Cant get grid lines on worksheet

I can't get the grid lines to work on my worksheet. I fill in the box to
show grid lines on the options but they don't come up. Am I doing something
wrong or is there somewhere else I need to check? Thanks for any help.

0
otf70 (16)
3/7/2006 2:22:20 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Have you shaded the cells?

If you have, you may want to use borders and draw your lines where you want
them.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Losing it
Here's the background: Under Page Setup: Layout is set as Booklet - Page Size 4.5"x11" - Portrait. Printer and Paper are set as Paer Size: Custom (4.5x11) and Source (Bypass Tray) Orientation - Portrait. I'm using a Konica Minolta C450 printer. It duplexes and folds. I can't figure out it it is the printer settings or the publisher settings that are off. Any suggestions would help as I have to fix this to mass print tomorrow. lmfkaty wrote: > Here's the background: > Under Page Setup: Layout is set as Booklet - Page Size 4.5"x11"...

line break does not appear in CSV
I am formatting text in a cell, and inserting line breaks with CHAR(10) and &. Text in the cell correctly appears with line breaks inserted, when viewed in Excel. I then save the file as a CSV and view that file in Notepad. No line breaks are seen in the CSV. Also tried the " <ALT><ENTER> " method with no success. Using Excel 2007. Viewing CSV in Notepad, with Word Wrap turned off. The "line breaks" will be characters in line with the rest of the printable characters in Notepad. If you want to see the "effects" open the csv file wi...

Get control of a Userform by the Name
I want to change the text of a form. I know the name of the form and the name of the control in it. How to get the control of a form if I know the Name? Below post refers to adding a form. But I already have a form, just need the control of that! http://groups.google.co.in/group/microsoft.public.excel.programming/browse_thread/thread/beedb666e1d7a29b/f2df993ded867dd4?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=form+by+name#f2df993ded867dd4 Thanks a lot in advance Regards' Joe If you are talking about a VBA user from in VBA window press F4 (View properties window) and click on the control....

Cant delete any messages
Hi! My friend at work has a weird problem recently he can't delete any messages in Outlook Express the delete button doesn't work so does not the right mouse button menu delete option. When d&d the files theres a error that says "An error occurred" He works on a normal user account. Any ideas? Have your friend post in an Outlook Express newsgroup. Tell him/her to include the version of OE, the exact error message, and any other pertinent details. Outlook Express and Microsoft Outlook are not the same e-mail client, nor are they related in spite of the similarity of ...

Price History Chart
The data is here in Price History, why can't Money chart it for me? Am I missing something? for Money 2004? The default chart only shows a fixed time. If you right click and add the chart to your favorites, you should be able to customize the date range. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially i...

Line Width #2
Line width in Excel 2007 has increased. A .50 line in Excel 2007 seems as "thick" as 1.25 width in Excel 2003. Can anyone explain or help reduce the width? Forms become very difficult to read when the width is so heavy. Thanks. In XL2003 I using the Drawing tool to make a line In XL2007 I used Insert | Shapes to insert a line Each I formatted to have a width of 1 pt I printed the two worksheets on the same printer (HP LaserJet 1200) I cannot see any difference in their width with a 4X magnifying glass Tell us more about your comparison best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microso...

copy worksheet #2
How can I copy a worksheet (tab) from a different file and still retain the links, column widths, and formatting? Seems as simple as Edit-->Move or Copy Sheet to me. >-----Original Message----- >How can I copy a worksheet (tab) from a different file and >still retain the links, column widths, and formatting? >. > ...

