Cannot open the Insert object (Pdf file) form Excel 2000(9.0.8968 SP-3)

Dear All,

I am no idea why I cannot open the embedded object (Pdf file) inside Excel
file which using Windows ME.

Once clicked the object icons, then it shows the error message likes

"  the embedded object cannot be opened by the source application"

I used the Adobe reader 6.01 as the source application.

Actually, I searched the related forum from the Internet. However, I cannot
solve the problem.

Anyone helps?

Thanks

tlee

0
tlee6902 (8)
2/27/2009 7:33:39 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi,

I can't test 2000 in ME, but it works fine in 2003 under XP.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"tlee" wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am no idea why I cannot open the embedded object (Pdf file) inside Excel
> file which using Windows ME.
>
> Once clicked the object icons, then it shows the error message likes
>
> "  the embedded object cannot be opened by the source application"
>
> I used the Adobe reader 6.01 as the source application.
>
> Actually, I searched the related forum from the Internet. However, I cannot
> solve the problem.
>
> Anyone helps?
>
> Thanks
>
> tlee

You have to convert it to Excel format.
--
I mastered Wordstar graphics!

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I can't test 2000 in ME, but it works fine in 2003 under XP.
>
> --
> If this helps, please click the Yes button.
>
> Cheers,
> Shane Devenshire
>

> "tlee" wrote:
>
> > Dear All,
> >
> > I am no idea why I cannot open the embedded object (Pdf file) inside Excel
> > file which using Windows ME.
> >
> > Once clicked the object icons, then it shows the error message likes
> >
> > "  the embedded object cannot be opened by the source application"
> >
> > I used the Adobe reader 6.01 as the source application.
> >
> > Actually, I searched the related forum from the Internet. However, I cannot
> > solve the problem.
> >
> > Anyone helps?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > tlee

0
10Swinner (2)
2/27/2009 7:41:01 PM
This might provide you with some help:

            http://support.microsoft.com/kb/274717.

            Harry.

From: "tlee" <tlee@nilmail.com>

| Dear All,

| I am no idea why I cannot open the embedded object (Pdf file) inside Excel
| file which using Windows ME.

| Once clicked the object icons, then it shows the error message likes

| "  the embedded object cannot be opened by the source application"

| I used the Adobe reader 6.01 as the source application.

| Actually, I searched the related forum from the Internet. However, I cannot
| solve the problem.

| Anyone helps?

| Thanks

| tlee

Adobe Reader v6.01 isw old, and is *very* vulnerable.  Those vulnerabilities are actively
being exploited in the wild !

Chances are the PDF is a greater version than v6.x can handle.

You *need* to upgrade to both a new OS and Adobe Reader v9.0

--
Dave

David
2/28/2009 1:05:35 PM
David H. Lipman wrote:
> From: "tlee" <tlee@nilmail.com>
>
>> Dear All,
>
>> I am no idea why I cannot open the embedded object (Pdf file) inside
>> Excel file which using Windows ME.
>
>> Once clicked the object icons, then it shows the error message likes
>
>> "  the embedded object cannot be opened by the source application"
>
>> I used the Adobe reader 6.01 as the source application.
>
>> Actually, I searched the related forum from the Internet. However, I
>> cannot solve the problem.
>
>> Anyone helps?
>
>> Thanks
>
>> tlee
>

> Adobe Reader v6.01 isw old, and is *very* vulnerable.  Those
> vulnerabilities are actively being exploited in the wild !
>
> Chances are the PDF is a greater version than v6.x can handle.
>
> You *need* to upgrade to both a new OS and Adobe Reader v9.0

Isn't 9.0 the version with the currently exploited vulnerability? And as yet
unknown whether 10 has the same?

Also an unpatched Excel vulnerability, last I heard!

From: "Shane" <shanebeatson@somethingorother.com>

| David H. Lipman wrote:
>> From: "tlee" <tlee@nilmail.com>

>>> Dear All,

>>> I am no idea why I cannot open the embedded object (Pdf file) inside
>>> Excel file which using Windows ME.

