Chart axis custom date format

Dear all!

Excel 2003, charting.

On Y axis I have scale from 0 to 7, and when I go to "format axis-
number-custom" I can input formula "[Blue][<4]#.###,0;[Red][>4]#.###,
0;#.###,0" which colors the scale as I would like.

On X axis I have dates (1.jan.06, 1.feb.06, 1.mar.06....1.jun.08). Is
it possible to write similar formula as above on x axis - for instance
if date is less than 1.jan.07 then color it red, if less than 1.jan 08
than color it blue? This would allow to have on X axis only date
format "mmm" and the colors would help differentiate between years 06,
07, 08.
I tried to input dates in the conditions, I googled- can't find the
solution...

I know that it could be possible to achieve this by adding dummy
series and formatting them to show different dates in different
colors, but this is much to complicated for one time job...

Thank you!
0
klemen25 (61)
7/23/2008 6:32:44 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Legend on Chart

Demographic chart?

Excel 2007 Line Chart with Markers

Charting/ Graph question

Chart in Chart

Custom Global Address List/OWA
Dear All, I use Exchange Sever 2003 on a Windows Server 2003 machine. I have a couple of users who should use a Global Address List on their own. The users accounts all have an attribute set so they can be caught by an LDAP filter. In addition, all are members of a security group. I created a new Global Address List with a filter that matches the user�s attribute. Than I modified the security properties of the default Global Address List by denying full access to the security group that contains all relevant users. Further I created a custom Offline Address Book based on the custom G...

Format of data import from a database
I have a spreadsheet that has data imported from SQL Server or even MS Access that has dollar amount fields. The field is coming over as a text field and even if I format the cells as currency it won't apply the formatting until I actually double click in the cell and press enter. Is there a way to fix this for the entire spreadsheet so I don't have to click in each cell to force the formatting to work? This spreadsheet as over 1500 rows of data. I get this every time I export data from either SQL Server 2000 or Microsoft Access Database. Any help or information is greatly apprecia...

How do I create a chart....

Date Problem #2
When I type 31/11/03 in a cell it will not follow the same format as the rest of the dates I have typed in. Can anyone please tell me why? I am using Excel from Office 2000 on XP Home Operating System. If that is referring to the 31st of November, unless there is a new leap year for November, Excel would be confused. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Gary Pickett" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A29ECE7C-4333-4D8D-818F-EF29CD835845@microsoft.com... > When I type 31/11/03 in a cell it will not follow the same format as the rest ...

secondary axis problem with toolbar
Hi all, could anyone help me? I cannot understand why I cannot have in my toolbar : Format Data Series/ Axis, then select secondary axis?? I have excel 2003. I cannot have the change to add a secondary axis.... Kindest regads -- ...

Chart items moving around

Filter in between dates
Hi Everyone, Using Excel 2003. I have a list of patients who were on a particular therapy and in a certain unit. Many where on the therapy in other units before getting transferred or on the therapy after they left. I need to find the patients who started on a therapy after they arrived in a unit and who were off the therapy before they left the unit. My Date units show me Date and Time in the same field. They are named.. PtLocStDtTm PtLocEndDtTm PtThpyStDtTm PtThpyEndDtTm Thanks, Linda If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You se...

How To Chart A Formula in Excel 2007

Win XP Outlook 2003 Contact Phone Number formats
If I type in 1 300 ........... or 0418 ....... numbers they are entered in plain text without formatting nor hyphens just as I want. When I enter an 8 digit local number Outlook insists on re-formatting it with an area code in brackets and hyphen after 4 digits. Is there any way to stop this behaviour. Placing a _ at the beginning stops the beahviour, now all I need is a non visible _ I even tried unsuccessfully to remove my area code from Control Panel\ Phone and Modem Options Any help is appreciated. Cheers Ian No. Masking of phone numbers in Outlook is hard coded, based on your default ...

Custom Number Format #5
Hey Benjielop, That was fast! I tried the formula (replacing A1 with B4, where the first tag is), bu Excel 2000 gives back an error message pointing to =left*(b4,1)*.... -- Excelder ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Excelders's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1556 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27130 ...

Sort documents by date in Apply Sales Documents window
Is it possible to add VB code to the Apply Sales Documents window to sort the documents by Document Date instead of Document Number? If so, does anyone have that code? ...

create chart from external application
Hi, I would like to know if this is possible.... I have an application that contains an hierarchical chart. I would like to export this data into a format that Visio can *understand*, and then import it into Visio and have it display in a hierarchical manner. Does any body know if this is possible to do. .....or, if there is another way of getting my data into Visio, can you please let me know. Thanks. Here is an article that describes how to automate the org chart wizard, and how to format your data: http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/2002/articles/spotlight5_July00.aspx Hope ...

Associative relationships for custom entities
Is there any possibility tu create associative relationship, like it is possible for contract (origin contract), account (parent account). i have tried to create a custom entity with both user and bussines unit ownership, and it does not work. thanks for any help patrik Unfortunately, you can't add relationships to User or Business Unit from your custom entities. But, for a "true" associative, you can create the many-to-one rleationships to 2 seperate entities and have it work. One caveat though, you can't do a "recursive" M:M associative in this manne...

print a chart over multiple pages
I am trying to stretch a chart over multiple pages, but i just can't get it to work. I have tried all i can think including attempting to print areas individually. Any ideas? i'm using excel 2003. Thanks Hi, If the chart is on a chart page, this will not work. If the chart is embedded on a sheet, and you select the chart, it will not work. What you need to do is embed the chart and then select the range "behind - under" the chart, then you can use all of the print options, thereby printing one chart across multiple pages. Cheers, Shane "OEB1527" <O...

RMS SOPOS should allow requiring exact customer lookup match
Retail Management System's Store Operations POS should allow the option to require exact customer match in lookups or better yet support a prompt for customer number and provide the new customer dialog when not found. This feature would better support client card or club membership scenarios where all customers are required to be members (with associated specific discounts, etc.) Currently the lookup match selects the nearest customer and is inadequate for high volume environments. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions...