    On Error Resume Next
    For iCtr = LBound(myPictNames) To UBound(myPictNames)
        Me.Pictures(myPictNames(iCtr)).Visible = False
    Next iCtr
    Me.Pictures(Target.Value).Visible = True
    On Error GoTo 0

End Sub

I've pretty much thrown any error checking away with that "on error resume next"
statement.  So be careful when you set it up.

"gatesheadthunde <" wrote:

> Hello
>
> If I have five links in cells A1:A5 with peoples names. How can I
> get...
>
> e.g.
>
> If I click on Bill in A2 then a picture of Bill loads in cell D1 and
> then click Mark and a picture of Mark loads in D1.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)

link to contact from report
Hello all, I have a report which output a list of contacts in CRM. How can I make this list usable? i.e when you click on a name on the list it takes you to the contact in CRM? I think its in the Jump to URL in the action elipsis, but i dont know how to write the code in the expression to link the name to the contact? Can anybody help? Regards Ian You need to right click on the report field and choose NAVIGATION tab on the PROPERTIES dialog. Then use the fx button to open the JUMP TO URL compose window and use an expression similar to this : =IIF(IsNothing(Parameters!CRM_URL.Value...

GP to CRM Integration Link
I guess this is the GP to CRM Integration. Microsoft has done a TERRIBLE job of making this known to customers! I haven't seen an announcement anywhere nor have I heard that it was going to be a free download instead of a separately purchased CD like it has been in the past. Just another failed attempt by Microsoft to do a quality job with their CRM product. https://mbs.microsoft.com/Cms/Templates/document/ProductReleases.aspx?NRMODE=Published&NRORIGINALURL=/customersource/support/downloads/servicepacks/microsoft_crm_connector.htm?printpage=false&NRNODEGUID={15336C4F-F516-4...

How to distinguish right click from left click forNIN_BALLOONUSERC
Hi, In OnTrayIconNotify, my program process NIN_BALLOONUSERCLICK. According to msdn, NIN_BALLOONUSERCLICK was sent when the balloon is dismissed because of a mouse click. Is it possible to distinguish right mouse click from left mouse click for this message? I want my program to open a new window when user left click on the balloontip but pop up the context menu when user right click on the trayicon. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Richard -- Nothing impossible, Nothing easy If you handle it fast enough you could just look at the state of the mouse button when you get the me...

Insert Corner banner diagonally across a picture-"Home 4 Sale"??
Hello all, How do you ionsert a diagonal banner across a document or picture, for example: a picture of a house with a "For Sale" banner across the corner?? Thank you! New2Publisher <New2Publisher@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Hello all, How do you ionsert a diagonal banner across a document or > picture, for example: > a picture of a house with a "For Sale" banner across the corner?? a) Insert WordArt and rotate it using the green rotation handle. b) Insert a text box and rotate it using the green rotation handle. -- E...

Copy a string text to cell if another cell not empty
Hi. I appreciate your help. I need to run a macro to do this Start the cursor in the cell x3 and paste a string text then 2 cells down and past again and this untill ... (but if find the word "lic" in some cell in other column like column B stops to paste the text. I really need your help. Thanks. ...

Linking a one Presentation to Another Presentation
I have several presentations that are linked to my main presentation so when you click a link the secondary presentation opens up. My problem is that everytime I click a link that new presentation opens, which is good, but it doesn't close when I link back to the "home page". Is it possible to have a presentation close when you click the link back to the home page? This sounds like a PowerPoint question? On Mar 17, 8:49=A0am, ElizabethS <Elizabe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have several presentations that are linked to my main presentation so...

named cells not referenced in other sheets
how do i fix this situation? ...

Count and Reset Button Clicks
Hello Experts. I have a Yahtzee game with 2 buttons/2 macros. One button (Roll Dice) rolls the dice (Calculate) and the second button (Next Player) clears all checkboxes on the sheet. However, I'd like to know if there's a way to disable the first button after it's been clicked 3 times, then re-enable it once the second button is clicked and start the count over... Please advise. I thank you for your time. We can use a Global variable to communicate between the two macros: Dim IAmTheCount As Integer Sub FirstButton() If IsEmpty(IAmTheCount) Then I...