>>> Once clicked the object icons, then it shows the error message likes

>>> "  the embedded object cannot be opened by the source application"

>>> I used the Adobe reader 6.01 as the source application.

>>> Actually, I searched the related forum from the Internet. However, I
>>> cannot solve the problem.

>>> Anyone helps?

>>> Thanks

>>> tlee

>> Adobe Reader v6.01 isw old, and is *very* vulnerable.  Those
>> vulnerabilities are actively being exploited in the wild !

>> Chances are the PDF is a greater version than v6.x can handle.

>> You *need* to upgrade to both a new OS and Adobe Reader v9.0

| Isn't 9.0 the version with the currently exploited vulnerability? And as yet
| unknown whether 10 has the same?

| Also an unpatched Excel vulnerability, last I heard!

For the latest PDF vulnerability, Adobe Security Bulletin APSA09-01, all are vulnerable.
There is no v10 and v6 will not be patched.

I'm not sure about a current Excel vulnerability albeit there may be one.

--
Dave

David
2/28/2009 4:01:12 PM
Or do his computer a favour and install Foxit PDF Reader instead, much
smaller footprint and works equally well if not better <g>

--
Joan Archer
http://www.freewebs.com/crossstitcher

From: "Joan Archer" <joanarcher@gmail.com>

| Or do his computer a favour and install Foxit PDF Reader instead, much
| smaller footprint and works equally well if not better <g>

FoxIt is now crippleware and acting badly like adware and requiring the installation of an
Ask Toolbar.
If you choose not to install the Ask Toolbar, FoxIt is crippled.

--
Dave

David
> From: "Joan Archer" <joanarcher@gmail.com>
>
> | Or do his computer a favour and install Foxit PDF Reader instead,
> much
> | smaller footprint and works equally well if not better <g>
>
> FoxIt is now crippleware and acting badly like adware and requiring
> the installation of an
> Ask Toolbar.
> If you choose not to install the Ask Toolbar, FoxIt is crippled.

I am using an older version I guess.....but my Foxit is not crippled nor
is it asking for a Toolbar (pun not intended, grin).

Just checked it and it is Version 2.0, Build 0930.

I use it fairly frequently for jewellery designs, etc.  And it works
just fine.  It did ask for something recently, but I said NO, and it
worked just fine.

I think all of us who used WinME for years are wary of adding stuff to
programs, etc.  I will admit to it myself......but it is a hard to break
habit.

I would assume that www.oldversion.com just might have this version.

Heather

0
figgyd (2)
2/28/2009 5:37:28 PM
David H. Lipman wrote:
> From: "Shane" <shanebeatson@somethingorother.com>
>
>> David H. Lipman wrote:
>>> From: "tlee" <tlee@nilmail.com>

>>> Adobe Reader v6.01 isw old, and is *very* vulnerable.  Those
>>> vulnerabilities are actively being exploited in the wild !
>
>>> Chances are the PDF is a greater version than v6.x can handle.
>
>>> You *need* to upgrade to both a new OS and Adobe Reader v9.0
>
>> Isn't 9.0 the version with the currently exploited vulnerability?
>> And as yet unknown whether 10 has the same?
>
>> Also an unpatched Excel vulnerability, last I heard!
>
> For the latest PDF vulnerability, Adobe Security Bulletin APSA09-01,
> all are vulnerable. There is no v10 and v6 will not be patched.

Yes, Flash is the one at 10.x, isn't it. Getting a little confused there!
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/02/24/adobe_flash_vulnerability/

Haven't tried this one (mainly because I ditched Adobe Reader ... ago!):
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/02/24/unofficial_adobe_patch/

> I'm not sure about a current Excel vulnerability albeit there may be
> one.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/02/25/excel_trojan/

BTW I kept using Acrobat/Reader for some time because I cared *less* for
Foxit. But finally I'd had enough, and I used both Sumatra
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumatra_PDF) and Foxit. I keep pretty much up
with Foxit, and have not been impressed by the Ask bar - though you get that
with Nero too (at least in 7.x). However, I have Foxit 3.0 build 1301, and I
haven't found any problems with it without the toolbar. It is less pleasing
to the eye though.

