choice selection button in a cell

Hi,

I need to have a choice/radio button in a cell, wherein the user can
just choose only one option instead of choosing from the drop down menu
that appears against a cell when data validation method is used.

Ex : User has to choose one of the 3 options shown in a cell.

Can someone in this forum share the knowledge of how to go about
achieving the same ?

my skills are very limited and have only used the existing functions in
xls.

--
jkkumar
jkkumar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30891

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I'd show the Forms toolbar.
Then put a frame around that cell
Add 3 option buttons completely within that frame
Assign a linked cell to one of the option buttons to be able to determine which
choice was made.

jkkumar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to have a choice/radio button in a cell, wherein the user can
> just choose only one option instead of choosing from the drop down menu
> that appears against a cell when data validation method is used.
>
> Ex : User has to choose one of the 3 options shown in a cell.
>
> Can someone in this forum share the knowledge of how to go about
> achieving the same ?
>
> my skills are very limited and have only used the existing functions in
> xls.
>
> --
> jkkumar
> jkkumar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30891
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=505657

--

Dave Peterson
0

OWA password button opens email
Hello, Exchange 2003 sp2, server 2003. In OWA when users click on change password, a 404 error appaears, then redirects and opens another window of OWA. Any idea's? TIA, Eric Hi, You have followed this ( http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297121/en-us ) to enable the change password feature? Leif "Eric K" <EricK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1EAE5451-4DCB-4D17-A6BA-AAEB02824644@microsoft.com... > Hello, > Exchange 2003 sp2, server 2003. In OWA when users click on change > password, > a 404 error appaears, then redirects and opens another...

restrict view of certain cells in excel
I am trying to restrict access to some users in excel. I am trying to make it so those that do not have the password can view the sheet "read only" but cannot view certain cells. Those that do have the password can view all cells. Perhaps save as 2 Workspaces? http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/save-as-workspace.htm -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Firemann25" <Firemann25@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA92F134-6CDD-438A-85A8-473AC0F4D57B@microsoft.com... >I am trying to restrict access to some users in excel. I am tryi...

Limit choices in one cell dependent based on choice in other cell
Does anybody know if and how to limit the choices in one cell (from a list) based on the choice (from a list) in another cell? For example, if (from a list) they pick "Customer Communication" in say column M, they would only get the choice of three issues (instead of the entire list) in column N. Thanks! Mahaas Debra Dalgleish shows how to use dependent lists with data|validation here: http://contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html michelle.haas@xerox.com wrote: > > Does anybody know if and how to limit the choices in one cell (from a > list) based on the choice (from a list) ...

Evaluate VLOOKUP in cells in column
Using Excel2003, I have copyied and modified the following code which essentially should fill the value of VLOOKUP(E2,AgeGroup,2) in cells F2:F64500 but I just Cannot seem to get it right. Would really appreciate assistance. Have no VBA knowledge. Sub AgeGroup() Dim i As Long Dim j As Long Application.Goto Reference:="R2C6" For j = 6 To 6 Step 1 For i = 2 To 64501 Step 1 Cells(i, j).Resize(1).FormulaR1C1 = _ Evaluate("VLOOKUP(RC[-1],AgeGroup,2)") Next i Next j End Sub Thank you -- Robert Try along the lines of Range(Cells(1, 1),Cel...

automatic total of selected cells
Usually if I select a column or row of cells, I can see the total at the bottom of the worksheet - this seems to have disappeared. How do I get it back? I know this is dead simple, but I can't find the answer in help. The area is called the Status Bar. Right-click the Bar and select the desired function to appear there. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200826 "MarlboroughT&C" wrote: > Usually if I select a column or row of cells, I can see the total at the > bottom of the worksheet - this seems to have disappeared. How do I get it > back? I know this is de...

Trying to display number and text in same cell
Hi, I have a basic question which I still can't resolve even after finding the specific section on the subject in the Excel 2002 help file (Grrr!). I want to enter a number in a cell, and have it treated by Excel as a number, and after the number in the same cell, write free form text appropriate for that particular number alone. If I do that for 3 rows for example, I want the ability to add the numbers in the resulting column, such as the following: cell A1 says: $5 value of John's cars cell A-2 says: $2 value of Sue's stock cell A-3 says: $7 value of Bill's comp...

Need help with SELECT please.
SQL2005/2008. I have a #stageaddr table and need to compare the address with AddrData table and return the loannum and correct adddress fro AddrData table. The trick is #stageAddr has a lot of garbage data which I import from Excel. Here is the business rules below and desire results as well. Any help would greatly appreciate. IF OBJECT_ID('Tempdb.dbo.#AddrData', 'u') IS NOT NULL DROP TABLE #AddrData GO CREATE TABLE #AddrData ( LoanNum VARCHAR(10) NULL, PropertyAddr1 VARCHAR(60) NULL, PropertyAddr2 VARCHAR(60) NULL ...

