cannot get office 2003 professional to install on my laptop

I just bought office 2003 professional. I am running Windows XP. When
i put the disc in the pc, it is very slow reading it. Then, it will
get stuck trying to read a file, and after a while i get a message
that there is no CD in the drive. I have cleaned the disk. The disc
drive will play a movie fine, and just yeserday downloaded office 97
professional with no apparent problems? I have tried several times to
load, with the same result. I am using 25 digit product key. Am i
mussing something?

Thanks,

Tonso
0
Tonso
1/16/2010 8:20:51 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Outlook 2003 and junkmail and rules
the outlook 2003 junkmail filter worked well until i added a simple rule to move all incoming messages for my 2nd email account to a folder. the spam addressed to that email account remains in the folder i specified. i could not find any way to configure the junkmail filter to make it function properly. it appears that all my new messages must remain in the inbox folder for the junk mail filter to be effective. ...

Disable MS Office Button & Navigation Pane
Is it possible to remove the 'New', 'Open' and 'Save As','Close Database' and 'Access Options' options from the MS Office Button? I created a custom Ribbon that strips everything out, but would like to get these options out of the hands of the users. Also, is it possible to hide the Navigation Bar as well? My app very thoroughly handles user navigation, not to mention that I don't want the users to have access to any of these options at all. ...

Office 97 to Office XP
We are currently running Access 97 and are thinking of upgrading to Office XP. Does anyone know if there are any issues with converting all existing Access databases from 97 to XP? Is it just as simple as clicking a Convert Database button when the database is opened in XP? Hi Tracey, Sometimes it's just a matter of clicking the button, but things can get complicated. See the following for more info: Access 2.0 and Access 97 to Access 2000/2003 conversion issues/problems/bugs: http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/conversionproblems.htm To Access 2002 or 3: http://support.microsoft.com/...

Windows only recognizes 2GB of RAM and there is 4GB installed
Hi. I've been having some issues with my laptop and RAM ever since I got it, and am really getting tired of being so limited by vista on only 2 gigs of RAM. I have been trying to search for a fix of my problem and haven't yet found a solution so I'm hoping someone might know what to do. Here's the issue. I have 4GB of RAM physically installed in the computer. I've checked bios, and it confirms the 4GB. When I view system information in windows, it too shows 4GB of RAM installed, but when I view the task manager, my system resource tab shows only 2GB of physica...

how can I download 2003 on new computer with no CD drive?
I have Office 2003 PE disc, but bought new laptop without CD Drive. Tried to transfer from one laptop CD Drive to new one with USB cable, but wouldn't connect. How can I download from internet and then add my activation code - product key? Or connect one computer to the other? You need either an external CD, a local network connection to a PC with a CD drive or copy the CD to a thumbdrive and install from that. You can't download from the internet. childcare trainer wrote: > I have Office 2003 PE disc, but bought new laptop without CD Drive. Tried to > transfe...

Outlook 2003 error #16
My PC crashed last night, and when I restarted it, Outlook 2003 gave an error message that the personal folders had been improperly terminated, and it was trying to recover. That message disappeared after a few seconds, and a normal-looking Outlook window came up. But now, when I try to send/recieve email, I get the error message: Task 'Verizon Main - Receiving' reported error (0x80040600) : 'Unknown Error 0x80040600' Is there a way to recover Outlook without losing the inbox, which contains numerous unread emails? Running Vista Home Premium edition. In the first in...

NOT INSTALLING
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel NOW I AM USING MICROSOFT OFFICE 2004 INJ MY MAC.I HAVE DOWNLOADED THE MAC 2008 UPDATE AND I HAD INSTALLED IT. IT GOES UPTO THE LICENSE AGREEMENT AFTER THAT IT SHOWS A RED EXCLAMATORY BAR ON THE MACINTOSH HRAD DISK AND IT DOES NOT CONTINUE INSTALLATION. WHAT CAN I DO? On 4/1/08 7:06 AM, in article ee96f5a.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "ARVINDHAN@officeformac.com" <ARVINDHAN@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: intel > > NOW I AM U...

Adding Junk Senders in 2003
I know how to add names to the junk senders list one at a time. Is there away to mass add names? I had over 20 names and didn't want to add the names one by one. Is there a script to add several at once? ...

Exchange 2003 Load balance and cluster
We have two identical machines that we want to load balance and cluster for exchange 2003. the load balance does not want to start. any reason why? Oh yah. I guess my question is that if it is possible to run the laod balance and the cluster on the same two servers "Ashu" wrote: > We have two identical machines that we want to load balance and cluster for > exchange 2003. the load balance does not want to start. any reason why? No,does not support NLB and cluster on same machine! You should rub cluster with your exchange 2003! -- Jammyù�ٴ� "Ashu" &l...

A Crystal Beginner

Office 97 Re-Install
Have a legimate cd for office 97. It is an upgrade version but I don't have the underlying (older version) software that the installer program is looking for. Is there any way to "fake out" the installer program? Point it back to the upgrade disk when it says it can't find Excel. -- Jim Cone San Francisco, USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware "Jim Coulter" <jimcmb@sc.rr.com> wrote in message Have a legimate cd for office 97. It is an upgrade version but I don't have the underlying (older version) software that the installer p...

GP 10 new install (trial)
Hello, I installed a trial version of GP 10 on a standalone PC to evaluate it. Install seems to complete without problem (includes SQL 2005 install) but when I first want to run Utilities I get an error message " an error occurred while using the bcp utility - data was not correctly copied to the server..." It says it's either a BCP install or ODBC issue. Re-installed everything, same result. Would anybody have a clue? This problem occurs if the User Account Control (UAC) feature is enabled in Windows Vista. However, you must disable the UAC feature if you want to run M...

Auto-forward from a mail-enabled public folder in Exchange 2003
We have a mail-enabled public folder that used to auto-forward to multiple people any-time it received email. Now that we have added an 2003 version of Exchange, that have been removed (by the installation?) and we are no longer able to auto-forward to more than a single person (using public folder properties) Is there something I am missing about how to get this set back up? ...

Hyperlinks in Office documents
WHen I insert hyperlinks in a local document, I browse to the (other local) document that I want to link to. For some reason, those links periodically turn into c:\. . . applicata_data\office, etc. hyperlinks and they break. Does anyone know why this happens and how to prevent it from happening? Thx Hi Joyce, what did the hyperlink address look like before and after -- complete link. how did you enter the hyperlink what version of Excel You can only have one workbook with the same file name (example.xls) open at time. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed ...

Get paid while you get online!!

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

How do I get??

Get notified when Out of Office is on