How to get the text from another window?
hi,all For example, In MSDN help program, there are many items in the left list box when you type whatever key word. Can I get these itmes' text in anohter program? I did a test, put a CListBox in a dialog and then , in another program, get the handle of this list box and use list.Attach(handle) , then you can get all text by the list. But in msdn help program, it is not a CListBox, how to do that? Is possible? Thanks What exactly do you mean by the MSDN list box? Are you talking about the part of the Index where the topics are listed? -- Alec S. alec <@> synetech &l...

how do i get a signature from someone recieving an attachment
how do i get signature on an attachment from someone i sent it to mjc184 wrote: > how do i get signature on an attachment from someone i sent it to Get them to print it out, sign it, scan it and send it back. Or use snail mail. -- John Blessing http://www.LbeHelpdesk.com - Help Desk software http://www.room-booking-software.com - Schedule rooms & equipment bookings http://www.lbetoolbox.com - De-Duplicates MS Outlook http://www.repeatmail.com - schedule mass individual emails Do you mean a delivery receipt or a read receipt or do you mean something else? "mjc184" &...

cant open file
I have windows vista and microsoft publisher 2007 did my website and now out of nowhere it says cant open file tried everything and is not happening What kind of file are you trying to open? What steps are you taking? What kind of error messages are you getting? Details are important. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "arleen" <arleen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B264DC25-1072-4931-B44C-7F481A13DBEE@microsoft.com... >I have windows vista and microsoft publisher 2007 did my w...

Content Control
We have an application that uses the content controls to merge with application information. We have run into a problem when the value in the control needs to word wrap onto a second line. Depending on the length of the word near the end of the line, it will occasionally lose the first few characters of the first word on the second line. The multiline option is selected on the content control and we have looked at all the paragraph settings and can see nothing out of the ordinary. Anyone else seen anything like this? ...

I am trying to print on legal size paper, i cant set size.
I've tried print option to set up 8.5 x 14 paper put it wont hold the setting. Well, it is to do with your printer driver. Are you sure that the printer supports that paper size? Perhaps you can see if there is an updated driver for the printer. Hope this helps. Pete On Dec 14, 2:26=A0pm, Michele <Mich...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've tried print option to set up 8.5 x 14 paper put it wont hold the > setting. =A0 ...

Highlight report line
I need to highlight/shade any lines in a printed report where date 1 = date2, how do I accomplish this? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200912/1 Conditional Formatting is your friend here. Check the Help for details if it's not blindingly obvious. You'll need a criteria of {date1] = [date2] in there somewhere; and you'll need to apply it to all the controls in the report section. HTH, Rob PeteN via AccessMonster.com wrote: > I need to highlight/shade any lines in a printed report whe...

m_hWnd getting lost its value in OnKillActive() function of Property Page.
Hi, I am doing an application on property sheet.I have added an 4 property pages containing some controls on each page, to the property sheet and the application is running fine. I have used an API ---> OnKillActive() to get the control values and put into the structure( which i have defined). But the problem is, the m_hWnd is getting zero within the OnKillActive() function. This is happening only propertypage3 -OnKillActive() not in others.Even i haven't found any compile time or run time errors in the code. Can you just tell me what might be the reason for m_hWnd to become zero...

Preventing new worksheets from being created by PIVOTdrill downs
Pivots are wonderful. I like that you can double click on something in the data field and get a drill down of that data. HOWEVER - it drives me nuts deleting all those extra worksheets that get automatically created everytime I double click on the data just to take a look. Is there a way to prevent the creation of a new worksheet for a drill down, unless I want it to stay in my workbook? Thanks so much. ...

Hide worksheet
Hello, I have a workbook that I would like to hide a worksheet when the user open the file based on the file name . There are three worksheets within the workbook call Part A, Part B, and Part C. I only want to hide Part C worksheet if the file name is call Schedule (Dept).xls when the user opens the file. There will be other files name for example Schedule (Company).xls or Schedule (Division).xls, but I only want to have Part C worksheet hide when the file name contains within the parentheses (Dept). How do I do that? Any tips will be appreciated. Thank you in advance. Priva...

