Can't get Speak method to work

I've been trying to get the Speak Method to work as advertised in the
following HELP example:

Sub UseSpeech()

    Application.Speech.Speak "Hello"

End Sub

It gives me a runtime error 1004 "Application-defined or Object-defined
error"
I'm using Excel 2003 with XP.

Anybody have any ideas??

thanks

0
ksoenen (22)
10/31/2005 5:21:55 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

application.Speech.Speak ("hello")

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Ken Soenen" <ksoenen@trip.net> wrote in message
> I've been trying to get the Speak Method to work as advertised in the
> following HELP example:
>
> Sub UseSpeech()
>
>    Application.Speech.Speak "Hello"
>
> End Sub
>
> It gives me a runtime error 1004 "Application-defined or Object-defined
> error"
> I'm using Excel 2003 with XP.
>
> Anybody have any ideas??
>
> thanks

0
nicolaus (2022)
10/31/2005 11:09:08 AM
Your code worked ok for me.

Are you sure you installed the speech component when you installed Office?

--

Dave Peterson
0

> Your code worked ok for me.
>
> Are you sure you installed the speech component when you installed Office?
>
> Ken Soenen wrote:
>>
>> I've been trying to get the Speak Method to work as advertised in the
>> following HELP example:
>>
>> Sub UseSpeech()
>>
>>     Application.Speech.Speak "Hello"
>>
>> End Sub
>>
>> It gives me a runtime error 1004 "Application-defined or Object-defined
>> error"
>> I'm using Excel 2003 with XP.
>>
>> Anybody have any ideas??
>>
>> thanks
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
ksoenen (22)

A Crystal Beginner

Get paid while you get online!!

Stupid Junk Filter Doesn't Work
I have oulook 2002 (xp). The stupid junk filter doesn't work and I can't figure out how to make it move junk mail to my deleted items so that i don't have to look at them in my inbox. Anyone have any suggestions? Upgrade to 2003. "Christy" <charrison@loanwhiz.com> wrote in message news:63de01c40155$1c4d1c40$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have oulook 2002 (xp). The stupid junk filter doesn't > work and I can't figure out how to make it move junk mail > to my deleted items so that i don't have to look at them > in my inbox. > > Anyone h...

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

Will Money work with other currencies?
I'm currently in the US and would like to purchase Money for use here, as well as in Southern Africa (mainly South Africa and Zimbabwe). Will it be able to configure with the currencies there and work properly? I have a small business involved in trade with multiple currencies and intend to use money to help me manage my finances. Money allows each account to be associated with a specific currency and it allows transfers from an account in one currency to an account in another currency to be assigned a conversion. That having been said, Money does not make dealing with multiple cur...

How do I get??

Get notified when Out of Office is on

Getting Control ID in Active X control

TAB Key doesn't work in my DLL dialog app
I created a dialog based application in a DLL. When I run my dialog, I can not Tab between items. Basically the Tab key doesn't do anything. Is there a fix to this.... am I missing some option somewhere in MFC? Is it by any chance a MFC Regular DLL and you are dealing with a modeless dialog? --- Ajay Marek wrote: > I created a dialog based application in a DLL. > > When I run my dialog, I can not Tab between items. Basically the Tab > key doesn't do anything. > > Is there a fix to this.... am I missing some option somewhere in MFC? yes Ajay Kalra wrote: >...

Get photos from a camera

How do I get my best friend back?
I NEED TO KNOW "monsterboy16" <monsterboy16@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7918DF09-EB34-46E4-852E-8DAAC3FFF45F@microsoft.com... > I NEED TO KNOW Easy. Just lift the lid on your toilet seat and whistle. Dipshit! -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." Pretend that you're in a coma and unable to communicate in any way (such as posting messages in newsgroups). "monsterboy16" <monsterboy16@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

how to get the pointer variable address from a dll
hi all, I have a DLL which has a output parameter LPVOID, A application calls this DLL function, the Dll responsibility is to assign a valid pointer to the lpBuffer, Till here it is OK, but once it returns to the Application this lpBuffer becomes NULL. Prototype, __declspec(dllexport) BOOL TRSTMonGetStatus(LPVOID lpBuffer) Please let me know what to do, I am stuck in this. try this __declspec(dllexport) BOOL TRSTMonGetStatus(LPVOID &lpBuffer) AliR. <karunyalakshmi@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1182179607.989434.318540@x35g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > > hi a...

XslCompiledTransform.Transform() method question
VS2005; .NET 2.0 I want to use the XslCompiledTransform.Transform() method for its stated purposes. However, I have an XmlDocument object already in memory and I can't figure out how to use that without first saving it to disk and then referencing that file in the Transform() method. xslt.Load("MyXSLfile.xslt"); XMLdoc.Save("XSLTtransform.xml"); xslt.Transform("XSLTtransform.xml", "XSLTtransform.htm"); String XMLtransform = File.ReadAllText("XSLTtransform.htm"); Now I have my transformed XML into HTML string and can put it in my ...

Why do I get this?
IMCEAEX-_O=ABC_OU=CN121_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=USER1@companyABC.com <-- why am I getting this as the FROM field from a recently upgrade user to Exchange 2003? ...

Excel Data List Gets "Stuck" -- Help
This has now happened for the second time. I have a "data list" that is around 1800 rows in size. Somcetimes, after I've filtered the data to show just a small number of rows, it gets "stuck." I I am no longer able to expand the list to show all the rows. I've gone in to all the columns and chosen "All" for all the columns and it still does not work. I know I can highight the entire list and tell it to remove the list and recreate the list, but that's a pain, and I lose some formatting. Can anyone help me? -- slobizman -----------------------...

Change the formatting of row by select a single cell & Editing should be working
Hi All; I require such a sheet code which can help me in Changing the formatting of row (like A1:A25) of selected cell (A4 is Selected) and allow me to use editing (Cut, Copy, Paste, Undo etc). Currently I'm Using following code but this does not allow me to use editing (Cut, Copy, Paste, Undo etc) and I can not decide the range for working this sheet code. Any kind help is appreciated. Private Sub Search_Click() Sheets("Quick Search").Visible = True ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Visible = False Sheets("Quick Search").Select End Sub Private Sub Worksheet_...