Can You Help Me Please....

 
I have been given the job of booking vouchers in at work.....they come in
pads of 20 and i have to list 200 books manually once a month.

The vouchers are all serial numbered and have to be booked in by serial
number and as I issue them ,they are booked out (you still with me?)

The voucher numbers will be something like 123501 - 123520, then the next
pad is 123521 to 123540 etc etc.

When I get them in I get an invoice which shows me the start and end
numbers, i'd love to try and set something up where i could enter the start
and end serial number and excel would create a sheet with all these numbers
enterred for me.

My worksheet displays the date i receive these vouchers in, the start number
and then the end number i.e. ...........................

        Date                Start Serial No                    End Serial No
    25 Nov 05            123501                                123520
    "    "    "                 123521                                123540



Can any kind person suggest a way of helping me achieve this, my experience
of Excel is a bit limited but i'll have a crack at anything.

Many Thanks

Dave







0
DB
11/25/2005 9:12:04 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

3 Replies
304 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 54

e Excel FILL function

Good luck!

end

"DB" <db002a3121(NOSPAM)@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message 
news:E6Lhf.15590$Lw5.14034@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>
> I have been given the job of booking vouchers in at work.....they come in
> pads of 20 and i have to list 200 books manually once a month.
>
> The vouchers are all serial numbered and have to be booked in by serial
> number and as I issue them ,they are booked out (you still with me?)
>
> The voucher numbers will be something like 123501 - 123520, then the next
> pad is 123521 to 123540 etc etc.
>
> When I get them in I get an invoice which shows me the start and end
> numbers, i'd love to try and set something up where i could enter the 
> start
> and end serial number and excel would create a sheet with all these 
> numbers
> enterred for me.
>
> My worksheet displays the date i receive these vouchers in, the start 
> number
> and then the end number i.e. ...........................
>
>        Date                Start Serial No                    End Serial 
> No
>    25 Nov 05            123501                                123520
>    "    "    "                 123521 
> 123540
>
>
>
> Can any kind person suggest a way of helping me achieve this, my 
> experience
> of Excel is a bit limited but i'll have a crack at anything.
>
> Many Thanks
>
> Dave
>
>
>
>
>
>
> 


0
ballensr (28)
11/25/2005 9:54:49 PM
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm may give you an even 
better approach.

end

"W. D. Allen Sr." <ballensr@adelphia.net> wrote in message 
news:geWdnVIoIrW1FRreRVn-gw@adelphia.com...
>e Excel FILL function
>
> Good luck!
>
> end
>
> "DB" <db002a3121(NOSPAM)@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message 
> news:E6Lhf.15590$Lw5.14034@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>>
>> I have been given the job of booking vouchers in at work.....they come in
>> pads of 20 and i have to list 200 books manually once a month.
>>
>> The vouchers are all serial numbered and have to be booked in by serial
>> number and as I issue them ,they are booked out (you still with me?)
>>
>> The voucher numbers will be something like 123501 - 123520, then the next
>> pad is 123521 to 123540 etc etc.
>>
>> When I get them in I get an invoice which shows me the start and end
>> numbers, i'd love to try and set something up where i could enter the 
>> start
>> and end serial number and excel would create a sheet with all these 
>> numbers
>> enterred for me.
>>
>> My worksheet displays the date i receive these vouchers in, the start 
>> number
>> and then the end number i.e. ...........................
>>
>>        Date                Start Serial No                    End Serial 
>> No
>>    25 Nov 05            123501                                123520
>>    "    "    "                 123521 123540
>>
>>
>>
>> Can any kind person suggest a way of helping me achieve this, my 
>> experience
>> of Excel is a bit limited but i'll have a crack at anything.
>>
>> Many Thanks
>>
>> Dave
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
ballensr (28)
11/25/2005 10:09:51 PM
 
Sussed it......so simple............

Mega Thanks

Dave :)