STILL CANNOT GET IN TO MS MONEY 2004
I tried the money key fix, and I STILL cannot get into my MS Money! I am quite frustrated. It has now been 4 days. I have email "mnyngsup@microsoft.com" twice. No reply. After I ran the key fix, it said I should be able to get in and disable and enable the passport. PLEASE help! Thanks Robert rmfrank@usa.net More Detail about my issue. Maybe I can shed some light so someone can assist: Since I have been using Money for so long, I was not sure of my username. I have two Hotmail passports. The one I tried first was (rmfrank@hotmail.com). The msg that cam up after...

Cant get Money to work
when I try to use monwy to set up new account, all I get is "The list is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." This is the second night in a row that it has done this. Did I buy something that does not work???? In microsoft.public.money, Roaddog_tnkr wrote: >when I try to use monwy to set up new account, all I get is "The list is >temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." This is the second night >in a row that it has done this. Did I buy something that does not work???? What did you buy? What are you trying to install it on? On De...

How do I get a list of data on one sheet into the form on the fir.
I have a timecard form on the first tab of a workbook & the various employee crew combinations on each of the subsequent tabs (each crew on a seperate tab). How do I format the for to get the employee name info from the individual crew tab required? Let me clarify my question - I am trying to use the first tab (the form) as a constant form & just change the employees names in that specific field based on the crew I want to generate the timesheet for. The crew lists are on the sugsequent tabs. I would like to be able to select the crew & print the form with only those emp...

from exchange machine i cant telnet to 25
all machine on customer lan are connecting to exchange server to post mail. when logged into the exchange server i launch cmd prompt and "telnet 192.168.0.10 25" and cant connect to smtp service (i.e from machine that host SMTP so network routing not involved) - netstat -na shows me port 25 is listening - simple mail transfer protocol is running as a service - sending mail via outlook on this server works and also show me a log on my exchange server that it coming from this servers public ip - default smtp virtual server, outbound security set at ANON. - default smtp virtua...

Switching Worksheets
Hello, i was making a macro and i need it to switch to the left-most worksheet in the file, regardless of its name.. Can anyone tell me how i could do that ? Shimeel -- shimeel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ shimeel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15830 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=273215 Sheets(1).Activate "shimeel" <shimeel.1euc03@excelforum-nospam.com> schreef in bericht news:shimeel.1euc03@excelforum-nospam.com... > > Hello, > &g...

How do I remove paragraph symbols on every line in Word?
All my Word documents are coming up with paragraph symbols on every line. If the line has text, the symbol is at the end of the line. If there is no text, it's on the left. How do I remove this? CTRL+SHIFT+8 or click the � button -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> ...

insert worksheet gives me 3 duplicate sheets not one
I do insert worksheet from the Insert menu, I only have one tab highlighted and I get 3 duplicate worksheets as opposed to an new worksheet. Also when I open excel if get the worksheet i expect but if I open a new sheet I get one with some spurious numbers in it. I've tried making sure that there's nothing in XLstart or in the file line under options>general>at startup, open files in.. that's blank. So I would have thought I was back to the default settings but this doesn't seem to be the case. I have tried doing a re-install from the office disc and doing a ch...

Where can I get MS Money software?
I have been trying to buy the latest verions of MS Money Plus, but can't find it at Office Depot or Staples, the places where I have bought the software in the past. I'd rather own the disc -- not download it. Any ideas? Thanks. Microsoft provided information to the community earlier in the summer that indicated they were no longer producing retail packages of Money Plus and were converting exclusively to online/download distribution for Money applicaiton software. You may find a retail package still in the channel somewhere. It's hard to say where that might be. Bu...

Wrap text cuts-off after several lines
After typing several lines of wrap-text in large group of merged cells, the wrap text stops and I have to manually make "enter" breaks for my data to show up in print. The alt-enters is the common solution to your problem. Or were you just venting? Nathan's Excel wrote: > > After typing several lines of wrap-text in large group of merged cells, the > wrap text stops and I have to manually make "enter" breaks for my data to > show up in print. -- Dave Peterson ...