Last usable ME Version of Adobe is 6.0.6.
--

"Heather" wrote:

> > Wrom: DJBLVLMHAALPTCXLYRWTQTIPWIGYOKSTTZRC
> >
> > | Or do his computer a favour and install Foxit PDF Reader instead,
> > much
> > | smaller footprint and works equally well if not better <g>
> >
> > FoxIt is now crippleware and acting badly like adware and requiring
> > the installation of an
> > Ask Toolbar.
> > If you choose not to install the Ask Toolbar, FoxIt is crippled.
> >
> I am using an older version I guess.....but my Foxit is not crippled nor
> is it asking for a Toolbar (pun not intended, grin).
>
> Just checked it and it is Version 2.0, Build 0930.
>
> I use it fairly frequently for jewellery designs, etc.  And it works
> just fine.  It did ask for something recently, but I said NO, and it
> worked just fine.
>
> I think all of us who used WinME for years are wary of adding stuff to
> programs, etc.  I will admit to it myself......but it is a hard to break
> habit.
>
> I would assume that www.oldversion.com just might have this version.
>
> Heather

0
10Swinner (2)
2/28/2009 6:59:01 PM
Shane wrote:
> David H. Lipman wrote:
>> From: "Shane" <shanebeatson@somethingorother.com>

>>> Isn't 9.0 the version with the currently exploited vulnerability?
>>> And as yet unknown whether 10 has the same?
>>
>>> Also an unpatched Excel vulnerability, last I heard!
>>
>> For the latest PDF vulnerability, Adobe Security Bulletin APSA09-01,
>> all are vulnerable. There is no v10 and v6 will not be patched.
>>

> Yes, Flash is the one at 10.x, isn't it. Getting a little confused
> there!
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/02/24/adobe_flash_vulnerability/
> Haven't tried this one (mainly because I ditched Adobe Reader ...
> ago!): http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/02/24/unofficial_adobe_patch/
>
>> I'm not sure about a current Excel vulnerability albeit there may be
>> one.
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/02/25/excel_trojan/
>

> BTW I kept using Acrobat/Reader for some time because I cared *less*
> for Foxit. But finally I'd had enough, and I used both Sumatra
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumatra_PDF) and Foxit. I keep pretty
> much up with Foxit, and have not been impressed by the Ask bar -
> though you get that with Nero too (at least in 7.x). However, I have
> Foxit 3.0 build 1301, and I haven't found any problems with it
> without the toolbar. It is less pleasing to the eye though.

Besides which, this is near-perfect:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_YA41o7h_cjc/SVT0OOb9qmI/AAAAAAAAARA/Rcs0a2l5RLY/s1600-h/tritonfabrizio_11.jpg

From: "Heather" <figgyd@nospam.invalid>

>> From: "Joan Archer" <joanarcher@gmail.com>

>> | Or do his computer a favour and install Foxit PDF Reader instead,
>> much
>> | smaller footprint and works equally well if not better <g>

>> FoxIt is now crippleware and acting badly like adware and requiring
>> the installation of an
>> Ask Toolbar.
>> If you choose not to install the Ask Toolbar, FoxIt is crippled.

| I am using an older version I guess.....but my Foxit is not crippled nor
| is it asking for a Toolbar (pun not intended, grin).

| Just checked it and it is Version 2.0, Build 0930.

| I use it fairly frequently for jewellery designs, etc.  And it works
| just fine.  It did ask for something recently, but I said NO, and it
| worked just fine.

| I think all of us who used WinME for years are wary of adding stuff to
| programs, etc.  I will admit to it myself......but it is a hard to break
| habit.

| I would assume that www.oldversion.com just might have this version.

| Heather

Yes.  I use v3.0 B.1120 with no toolbar.
It the latest version and the site referenced may have versions like what you and I have.

