Checking a Check Box in Excel

How do I check a check box in Excel.  I need to know what to put in

Private Sub CheckBox1_Click()
'this bit here'
End Su

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Private Sub CheckBox1_Click()
if checkbox1.Value = True then
  msgbox "box is checked"
else
  msgbox "box is not checked"
End if
End Sub

--
Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"Frenchie" <Frenchie.yhnem@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> How do I check a check box in Excel.  I need to know what to put in
>
> Private Sub CheckBox1_Click()
> 'this bit here'
> End Sub
>

> ---

twogilvy (1078)

merge MSN Bill Pay & Checking Acct

Control printing according to list box options
I have two list box's that control the report that is going to print. Text20 is the list box that displays the shed number, and the drop down list varies depending on what sheds are in the table. if a shed number is added or deleted, it is also added or deleted in the list drop down box.The row source is: SELECT DISTINCT [98MatingRecords].[SHED #] FROM 98MatingRecords ORDER BY [98MatingRecords].[SHED #]; The second is Text22, this list box has the sections in it and the sections are controled by the shed number, some sheds have 1 section some have 6 and some have 3 or 4, so the dro...

Excel won't load
Excel begins to load(I see my name below logo), but then closes with 'Microsoft Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close'. I can, however, open Excel only in Safe Mode but only in the Administrator log-in, not my own user acct. I am not part of network. Other Office XP programs ok. Files are there as I can copy them and open on another computer. I have run several virus/adware scans, tried clean boot(not sure if successful), have deleted all .xlb files, I had no add-ins checked. There are no files in any of my 3 XL Start folders. I have donwloaded latest Installer 3.0...

How do I create Check list

Sorting Items in a Combo Box...
I have a Combo Box that is sub-classed. I want the items in the list to be sorted by the lParam of the item and then alphabetically (upper and lower case separately). The dialog control being sub-classed has the Sort property set to true, but it isn't sorting them, or if it is, it is doing so in reverse of what I want. For example, the list contains "r, D, .s, .., and ." which is the order is displays them in from top to bottom, but I want the reverse ("., .., .s, D, r"). I tried setting up the CompareItem(), but it doesn't seem to be called. FWIW: - The Co...

Outlook (and Excel) stops working after MSXML installation
I installed MSXML 4.0 as per the "critical updates" message on my W98 today. After re-boot, when I try to open Outlook I get message "Unable to open your defauilt mail folder - the information store could not be opened" and then "Would you like to open your default file system folder instead?" - this is no good and I can't find anything. I can't open Excel either, I get messages about Visual Basic and when I close it, I get message "This process will stop the debugger". I now have a shortcut on my desktop "Microsoft MXL 4.0 parser&...

Authorizing checks with RMS

Easiest way to create forms with Excel?
Hi all - apologies if this is a FAQ question, was unable to find good answers there. My organization often needs to distribute various 'forms' designed in Excel. People will fill them in, (often print a copy and) send the filled-in sheets back to us. There are a lot of problems with this: people will modify stuff where they're not supposed to, will leave 'mandatory' options blank, and the process of copying/pasting data for further processing once we get the filled in sheet is laborious. For various reasons we need to stay with Excel (i.e. Access, or redoing everything a...

Excel; tabbing through protected worksheet
I have a protected worksheet with several sections of merged cells. When selecting cells prior to protecting I select in the order I want the user to tab. When leaving the first merged cell by tabbing, and the user is moved to the next cell tabbing from that cell bring you back to the previous merged cell. I am thinking that Excel thinks it needs to go to next row of the merged cell. Can I get over this hurddle and convince Excel to continue moving forward? Easy workaround. Remove the merged cells which cause no end of problems and limit functionality...............one ...

Linking workbooks in Excel
I'm trying to link two workbooks. The information I enter in the first workbook is the master copy and I would like this same information to be updated in the second workbook. I use the second workbook as the updated status which I send to clients. I usually create two workbooks and then enter the information twice, once in the master workbook and again in the client's copy - tedious and incorrect, I'm sure. Thank you for your help. Just some thoughts .. if the 2 books were identical (probably not?), just send over a copy* of your master would satisfy ? *say, a frozen copy ...