Linking Access data to live powerpoint presentation??
Hi I have an access database that I use for storing data. Is it possible to have data from a query displaying 'live' (ie refreshing in real time) in a powerpoint presentation? This powerpoint presentation would be running from another PC that is connected on the network. If so how would I do this? Thanks James On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 05:35:01 -0800, james <james@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I've never done this, but I would think yes. You can use Automation to "talk to" PP and manipulate the objects on a slide. If you did this on a timer tick, ...

Ooh .. Linking a list to a list to an output cell
I have a single cell in which i enter the price of a home. Elsewhere, I have two columns of ten items each: one column is formulated to give relative prices based on the price entered in the single cell, and the column adjacent to this column describes these numbers in nominal terms (i.e. ten items in increments of five percent: "25% more" .. " 0% change" .. "25% less"). Further along, I have a list box created which uses the nominal column at the Source for the list. I would like to have a cell adjacent to the list box cell which will give the price b...

Right mouse click not working
I seem to have turned off my ability to use my right mouse click in Excel. My right mouse button works fine in all other apps (Word, Windows, etc). Any suggestions - I am lost without it. Thanks, Rita See your other thread -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Rita" <heidkampr@alyeska-pipeline.com> wrote in message news:0e8701c49c1d$cd1c5ff0$a301280a@phx.gbl... >I seem to have turned off my ability to use my right > mouse click in Excel. My right mouse button works fine > in all other apps (Word, Windows, etc). > > Any suggestions - I am l...

Adding time to multiple cells using TIMECODE
Hi, I have a spreadsheet with a custom field called TIMECODE that i hav downloaded. It basically means i can annotate what happens during video. i.e 00:01:02 where the fields between : are hours, minutes, seconds If I have a whole load of these in a column, how can i easily ad 00:00:08 to each one... ie add 8 seconds to each cell.... Need help quickly!! -- timroutledg ----------------------------------------------------------------------- timroutledge's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=6 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=64836 Visit - htt...

Move mailbox over 384k satellite link
Hi Has anyone experience moving mailboxes over a satelite link that connects the exchange org. Need to do this for 95 users about 800MB mailbox store....? Any experience out there with this type of setup....? Is Exmerge an option....? Please note this will involve exchange 5.5 -> exchange servers 2003 SP1, intersite mailbox move. Cheers Cam You will have better luck posting this to an Exchange group. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account...

SUM of subtracting and then adding different cell
I want to be able to make a "seperate cell" that will ony hold a $ amount in it and then when I put new numbers into two other cells it will give the sum of thoe two and then add the seperate one...something goofie like this... =SUM(LMNO18-LMNO19+"SEPERATE CELL") -- Life is a beach...then you forget your suit...Deal with it and go skinny dippin Hmmmm, I got it...It was =SUM(L18-L19+H5) -- Life is a beach...then you forget your suit...Deal with it and go skinny dippin "Kurt" wrote: > I want to be able to make a "seperate cell" that will ...

Creating a form that can be dragged from any click within the 'Detail' section
Hi all, I'm trying to create a dashboard and I want the form to be moveable, however I have removed the control box and I don't want the form to have a border (hence no title row that can be used to drag the form). How do I allow a click from either a control or the detail section to enable the form to be dragged? Any help would be appreciated. Cheers, Bob Phil I agree with your suggestions to stick with the standard Window UI. But if the OP really must have this interface it is possible using the Form's MouseMove etc. events. I and others have posted code how to do this ov...

