Can I restrict the undo function to the current sheet only?

In Word, the undo function applies to the active document only.

In Excel, it not only switches sheets, but workbooks as well.

Is there a way to restrict the undo function to the active sheet only?
I guess I would then want Excel to maintain a separate undo stack for
each sheet.

At the very least, can I get this at the workbook level?
0
wonmug (29)
9/23/2010 5:27:40 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Not with anything built into excel.

--
Dave Peterson
0

> On Thursday, September 23, 2010 1:27 AM Prof Wonmug wrote:

> In Word, the undo function applies to the active document only.
>
> In Excel, it not only switches sheets, but workbooks as well.
>
> Is there a way to restrict the undo function to the active sheet only?
> I guess I would then want Excel to maintain a separate undo stack for
> each sheet.
>
> At the very least, can I get this at the workbook level?

>> On Thursday, September 23, 2010 8:03 AM Dave Peterson wrote:

>> Not with anything built into excel.
>>

>> On 09/23/2010 00:27, Prof Wonmug wrote:
>>
>> --
>> Dave Peterson

0
sorensok (1)

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Can't send/receive

Individual sheet protection in shared workbook
I have a shared excel workbook with multiple sheets used by different people. I want them to have their own password for their sheet so that only sheet owner can edit the content of sheet. Please advise how do i do that? It is a two step process 1. Under tools> Protection Choose allow others to edit ranges select the range then assign password each range should have different PW you can select entire sheet if you wish 2. Then tools>protection Pick protect worksheet assign a password --- This protects the sheet and enables the range password ...

Can not Customize Leads View

Bulk attachments

Can't delete email #2

Functions
Hi I need to export a query to a text file that contains both alpha and numeric fields How can I force the numeric fields to text as to get "123","ABC" thanks, Garry In query design view, instead of a field such as Amount, type an expresion like this into the Field row: Trim(Str([Amount])) Access should recognise this as a Text type field, and so add the quotes when you export it. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "...

Can Not Reply To Emails

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this

Can not archive

why doesn't my outlook today display current calendar events?
Gee, no idea. How about some details, like Outlook version??? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, hsmith asked: ...

Account Logon Restriction #2
We have a windows 2000 domain (schema updated to 2003) and Exchange 2003. We use roaming user profiles as a strategy to back up user's files. When we restrict the user to logging on to only their own computer,(in ADUC, user properties, Account tab, then the 'Log On To...' button), they can't access OWA. Once we lift the restriction, OWA works again. The reason this is an issue, is that I work in a Hospital environment, where there are computer users who have their own computer (and thus their own profile). These users also need to access OWA from other computers in other ...

Creating Drop Down boxes with the List function...
I am creating drop down boxes using the list function and I need to add color to the text. It will allow me to add color to the list, but the color I added doesn't appear in the drop down box. What do I need to do to make this happen? Thank you for your help. This should help, it sure did for me. http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal10.html This should help you, I worked very well for me. http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal10.html This should help you, I worked very well for me. http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal10.html ...

Where can I download this type of db example?
Hi, I'm working in Access 2003. Where can I download a (free) Access database example that shows how to implement forms and queries for tables that break down many-to-many relationships with a link table? I understand normalization and I believe my structure is 3rd order normalized. I need to figure out how to input data into the tables and have them linked together automatically by a query (or, if necessary, VB code). In other words, a database that has tblParents (1->oo) tblParent_Child_LINK (1->oo) tblChildren where (1->oo) means One-to-many, if it wasn't c...

Can you convert picture into Visio?
Is there a way to convert picture into Visio format? If so, how? It would depend on what format the picture was in. For most cases, this is not an easy task. John... Visio MVP "tbae" wrote: > Is there a way to convert picture into Visio format? If so, how? ...