"W. D. Allen Sr." <ballensr@adelphia.net> wrote in message 
news:Ia2dncqVwcUzFhrenZ2dnUVZ_sidnZ2d@adelphia.com...
>
> http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm may give you an even 
> better approach.
>
> end
>
> "W. D. Allen Sr." <ballensr@adelphia.net> wrote in message 
> news:geWdnVIoIrW1FRreRVn-gw@adelphia.com...
>>e Excel FILL function
>>
>> Good luck!
>>
>> end
>>
>> "DB" <db002a3121(NOSPAM)@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message 
>> news:E6Lhf.15590$Lw5.14034@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>>>
>>> I have been given the job of booking vouchers in at work.....they come 
>>> in
>>> pads of 20 and i have to list 200 books manually once a month.
>>>
>>> The vouchers are all serial numbered and have to be booked in by serial
>>> number and as I issue them ,they are booked out (you still with me?)
>>>
>>> The voucher numbers will be something like 123501 - 123520, then the 
>>> next
>>> pad is 123521 to 123540 etc etc.
>>>
>>> When I get them in I get an invoice which shows me the start and end
>>> numbers, i'd love to try and set something up where i could enter the 
>>> start
>>> and end serial number and excel would create a sheet with all these 
>>> numbers
>>> enterred for me.
>>>
>>> My worksheet displays the date i receive these vouchers in, the start 
>>> number
>>> and then the end number i.e. ...........................
>>>
>>>        Date                Start Serial No                    End Serial 
>>> No
>>>    25 Nov 05            123501                                123520
>>>    "    "    "                 123521 123540
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Can any kind person suggest a way of helping me achieve this, my 
>>> experience
>>> of Excel is a bit limited but i'll have a crack at anything.
>>>
>>> Many Thanks
>>>
>>> Dave
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
> 



0
DB
11/25/2005 10:12:56 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Purchasing Error: You can't change the status of this line item; it has unposted receipts assigned to it.
User is trying to close a PO. Goes into Edit PO Status window and searched on PO, and returns two line items (two different receipts). First item has status of Released. Tries to change to Closed, and gets error: You can't change the stauts of the line item; it has unposted receipts assigned to it. Have searched through interface and SQL, and cannot locate any unposted receipts for this PO/item. Noticed that the qty on the original PO for this line item is 32 and qty on receipt is 31 (not sure if relevant or not). Have also Check Links on Purchasing module, but did not resolve. Any su...

Help
My organization has 4 entities with 4 domain names. I have created 4 recipient policies to assign the domain email address to users of each entity (1 email per user). However, there are certain users that need to have an email address other than the primary address that they receive. Without manually assiging this address, can I create a group, put users in that group, and have a recipient policy assign all necessary addresses based on this group membership? -- Richard Perry Systems Administrator/Programmer Shadow Mountain Ministries San Diego Christian College Southern California Semin...

combo box and subform help
In my subform for each seperate order, I want to beable to select a descripton name from the combo box. When the description name is selected, the price associated with that name should come up in the subform. I have tried to put the combo box in the table for description and make a query but, the information associated with the description name will not come up. Create the combo box cboItem with the RowSource something like: SELECT tblItem.ItemKey, tblItem.ItemDescription, tblItem.SellPrice FROM tblItem; Set the number of columns to 3 Set the column widths to 0;2;0 or something e...

urgent help to find out why
Hi all, windows 2003 /exchange 2003 SP2 with FE and BE Users are complaining that they do not receive messages timely. I check the BE's queues and find out over 5000 mesages in the local delivery queue about the 1.7 GB size(no limit set up here and is not allowed to do it. If I do a search, I can not find out the messages which have large sizes. What's the log to track own who send large attachment? tracking log. Also, any other ways to make queue go down quickly? To rebboot the server? Can we set up the alert if messages queued up in the local delivery queue? O...

Re: Outlook 2003, can it look like OXP?
The Preview Pane is now called the reading Pane. Go to the View drop down menu, go to Reading Pane submenu, select Bottom. The layout will be more like XP. The Folder List and the outlook Bar buttons will stay the way they are off to the left. -Patrick "John Smith" <etacr11inst@hotmail.com> wrote in news:e3LvfVUpDHA.2592@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl: > The Preview Pane is now called the reading Pane. Go to the View drop > down menu, go to Reading Pane submenu, select Bottom. The layout will > be more like XP. The Folder List and the outlook Bar buttons will stay > the...

Only Administrator can send mail to certain domains
Since installing a new Exchange Server (Exchange 2003 w/ SP2 on Server 2003 w/ SP1) we have been unable to send mail to certain domains. And it looks like those domains are also using Exchange Servers. Today we found that emails sent from the Administrator account go through OK but all others do not. The return failure messages vary but predominately we rec'v the message that the email could not be delivered in the specified time. I've checked the usual suspects - checked Reverse DNS, telnet succesfully to their mail server. What does the Administrator's ability to send and ever...

