Chart line is discontinuous

Hello,

A similar problem to my last. I have entered data from reading sheets and
not every date/time has a data point. I have noticed that if there is no
date/time the chart does not draw the line between data points. Please help
me out with this.
0
LadyExcel (5)
4/9/2009 6:03:01 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You can set your chart options (Tools, Options, Chart tab) to treat empty
cells as not plotted (leave gaps) zero or interpolated.

--
Steve

"Lady Excel" <LadyExcel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> A similar problem to my last. I have entered data from reading sheets and
> not every date/time has a data point. I have noticed that if there is no
> date/time the chart does not draw the line between data points. Please
> help
> me out with this.

0
AltaEgo

Legend on Chart

Demographic chart?

Excel 2007 Line Chart with Markers

Charting/ Graph question

Chart in Chart

How do I create a chart....

Line graphs in Excel 2007
I am trying to plot weekly sales in a given year. Eventually in a year, there will be 52 weeks of sales labeled date,this yr sales,last yr. sales. I am using a line graph. Everything is working fine except: I would like excel to automatically update my chart for each week that I have sales data for. In the near fuure,when I enter data for the months of Oct,Nov,Dec and the last part of Sept., I would like Excel to automatically update my chart. I have tried to in my data table, put all the weeks of the year in the table and as I get sales data, enter them into the table. The chart will upd...

Chart items moving around

How To Chart A Formula in Excel 2007

create chart from external application
Hi, I would like to know if this is possible.... I have an application that contains an hierarchical chart. I would like to export this data into a format that Visio can *understand*, and then import it into Visio and have it display in a hierarchical manner. Does any body know if this is possible to do. .....or, if there is another way of getting my data into Visio, can you please let me know. Thanks. Here is an article that describes how to automate the org chart wizard, and how to format your data: http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/2002/articles/spotlight5_July00.aspx Hope ...

print a chart over multiple pages
I am trying to stretch a chart over multiple pages, but i just can't get it to work. I have tried all i can think including attempting to print areas individually. Any ideas? i'm using excel 2003. Thanks Hi, If the chart is on a chart page, this will not work. If the chart is embedded on a sheet, and you select the chart, it will not work. What you need to do is embed the chart and then select the range "behind - under" the chart, then you can use all of the print options, thereby printing one chart across multiple pages. Cheers, Shane "OEB1527" <O...

Purchase Line Items in SmartList
I using GP 7.0 I generate a SmartList Report in the Purchase Line Items where I need to see all POs with the Document Status = OPEN. There are some POs that status should be history because they were fully received against. How do I change the document status to history? Also, I notice some items on the PO were not completely received and the remaining items are canceled. Example I purchase 250 I received 240 so I canceled 10 remaining items. How can I move this PO into history so it will not show up as open? Thanks in advance for your help, Kevin You need to go to to Routines>...

Embed Chart
Is it possible to link a chart into my current worksheet like an embedded chart (or something)? Thanx. Brian - I'm not sure what you're asking. If you copy a chart from one workbook (or worksheet) and paste it into another, it will retain its links to the original source of its data. You can change its source data (to its new parent worksheet) using Source Data from the Chart menu. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ briank wrote: > Is it possible to link a chart into my current worksheet > like an...

Names on a Bubble Chart
Hi There, I am wondering on how I can put the "names" on my bubbles...? I've the following data where I would like to make a bubble chart with ... The bubble chart in itself works fine, I just do not manage to get the corresponding name (Product1, 2,...) on each bubble: NS AGP Growth Product1 9,052,494 22 (31) Product2 1,574,341 32 (25) Product3 1,759,511 3 (45) Product4 1,539,132 13 (69) Any thoughts? Jen ...

A Chart in a Chart ?
Is it possible to create a chart within another chart? If not - Is it possible to view a chart within another chart? Jim -- jamesasmithsr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jamesasmithsr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24101 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=377093 you can save a chart inside a second chart. Make the first chart and have it on its own sheet make the second chart and set its location as an object in the first chart sheet "jamesasmithsr" wrot...

Excel Chart Source Data
Is it possible to update Excel Chart Source Data for Multiple Chart where the ranges are exactly the same? We have a large workbook containing 25 worksheets with charts that ar linked to another Master Workbook. The charts display data for a rolling 12 month timescale and so th source data needs to be manually updated each month to reflect th current rolling 12 month timescale e.g May 2003 to April 2004 cell range A1:Z1 would need to be updated t reflect June 2003 to May 2004 to B1:AA1 There are 100 charts so manually updating the Source Data is tim consuming-as the cell references are the ...

Refreshing Chart
Hi I am using VBA code in Access to send revenue figures per month for th year to Excel there is a chart which shows this information already i Excel which just updates when the new information is sent. There i also calculated fields in Excel which calculate the revenue by quarte this is also graphed. The problem is that although the quarterly data updates when ne information is sent, the graph which plots it does not. I have trie the .refresh command on the chart but this does nothing. Can anyone suggest anything ? Cheers Bria ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Messag...

Charting Time Series Data
I want to replicate the graph format shown in the first graph of the following article: [url="http://www.dmreview.com/article_sub.cfm?articleId=1031173"] I think this format would work well for my purposes, though my data is slightly different: Campaign/ Tracking Period /Mail or Control/ Response Rate Jan 30-days Mail 1.25% Jan 30-days Control 0.15% Jan 60-days Mail 2.39% Jan 60-days Control 0.41% Feb 30-days Mail 1.50% Feb 30-days Control 0.25% Feb 60-days Mail 3.71% Feb 60-days Control 0.98% I'd like to have "columns" of line graphs where each column ...

Line Drawing Between Separated Data Points ?
Hello: Have a chart made from a table that has bolood pressure readings as a function of dates. Some dates are skipped. The chart generated now connects a line between all the dates points that are there, sequentially, irrespective of whether there are points for all the (daily) dates. Is it possible for the generated chart to have the line missing for dates for which there is no data, and then to resume connecting the dots between actual data ponts ? Graph looks funny for data points connected for each day, which is what I want of course, and then a line connecting two points perhap...

Chart Callouts
Is it possible to insert a callout or other object into a chart and hav it be linked to a particular point. i.e. I'd like to note certai changes in a time based trend, and I'd like the callout to remai linked to a point, so that when I update the trend monthly, it remain attached to the point in the trend rather than just staying in the sam physical location. Is this possible? Help would be greatly appreciated -- MD ----------------------------------------------------------------------- MDK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1635 View th...