CANNOT OPEN "OPTIONS" IN THE TOOL MENU

Hi guys,

When I choose Options in the Tools menu in Excel 97 I get a message telling
me the macro cannot run and displays the typical buttons End, Debug ....
The Personal Macro Workbook does not show any macros when I go to Tools,
Macro, Macros.

I am not a programmer so I'm in the dark about this one.

It works fine on the other pc.

Would greatly appreciate any help on this one.

pcw.

0
ph (3)
8/24/2005 12:10:13 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

If a macro is trying to run when you choose tools|options, maybe you can just
reset that toolbar.

Tools|customize|toolbars tab
Select worksheet menu bar and click reset

You will lose any customized changes to that toolbar--but you can add them back
later.

--

Dave Peterson
0

> If a macro is trying to run when you choose tools|options, maybe you can
> just
> reset that toolbar.
>
> Tools|customize|toolbars tab
> Select worksheet menu bar and click reset
>
> You will lose any customized changes to that toolbar--but you can add them
> back
> later.
>
> pcw wrote:
>>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> When I choose Options in the Tools menu in Excel 97 I get a message
>> telling
>> me the macro cannot run and displays the typical buttons End, Debug ....
>> The Personal Macro Workbook does not show any macros when I go to Tools,
>> Macro, Macros.
>>
>> I am not a programmer so I'm in the dark about this one.
>>
>> It works fine on the other pc.
>>
>> Would greatly appreciate any help on this one.
>>
>> pcw.
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
ph (3)
8/24/2005 5:56:17 PM
"pcw" <ph@trc.ie> wrote in news:mx2Pe.4391$R5.902@news.indigo.ie:

> Tried that. It didn't work. Thanks all the same.
>

>>> When I choose Options in the Tools menu in Excel 97 I get a message
>>> telling
>>> me the macro cannot run and displays the typical buttons End, Debug
>>> .... The Personal Macro Workbook does not show any macros when I go
>>> to Tools, Macro, Macros.

Then it probably is a macro that is stored on and run from the personal.xls
on the other PC.

Try to copy it to this computer's personal.xls as well or include it in the
spreadsheet concerned.

--

It is I, DeauDeau
(Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo)

close excel
windows start button|run
excel /safe

Tools|options...

Do you still have the same problem?

Starting excel in safe mode will not let macros run.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Options are set, but Outlook doesn't notify when e-mails arrive
I recently had Office 2003 Small Business Edition with Contact Manager installed. I have set the email options to notify me when emails arrive, but nothing is happening. Send/Receive works. Any ideas? The email must go to your Inbox to get any notification. If you have rules set up to move mail to other folders when it arrives, you won't get any notification. Could that be the problem? "Pam" wrote: > I recently had Office 2003 Small Business Edition with Contact Manager > installed. I have set the email options to notify me when emails arrive, but > nothing ...

Restrictions, when trying to open
Hello, I am running an XP machine with Zone alarm and Norton antivirus active. Also have Earthlink Total Access running. What setting needs to be changed to allow using the Tool dropdown, and opening Internet options? Also, when opening any link, the color remains the same for the text after closing, so I don't know which link I have already looked at. Using Google as the search line. Thanks in advance for your help. Bob Does any of this have anything to do with Outlook? I'm just trying to check where your mix of software & settings intersects with Outlook. "Bob" &l...

Excel page setup options
When somebody in our company saves a spreadsheet and emails it out, the one of the recipients tries to print it, the original person's printe settings are used. The problem is that some of the people here us locked printing and others use a document server (and everyone has different userID). Is there any way to tell Excel to use the setting from local driver and not the spreadsheet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I don't know what "locked printing" means, but in my experience, it's simpler to ask the originator to modify the worksheet's print s...

Dual Internet Options with SBS2008
SBS 2008 Std Windows 2008 (Running Terminal Services) DSL Internet Cable Internet Sonicwall TZ200 firewall I have a situation where a company has a new SBS2008 Std server they just stood up. They are also planning on standing up a Windows 2008 server to run Terminal (Remote Desktop) services. They also need to run a SQL Server to support a LOB application that the internal and remote (terminal) users will be able to get to. To add to it they are looking at setting up dual internet connections via DSL and Cable for redundancy in case they a single lose internet. Knowi...

Changing Picklist Options
Hello, We currently have a picklist with four options. The users want to put in new options and remove the original four options. Am I correct in thinking that deleting the original options is not a good move as it will make old record values invalid? If so, is there a way to "disable" the original options? Thx. Removing options from a picklist will also remove them from all records. Consider the following workaround: add the new options to the picklist first and change the values of the existing records. You can use the bulk edit feature to quickly modify these records. I...

