Chart Color Defaults

I'm not a big fan of Excel's default chart colors.  I can change them as
needed & experiment w/ what looks best, but are there any downloads that
would allow me to conveniently reset the colors in one fell swoop?  Thanks.
--
Jay
0

Jay wrote:
> I'm not a big fan of Excel's default chart colors.  I can change them as
> needed & experiment w/ what looks best, but are there any downloads that
> would allow me to conveniently reset the colors in one fell swoop?  Thanks.
> --
> Jay

Why not just create a  macro that you could run that sets the default
colours?

Sub Reset_Chart_Colours()

ActiveChart.......

End Sub

It all depends on what type of graph it is but xlAutomatic may work for
you as a parameter for colours.

Stopher

I've just cobbled a workbook together that provides some workbook
color options.  It changes the entire color palette so as to display
color variations for Red, Blue, Green, Yellow and Gray/Black.
Each palette displays near white for colorindex 1 to
a dark shade of the specified color at colorindex 56.
Choose color from a dropdown box.

If anyone is interested, email me and I will forward it.
Remove xxx from my email address... jim.coneXXX@rcn.comXXX
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Jay" <Jay@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message
I'm not a big fan of Excel's default chart colors.  I can change them as
needed & experiment w/ what looks best, but are there any downloads that
would allow me to conveniently reset the colors in one fell swoop?  Thanks.
--
Jay
0
jim.coneXXX (771)
9/27/2006 4:51:27 PM
Ask for the "Color Options" workbook.
--
Jim Cone

wrote in message
I'm not a big fan of Excel's default chart colors.  I can change them as
needed & experiment w/ what looks best, but are there any downloads that
would allow me to conveniently reset the colors in one fell swoop?  Thanks.
--
Jay
0
jim.coneXXX (771)

Excel Content Type issue, shows default not assigned type.
Question about the way Content Types work between Word and Excel. I have a several content types set up 6 using Excel and one using Word. I'm seeing a weird behavior, where when I associated the content types with a document library, and select new on the Toolbar. In the document properties panel, the Word document shows the content type that is assigned however the Excel documents show the document libraries default content type, and there are no options to change it until I save the document. Steps 1. I create a library to house the documents used as templates for the ...

Legend on Chart

Demographic chart?

Excel 2007 Line Chart with Markers

Charting/ Graph question

Changing background color in multiple files?
I want to change the background color in hundreds of .doc files. To do so one at a time would take hours. Is there any way of doing this for all the files at once? You could modify the method in the article "Find & ReplaceAll on a batch of documents in the same folder" at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/BatchFR.htm -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "MICROSOFT" <blah@blah.blah> wrote in message news:op.u6fsyvsq...

Chart in Chart

How do I create a chart....

Chart items moving around

How toChange color of first letter inEach word ofA column at once
Just imagine cell A1 "all". Now imagine cell A2 containing "ball" and then cell A3 containing "call" and so on for many more words in this A column. How can I change the color of just the first letter of every word in this column? As long as the cell contains text (not a formula and not a number), you can highlight the first letter of each cell in the formulabar and use Format|Cells (xl2003 menus) to change the font color. You could use a macro to do the work, too: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myCell As Range Dim myRng As Range ...

Default pivot table function
Is there any way of having the default pivot table function come up as SUM rather than COUNT? I use them a lot, and it gets annoying to have to change it 99% of the time! TIA Hi AFAIK you can't change this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mike Boardman wrote: > Is there any way of having the default pivot table function come up > as SUM rather than COUNT? > > I use them a lot, and it gets annoying to have to change it 99% of > the time! > > TIA Frank Thanks for that - I had a horrible feeling it might not be the case! It does rather beg the quest...

How To Chart A Formula in Excel 2007

create chart from external application
Hi, I would like to know if this is possible.... I have an application that contains an hierarchical chart. I would like to export this data into a format that Visio can *understand*, and then import it into Visio and have it display in a hierarchical manner. Does any body know if this is possible to do. .....or, if there is another way of getting my data into Visio, can you please let me know. Thanks. Here is an article that describes how to automate the org chart wizard, and how to format your data: http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/2002/articles/spotlight5_July00.aspx Hope ...

print a chart over multiple pages
I am trying to stretch a chart over multiple pages, but i just can't get it to work. I have tried all i can think including attempting to print areas individually. Any ideas? i'm using excel 2003. Thanks Hi, If the chart is on a chart page, this will not work. If the chart is embedded on a sheet, and you select the chart, it will not work. What you need to do is embed the chart and then select the range "behind - under" the chart, then you can use all of the print options, thereby printing one chart across multiple pages. Cheers, Shane "OEB1527" <O...

Embed Chart
Is it possible to link a chart into my current worksheet like an embedded chart (or something)? Thanx. Brian - I'm not sure what you're asking. If you copy a chart from one workbook (or worksheet) and paste it into another, it will retain its links to the original source of its data. You can change its source data (to its new parent worksheet) using Source Data from the Chart menu. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ briank wrote: > Is it possible to link a chart into my current worksheet > like an...

Names on a Bubble Chart
Hi There, I am wondering on how I can put the "names" on my bubbles...? I've the following data where I would like to make a bubble chart with ... The bubble chart in itself works fine, I just do not manage to get the corresponding name (Product1, 2,...) on each bubble: NS AGP Growth Product1 9,052,494 22 (31) Product2 1,574,341 32 (25) Product3 1,759,511 3 (45) Product4 1,539,132 13 (69) Any thoughts? Jen ...

A Chart in a Chart ?
Is it possible to create a chart within another chart? If not - Is it possible to view a chart within another chart? Jim -- jamesasmithsr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jamesasmithsr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24101 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=377093 you can save a chart inside a second chart. Make the first chart and have it on its own sheet make the second chart and set its location as an object in the first chart sheet "jamesasmithsr" wrot...

Excel Chart Source Data
Is it possible to update Excel Chart Source Data for Multiple Chart where the ranges are exactly the same? We have a large workbook containing 25 worksheets with charts that ar linked to another Master Workbook. The charts display data for a rolling 12 month timescale and so th source data needs to be manually updated each month to reflect th current rolling 12 month timescale e.g May 2003 to April 2004 cell range A1:Z1 would need to be updated t reflect June 2003 to May 2004 to B1:AA1 There are 100 charts so manually updating the Source Data is tim consuming-as the cell references are the ...

Refreshing Chart
Hi I am using VBA code in Access to send revenue figures per month for th year to Excel there is a chart which shows this information already i Excel which just updates when the new information is sent. There i also calculated fields in Excel which calculate the revenue by quarte this is also graphed. The problem is that although the quarterly data updates when ne information is sent, the graph which plots it does not. I have trie the .refresh command on the chart but this does nothing. Can anyone suggest anything ? Cheers Bria ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Messag...

Data source name not found and no default driver specified 01-02-08
I have created an exe that uses an Access database on a CD as a data source. Obviously, we can't be sure we can create a DSN on the user's machine, so we use a DSN'less connection. The CD was released almost two years ago, but now I have a user reporting that the database gives this error when the program attempts to retrieve records: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified I'm not sure what to make of this, since I'm not using a DSN. I had her download the MDAC Component Checker, and she reports her version info...