--
Dave

David
2/28/2009 8:10:50 PM
OK - just d/l'd and installed Foxit 3.0
If you don't let it install the Ask Toolbar, then it won't let you use
@typewriter tools, Text viewer, and Text Converter@ - whatever they are.
Since I've never heard of them until now, and can't see what earthly use
they'd be to me for reading PDF files, then I don't care about about not
having them.
For god's sake, David - it's not as if Foxit is disabling the ability to
read PDF files!!!!
What I do mind more is that they try and sneak a quick install of eBay links
after you've already dis/allowed the Ask ones.

--
Noel Paton
CrashFixPC

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
www.crashfixpc.co.uk
> From: "Joan Archer" <joanarcher@gmail.com>
>
> | Or do his computer a favour and install Foxit PDF Reader instead, much
> | smaller footprint and works equally well if not better <g>
>
> FoxIt is now crippleware and acting badly like adware and requiring the
> installation of an
> Ask Toolbar.
> If you choose not to install the Ask Toolbar, FoxIt is crippled.
>
> --
> Dave
> Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

0
Noel
2/28/2009 8:16:42 PM
I've just checked mine, I hadn't bothered before as I don't use it that much
just when I want to download my phone bill and an occasional cross stitch
pattern.
I have version 2.3 Build 2923 installed on Vista.

From: "Noel Paton" <noeldp(spamless)@crashfixpc.co.uk>

| OK - just d/l'd and installed Foxit 3.0
| If you don't let it install the Ask Toolbar, then it won't let you use
| @typewriter tools, Text viewer, and Text Converter@ - whatever they are.
| Since I've never heard of them until now, and can't see what earthly use
| they'd be to me for reading PDF files, then I don't care about about not
| having them.
| For god's sake, David - it's not as if Foxit is disabling the ability to
| read PDF files!!!!
| What I do mind more is that they try and sneak a quick install of eBay links
| after you've already dis/allowed the Ask ones.

The Typewriter tool allows you to literally type into fields.

This if you have a non-editable PDF form you can use the Typewriter Tool to place your
text in the desired fields.

{ I personally would try to use Acrobat and LifeCycle Designer to make the form editable
such that the form and data can be saved with Adobe Reader }.

--
Dave

David
> From: "Noel Paton" <noeldp(spamless)@crashfixpc.co.uk>
>
> | OK - just d/l'd and installed Foxit 3.0
> | If you don't let it install the Ask Toolbar, then it won't let you use
> | @typewriter tools, Text viewer, and Text Converter@ - whatever they are.
> | Since I've never heard of them until now, and can't see what earthly use
> | they'd be to me for reading PDF files, then I don't care about about not
> | having them.
> | For god's sake, David - it's not as if Foxit is disabling the ability to
> | read PDF files!!!!
> | What I do mind more is that they try and sneak a quick install of eBay
> links
> | after you've already dis/allowed the Ask ones.
>
> The Typewriter tool allows you to literally type into fields.
>
> This if you have a non-editable PDF form you can use the Typewriter Tool
> to place your
> text in the desired fields.
>
> { I personally would try to use Acrobat and LifeCycle Designer to make the
> form editable
> such that the form and data can be saved with Adobe Reader }.

Since there are very few instances where I can think I'd need that facility,
then I can do without it - and people who create forms shouldn't be using
non-editable formats for them!

