Is there any way to call & place a graphic image based upon a cell value?

0
documike (27)
1/3/2005 8:46:20 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Maybe you can look at J.E. McGimpsey's page:

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html

--

Dave Peterson
0

How can we get the subtraction of values in first 2 columns in the 3rd column
Hi Friends Greetings. If I have the following 500 row excel file, how can we get the subtraction of first two columns(Col3)?. I couldn't find any subtraction function in microsoft excel 2000. Col1 Col2 Col3(I want the subtraction of Col1-Col2) ------ -------- ---------- $50 $30 ??(I want $20 here) $100 $40 ??(I want $60 here) $150 $25 ??(I want $125 here) --- ---- --- --- ---- --- Thank you Jane Humbrey Say that $50 and $30 is in row 2. then in C2, you could put: =a2-b2 And dra...

Commission rates based on rolling years
Hi, I need to create a query that will calculate commissions for a sales rep. There are transaction tables where I can calculate sales and also the start date of a client which is a key field for determining the pay rate. We have a sales rep that started on 1/1/07 and inherited accounts. All inherited accounts (those with start dates before 1/1/07) are called Existing Clients and are paid at 8 %. She has been paid a commission rate of 14 % for all new clients that she has signed up for this year (those with start dates between 1/1/07 and 12/31/07). I have been able to calculate t...

combo box data changes based on previous combo box
Here's the example: Combo box number #1 has two choices - month or day... When I select "month" from combo box #1... I want Combo Box #2 to pull from a table that has "January, February, March, etc." However, if Combo Box #1 has "day" select.... Combo Box #2 shows "Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc.". Anyone know how to do this? Anotehr workaround if this is not possible would be... if I could have all choices in combo box #2, and filter which ones show up in the the list based on what is selected in combo box #1. Thanks for the help! Damion ...

Call in?
Do new owners of Office X have to call up Microsoft to register their copy? If yes, what's the number? thanks. Ming <asdf@asdf.com> wrote: > Do new owners of Office X have to call up Microsoft to register their > copy? If yes, what's the number? thanks. Nope. We're not using Windoze :->>> This version does not require activation. Corentin -- - Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) - (MS) MVP: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?ln=FR&scid=fh;FR;mvp Newsgroups produits MS: http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/?ln=FR ...

If Info In Cell Then Formula In Another
Hello, I am trying to get a cell with date information in it to enable a formula of some other cells to happen, in other words when a date is not entered that particular cell is empty therefore the corresponding formula cells are not enabled. Here is a function that works but only when the referanced cell has either "Pending/Issued/Declined" =IF(E4="Issued",F4*H4,IF(E4="Declined",F4*0,IF(E4="Pending",0))). I would like this function to result correctly with a date entry in the referanced cell rather then wording. How can I do this? -- Thank y...

How do you do a strike out in an Excel cell?
How do you do a strike out in an Excel cell? Format | Cells... | Font | Effects = strikethrough Regards Trevor "dgalati" <dgalati@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4364AE43-F016-45B3-A6ED-160A405B3291@microsoft.com... > How do you do a strike out in an Excel cell? ...

How do I display latest value in chart in the legend w formula?
I want the latest value in my chart to be in the legend. Currently, I have to manually update it each month in the "Name" section of the series.Can I type in a formula to display the latest value from the sheet? The formula has to go into the worksheet. If the data is contiguous (no blanks) and starts in B2 and may extend downward an indeterminate number of rows, put this formula into B1: =OFFSET(B1,COUNTA(B2:B10000)) Then use cell B1 as the name of the series. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/> Advanced Excel Co...

Covered Call Options
Hello all, I do I go about dealing with a covered call transaction in Microsoft Money 2007 Premium? Currently what I am doing is inputing the option symbol, and choosing the transaction "Sell to Open" then when I go to expire the option I try to do a Sell to Close. However it does not seem to work? Also what happens if instead of expired I has the position assigned? how would I account for that? Thank you. Shhhh In microsoft.public.money, Shhhh wrote: > >I do I go about dealing with a covered call transaction in Microsoft >Money 2007 Premium? Currently what I am doing is...

Colour-coding a cell from a drop down list
how do i program a cell that has a drop down list, to be colour coded depending on what item is selected from list? For example. If some picks the item 'Open' from a drop-down list, i want the cell to change to blue or have blue shading Excel versions prior to xl2007 had a maximum of 3 conditions in conditional format. therefore the following questions. What version of xl are you using? (If xl2007 then discard the next 2 questions.) How many color options do you want? Do you want VBA macro code if using xl version prior to xl2007 and you need more than 3 color options...

Convert formula to value based upon date
Here is what I want to do: Cell1 references Cell2. Cell2 is a number that is pulled from another worksheet. The value in Cell2 can change based upon new information entered into the other worksheet. Cell1, however, should retain the old information from Cell2 if TODAY() is > than the date at the top of the column in which Cell1 resides. If TODAY() is < than that date Cell1 should update. I'm really not sure how to make this happen! Help much appreciated. I've thought about enabling manual recalculation, but this won't work for other reasons. I think I'd u...

I keep loosing graphics in news sheet
Hi I have an A4 news sheet and each time I paste a couple of graphics into the page, save it and go to email it, the graphics have disappeared I have done this many times before, updating last years news sheet with dates, new info & graphics and haven't had this prob before I'm beginning to think it's something to do with the setup of the page I'm updating. I have added a second page and the same thing is happening Would anyone know what could be causing this or how I should go about discovering the cause? Using Office 2003 & WINXP -- Martin ���� Read the third F...

duplicate values stoping ALL appends
I am reformating data from table 1 and sending it to table 2 with a button command. Sometimes I need to delete one or two rows from table 2 and table 1 to create a new updated record with the same primary key. I want to rerun the button and replace the updated records in table 2. I do not want to replace all the records. Problem is when I rerun the button I get an Error 3022 and the append to table 2 fails. I'd like it to append the updated records and ignore those already appended. I suppose I could delete all the rows from table 1 after the append. Then when I redo a...

