Cannot open Excel attachments

Hello, I have a user that cannot open Excel attachments from inside Outlook.
He gets a security message and is given an option to save the attachments or
cancel. He can open all other attachments without this warning appearing. I
checked his registry and he has .xls files in the exception that is posted
on the MS KB. He has Excel 2002 and Outlook 2002. His e-mail comes through
an Exchange server. I do not have special security settings in place for
this user. I cannot find anything else on Google or MS. Please help. Thank
you.

Aaron

0
Aaron5754 (2)
8/25/2004 8:16:34 PM
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Aaron hu kiteb:

> Hello, I have a user that cannot open Excel attachments from inside
> Outlook. He gets a security message and is given an option to save
> the attachments or cancel. He can open all other attachments without
> this warning appearing. I checked his registry and he has .xls files
> in the exception that is posted on the MS KB. He has Excel 2002 and
> Outlook 2002. His e-mail comes through an Exchange server. I do not
> have special security settings in place for this user. I cannot find
> anything else on Google or MS. Please help. Thank you.

workaround: have him save the attachment and then open it the same way
he'd open any other file.

Fabian
Visit my website often and for long periods!
http://www.lajzar.co.uk

0
lajzar (58)
8/25/2004 10:37:09 PM
Fabian

Try this fix

Copy this into notpad - change 1st to lines to suit

c:
cd\program files\microsoft office\office
excel /regserver

save file as ExcelRegFix.cmd

run saved file from explorer or run command

---

> Fabian
>
> Try this fix

Thanks, but no thanks.

This is why. When you post from websites such as this, often, they
pretend that they are teh owners of teh discussion board in question.
This thread is a part of newsnet, and is in no way shape or form owned
or maintained by excelforum.com. Had you seen this thread in its proper
environment, you would have seen the proper sequence of posts and
replies, and would easily have noted that I am not in fact the one with
this difficulty.

Fabian
Visit my website often and for long periods!
http://www.lajzar.co.uk

0
lajzar (58)
8/26/2004 3:47:43 AM
Hello, I am posting via Outlook Express and my ISPs news server. I think I
missed something here. The user has been saving and then opening but would
like to just open since he gets alot of requests to just print out various
forms for other people. Thank you again.

Aaron
"Fabian" <lajzar@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Fabian
> >
> > Try this fix
>
> Thanks, but no thanks.
>
> > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/
>
> This is why. When you post from websites such as this, often, they
> pretend that they are teh owners of teh discussion board in question.
> This thread is a part of newsnet, and is in no way shape or form owned
> or maintained by excelforum.com. Had you seen this thread in its proper
> environment, you would have seen the proper sequence of posts and
> replies, and would easily have noted that I am not in fact the one with
> this difficulty.

> Fabian
> Visit my website often and for long periods!
> http://www.lajzar.co.uk

0
Aaron5754 (2)

excel to get data from an access database
I need excel to get data from an access database similar to vlookup function from an excel table. In order to have only specific records copied to your Excel file, the query needs to include selection criteria (and sort order if necessary). Otherwise, all records get copied and you then need to create lookup formulas or use filters to restrict the set of record. If you are not familiar with Access queries, have someone who is create one for you as a stored query object in the database file. You can then use the Data>Import (Get) External Data and choose the query as your record sour...

How to create/embed table or existing Excel spreadsheet into Lotus Notes 6.5 email
I have been successful in creating and sending an email through Lotus Notes. However, I need to be able to format the body so that the message is more presentable. Currently, I filter a spreadsheet based on two named ranges and send an email to the SOX audit team member and copy the SOX control owner. I copy the values from selected columns on the visible rows and separate those values by tabs. However, the presentation is bad as the data is variable in length and therefore the alignment is not correct. I would like to learn how to create/embed either a table into the Lotus Notes email bo...

Office 07 Excel chart title position
I want my chart title to be positioned above the chart /plot area, can't do it. "above the chart" does not position the title above the chart, it leaves exactly where "centered overlay title" put it. Help please (& thank you) An option would be to use worksheet cells to add your title rather than using the chart itself. Using worksheet cells positioned directly over the top of your chart would allow you to control the title location as well as expand the area available for the plot. -- John Mansfield cellmatrix.net "Eve Allen" wrote: > I w...

