Changing Find settings

The default settings for my system are : within sheet, search by rows, lookin
formulas.

Is there any way to set the default to be: within workbook, search by
columns, lookin values?

Thank you,

Fred

0
fgwiii (17)
9/18/2009 12:02:01 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

How about a workbook_open macro that sets to desired

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"fgwiii" <fgwiii@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The default settings for my system are : within sheet, search by rows,
> lookin
> formulas.
>
> Is there any way to set the default to be: within workbook, search by
> columns, lookin values?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Fred

0
dguillett1 (2487)
9/18/2009 12:41:59 PM
I am game for this - how & where do I place the macro?

"fgwiii" wrote:

> The default settings for my system are : within sheet, search by rows, lookin
> formulas.
>
> Is there any way to set the default to be: within workbook, search by
> columns, lookin values?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Fred

0
fgwiii (17)
9/18/2009 1:00:13 PM
Saved from a previous post:

Excel tries to help by remembering the last settings you used--except for the
first search in that session.

You can use that to your advantage.

You could make a dummy workbook and put it in your xlStart folder.  Have a
macro in that workbook that does a find (and sets all the stuff the way you
like).  Then closes and gets out of the way.

Option Explicit
Sub auto_open()

    'change the settings the way you like
    Worksheets(1).Cells.Find What:="", After:=ActiveCell, _
            LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
            LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
            SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:=False

    ThisWorkbook.Close savechanges:=False

End Sub

Notice that excel's VBA doesn't give you an option to change the sheet/workbook
setting.

The workbook opens, does a find (to fix your settings) and then closes to get
out of the way.

But if you do an Edit|Find and change anything, then those changed settings will
be remembered.

If you're new to macros:

Debra Dalgleish has some notes how to implement macros here:
http://www.contextures.com/xlvba01.html

David McRitchie has an intro to macros:

Ron de Bruin's intro to macros:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm

(General, Regular and Standard modules all describe the same thing.)

--

Dave Peterson
0

External data link change

Why does the change change to a number?

language setting
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I am unable to change the language on my documents. I no longer see the language icon under Tools. How can I change the language? You Can use Tools>Customise to reset your menu so the option comes back. Hit Tools>Customise... and you should be OK from there. Cheers On 25/02/10 1:46 AM, in article 59bb36d1.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "jegarcia@officeformac.com" <jegarcia@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I am > ...

Setting a button caption to bold
Hi All, In VB6 and VB/C++.net I can select a button on a form and change the font property to bold. Is there a way to do the same with VC++6? Regards Colin You can use the class CFont and the function CWnd::SetFont, like the code block below: //---------------------------- CFont font; font.CreateFont(0, 0, 0, 0, FW_BOLD, 0, 0, 0, ANSI_CHARSET, OUT_STROKE_PRECIS, CLIP_STROKE_PRECIS, DRAFT_QUALITY, VARIABLE_PITCH | FF_SWISS, _T("Arial")); m_wndButton.SetFont(&font); //---------------------------- just a simply example "Col" <usesmob@hotmail.com> w...

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Track Changes

more on VBA function name change

How to change icon for my application

How to change newsgroup message font

Setting up for Yahoo
I need to set up WLM for my Yahoo account. I was able to get my default (Earthlink), Gmail and Hotmail accounts set up I can't get Yahoo to work. It's the free Yahoo account. I supsect that it has to do with the server settings and I'm not getting some thing right. I belive I'm using the newer Yahoo not the Classic. Thanks, Jim -- I believe you have to have Yahoo Plus to do this. WLM can do POP and IMAP and to turn on POP in Yahoo, you have to have the paid version. Dale On Jan 26, 3:17=A0pm, "James" <bald...@remove.earthlink.net> wrote: >...

where can I find the database schema?
and further info about what happens when a transaction occurs? I downloaded the sdk but didnt' see much in there regarding this. Anyone know? Thanks Hi Not sure you can, w/o the customisation guide - which is a closely guarded secret. If you are a strong database person the best thing to do is to run SQL Profiler that comes with SQL Server 2000. It will log pretty well everything that happens. You still will have to figure out the schema yourself but you will see what is going into what tables. JPH On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 04:59:39 -0700, D <Dave@nothing.net> wrote: ...

Change a formula to an acual number

How do I use cond format formula to set cell text and color?
Using MS Excel 2003: As and example, I entered into Conditional Format for cell B1: "Formula is", IF(A1="","Test",""). For true condition, the format is set to fill Yellow and font color red. I'm expecting cell B1 to display, "Test" in red text with yellow background when A1 is blank, but it does not work. No errors are displayed. Any ideas? in my experience you can only set the format,you cant have the word test show up.Apply the format condition only using =A1="" and put a seperate if statement in the cell.If it blank ...

Can I hide a worksheet and set a passwd to unhide it?
Can I hide a worksheet and set a passwd to unhide it? Puneet Arora -- puneetarora_12 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ puneetarora_12's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18406 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=389664 you can hide a sheet on the format> sheet menu.Dont know about the password thng tho sorry -- paul remove nospam for email addy! "puneetarora_12" wrote: > > Can I hide a worksheet and set a passwd to unhide it? > > > Puneet...

Problem Changing an Investment Name

how do i find color saffron in pub2003
old pub98 had color boxes to choose from now all i get is a color wheel impossible to find a specific color like saffron. please help chefmstobey1968 wrote: > old pub98 had color boxes to choose from now all i get is a color wheel > impossible to find a specific color like saffron. please help Make sure you go to Tools > Options and select Show basic colors in color palette -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Should I change this code?

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

icon changes with change of extension

Field Type Change

Tracking Changes

Save Changes? #2