--
Noel Paton
CrashFixPC

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
www.crashfixpc.co.uk

0
Noel
2/28/2009 10:12:20 PM
From: "Noel Paton" <noeldp(spamless)@crashfixpc.co.uk>

>> From: "Noel Paton" <noeldp(spamless)@crashfixpc.co.uk>

>> | OK - just d/l'd and installed Foxit 3.0
>> | If you don't let it install the Ask Toolbar, then it won't let you use
>> | @typewriter tools, Text viewer, and Text Converter@ - whatever they are.
>> | Since I've never heard of them until now, and can't see what earthly use
>> | they'd be to me for reading PDF files, then I don't care about about not
>> | having them.
>> | For god's sake, David - it's not as if Foxit is disabling the ability to
>> | read PDF files!!!!
>> | What I do mind more is that they try and sneak a quick install of eBay
>> links
>> | after you've already dis/allowed the Ask ones.

>> The Typewriter tool allows you to literally type into fields.

>> This if you have a non-editable PDF form you can use the Typewriter Tool
>> to place your
>> text in the desired fields.

>> { I personally would try to use Acrobat and LifeCycle Designer to make the
>> form editable
>> such that the form and data can be saved with Adobe Reader }.

| Since there are very few instances where I can think I'd need that facility,
| then I can do without it - and people who create forms shouldn't be using
| non-editable formats for them!

Noel, that's great for you.

However I can find hundereds of non-fillable PDF forms on the web where the Typewriter
tool fills the niche very well.

As for me, I work with PDF all the time.  I do all our office forms in Adobe.  I even scan
forms into PDF format and then use LifeCycle Designer to make them editable forms.

Back to the point of this...

The latest distribution of FoxIt has gone adware.  They want to bundle Ask Toolbar and
will cripple FoxIt if you don't install it.  That's the point.

I will note that you can install FoxIt and the Ask Tolbar and then disable and remove the
Ask Bar BHO and have a full functioning FoxIt Reader.

--
Dave

David
2/28/2009 10:49:29 PM
Hi All,

Thank you very much for all of your message.

I had to update Adobe reader 6.06. However, it doesn't solve the problem.

Then I try to install Foxit reader 3.0 instead. It solves the problem about
open the embedded object .

Thanks a lot for your help!!!

tlee

"David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> �b�l��i�K���e�D��
einAQbfmJHA.3644@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl �����g...
> From: "Noel Paton" <noeldp(spamless)@crashfixpc.co.uk>
>
> | "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in message
>>> From: "Noel Paton" <noeldp(spamless)@crashfixpc.co.uk>

>>> are.
>>> use
>>> not
>>> links
>
>>> The Typewriter tool allows you to literally type into fields.
>
>>> This if you have a non-editable PDF form you can use the Typewriter Tool
>>> to place your
>>> text in the desired fields.
>
>>> { I personally would try to use Acrobat and LifeCycle Designer to make
>>> the
>>> form editable
>>> such that the form and data can be saved with Adobe Reader }.
>

> | Since there are very few instances where I can think I'd need that
> facility,
> | then I can do without it - and people who create forms shouldn't be
> using
> | non-editable formats for them!
>

> Noel, that's great for you.
>
> However I can find hundereds of non-fillable PDF forms on the web where
> the Typewriter
> tool fills the niche very well.
>
> As for me, I work with PDF all the time.  I do all our office forms in
> Adobe.  I even scan
> forms into PDF format and then use LifeCycle Designer to make them
> editable forms.
>
> Back to the point of this...
>
> The latest distribution of FoxIt has gone adware.  They want to bundle Ask
> Toolbar and
> will cripple FoxIt if you don't install it.  That's the point.
>
> I will note that you can install FoxIt and the Ask Tolbar and then disable
> and remove the
> Ask Bar BHO and have a full functioning FoxIt Reader.
>

> --
> Dave
> Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

0
tlee6902 (8)
3/2/2009 12:49:58 AM
Perhaps a simple 'uninstall and re-install' of Adobe Reader might well have
fixed the problem. This often 'fixes' corrupted registry issues.

However, you're probably far better off using Foxit anyway <g> and good to
hear you've resolved the problem.