Call center tracking and reporting
Anyone use CRM 4.0 for call tracking? Our Sales/Marketing is set up. Now I need to decide how to most efficiently customize CRM 4.0 for our company's call tracking portion. Can someone send me a link to information? thanks ...

Sheet name as cell value
Is there a formula, or "dynamic" method of taking the sheet name an putting it as a value in the same sheet. If the sheet name changes, the cell then updates with the new name. ? -- Jo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Jon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=317 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27051 Hi =MID(CELL("filename",$A$1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",$A$1))+1,36) Arvi Laanemets "Jon" <Jon.1eds5z@excelforum-nospam....

Delete cells with content that don't contain the =?UTF-8?B?wqMgc3ltYm9s?=
I have a very large messy excel file that contains some data I want to isolate. The other data is unneeded and basically in the way. I want to delete/clear all the other cells that do not contain the ? pound symbol. This way I will be left with just the pricing info I need. All help appreciated On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 12:46:11 GMT, Gary N <gary.neill@allstate.com> wrote: >I want to delete/clear all the other cells that do not contain the ? pound symbol. "Be careful what you wish for" This can be done with a VBA Macro: To enter this Macro (Sub), <alt-F11> opens t...

Word 2004 Graphics problems
I have noticed some problems with inserted graphics when opening word 2001 files with word 2004, the graphics appear to be of a much poorer quality than when viewed in 2001. Is there a way around this? ...

telephone calls
when placing a telephone call using outlook, everything works fine except I can't hear the person i am talking to. They can hear me find. When I use a telephone program not associated with outlook every thing works great. can someone help ...

Calling Macro
Hi All, I have macro like this sub unique() '''''''' '''''''' Counter_item = 0 For Each Item In nodups counter_item = counter_item + 1 bic_var = Item Call Ps_Match Next Item end sub I have another macro Sub Ps_Match() ''''' ''''' If counter_item <= 1 Then call another_macro() end if end sub In the first macro i am declaring counter_item equals to 1. In my second macro i need to call that number. At the to of the module put: Public Counter_I...

Workflow -Assembly Call
How does add subtract in the Workflow>> assembly call works. I do understand that ypu can write your own custom workflows, register it and then call them from here, but I am pretty confused with the existing functionality. workflows can call other workflows workflows can also call a method in a .net assembly. ie you could write a piece of code in c# or vb.net and then have the workflow call your code. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "SAM" <SAM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE...

Can a chart series (row-based) occupy more than one row
I have a chart containing several data series held in rows in a worksheet. Before long the data will exceed the the full width of the worksheet. Transposing the worksheet to be column based and, more particularly, modifying the routines to import external data will be difficult. Is it possible to put new data into another set of equivalent rows below the first set in the worksheet and then to define each matching pair of rows as a single continuous series in the worksheet? Hi, Yes you can use non contiguous range references. This will plot the 6 points spread over rows 3 and 4. With c...

Async calls to WebService in MFC
Hey guys, I use a webservice over the net which is scripted in VB.Net. This web service receives a username and a password and returns a string structure with multiples infos. If the string is empty, I had the wrong username and/or password. Pretty simple isn't? Ok now the problem is a bit more complex. I'm using an MFC client to connect to these web services, and since they're on the internet, there's a delay between sending the data and receiving an answer. I don't know really how I can tell me client to "wait for the string". The wrapper MFC created for the w...

How do I place a chart in Publisher?
I am trying to do the Benefit Statements for our company using Publisher's mail merge. Everything works great except for the pie chart that I would like to include. Please help. Specifically what is the problem? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "shrn" <shrn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F0E7E33-78F6-4B77-B89B-B32580EA2501@microsoft.com... >I am trying to do the Benefit Statements for our company using Publisher's > mail merge. Everything works great except for...

criteria based on a form
i have a field and i enter the following criteria: like [forms]![formname]![fieldname] , but i get no data. if for example i enter in my form test i want the query to return data that start with the word test (i.e. test*). how can i solve this problem? [forms]![formname]![fieldname] & * -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "angie" wrote: > i have a field and i enter the following criteria: like > [forms]![formname]![fieldname] , but i get no data. > if for example i enter in my form test i wan...

Invalid procedure call or argument?
Hello All This is a re-post of a problem I posted a while ago, but to which I got no suggestions: hopefully I'll be more lucky this time!? I have the following code in a Private Sub: If InStr([ResponseXML], "element") > 0 Then errorfield = "Invalid " & Mid([ResponseXML], InStr([ResponseXML], "element"), InStr(InStr(InStr([ResponseXML], "element"), [ResponseXML], "'") + 1, [ResponseXML], "'") - InStr([ResponseXML], "element") + 1) Else .... Most of the time this works fine, but for some...

Slope from a range of cells
How gan i get the slope from a range of cells refered to a desire date? This is what I have in excel: ColumnA A B C D 10/17/2009 54 84 15 75 10/17/2009 58 46 48 65 10/18/2009 58 48 78 75 10/18/2009 46 78 45 46 10/18/2009 23 76 85 75 10/19/2009 12 95 95 95 10/20/2009 11 64 84 84 I want to get the SLOPE from Column B only for the dates: 10/18/2009 and 10/19/2009? Is it possible? how can i do it? -- asdf What do you mean by SLOPE in this case? I think of...