How to do math on cells with letters
Hi, I'm trying to figure out portion info for food nutrition. I have a sheet that has nutrition facts etc. However the columns will often have letters like g, mg, mcg (grams miligrams, micrograms etc) b12=33g d3=3 Well, =b12/d3 = 0 because the letter is throwing it off. Is there a way I can ignore letters in a field so I can still perform math on those fields? One thought, remove the letter using SUBSTITUTE then do/force a calculation on the resulting text number =SUBSTITUTE(B12,"g","")/D3 "ZenMasta" <me@nospamkthx.bai> wrote i...

Excel blows up when selecting a formula
When trying to select a userdefined function Excel blows up.Even when I try to expand the combobox it blows up. Has anyone had this problem before? Thanks, Carl CJS, Excel, in certain situations, goes nuts with user-defined functions. But you need to say more about where the UDF is called, and what it has to do with a combo box. And what kind of combo box. What exactly does "select a userdefined function" mean. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "CJS" <csadlier@vodavi.com> wrote in messa...

Removing choices from combobox query but stilling showing for older entries
I have a form, frmMain that lists staff names in a combobox from a query into a lookup table. The table, lkpStaff has 3 fields, StaffID, Staff and ShowInViews. The RowSource Query for the combobox is: SELECT lkpStaff.ThingID, lkpStaff.Thing FROM lkpStaff WHERE (((lkpStaff.ShowInViews)=True)); The combobox ControlSource is the field Staff in tblMain which is populated from frmMain. By unchecking ShowInViews for staff that are no longer employed I can remove them from the combo's dropdown. However, of course, it also removes those staff names from older entries. I w...

Formatting Cells #5
I am a newbie to Excel. I have a workbook that I would like to format some of the cells. First of all I did not create the workbook, but I can't see any protection set for the workbook. There is a range of cells on one of the sheets that when I right-click in the cells and select format (or on the toolbar), nothing happens, however, if I click outside the range of cells I can right-click and select format and the format options window opens and I can format all elements of the cell. Is there something that could be checked that is preventing me from being able to format these ce...

Install Module choices mapped to Help Menu Module Listing
Hello, when installing GPv10 you have choices of what to install. For example: EFT for Receivables, Electronic Bank Reconciliation, Professional Services Tools Library, etc. But when you go under Help>Options and display the registration report it's not a one-to-one mapping of what you chose when doing the install. For example modules listed in my registration report that are not registered are Cashbook Bank Management, Bank One Commercial Card Integration, Bank One Direct Paycheck Card Integration. I don't know if these are mapped to EFT for Receivables or Electronic Bank Recon...

Cell Values Not There ???
I'm using VBA code in Excel 2007. I am having a strange problem. The cells have content. Some of them, but not all of them, are selected from Data Validation lists (drawn from a named range). However, when I try to access their values in VBA, it says they are empty!'' For example, the simple code: Debug.Print "Cell value is: " & ActiveSheet.Cells(2, 7).Value results in the output: Cell value is: I even tried the following code, to make sure it was not a problem with the ActiveSheet reference: ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Form").Cells(2, 7)....

Choices to display dependent on previous choices...
I've been trying to find this answer in the Help and in the forums, but must be using the wrong terminology. My form has a drop down field called "1." and a drop down field called "2.". I want to do something like this: Field 1: A. B. C. If you choose A. then Field 2 populates with specific choices, if you choose b. then those choices are different etc. So: Field 1 Field 2 A. a. b. c. B. d. e. ...

Cell Character Limitation???
Does anyone know if there is a limit on the number of characters (text and/or numbers) that will show in a cell? I have a worksheet that has long-winded email text pasted into a cell, and no matter what I do to change the width, the text doesn't want to wrap after about 400 characters. 256 i think -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Laura Brown" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:843FE413-16BA-45DC-84F0-8886DB54BB87@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know if there is a limit on the number of characters (text and/or numbers) that wi...

Open Report from Command Button in Form
I have tried several codes from the discussion group and I can not get my report to open correctly, where is shows the current record only. It may be because of the text box I am linking it to...it is my primary key in my table and I have it sharing a relationship with other tables. In the text box it says tblDivePlan.DiveID in the control source, is that why I am having troubles?? Please help!! JennJenn Also I am getting an error message that says ... specified field '[DiveID]' could refer to more than one table listed FROM clause of your SQL statement .... &...

option buttons...
Hi Guys, How do i get a selected option button to set the value of anothe cell? Many Thanks, ne -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Nev First you must have each seperate groups of button surronded by a Group Bo 1) Right click one of the buttons in the group 2) Select "Format Control" and go to the Control ta 3) Assign a linked cel Now the linked cell will display a number corresponding to the selected button. You can now use an IF statement or LOOKUP function with the linked cell as a reference Good Luck Mark Graesse mark_graesser@yahoo.co Boston M ...

