Cannot insert/move/copy tabs

The sheets tab at the bottom of the screen?
In excell I have a bunch of spreadsheets where the insert / delete / rename
/ etc...
is greyed out.  The File > Properties is also greyed out.  I can make
changes and
save the doc, just not change the sheets

--
Dave

0
none7122 (7)
8/2/2006 11:35:58 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Sounds like the workbook is protected.  Go to Tools on the menubar,
then Protection.  Unprotect the workbook.  James

David Allen wrote:
> The sheets tab at the bottom of the screen?
> In excell I have a bunch of spreadsheets where the insert / delete / rename
> / etc...
> is greyed out.  The File > Properties is also greyed out.  I can make
> changes and
> save the doc, just not change the sheets
>
> --
> Dave

0
jkend69315 (38)
8/3/2006 12:21:20 AM
duh

thankx that did the trick
I had to crack the password.
I have no idea why someone would use a password on this sheet?

thankx

--
Dave

<jkend69315@aol.com> wrote in message
> Sounds like the workbook is protected.  Go to Tools on the menubar,
> then Protection.  Unprotect the workbook.  James
>
> David Allen wrote:
>> The sheets tab at the bottom of the screen?
>> In excell I have a bunch of spreadsheets where the insert / delete /
>> rename
>> / etc...
>> is greyed out.  The File > Properties is also greyed out.  I can make
>> changes and
>> save the doc, just not change the sheets
>>
>> --
>> Dave

0
none7122 (7)

Cross site move missing X500 adress
At a client, we are moving users from 4 Exch 5.5 sites to a fifth site with Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2003 servers (users are being move to an Exchange 2k3 Cluster )... We have done the move for all of mailboxes on these sites, but the mailboxes that were moved last night, are missing their second X500 address, the new one created for the new Exchange2K3 server address... As a result, these users can't get email from outside, since mail flow is routed trough one of the Exchange 5.5 sites that is being moved... Wondering if there is a way to add the second X500 address, and if not, ...

How do I copy a pie chart (just the circular pie) into powerpoint
I need to copy the circular pies into a powerpoint document (to place on top of a map) - I can't figure out how to do it without copying the whole chart (ie the square box surround it with the legend and title - I've deleted these but don't know how to seperate it from the pie) Can anyone help?? ...

Email Time changes when email is moved
I'm using OL2002 w/XP at work. I've noticed that when I move an email from the server Inbox to a Personal folder, the time on the email stays the same. But if I move the email back to the Inbox, it loses 7 hours, but if I again move it to a Personal folder, it stays the same! Back to the Inbox, and it loses another 7 hours. I've check OL's time zone and it's correct. Ironically, I'm in MST, which is -7 GMT. Not exactly a catastrophe, but very annoying! Any ideas? Thanks. ...

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Copying and pasting a series of cells
When I copy and paste the following cell > =IF('13'!B13>0,'13'!B13,NA()) to the remainder of the days of the month, what I get is > =IF('13'!B14>0,'13'!B14,NA()) > =IF('13'!B15>0,'13'!B15,NA()) > etc But what I want to get is > =IF('14'!B13>0,'14'!B13,NA()) > =IF('15'!B13>0,'15'!B13,NA()) > etc I'd even settle for > =IF('13'!B13>0,'13'!B13,NA()) > =IF('13'!b13>0,'13'!B13,NA()) > etc whereafter I could just modify the fo...

Insert trigger

How To Copy Rows without Work Art
I have some Word Art in say Rows 9-23, I use some Macro code to copy cells 9-23 down to 10 grouped rows below 23, but everytime I run the Macro it also copies a 'New' Work Art over the existing Art below Row 15. My fear is that my file size will balloon. My code simply states Sheets("Starters").Select Rows("9:23").Select Selection.Copy Range("A25").Select ActiveSheet.Paste Range("A41").Select ActiveSheet.Paste How can I copy Rows 9-23 without the WorkArt also (which is 'floating' over Rows 14-18) Thanks Anot...

inserting hrs and minutes

installing network service dll (vmnetbridge.dll) fails to copy into system32
Trying to install a network service vmnetbridge.dll fails with err msg. "An error occured while copying file vmnetbridge.dll. Cannot copy file to destination directory. c:\windows User is in local admin group. UAC is set to OFF. Driver is digitally signed by Vmware, inc. Please advice how to rectify. QA4Ever ...