Mart

> Hi All,
>
> Thank you very much for all of your message.
>
> I had to update Adobe reader 6.06. However, it doesn't solve the problem.
>
> Then I try to install Foxit reader 3.0 instead. It solves the problem
> about open the embedded object .
>
> Thanks a lot for your help!!!
>
> tlee
>

> "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> �b�l��i�K���e�D��
> einAQbfmJHA.3644@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl �����g...
>> From: "Noel Paton" <noeldp(spamless)@crashfixpc.co.uk>
>>
>> | "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in message

>> | Since there are very few instances where I can think I'd need that
>> facility,
>> | then I can do without it - and people who create forms shouldn't be
>> using
>> | non-editable formats for them!
>>

>> Noel, that's great for you.
>>
>> However I can find hundereds of non-fillable PDF forms on the web where
>> the Typewriter
>> tool fills the niche very well.
>>
>> As for me, I work with PDF all the time.  I do all our office forms in
>> Adobe.  I even scan
>> forms into PDF format and then use LifeCycle Designer to make them
>> editable forms.
>>
>> Back to the point of this...
>>
>> The latest distribution of FoxIt has gone adware.  They want to bundle
>> Ask Toolbar and
>> will cripple FoxIt if you don't install it.  That's the point.
>>
>> I will note that you can install FoxIt and the Ask Tolbar and then
>> disable and remove the
>> Ask Bar BHO and have a full functioning FoxIt Reader.
>>

>> --
>> Dave
>> http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
>> Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

0
Mart

code to allow edits in form AND subform
Ok, here goes............. I have a form (frmBOL) which contains a subform (sfrmData). I have this code working to allow the form to be edited, but I can't seem to incorporate the subform into it. Everything I try gives me an error. Can anyone help? Private Sub cmdOK_Click() Dim sPassword As String sPassword = Nz(Me.txtPassword.Value, "") ' if it is a valid password, we let them edit the ' form that called this form. The calling form is ' responsible for check that the current user is ' either the QA tech on the record, or a me...

excel to get data from an access database
I need excel to get data from an access database similar to vlookup function from an excel table. In order to have only specific records copied to your Excel file, the query needs to include selection criteria (and sort order if necessary). Otherwise, all records get copied and you then need to create lookup formulas or use filters to restrict the set of record. If you are not familiar with Access queries, have someone who is create one for you as a stored query object in the database file. You can then use the Data>Import (Get) External Data and choose the query as your record sour...

Outlook 2000 won't start
After fighting spyware for 2 days last week, Outlook 2K has stopped running on a Win2K machine. I can see the calendar & appointments when starting, but an immediate error pops up that says "Operation Failed" then the program crashes. We've tried the inbox repair tool (no problems found), uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook, command line Outlook safe mode. It still won't start. Possibly related problem: in Control Panel | Mail... we can't pull up the profile. When Mail is clicked, nothing happens, so we can't edit, delete or add a profile. Any suggesti...

What is an addin (in Excel) and how can we create one?
Hi, I want to know what an excel addin is and how to create an excel addin (not the method Save as .xla) for say, to check the occurances of an item. In Col A, several items are listed like item1, item2, item3 etc upto item10. Some items repeat more than once. Can an addin be created to check the no. of occurances of AN item in this list? If so how> Thank You Hi Shajueasow, See: http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut03.htm for a tutorial. --- Regards, Norman "shajueasow" <shajueasow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9DC9E994-13FE-4FFA-957E-10...

Publisher 2000

opening links in outlook

excel as a database #2
Is there a limit to how many text characters that can go into a cell? Phill Yes 32,767 characters, approx 1,024 visible in the cell -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "Phill" <phill.hudson@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:ccesl0$g3u$1@titan.btinternet.com... > Is there a limit to how many text characters that can go into a cell? > > Phill > > Phill, A cell can hold 32K characters, but only about 1K will be visible. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MV...