Outlook 2007 Advanced Find options greyed ou
Hi All For some reason in Outlook when I go to the advanced find to search for mails from a specific date with a specific subject all the advanced options From Body Subject To Add Criteria are greyed out, it is prompting me to click here to inable instant search but we have alot of users and don't want to go installing windows desktop search on peoples machines. Surely our users can run the advanced find without installing this? Thanks in advance for any help! Gerry ...

If I wanted to open an access form and have its recordset based on a value on my current form Options
Would I set a string that stays in memory on the click event and then base the recordset on that string on the new form? I have a form that opens in continuous mode. It shows all tickets assigned to a tech. I want the tech to be able to click on one of the tickets and a different form opens up based on the ticket he clicked on. at first i thought i could base the value using something like Forms! MyForm.FieldName but since I have the form opening up in Continuous mode, i didn't think that would work. Thank you and hope that makes sense. "mgworek" <mgworek@voicetechinc....

Deactivate product at HQ and at Store Options
I deativated about 100 product out of my HQ database, using the wizard. After my stores connected to HQ, those products are still active in the SO databases. Is there some other worksheet I should be running?? I'm stumped. Create a WS250 that is created based on a filter of Inactive = YES. When the stores process the WS250, it'll update the inactive items. Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail "jessica from Greencoast" wrote: > I deativated about 100 product out of my HQ database, using the wizard. > After my stores connected to HQ, those products are still activ...

How do I set Save Options?
I'm working with a Excel file created & saved on a secure network site by another user. I wanted to reset the save options for this file so I clicked File/Save As/Tools and expected to see General Options as a choice to choose to set the save options. General Options was not displayed. I chose properties under the Tools dialog box, set my ID as owner and gave my ID full permissions and then saved the file. When I tried to reset the save options again I still do not get the General Options dialog box. I have no trouble performing this task with other files. Help! I couldn&#...

Send options for one receipent
I'd like to set one email receipent's send options to be different from others. When I start an email for this user I can go into options and set it's priority, a different reply address, etc. I want this to be the same for the receipent all the time. Is there away I can set a default for this? Hi M.Siler, TOOLS | EMAIL ACCOUNTS | View or change existing Accounts | There you can change the default account. Is this what you asking for? -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de...

per-recipient send options
Hi. I am using outlook 2003 on my home computer. How do I use per-recipient send options? After selecting a recipient in the To box, and then selecting it, I click advanced, then send options. I get the error message, "Per-recipient send options could not be set. The recipient has no options specified." So where can/do I set these options? Thanks for any help. ERic I think you can only use those if you're attached to an Exchange Server. "Eric Swope" <EricSwope@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2CA89C2-CA47-4BD0-9095-6233DBC8CA5D@m...

Problem in opening the Connectivity Options....
Using - Wince 6.0 Visual studio 2005. When i click "Connectivity Options..." i get a popup window "Platform Builder was unable to read the device settings from the Datastore" (This is popped up by c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common 7\IDE\devenv.exe I have searched for this topic and tried the suggested solutions such as deleting the folder CoreCon under Document and settings directories etc. But nothing seems to work... Should I have to reinstall the Wince 6.0 ? or Visual Studio 2005 ? This problem started when I had to reinstall the vi...

Delivery Options Does Not Show Up.
I need to setup an alternative recipient to one of my mailboxes but I can't seem to find the Delivery Options Button under "Exchange Advanced" tab of ADU&C. I can only see three options: Custom Attributes ILS Settings Mailbox Rights What am I missing. It should be there. Thanks for your time Percy it's on the Exchange General tab... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Percy" <Percy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:845C7BCF-BB5B-4E56-9CB6-5C05F32F3A9E@microsoft.com... >I need to setup an alternative recipient to one of my mailboxes but ...

Delivery Options #2
We have Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 and the Delivery Option does not work: "Do not deliver before:" Is there a reason for this? Not in cached mode nor online mode. Thanks, Exchange2003 On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 11:00:03 -0700, Exchange2003 <Exchange2003@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 and the Delivery Option does not work: >"Do not deliver before:" > >Is there a reason for this? > >Not in cached mode nor online mode. > >Thanks, >Exchange2003 It works on a very vanilla install. Probably need to go t...

Shortcut Tools - Options
I was wondering if somebody would know the shortcut key to toggle between "Tools - Options - Calculation - Automatic" and "Tools - Options - Calculation - Manual". Do I have to assign one or is there already one? If the former, how should I go about it? I know that I could push a Shift+F9 to recalculate but I would also like to do the toggling. Thankyou for any response. Vince You could set up a macro that toggles between calculation modes. Option Explicit Sub toggleCalculation() Dim msg As String With Application If .Calculation = xlManual Then...