How to know what rule have moved an incoming message?
Hello How to know what rule have moved an incoming message to "deleted items" folder, or because of what IP address in the incoming message header the message have been moved to "deleted items" folder? There's a rule moving messages from spam IP addresses to the folder. Hi Dmitriy, Most likely it is the built-in Junk email filter. You can change the level of sensitivity under Tools | Option | JunkEmail ... HTH Harvey Yancey [MSFT] harveyy@online.microsoft.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Dmitriy Ko...

Exchange Advanced Tab In Users Properties
Hi To All, I just wondering in my New Exchange 2000 Server when I click the properties of Users in Active Directory there is no Exchange Advanced Tab in the properties of Users. Can I have some TIPS how to activate this. Thanks, Emslan I believe it is the View menu under Active Directory Users and Computers, Select the Advanced Features. "emslan" <emslan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FBD0BF5D-A5A6-45DE-B194-DB81D092DA80@microsoft.com... > Hi To All, > I just wondering in my New Exchange 2000 Server when I click the > properties > of Use...

meeting invites moved to deleted folder
Why do the meeting notices I receive in Outlook 2000 get moved into the deleted items folder after I accept the meeting? Where can I changes this to leave them in my In Box until I choose to delete them? Because once you've accepted the meeting, you have the item in your calendar. You don't need the meeting invite anymore. What's your goal? Pops wrote: > Why do the meeting notices I receive in Outlook 2000 get > moved into the deleted items folder after I accept the > meeting? Where can I changes this to leave them in my In > Box until I choose to delete them? ...

Moving Average
Is there a formula for calculating the moving average for a group of numbers ? Thanks I'm assuming that you want a running average (at least, that's how I am interpreting it) Assuming your values are in column A and your average in column B the formula in B1 should be as follows: =Average($A$1:A1) then just copy and paste it down the rest of the column and it will calculate the average as numbers are added. Steven Bitaxi sbitaxi@yorku.ca wrote: > I'm assuming that you want a running average (at least, that's how I am > interpreting it) I think the OP want...

Need fast way to move from cell to home
What is the quickest way to move from a cell to home (A1) in Excel? I thought you could click on something or hold down two keys in order to accomplish this, just can't remember. Thanks. CTRL+HOME -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Debbie" <Debbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5A4892A-F180-47FA-A9F0-F91BA3CAFA64@microsoft.com... > What is the quickest way to move from a cell to home (A1) in Excel? I > thought you could click on something or hold down two keys in order to > accomplish this, just can't remember. T...

Copy an integration
Is there any way to copy an integration created in Integration Manager? It will be ideal if I can rename an existing integration that will serve as a basis for another integration. Thanks, -- Patti hi Patti In the past I have used the Save AS otion int he file menu to creat a copy. Just remember that teh surce is the same on both copies and it you change one it effects both integrations. Cheers -- Fliehigh "Patti Foo" wrote: > Is there any way to copy an integration created in Integration Manager? It > will be ideal if I can rename an existing integration that ...

Exporting Excel Charts in Separate Tabs
I have an excel file with different charts on each tab. The Excel file has at least 20 tabs and I would like to export them into Word as a separate sheet per tab for a reference guide. Is there a way to export from excel without having to cut and paste each tab? I am using MS Office 2003. ...

Insert with a where condition

How to copy specific columns until end of data
I'm trying to import data from 2 workbooks into a summary (combination) workbook. The trouble I'm having, is I want to import only certain columns and have excel know to stop at the last row with data. For example, from Workbook1 I want to import columns A, B, C, F, and G (from Sheet2). I want it to copy up to the last row containing any data--right now that's row 1046, but next month it could be row 1267. In workbook2 I'm fine with it copying the CurrentRegion--all columns are important. BUT, it doesn't include the title/category heads in the first row (Salesperson, ...

Insert

copy and paste macros
I have a workbook that has several macros in it. I created anothe similar workbook that uses the old workbook and macros as the basi platform for the new workbook. I copied and pasted the old macros t the new workbook. When I ran the macros after creating the ne workbook, everything worked fine. I emailed the program to my hom computer, and when I try to run the macros there, I get a run-tim error. What it looks like to me is the new workbook is trying t access the old workbooks macros. That is why it works on the compute I created the workbook on and not on my home computer, where I do ...

Inbox Email is automatically being moved to Deleted Items
Help - A number of important emails keep getting automatically moved to Deleted Items. I have not set up any rules like this. Is there some setting I can change to ensure this doesn't happen try opening outlook using the resetfolders switch. If you don't know how to do this, see http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/switches.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/...

how to insert data in a table