Can I list my workbook sheets?

I have an excell workbook in which there is a pricelist sheet for
ingredients and a (soon to be) large number of recipe sheets.  Is it
possible for me to devise a list of recipe sheets from which I can
choose the recipe I wish to work on?  Also, can I have the user use a
form for data entry, not the general one on the Data menu?
Thank you for your help.
Jenny

Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software!
http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm **
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi
for the second question see:
http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Jenny" <bobjane.smith@xtra.co.nz> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I have an excell workbook in which there is a pricelist sheet for
> ingredients and a (soon to be) large number of recipe sheets.  Is it
> possible for me to devise a list of recipe sheets from which I can
> choose the recipe I wish to work on?  Also, can I have the user use a
> form for data entry, not the general one on the Data menu?
> Thank you for your help.
> Jenny

> Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software!
> http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm **

0
frank.kabel (11126)
8/15/2004 10:09:53 AM
And for question #1.

If each recipe is on a different worksheet, maybe you could use a "Table of
Contents" worksheet that contains hyperlinks to the individual sheets.

If you organize them nicely, it might work ok.

If you want to try it, David McRitchie has a macro that will build that table of
contents worksheet:

If you're new to macros, you may want to read David's intro at:

Jenny wrote:

> I have an excell workbook in which there is a pricelist sheet for
> ingredients and a (soon to be) large number of recipe sheets.  Is it
> possible for me to devise a list of recipe sheets from which I can
> choose the recipe I wish to work on?  Also, can I have the user use a
> form for data entry, not the general one on the Data menu?
> Thank you for your help.
> Jenny

> Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software!
> http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm **

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As
Boolean)
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
 Dim WantedSheet As String
   WantedSheet = Trim(ActiveCell.Value)
   If WantedSheet = "" Then Exit Sub
   On Error Resume Next
   If Sheets(ActiveCell.Value) Is Nothing Then
    '  GetWorkbook ' calls another macro to do that
   Else
      Sheets(ActiveCell.Value).Select
   End If
 Application.DisplayAlerts = True
End Sub

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Jenny" <bobjane.smith@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> I have an excell workbook in which there is a pricelist sheet for
> ingredients and a (soon to be) large number of recipe sheets.  Is it
> possible for me to devise a list of recipe sheets from which I can
> choose the recipe I wish to work on?  Also, can I have the user use a
> form for data entry, not the general one on the Data menu?
> Thank you for your help.
> Jenny

> Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software!
> http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm **

0
Don

Purchasing Error: You can't change the status of this line item; it has unposted receipts assigned to it.
User is trying to close a PO. Goes into Edit PO Status window and searched on PO, and returns two line items (two different receipts). First item has status of Released. Tries to change to Closed, and gets error: You can't change the stauts of the line item; it has unposted receipts assigned to it. Have searched through interface and SQL, and cannot locate any unposted receipts for this PO/item. Noticed that the qty on the original PO for this line item is 32 and qty on receipt is 31 (not sure if relevant or not). Have also Check Links on Purchasing module, but did not resolve. Any su...

Populate text boxes from a list box
Hi, I have a form with text and combo boxes where user enters data. After saving, a list box in another form is being populated, and all that works just fine. What i wanted to do next is to enable users to open one set of data from the list box (one row of data) in that form with text and combo boxes. I tried and tried but either i manage to open that form in add mode where all fields are blank, or i manage to open the form with data from the list box, but always positioned on the first data in the list box. I have been trying for a while so it could be possible that i am missing...

Is there a way to protect just one cell, not the whole sheet?
The books I read seem to indicate so, but say you first must turn on the 'Protect Sheet' option. When I do that, everything is protected. Any help much appreciated. Hi try the following: - first select all cells you don't want to protect - goto 'Format - Cells - Protection' and uncheck 'Locked' - now protect your sheet -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Fred Exley" <fexly221@msn.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:10hsd5t42ghdt65@corp.supernews.com... > The books I read seem to indicate so, but say you first must turn on the > &...

Sheet name in cell
Hi all, I know it is possible as I've seen it done before, but can't remembe how! I am looking to use the name of a worksheet (as it appears on th tab) as the contents of a cell? Any ideas? Thanks, Stev -- Stephen Pai ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Stephen Pain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1526 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31479 Hi see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0002.html "Stephen Pain" wrote: > > Hi all, > I know i...

Re: Outlook 2003, can it look like OXP?
The Preview Pane is now called the reading Pane. Go to the View drop down menu, go to Reading Pane submenu, select Bottom. The layout will be more like XP. The Folder List and the outlook Bar buttons will stay the way they are off to the left. -Patrick "John Smith" <etacr11inst@hotmail.com> wrote in news:e3LvfVUpDHA.2592@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl: > The Preview Pane is now called the reading Pane. Go to the View drop > down menu, go to Reading Pane submenu, select Bottom. The layout will > be more like XP. The Folder List and the outlook Bar buttons will stay > the...

Writing the Sheet Name to a Cell
Hello, Is there a formula that will display the Sheet name in a cell? Thanks Ruan "Ruan" <ruan@aegismed.com> wrote in message news:uc7oM0EnEHA.3992@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > Hello, > > Is there a formula that will display the Sheet name in a cell? > > Thanks > Ruan > Hi Ruan, Try this: =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,255) HTH, Alan. Thanks Alan. That works great. Ruan "Alan" <alan@alan.alan> wrote in message news:uKw1K7EnEHA.4004@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > "...

Only Administrator can send mail to certain domains
Since installing a new Exchange Server (Exchange 2003 w/ SP2 on Server 2003 w/ SP1) we have been unable to send mail to certain domains. And it looks like those domains are also using Exchange Servers. Today we found that emails sent from the Administrator account go through OK but all others do not. The return failure messages vary but predominately we rec'v the message that the email could not be delivered in the specified time. I've checked the usual suspects - checked Reverse DNS, telnet succesfully to their mail server. What does the Administrator's ability to send and ever...

Gathering open-ended question text into one sheet
I have an Excel file with data from 60 or so respondents to a questionaire. I have all my raw data on one worksheet. On another worksheet I have totals for the various questions broken out in various ways. I would like to create another worksheet that lists the answers to an open-ended question at the end of the questionaire. Less than half of the people responding wrote comments so I don't want to include blanks. I'd like to have a consolidated list of the comments in a tidy, separate sheet. As yet, I've been unable to figure out how to do this. Any help would be app...

Can Out of Office be set to expire at a specific date and time?
I'm running Outlook 2003 on XP. I'd like to set my Out of Office message to expire automatically. I can never remember to turn it off. Also reply to max.herron@l-3com.com Thanks, Max herronm <herronm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm running Outlook 2003 on XP. I'd like to set my Out of Office > message to expire automatically. I can never remember to turn it off. I don't think this is possible. However, how can you not remember to turn it off when it tells you it's on every time you start Outlook? -- Brian Tillman ...

How can I show different bar colors in the same chart?
I have 2 different data groups in the same month for a 3 month period. I want to show the same data groups for all three months in the same color. Example: I have an "in" total and an "out" total for Nov, Dec and January. I want to show all "ins" as blue and all "outs" as red. This would be for a bar chart. If I put the text "in" and "out" in B1 and C1 In A2:A4 I have month names : Nov, Dec and Jan In B2:B4 I have in values and in C2LC4 I have out vlaues Seelct A1:C4 and make a bar chart The Out data is red, the In data blue Can y...

Can I have the right formula to list all my agencies under country
A B C A1 COUNTRY AGENCY RESULT FRANCE A2 FRANCE MAURITOURS W.S.TOURS A3 FRANCE MAURITOURS CONCORDE A4 FRANCE MAURITOURS MAURITOURS A5 FRANCE W.S.TOURS ETC A6 FRANCE W.S. TOURS A7 FRANCE CONCORDE A8 GERMANY KUONI Experiment with Data | Filter When you filer on say France, you can copy and paste the agencies to an...

Default workbook #2
Hi. I want to modify the style of new workbooks. To this end, I have modified the "workbook.xltx" file under: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\XLSTART Now when I open Excel, the blank workbook correctly looks like my modifed default... however, my modified default is not used in the following scenarios: 1) I right click on my desktop and create a new Excel workbook. 2) Within Excel, I select "New" and "Blank workbook". Any idea if I can set the deafult workbook for these scenarios? Thanks, Jim jmfoxjr@cox.net Not using 2007 but in 2003..........

how can i get the mainboar ID and harddisk ID
every guru: I need to build the encrypt in my project, wish to get some hardware infromation as encrypt source, for example, use mainboard ID and harddisk ID as encrypt key, but, GetVolumeInformation() only get prartition ID, it will be changed by user change the prartition. what can i do ? that I wish to get the mainboard ID and harddisk physical ID ? thanks in advance!!! See if the following link offers any help http://www.winsim.com/diskid32/diskid32.html -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "robin" <robinswan@21cn.com> ...

Word can not load e-mail envelope
The above error has recently started with Word 2003 when I click the "email" button to send a document as the email body, not as an attachment. Previously this function worked. The "send as an attachment" works. I have found a KB entry, but its solution did not work. I'm using Outlook 2003 as my default email editor. Thanks for any help and suggestions. Jim ...

Can't Automatically Send/Receive
Using Microsoft Office 2003 through an exchange server. Even though all the right boxes are checked and/or unchecked (I think), I cannot get Outlook to automatically receive messages as they come in. I have to hit the send-receive button every time to see if new messages have arrived. HELP! "Jan Groshan" <jangro@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:BX69g.25353$4L1.16834@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com... > Using Microsoft Office 2003 through an exchange server. Even though > all the > right boxes are checked and/or unchecked (I think), I cannot get > Outlook to > ...

multiple generation Excel workbook file size reduction
I have a workbook that has been updated each month for several years and re-saved as the current month. For example in Feb-2007 the Jan-2007 file was used, modified for Feb-2007 and then saved as Feb-2007. In Mar-2007, the Feb-2007 file was used, modified for Mar-2007 and then saved as Mar-2007. This was done for several years and now the file which probably started out as 1MB is now 25+MB. Is there anyway to clean this up to reduce the file size? How about separating out all the 2007 data and save that as Archive_2007.xls, and similar for 2008 (in Jan 2009), so that each year you start w...

Triming the fat off my sheets...
Ok I have a spreadsheet with 100 items and another one with 150. The two sheets match up exept for the 50 odd balls. How do I get the the first sheet to line up with the second on one sheet. Hi not quite sure but try: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#ExtractingCommon -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Neal wrote: > Ok I have a spreadsheet with 100 items and another one with 150. The > two sheets match up exept for the 50 odd balls. How do I get the the > first sheet to line up with the second on one sheet. ...

Automatically selectings items in a list box using a list
I have a form with a button that when the user selects an item from the list box and then clicks the button, an update query runs to update the selected item from the list box. I'm trying to write some code that will allow the user to click a button that using a loop will automatically select each item in the list one at a time and then run the update query for each item. The problem I'm having is writing the code that automatically selects the next item in the list box. For example, right now I have: dim listCounter as integer for listCounter=0 to listbox.listcount()-1 ...

Can sumif detect text strings or detect if a dollar sign $ is in a cell?
Hi, I copied my online bank statement into excel, and it's all in one column. I want excel to only sum those cells which contain a dollar sign and ignore the banks comment and date cells in the sum. I tried =SUMIF(A1:A500,"$") AND ALSO =SUMIF(A1:A500,"$",A1:A500) I just get 0 for the result. Anyone know how to get sumif to match on a character like the dollar sign? Seems like this would be an obvious and functional use for this function eh? Thanks! Love, Me Hi the dollar sign is probably created by a format? If this is true you can't check for this sign....

ISP Host Exchange 2003, can't have users see other users personal info??
I want to use Exchange in a hosted ISP environment. I can't have every user see every other user and their personal information in the GAL. Is there an easy way to set this up so only select users (like Admin or Support) show up in the GAL for a normal users and keep the full GAL viewable for Administrators or a select user group (like Marketing?) Thanks!! Exchange 2000+ does not maintain it's own GAL, Acive Directory does. So you need to design permissions in accordance with your business needs. Start here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;262183 http://sup...

Eliminate macro warning when you open a workbook
I have a shared workbook that everytime someone opens it the macro warning comes up. I cannot find a macro in the workbook and wish to prevent the pop up box. Karlene Check out this link to explain what's happening and how to stop it: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros Hope this helps. Pete On Jan 13, 4:35=A0pm, Karlene <Karl...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a shared workbook that everytime someone opens it the macro warnin= g > comes up. =A0I cannot find a macro in the workbook and wish to prevent th= e pop > up box. &...

In Outlook, Can I get the "News" button to reappear?
I moved to "News'' button to "Go" and it appeared underneath the "go" column, then while I was setting up the Internet New Server Name , I receive a message stating that no such name existed, and ever since then the "News" button has dissappeared and I am not able to set up any Newsgroups. This is from Outlook 2003 help: 1.. On the Standard toolbar, click the Toolbar Options arrow . 2.. Point to Add or Remove Buttons, and then click Customize. 3.. Click the Commands tab. 4.. In the Categories list, click Go. 5.. In the Commands list, c...

Can we Take layaway payments from store #2
Hello, I have a customer that would like to make a payment on his layaway at out other location. Can this be done? and how? -- Reynold Cycle This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_04C2_01C70A46.94719A50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Jose, Not without an add-on, which I've never seen to do this. --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=...

Personal Macro Workbook 05-12-10
I am trying to simply record a macro to my personal workbook so I can use it in various files/workbooks. I keep getting the error message that "The Personal Marco Workbook needs to remain Open when recording mactos to the Personal Macro Workbook". How do I ensure that my Personal Macro Workbook remains OPEN at all times???? ...

Publisher 07 can't open older publisher documents
I've just installed Publisher 2007 but can't open years of work created on older publixher versions. An error message says that publisher no longer supports files created in older versions of itself. Is there a way I can open those documents? I don't know why this is happening. I suspect a security update. I've had several folks email me personally with this situation. One poster sent me two 2000 files that I opened in Publisher 2000, saved and then I could open them in 2007. I could not open the files in 2007 before hand. Might try the instructions in this article:...