Problem with Excel 2003 restricting functionality
I have MS Excel 2003 installed on my computer. When I open a new workbook and click on any cell, the pointer goes to a white cross or plus symbol. Then I am unable to do anything. I can move the mouse anywhere on the sheet and it highlights the cells that the pointer has gone over as if I am selecting a range/group of cells such as you would if you were going to delete them or clear contents. I try to right click and nothing happens. I move the pointer over the tool bar, it does nothing. I hit <ESC> and still nothing. The only thing that does anything is going into the task manage...

Exporting to Excel
My Access 2002's export interface (ISAM) seems to be associated with earlier versions of Excel and limits the numbers of rows that can be exported to 16,000. How do I fix it so that I can export more rows? Among the less technical ideas, you might first confirm that all current updates and Export filters have been installed. AFAIK, Access '02 should be able to export more than 16,000 records if the appropriate filters are available... unless you mean that an older Excel format must be used. You might also consider exporting as a text file & then importing that to Excel as ...

email attachments 12-02-04
I'm unable to attach in photos, orshare any using msn9, but can open explorer and do that from there. It says its been blocked. How do I unblock this. I have to stop and open IE to send anyphotos what so ever. ...

What is an addin (in Excel) and how can we create one?
Hi, I want to know what an excel addin is and how to create an excel addin (not the method Save as .xla) for say, to check the occurances of an item. In Col A, several items are listed like item1, item2, item3 etc upto item10. Some items repeat more than once. Can an addin be created to check the no. of occurances of AN item in this list? If so how> Thank You Hi Shajueasow, See: http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut03.htm for a tutorial. --- Regards, Norman "shajueasow" <shajueasow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9DC9E994-13FE-4FFA-957E-10...

Excel 2000 question.
Hello, Group: I am looking to run a macro that pauses for input. For example to bend metal, I would like to have the macro ask for number of bends, then continue in the computation. Thanks, --tj Dim numBends As Long On Error Resume Next numBends = InputBox("Number of bends") On Error GoTo 0 If numBends > 0 Then 'rest of code End If -- __________________________________ HTH Bob <techjohnny@gmail.com> wrote in message news:66a3c982-1496-4d73-8284-0a630e498706@l42g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > Hello, Group: > > I am looking ...

Publisher 2000

opening links in outlook

excel as a database #2
Is there a limit to how many text characters that can go into a cell? Phill Yes 32,767 characters, approx 1,024 visible in the cell -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "Phill" <phill.hudson@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:ccesl0$g3u$1@titan.btinternet.com... > Is there a limit to how many text characters that can go into a cell? > > Phill > > Phill, A cell can hold 32K characters, but only about 1K will be visible. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MV...

Problem trying to open old money file

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Need an open house sign in sheet

excel filesizing
Any idea how to change the maximum size of an excel file from 65K? Not possible -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:290c601c4644c$8a69d420$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Any idea how to change the maximum size of an excel file > from 65K? Hi Poe, What does filesizing mean?. ( Is the person referring to number of rows in a spreadsheet? ) Regards, Hari India "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvp.org> wrote in message news:ei3ON0EZ...

SheetName (Application.Caller.Parent.Name) Forces Excel to Save File
I have a VBA function in Excel that I have been using for years that will display the sheet name in a cell. The VBA function is as follows: Function SheetName() As String Application.Volatile SheetName = Application.Caller.Parent.Name End Function This works great. However, I have found that if I am using this function if I open a worksheet and not change anything Excel will prompt me if I want to save the worksheet if I have not made any changes. Why is this happening and is there a way to prevent this from happening? Thanks, Mike The problem may be Application.Volitile If ...

cannot open excel file from outlook

opening links

Update complete excel file online
Dear all, Hope you can help me with this problem. An excel file is updated on a daily basis and can only be found on the internet. The basic format of this file is always the same, the only changing aspect is the data. How, or if even possible, could I implement something (e.g. a button?) which automatically implements the updated sheet from the Internet. I am really looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks a lot and best regards, ...

Creating folders from Excel Columns

Update Link Tables from Excel
I recently got an update from Office 97 to Office 2003. We're just slightly behind the times. Anyway, I had an access database in 97 that would link to an Excel file that I would use to add data to the Excel file based upon information in a master table in Access. Now when I try to run the query in Access 2003, it gives me an error that it is not an updateable query. I suppose I could export the master data to an Excel spreadsheet and use a VLookup function, copy and paste to all the records that need to be updated and the copy and paste values, but I originally did...