Can't select objects in Excel 2007

I'm trying to create a form in Excel 2007, and although I can manipulate,
copy & paste controls (check boxes, etc)
I can't select multiple objects to align them, etc.

I've checked on-line help (and have followed the instructions), and other
websites, but no one seems to have indicated a problem.

It is extremely cumbersome and I need a solution. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Jim Berglund

0
jazzzbo (19)
10/5/2007 6:53:38 PM
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I know this is about a year too late, but it may help others who have stumbled across this page looking for similar help.

On the Home tab, in the Editing group, click Find & Select.

Then do one of the following:

To select objects that are hidden, stacked, or behind text, click Select Objects, and then draw a box over the objects.

To open the task pane where you can select, multiselect, show, hide, or change the order of objects, click Selection Pane, and then click the options that you want.

Dont't forget to deselect the option once you've finished using it, otherwise you won't be able to access the cells.

0
Jane
12/7/2008 4:07:11 PM
Hi Jane

It is not possible to select everything in 2007 like you can do in 2003

I have info on this page about it
http://www.rondebruin.nl/controlsobjectsworksheet.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Jane Doe" wrote in message news:200812711711genericjanedoe@bugmenot.com...
>I know this is about a year too late, but it may help others who have stumbled across this page looking for similar help.
>
> On the Home tab, in the Editing group, click Find & Select.
>
> Then do one of the following:
>
> To select objects that are hidden, stacked, or behind text, click Select Objects, and then draw a box over the objects.
>
> To open the task pane where you can select, multiselect, show, hide, or change the order of objects, click Selection Pane, and
> then click the options that you want.
>
> Dont't forget to deselect the option once you've finished using it, otherwise you won't be able to access the cells.

0
rondebruin (3789)

Excel user name
A while ago there was a thread here asking about excel user names - cant find it now but id like to know how i can create a MSGBOX that ca use names - for example the macro reads the excel user name, vlookup short (nick) name, then gives a more personalised message. Can anyone help? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi msgbox application.username -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "LB79 >" <<LB79.1axkrc@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:LB79.1axkrc@excelforum-nospam.com... > A while ago there was a thread here askin...

Run report on multi selected records.

Can't select objects in Excel 2007

Excel Comments Indicators when viewed in IE
Hello I have two workbooks that have been published and viewed in Internet Explorer. Both work books have comments set in various cells. However the first one worked fine and when I view this in IE it shows as a small little red character allowing me to still see the contents of the cell. However on the second sheet all done in the same way when I view the comments in IE it shows as something similar to this [_] in purple. This unfortunatly covers up the contents of the cell. Anyone got any ideas why this is happening and how I can change it?? Thanks... Robin ...

SOAP Webservice Data Source (Input object type)
Hello: I am using a SOAP webservice as the datasource for my report. How should i specify the report query to retrieve data from a SOAP web service? The input to the web service is of type 'filter' which has teh following 4 properties: The web service wants the request to be of the form: <soap:Body> <GetInformationXml xmlns="http://tempuri.org/"> <filter> <StartDate>dateTime</StartDate> <EndDate>dateTime</EndDate> <EmployeeID>string</EmployeeID> <PolicyID...

how do I identify an unfamiliar symbol in an excel cell
The symbol underlined r has appeared in a cell but I cannot get rid of it Strange stuff in a cell might be some kind of picture or other object. Place the cursor on the "thing" and right-click. See if clear or delete shows up as an option. -- Gary''s Student "Yosef2" wrote: > The symbol underlined r has appeared in a cell but I cannot get rid of it is it a symbol or a broken link refference... check insert symbol -- MDOTJ I ----------------------------------------------------------------------- MDOTJR's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member...

Excel 2003 is missing Built-In Custom Chart Types in Chart Wizard
I recently uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2003 and now all the built-in custom charts are missing from Excel! When creating a chart using the Chart Wizard, under the Custom Types tab, there is supposed to be a list of built-in charts, when the Built-In radio button is selected. Now, there are none. Does anyone know how to restore those built-in charts? I have tried reinstalling, and that does not work. Also, I could not find an option related to this using "Modify" in Add/Remove Programs. I have Macros that use those charts, and I also need those charts for certain rep...

named excel lists
I'm somewhat of a newbie, so I may not be asking this question with the correct terminology. I'd like to define a name and attach it to the range of an "excel (2003) list". If I add a new row or column to the "excel list", then the range is suitable extended. How? Try Debra Dalgleish's nice coverage of Dynamic Ranges at: http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic Look for "Create a Dynamic Range" -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond, in newsgroup xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "hidden" <hidden123456@hotmail.com...

Excel Formula #10
Hi Sorry, this will seem really simple but I haven't used excel in about 10 years and have been trying to get this sorted for hours. Here goes: I have column C and D and need to get the sum of these two columns calculated and shown in column E. e.g C D E +200 200.00 -100 100.00 -20 80.00 +120 200.00 I have no real idea how to add a formula, apparently, as every way I tried did not work Please help me before I go insane. Thanks in advance One way: E1: =C1+D1 E2: =E1+C2+D...