Cursor cell selection "won't release"
This is happening within an open spreadsheet. Somehow I have accidentally hit something or some combination of keys that makes the cursor "stuck" in selection mode. I've tried escape, enter, and a variety of combinations like control scroll and it just won't stop. I have had this happen before though can't remember how we got it to stop. I will print out the answer if someone is able to tell me the trick and it works. It is a very frustrating situation because even if you contol-alt-delete and end the program, when you restart Excel and open the spreads...

cannot apply the default chart type to the selected data
I can no longer create any pivots charts. The error message I get is "Cannot apply the default chart type to the selected data". How do I resolve this? My data sources have not changed. Thanks, Pick a different chart type, aka change your default (at least temproarily). For instance, you can't have an XY scatter chart be your default chart when making PivotCharts. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "sam" wrote: > I can no longer create any pivots charts. The error message I get is "Cannot > app...

Selecting and dragging text within Excel 2007
I'm having difficulty selecting and dragging portions of text within a cell to another with my mouse. I think I used to be able to do this in Excel 2003 - but can't now. Any ideas? You never did this in Excel 2003 unless I am misinterpreting. You want to select part of a string in a cell and drag it to another cell? Cut and paste, copy and paste........drag, no. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 13:55:15 -0800, Kunyi <Kunyi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm having difficulty selecting and dragging portions of text within a cell ...

Problem with Chart drawing blank cells as zero
Hi I am currently trying to create an excel line chart showing cumulative baseline vs Cumulative Actual vs forecast actual lines (the forecast line is a continuation of the Actual to date line) which I have done - but am trying to automate it so it is 'more user friendly' and can be created at the touch of a macro. The problem I am having is that one of the formulae i am using looks up a date in the timescale and if it is in the future I want it to leave the cell bank (using the "" option" - problem is the chart then decides this is not a blank cell it is a zero ...

I'm trying to use combo boxes to select info to be shown in a text
I'm trying to use a group of combo boxes to select a count of a query in a form or report. Currently I have three variables on the form I want to use and have a text box show the counts of instances within a particular query. =DCount("[MXGPC-WKCTR STRIPPED] & [DAFSC] & [ACT-GR]","qry4monthprojectionloss","[MXGPC-WKCTR STRIPPED] = 'rptfrm.form![1st Workcenter]' and [ DAFSC]='rptfrm.form![1st DAFSC]' and [ACT-GR]= 'rptfrm.form![ACT-GR1]'") If I replace the form refrences (rptfrm.fomr![1st Workcenter]) with specific c...

Random Selections
Hi all, I have a spreadsheet with a colum of 200 I.D. numbers. 01A 01F 02C 02H etc. Each week I have to randomly select 10 of the 200. Is there an Excel function that will do this for me? Thanks Greg On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 14:43:10 +0800, "Greg" <greg@crannage.com> wrote: >Hi all, >I have a spreadsheet with a colum of 200 I.D. numbers. >01A >01F >02C >02H >etc. > >Each week I have to randomly select 10 of the 200. > >Is there an Excel function that will do this for me? Not really; I have one way of doing it which will probably only prove th...

I need a formula that will return the value of a cell next to a cell with searchable data. TIA
Thanks in advance guys and girls, I've created a spreadsheet that plays a game. Each row of the spreadsheet represents a new game with a different outcome. I need a formula in a cell that will search across that row, find a word "TRUE" and then display the contents of the cell one cell to the right of the cell with the word "TRUE" in it. FALSE Fred FALSE Fred TRUE Fred FALSE Sky FALSE Sky FALSE Sky FALSE Sky FALSE Sky FALSE Sky So i need the last cell (blank) in this row to return "Fred" cause "Fred" is next to the right of "True". I...

Email Choice?
I am using Outlook (for business) and Outlook Express (for personal use). Is there a way for me to have a choice of which email client to use other than a default setting when sending an email? Thanks in advance. Ray lobo wrote: > I am using Outlook (for business) and Outlook Express (for personal use). Is > there a way for me to have a choice of which email client to use other than > a default setting when sending an email? > > Thanks in advance. > Ray > > I'm afraid not but you might want to consider moving your personal email to Outlook as Outlook ...