Payroll Posting Setup
The payroll posting account setup function in Great Plains is extremely cumbersome, so we would like to maintain the data on an Excel spreadsheet and when changes are made import the file into Great Plains. This raises a few questions. One, is this a single table within Great Plains? Two, what is the name of the table? Three, is anyone else doing this or are there some strong reasons not to attempt this? Thanks, Bruce UPR40500 is the table. You will need to use GL00105 for the account index, which is stored in the table instead of the account string. I think this is a great ide...

linking and formatting
I am able to link cells from worksheet to worksheet with the exception of the fomatting. I'm trying to create a master worksheet by updating specific individual worksheets. However I can't get the colors or comments to link. Please help. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ J, Linking yields the value from the linked cell, but not the formatting. If the formatting was applied via conditional formatting in the source cell, you could use the same...

number format problem in linked chart
Hi I've got a chart which contains a link to information in other workbooks as part of a series. The number format is to one decimal place on each of the workbooks and provided they are all open the series shown in the chart are fine. When the other workbooks are closed the number formatting reverts to 9 decimal places. Is there any way to correct this? Thanks Kay - What if you format the number formats in the linked chart, overwriting the format in the source data? (The Linked to Source checkbox in the Format-Number dialog should be cleared.) - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Mi...

Double Click To Calculate
I have a field where I sometimes need to manually enter an amount but sometimes I need it to calculate an amount based on 2 other fields. I know this is not normalized data but this is how we need to run this particular field. I would like to setup the field to allow me to manually enter data most of the time, but then calculate when I double click. The calculation would be [totalpartsCost]/0.8. I just don't know how to create the code it in the event procedure. In the double click event of the textbox, add the code: me.[yourtextboxname]= [totalpartsCost]/0.8 This assumes totalpartsc...

Can't open the hypertext link in my e-mail.
Hello all, I have been using Microsoft Outlook and recently I found that I can't open the hypertext in my e-mail. When I click it, a window comes up, which is like the one that apprears when I am trying to save a file on my computer. Is anyone who knows how to fix this problem out there? Thank you. thickface <kimfinale@gmail.com> wrote: > I have been using Microsoft Outlook and recently I found that I can't > open the hypertext in my e-mail. When I click it, a window comes up, > which is like the one that apprears when I am trying to save a file on > my computer...

Identities makes my drive go click, click, click
One of my Office 2001 users cannot launch an Office application=20 without her drive making a strange, recurring sequence of three clicks.=20 Entourage will not open at all, giving the user and I/O error instead.=20 Other Office apps will eventually open. In an effort to move her to Office for OS X, I've tried to copy the = Office=20 2001 Identities folder to another Mac, but it fails to copy both under=20 Mac OS 9.2.2 and Jaguar. It seems to hang on the Database file=20 particularly. If it were simply a corrupted file, I would not expect the odd drive = noise=20 (click, click, click.......

Linking workbooks: links not live
Hi, all. I'd appreciate your comments on w I keep one detailed master matrix in Excel 2007 for some documentation, to track my workflow. I created a second workbook to give managers a less detailed view, by hiding columns, saving the new workbook with a new name, and linking the master and the quickview. For reasons I don't fully understand, I can't Enable This Content to automatically update links, and not all the links have been working. When I repeated the process, the links appeared in the quickview, but were not live. I checked, and there was a 1:1 match ...

data validation
I have used MS Excell 97 and would like to define the validation rul over the celles in one column, so that text(or number) value entered i the every next cell to be unique in relation to the all previou completed celles. If somebody knows the decision of the problem -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try Debra Dalgleish's page at: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal07.html (Prevent Duplicates) -- Rgds Max xl 97 -- Please respond, in newsgroup xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com --- "doynovam >" <<doynovam.14at0j@excelforum-nospam.com> wr...

Linking errors with MFC Dialog Based application and Crypto++
Hi, For quite long now I've been trying to get the Crypto++ ([url]www.cryptopp.com[/url]) library working with a simple MFC Dialog Based application. The strange thing is that a Win32 console application links and works fine with the same settings :-| Here are the errors I'm getting: > > --------------------Configuration: dialog - Win32 > Debug-------------------- > Linking... > LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol ""public: __thiscall > std::ios_base::Init::Init(void)" (??0Init@ios_base@std@@QAE@XZ)" > imported > LINK : warni...