Can Out of Office be set to expire at a specific date and time?
I'm running Outlook 2003 on XP. I'd like to set my Out of Office message to expire automatically. I can never remember to turn it off. Also reply to max.herron@l-3com.com Thanks, Max herronm <herronm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm running Outlook 2003 on XP. I'd like to set my Out of Office > message to expire automatically. I can never remember to turn it off. I don't think this is possible. However, how can you not remember to turn it off when it tells you it's on every time you start Outlook? -- Brian Tillman ...

How can I show different bar colors in the same chart?
I have 2 different data groups in the same month for a 3 month period. I want to show the same data groups for all three months in the same color. Example: I have an "in" total and an "out" total for Nov, Dec and January. I want to show all "ins" as blue and all "outs" as red. This would be for a bar chart. If I put the text "in" and "out" in B1 and C1 In A2:A4 I have month names : Nov, Dec and Jan In B2:B4 I have in values and in C2LC4 I have out vlaues Seelct A1:C4 and make a bar chart The Out data is red, the In data blue Can y...

Can I have the right formula to list all my agencies under country
A B C A1 COUNTRY AGENCY RESULT FRANCE A2 FRANCE MAURITOURS W.S.TOURS A3 FRANCE MAURITOURS CONCORDE A4 FRANCE MAURITOURS MAURITOURS A5 FRANCE W.S.TOURS ETC A6 FRANCE W.S. TOURS A7 FRANCE CONCORDE A8 GERMANY KUONI Experiment with Data | Filter When you filer on say France, you can copy and paste the agencies to an...

how can i get the mainboar ID and harddisk ID
every guru: I need to build the encrypt in my project, wish to get some hardware infromation as encrypt source, for example, use mainboard ID and harddisk ID as encrypt key, but, GetVolumeInformation() only get prartition ID, it will be changed by user change the prartition. what can i do ? that I wish to get the mainboard ID and harddisk physical ID ? thanks in advance!!! See if the following link offers any help http://www.winsim.com/diskid32/diskid32.html -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "robin" <robinswan@21cn.com> ...

Word can not load e-mail envelope
The above error has recently started with Word 2003 when I click the "email" button to send a document as the email body, not as an attachment. Previously this function worked. The "send as an attachment" works. I have found a KB entry, but its solution did not work. I'm using Outlook 2003 as my default email editor. Thanks for any help and suggestions. Jim ...

Help with graph
Hello, I am having trouble representing this data in a graph Column A = 17 Items Column B = September Reported Column C = September Actual Column D = October Reported Column E = October Actual .... to the end of the year I want to show each item with the numbers reported in contrast to the acutal. I can't get it into a format that is easily represented in a graph. Am I arranging my data incorrectly? What kind of graph should I use? Hi, You could create a (say Bar) chart from your data by selecting B1 and D1 (select B1, CTRL-click D1) and Insert Chart. On the Series tab, add a Series...

Can't Automatically Send/Receive
Using Microsoft Office 2003 through an exchange server. Even though all the right boxes are checked and/or unchecked (I think), I cannot get Outlook to automatically receive messages as they come in. I have to hit the send-receive button every time to see if new messages have arrived. HELP! "Jan Groshan" <jangro@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:BX69g.25353$4L1.16834@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com... > Using Microsoft Office 2003 through an exchange server. Even though > all the > right boxes are checked and/or unchecked (I think), I cannot get > Outlook to > ...

FRX help #2
I was wondering if there was any way to run a report in Frx by vendor name. So if I wanted to see what I paid ABC Company for the month by G/L code, it would show me. If so, how would you do it. Any help would be appreciated thanks Barb Can get everything except the GL code through a smart list : Payables Transactions Search Doc type = payment Doc Date between... Vendor ID = But getting to the GL account is beyond me (newbie) "BK" wrote: > I was wondering if there was any way to run a report in Frx by vendor name. > So if I wanted to see what I paid ABC Company for the...

Can sumif detect text strings or detect if a dollar sign $ is in a cell?
Hi, I copied my online bank statement into excel, and it's all in one column. I want excel to only sum those cells which contain a dollar sign and ignore the banks comment and date cells in the sum. I tried =SUMIF(A1:A500,"$") AND ALSO =SUMIF(A1:A500,"$",A1:A500) I just get 0 for the result. Anyone know how to get sumif to match on a character like the dollar sign? Seems like this would be an obvious and functional use for this function eh? Thanks! Love, Me Hi the dollar sign is probably created by a format? If this is true you can't check for this sign....