Select contact then hangs

"Disk is full" error when opening Excel 2000.
I am getting a "disk is full" error when opening MS Excel on my laptop (not connected to any servers/LAN). I am running Windows 2000 and my Excel version is 2000 as well. Additionally I can not open MS Word or Adobe Acrobat either as these applications are giving errors that it can not find the file. Have others experienced this and if so, do you know of a solution for fixing it? ...

Selecting rows from various sheets

Embedded PDF object in web page: OneNote is launching and opening PDFs at the same time as Adobe Reader
I have a Windows 2008 Server machine with Office 2007, Adobe Reader 9, and IE8 installed. When opening a web page with an embedded PDF control (using <object> tag and Adobe Reader's CLASSID) in IE8, the PDF appears properly in the Adobe PDF control embedded in the web page, but at the same time, OneNote launches separately and opens the same PDF. How do we stop OneNote from doing this? We have XP Pro machines with Office 2007, Reader 9, IE8 that do not exhibit this behavior. -- Paul -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > I have a Windows 2008 Serv...

Tiger causing font problems with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
I upgraded my Panther operating system on a G5 to Tiger and now Word, Excel and PowerPoint and giving me font conflict messages for all my fonts. What do I do? That's the notorious font corruption error that some Tiger users are seeing, and unfortunately, there's no real solution to this. However, there are a couple of suggestions on this page <http://word.mvps.org/Mac/CorruptFontErrors.html>. Post back if you manage to get it to work; the more information we can get on this topic, the better. On 05.06.06 3:57, in article 1149476237.304459.142690@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com,...

Error: Object could not be found
Hey y'all. Using Outlook 2003 on XP Home with the MS Mail 'hack (http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/msmail.htm) installed, and I' having a problem. When composing a message, all goes well until I click Send. It the pops up an error saying that "Operation could not be completed: Objec could not be found". Initially, the titlebar of the messagebox sai Microsoft Word 2003, so I assumed it was because of the editor, bu after changing the editor (to Outlook), the error persists, only wit the titlebar value being Microsoft Office Outlook 2003. Any idea how I can fix thi...

Cell display in 2007
After revising a formula in Excel 2007, the new number is presented overlaid on top of the previous number in the cell. If I minimize EXCEL and then then maximize, the cell data presents correctly. Formula, Calculation Options is set to Automatic. The size of the spreadsheet/file does not matter. I've only had EXCEL 2007 a few weeks and my PC is new. Our IT shop has changed PC's virtual memory to 5120-8192 with no improvement. There have been reports of a bug in a windows update for office 2007 November 10th Can cause "visual leaking" from one sheet to an...

use of xpp & old version of excell ver 5a
Are these compatible they seem to work ok initially I keep getting unabe to open file after a period of use ( say 1 hour) grateful of any help ...

Slow Opening Excel Files
I have a computer that is very slow when viewing files to open from excel(and word for that matter). The files can be accessed very quickly from My Computer or explorer but when doing an open in Excel the list takes forever to generate what files are in the network shares. This does not happen when logged in as administrator, only as a standard user. Any idea's on how to fix it? Its a optiplex 280 with 512 memory so its plenty fast enough Jerod ...

Resizing activated embedded object in Office apps
I created sample project in VC with compound document support = full server. I used simply MFC Application Wizard. Sample.Document - is prog id run MS Word -> insert Object -> Sample.Document - object is inserted. Try to resize embedded control - about one second object has changed size but then it goes to original size (size of metafile picture in doc file). what i see in MFC code: after resizing (COleResizeBar) mfc calls IOleInPlaceSite::OnPosRectChange() (Word doesn't change metafile size in doc file) it calls back COleServerDoc::XOleInPlaceObject::SetObjectRects where MFC moves...

Excel Headers #2
great. that looks like it should work, but where can I put that code in thanks -- MWHCre ----------------------------------------------------------------------- MWHCrew's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1507 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26696 ...

HTML Signatures in 2007 without attachment
I am trying to set up an HTML signature with a logo in Outlook 2007 that does not send out as an attachment. In the Microsofts Help guide there is a posting titled- "Why cant I use HTML code in my signature anymore?" with this comment: The Microsoft Office Word 2007-based e-mail editor is the only e-mail editor provided in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007. This e-mail editor does not support HTML code in signatures. Further into the reference it advises users to research an alternative way. I have not found anything so far. I am assuming 2003 supported this capabili...

Excel 2000
I used to have this option by right clicking and selecting split. However i don't have it now. I had it on WIN2000 and now I have XP proffesional Hi not possible in Excel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Roy S" <Roy S@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:BE9E61EA-466E-4391-8400-5967977E9325@microsoft.com... > I used to have this option by right clicking and selecting split. However i > don't have it now. I had it on WIN2000 and now I have XP proffesional I bet you're thinking about a table in MSWord???? Roy S wrote: > &g...

select text in Calendar