Payables Trial Balance Report with Options
I am trying to run an A/P Trial Balance Report today that will give me the A/P balance at January 31, 2007. I keep getting the balance as as February 28, 2007. I've run the same report for A/R and am able to get the balance as at January 31, 2007. Currently using GP 9.0. With my previous employer who was also using GP 9.0, I sure that we were able to run an A/P Trial Balance report for a previous period. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I my be missing or what may be set up incorrectly? -- JR JR, The only date that you can spcify on the Aged Trial Balance With Options, ...

Dynamic, Static Worksheet Options Not Appearing
I've noticed that some Client Systems when accessing the 'Send to Excel' feature do not show the 'How do you Wish to Export Screen' and rather just go straight to sending the information to a static Excel Worksheet and hence not offering the user any option to export to a Dynamic Sheet or Pivtol Table. This problem only occurs on some Client Systems and only when using Office 2002. I'm presuming that it is because some kind of Excel component or module is not installed on those Clients and so MsCrm does not provide the option - but it is only certain Office 2002...

pst backup/mirror options?
Hey all, We have a rather unique set up... Individual pc's with outlook running on them (mostly 2003) NOT connected to a domain but they are connected to a server, which the majority of users use as a file share. The server gets backed up every night, but the individual machines do not. Due to people saving on the network, the only things which really require backup are 'e-mails' i.e. outlook.pst. The most logical option is to store the pst's directly on the server and then back them up like that. However, in the even of server failure / downtime / pc needing to be out of t...

No Options
I want to send an email with the "Approve/Disapprove" option. But when I open to start a new email message, my options is greyed out and I cannot select it. Thanks. Are you using Outlook Rich Text Format to send the message? It is required for voting buttons to work. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Cowbell asked: | I want to send an emai...

Web Mail options
Is there a way to increase the messages that a user can view through Web Mail? The default maximum is 100. Thanks, Jim They can view all of them - you're talking about the number of messages per page, I suspect. Jim wrote: > Is there a way to increase the messages that a user can > view through Web Mail? The default maximum is 100. > > Thanks, > Jim ...

Autosave options in Excel 2000
I am trying to enable Autosave of all open workbooks without prompting. I make the changes, click OK. Everything is fine until the next time I start Excel when the default options come back. I'm sure it was working the way I want it to before I had a major disaster and had to reload everything so what, please, have I forgotten to do? I thought that one of the service packs to xl2k fixed this. Since you're using xl2k, you may want to look for updates. But here's a workaround (but still look for updates)... Create a workbook with this code in a general module: Option Expl...

"Show Placeholders" in options/view menu does'nt work.
I have a macro that places a large number of pictures on a spreadsheet. I would like the pictures to show as "placeholders" to speed up viewing/editing. The only problem is that this feature (under Tools/Options/View) does not work. All the images are being display normally. I have tried this in Excel 2000/2003/XP with the same result. This feature works great in MS Word. Please help. To see what I'm talking about. Go to Tools/Options/View and check the "Show Placeholders" option. Now insert a picture or clipart. The image will be displayed normally instead of just a b...

Need help please!! regarding SBS 2003 and vpn or other options
Hi all! Let me first start off by stating i am very computer savvy, and have enough knowledge of sbs 2003 to have had it set up and running well in our office for about 3 years now, but i am struggling with this issue. We have many users in the office who connect remotely to their computers using logmein. We want to move away from this and take advantage of either vpn or remote desktop connections to access files/desktop outside of our office, as we are currently doing with logmein. I have read many articles over the net explaining vpn and how to set it up, etc,...

Closed Positions of Equity Options in Money 2004 dissapear
Most of the equity options positions that are closed in my portfolio simply dissapear from everywhere I am aware of looking. They do not show in the Portfolio view, in the investments reports, in the list of investments in the Work With Investments menu. However, the transactions appear in both the investment account registry and the cash account registry. I´m not sure if the portfolio totals are correct and if these totals include the missing options gains or losses. Does anyone have encountered a similar problem and what is the solution? Thanks for the help In microsoft.public....

Excel 2003 Autocorrect Options problem
Hi-- I just got a new computer at work with Excel 2003 on it. Whenever I try to choose "Tools/AutoCorrect Options" the Basic File Seach Task Pane opens up instead of the AutoCorrect Options Box. I was curious if anyone else was seeing this behavior. I can get into the AutoCorrect Options Dialog box through Word, but not through Excel. I'm willing to try re-installing XL2003, but don't want to hassle with it, if others are having the same problem. Thanks! Laura :-) No problems here, try to repair it under help>detect and repair (keep the cd handy if asked for) --...