HELP!!! Nothings happening....
I have installed MS CRM 1.2 and everything apparently went fine but nothing happens. I cant get the website open or connect via Outlook... you really need to be more specific............. in the browser when you try to access CRM, what exactly happens? Is it just closing? Do you get any error message? If its the latter, try disabling all pop up blockers............ -Gary "Michael" <dont@spam.me> wrote in message news:qe5ec056hbaanuum3vdefjjmak8ck8vrig@4ax.com... > I have installed MS CRM 1.2 and everything apparently went fine but > nothing happens. I cant get the we...

ISP Host Exchange 2003, can't have users see other users personal info??
I want to use Exchange in a hosted ISP environment. I can't have every user see every other user and their personal information in the GAL. Is there an easy way to set this up so only select users (like Admin or Support) show up in the GAL for a normal users and keep the full GAL viewable for Administrators or a select user group (like Marketing?) Thanks!! Exchange 2000+ does not maintain it's own GAL, Acive Directory does. So you need to design permissions in accordance with your business needs. Start here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;262183 http://sup...

Formula Help 03-02-10
HI, worksheet formulas are not one of my best, so I need a little help once again from the forum. Here is a if formula that I started with, but it does not suit my needs, I also looked at or ways beside the If. IF(AH10>=1,(BB1=" ")) What I' trying to do is say the if AH10 >=1 then I want cell BB1 to be blank. I need the formula to be in cell BB2. Thanks for any help. On Mar 2, 3:29=A0pm, Charles <harm.char...@gmail.com> wrote: > HI, worksheet formulas are not one of my best, so I need a little help > once again from the forum. > Here is a if...

Data Migration Error
Hi All, Im having trouble importing email activites into MS CRM. When running the migration tool , Im getting the following error in the logs for every email I've set up as an activity. I've checked the guids for the owninguser and the objectid (contact), and they all exist. Im not creating any associated records in the cdf_ActivityParty table, as I only want to store the link for the "regarding" item so to speak. Thoughts anyone? - Its my last issue to resolve before I can put this out to production. Regards, Cameron 21/10/2004 - 8:43:18 AM -- [ERROR] Failed to...

Restoring Prod Database to New Server/Domain
I have a client who has quite a bit of data to import into CRM 4.0, however they are using a hosted solution and I will not have access to the database, web services, plugins, code, scribe. etc. The hosting company will however allow us to provide them a database to restore. I have an environment I can use for this effort. The hosting company warns us that this hasn't gone so well. What is your opinion on restoring the DB to their environment? Are there any known issues, problems that would cause you to suggest another method? Thanks! sounds ok to me - not too sure what the hosting c...

In Outlook, Can I get the "News" button to reappear?
I moved to "News'' button to "Go" and it appeared underneath the "go" column, then while I was setting up the Internet New Server Name , I receive a message stating that no such name existed, and ever since then the "News" button has dissappeared and I am not able to set up any Newsgroups. This is from Outlook 2003 help: 1.. On the Standard toolbar, click the Toolbar Options arrow . 2.. Point to Add or Remove Buttons, and then click Customize. 3.. Click the Commands tab. 4.. In the Categories list, click Go. 5.. In the Commands list, c...

Can we Take layaway payments from store #2
Hello, I have a customer that would like to make a payment on his layaway at out other location. Can this be done? and how? -- Reynold Cycle This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_04C2_01C70A46.94719A50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Jose, Not without an add-on, which I've never seen to do this. --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=...

Publisher 07 can't open older publisher documents
I've just installed Publisher 2007 but can't open years of work created on older publixher versions. An error message says that publisher no longer supports files created in older versions of itself. Is there a way I can open those documents? I don't know why this is happening. I suspect a security update. I've had several folks email me personally with this situation. One poster sent me two 2000 files that I opened in Publisher 2000, saved and then I could open them in 2007. I could not open the files in 2007 before hand. Might try the instructions in this article:...

How many templates can there be in 1 Publication?
Am trying to use two different templates on two different pages in one publication file. When I select a different template, from page one, to apply to page two page one also changes to the new selection. Is this even possible with Publisher 2003? Open two instances of Publisher, copy the objects on template two, insert a page in template one and paste. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Ann" <Ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A7BEA7D1-0BDC-41C0-89C8-44DCE2AD2261@microsoft.com... ...

how can I replicate a hyperlink in Word
Second request (not sure the first one posted) Manic_Jim, Since this is an EXCEL newsgroup, not WORD, it's unlikely you'll receive a reply to your question no matter how many times you repost. Please post your question in an appropriate newsgroup. Scroll down the list of subjects on the left side of the webpage (assuming you're using the interface at http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx) and find Word. Good luck, LeAnne Manic_Jim wrote: > Second request (not sure the first one posted) ...