OL 2003 .nk2 file clears on reboot
We have a client machine whose NK2 file is cleared on reboot. We have tried creating deleting the nk2 file to have OL create a new one, created a new OL profile with no luck. When we copied another users nk2 file to his directory and renamed it to his profile the data is picked up, but no new address are stored. outlook writes to the file when it closes - so it seems outlook is not closing correctly. is there a pda or an application using outlook data? if so, close it first. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? h...

Problem trying to open old money file

amalgamating archive files
I have several archive files and I'd like to combine them into a single one. Is there a way to do this? Thanks. Howie ...

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Converting Access 2000 to Access 2003 or XP
I have Access 2000 on my home PC and want to install it on my business PC. I also need to upgrade this program. Do I upgrade first, then bring it to work? Also, if the software is licensed to me at home, can I install it on my business computer as well? Thank you. No, each install has to have its own separate license. The Access 2000 on your home PC is only licensed for you home PC. If you are planning to upgrade, you would be better off buying the full installation of Office 2003 or Office 2002 to install on your business machine. If installing Office 2002/2003 to more than one machin...

Creating PDF No Longer Works in Any Office Product
I'm not sure when things stopped working. I have MSO 2003 and Windows 2007. When I hit the PDF button in Excel, it starts going through the PDF motions but then Excel locks up and stops responding. In Word, the screen blinks a few times and then just goes back to Word without making the PDF. This is getting frustrating, any ideas? Try this first if you use Excel 2007 Run Office Diagnostics. Office Button>Excel Options...Resources -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Need an open house sign in sheet

cannot open excel file from outlook

SheetName (Application.Caller.Parent.Name) Forces Excel to Save File
I have a VBA function in Excel that I have been using for years that will display the sheet name in a cell. The VBA function is as follows: Function SheetName() As String Application.Volatile SheetName = Application.Caller.Parent.Name End Function This works great. However, I have found that if I am using this function if I open a worksheet and not change anything Excel will prompt me if I want to save the worksheet if I have not made any changes. Why is this happening and is there a way to prevent this from happening? Thanks, Mike The problem may be Application.Volitile If ...

CRM4: IIS 7.0 on Win2k8
Hi all, I'm using the following code on entity's OnLoad event to load a JavaScript file: =================================== function LoadFile(url, cache) { var httpRequest = new ActiveXObject('Msxml2.XMLHTTP'); httpRequest.open('GET', url, false); if (!cache) httpRequest.setRequestHeader('If-Modified-Since', 'Sat, 1 Jan 2000 00:00:00 GMT'); httpRequest.send(null); return httpRequest.responseText; } LoadFile('/ISV/COMPANY/script.js', false) =================================== I am accessing CRM using Web Client from the ser...

Update complete excel file online
Dear all, Hope you can help me with this problem. An excel file is updated on a daily basis and can only be found on the internet. The basic format of this file is always the same, the only changing aspect is the data. How, or if even possible, could I implement something (e.g. a button?) which automatically implements the updated sheet from the Internet. I am really looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks a lot and best regards, ...

opening links

Update Link Tables from Excel
I recently got an update from Office 97 to Office 2003. We're just slightly behind the times. Anyway, I had an access database in 97 that would link to an Excel file that I would use to add data to the Excel file based upon information in a master table in Access. Now when I try to run the query in Access 2003, it gives me an error that it is not an updateable query. I suppose I could export the master data to an Excel spreadsheet and use a VLookup function, copy and paste to all the records that need to be updated and the copy and paste values, but I originally did...

2002 Symbol Insert Problem
Hi, Using Excel 2002 under WinXP Pro SP2: I wanted to insert a Wingdings symbol, but was unable, because the font list only showed fonts from "A" to "S". Since Wingdings starts with "W", I was unable to use the insert symbol Wingdings. The fonts from "A" to "Z" are "ALL" available when typing standard entries in Excel. All the fonts are also available in Word 2002, both in regular entry and using the symbol insert. Ditto in Publisher and PowerPoint, able to use insert symbol Windings. So, it looks like something happened to Exc...