No Programs are showing up in the ADD/Remove program Box
XP Home to XP Pro Upgrade - clean install. Interestingly enough System Retore is disabled/stopped and I can not restore the service. Tried Regedit and looked for prog names >63 char, but none found under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall. Any suggestions.... "Matthew" <Matthew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:494DD812-4BDD-473D-9936-5FBE50DE2F4D@microsoft.com... > XP Home to XP Pro Upgrade - clean install. > Interestingly enough System Retore is disabled/stopped and I can not > restore >...

excel 97 problems
Each time i try to save my changes i get a message stating there has encountered a problem and needs to shut down. My pc is on a local network, where I am primary. The other machine can save without a problem and those changes do appear on my machine but I am unable to save Clean out your temp files, clean out your Temp Internet Files (include offline content) "Ken" <cls@peoplepc.com> wrote in message news:001801c381e4$d0ed8720$a301280a@phx.gbl... : Each time i try to save my changes i get a message stating : there has encountered a problem and needs to shut down. My : p...

Opening Excel Problem
Reply to windsurf222@hotmail.com Hi I was trying to open excel on my Pentium 2, windows 98. I have office 2000 premium, the excel version. As soon as I click on the icon, and the the opening page appears, all of a sudden the screen changes rapidfire speed and it starts going thru the sheets up to about 500 or however much it goes up to. I can stop it by cntrl, alt, dlt and them hitting end task. What is going on ? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling same thing. If I look at excel on the cd, it's fine. I turned off norton anti virus. George Try opening Excel in safe mode, then go to t...

Can I create custom forms to add data to a Excel Spreadsheet? How.
see this site http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html#UserForm it has a sample WB that you download. good online instructions. >-----Original Message----- > >. > ...

Printing Checks

why can't i type in plain text control boxes?
I am building a template in Word 2007. In the content controls I have the option of using rich text or plain text. When I choose the plain text and protect the document to filling in forms I can not type in the content control box. Yet when I use Rich text I can't tab over to the next content control box as it tabs within the control box. All I want to be able to do is type in the control box and be able to tab to the next. Did you by any chance set the text controls so they cannot be edited? Undo that and you should be able to tab from text control to text control with ...

Employee Check Format-Graphical

Conditional formatting in Excel 2007
i have a worksheet with a list of prospects. I want the row to be conditionally formatted when a change one cell to "quote". i can get that particular cell to change, but i want it for the whole row! Can anyone help? -- Brad Let's assume you want to highlight the range A1:E1 if E1 = quote. Select the range A1:E1 Goto Home tab>Styles>Conditional Formatting>New Rule>Use a formula to determine....... Enter this formula: =$E1="quote" Click the Format button Select the desired style(s) OK out -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "SalesBK" <Sale...

Unable to Open Excel #2
I have been experiencing a problem over the past couple of days trying to open Excel. I am using Excel 2000. Every time I try to open the application the following message appears: " Excel.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created" When I try to restart the program I still get the same error message. I have also tried to reboot and the same error message occurs. I can see all my excel files when I go into Explorer but I can not open any of the files. Please let me know if anyone has any ...

"Excel Services" does not appear in Publish menu
Hi, I'm using Excel 2007, and the "Excel Services" button does not appear, as it is supposed to do, in the "Publish" menu of the Office button. And when I try to add it to the Quick launch toolbar, it does not appear neither. Does someone has an idea ? Fabien Majurel Fabien, Do you have one of the correct SKUs for this functionality? This feature is only availalble with Office Professional Plus 2007 and Office Enterprise 2007. -Sean "Fabien Majurel" <fabien.majurel@bewise.fr> wrote in message news:1E9F5ABC-55F4-4505-87FD-1AF481E12B05@micro...

Check Names = "Exchange Server computer is busy..."
Here's what I got: Active Directory on Server 2003 1 Domain Controller also running DNS and WINS No other DNS or WINS servers (I know, I know) Static IP Addresses...NO DHCP Exchange Server 2003 on a member server Client running W2K SP4 Outlook 2000 SP3 Exchange has 4 mailboxes set, but nobody is using it. I'm still testing things out. When I try to connect to Exchange via my Outlook 2000, I get the following message: "The function cannot be performed because the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is busy. Try again later" I've tried it from 3 different client comp...

File name list in the open dialog box.
In the open dialog box, how to delete the list of files appearing in the file name drag down menu in excel 2007? Not sure where you are finding this list. Do you mean the Recent Documents you see when you click on the Button? You can clear that by setting your MRU list to 0 under Button>Excel Options>Advanced>Display. If you mean the list you see when you go to Button>Open then you will have to set a new default file path to a folder that is empty. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 09:10:01 -0800, Acs <Acs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...