Call from a different sheet?

I'm wondering if it's possible in Excel to call data from a different
sheet.

For example if I changed A1 in sheet 2 it'd affect forumlas in sheet 1.

--
HisHighness
HisHighness's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31454

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You can link to another worksheet with a formula like

='Sheet1'!A1

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"HisHighness"
<HisHighness.23529z_1139785201.0964@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote
in message

> I'm wondering if it's possible in Excel to call data from a
> different
> sheet.
>
> For example if I changed A1 in sheet 2 it'd affect forumlas in
> sheet 1.
>

> --
> HisHighness
> HisHighness's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31454
> View this thread:

chip1 (1821)
2/12/2006 11:03:51 PM
HisHighness, if the formula is looking at sheet2 cell A1 it will, if this is
in sheet 1 it will change when you change sheet 2 cell A1

=Sheet2!A1
Does this help?  if not explain a little more what you want to do
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

wrote in message

> I'm wondering if it's possible in Excel to call data from a different
> sheet.
>
> For example if I changed A1 in sheet 2 it'd affect forumlas in sheet 1.
>

> --
> HisHighness
> HisHighness's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31454
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=511552

Nope that's exactly what I needed. Thanks!

--
HisHighness
HisHighness's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31454
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=511552

Call in?
Do new owners of Office X have to call up Microsoft to register their copy? If yes, what's the number? thanks. Ming <asdf@asdf.com> wrote: > Do new owners of Office X have to call up Microsoft to register their > copy? If yes, what's the number? thanks. Nope. We're not using Windoze :->>> This version does not require activation. Corentin -- - Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) - (MS) MVP: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?ln=FR&scid=fh;FR;mvp Newsgroups produits MS: http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/?ln=FR ...

Covered Call Options
Hello all, I do I go about dealing with a covered call transaction in Microsoft Money 2007 Premium? Currently what I am doing is inputing the option symbol, and choosing the transaction "Sell to Open" then when I go to expire the option I try to do a Sell to Close. However it does not seem to work? Also what happens if instead of expired I has the position assigned? how would I account for that? Thank you. Shhhh In microsoft.public.money, Shhhh wrote: > >I do I go about dealing with a covered call transaction in Microsoft >Money 2007 Premium? Currently what I am doing is...

Interactive XY charts where data are in different number formats
I posted this question earlier but, in spite of Tushar Mehta's valiant efforts, I was unable to resolve my problem. My data are organized differently than in the examples cited on his web page and my knowledge of the OFFSET and COUNTA functions simply proved to be too spotty. So, if I may burden you again: I have an array of data organized as follows: Response 1 2 3 4 5 Data in cells A4:F19: Probability 80% 70% 65% 75% 85% Number of Customers 115 185 100 160 190 Selling price $2.15 $1.85 $2.00 $2.30 $2....

Sheet name as cell value
Is there a formula, or "dynamic" method of taking the sheet name an putting it as a value in the same sheet. If the sheet name changes, the cell then updates with the new name. ? -- Jo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Jon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=317 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27051 Hi =MID(CELL("filename",$A$1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",$A$1))+1,36) Arvi Laanemets "Jon" <Jon.1eds5z@excelforum-nospam....

Call center tracking and reporting
Anyone use CRM 4.0 for call tracking? Our Sales/Marketing is set up. Now I need to decide how to most efficiently customize CRM 4.0 for our company's call tracking portion. Can someone send me a link to information? thanks ...

Different Colors for Companies
Is there a way to have Great Plains have different color schemes when logging into different companies? Not currently but if you search the newsgroup and vote on the previous suggestion for different colors, maybe they will do it. "Steve Chapman" wrote: > Is there a way to have Great Plains have different color schemes when logging > into different companies? You can have the company name showing in the application title bar. Before I joined Microsoft, I wrote this into Omni Tools. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer MBS Support - A...

How do I rotate a spread sheet to fit on page vertically?
Using excel 2003, hp 952c printer. I wish to rotate a spread sheet 90 degrees ti fit on printed page vertically so that the print is not so small. Is there a way? Thank you. Go File/Page Setup, then set to Landscape. Rgds, ScottO "Danimal4795" <Danimal4795@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F24164B9-4644-47C0-B98A-A0D1C3F0ACE4@microsoft.com... | Using excel 2003, hp 952c printer. I wish to rotate a spread sheet 90 | degrees ti fit on printed page vertically so that the print is not so small. | Is there a way? Thank you. Thanx. Now I feel silly. &quo...

Something different....Recovered items
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0023_01CA68DD.C15A1D50 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0024_01CA68DD.C15A1D50" ------=_NextPart_001_0024_01CA68DD.C15A1D50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I've not seen this 'line item format' before..note the characters after = the date and the newsgroup name. Win7 Pro Retail, WLM 0726 --=20 ....winston MS-MVP[Mail] ------=_NextPart_001_0024_01CA68DD.C15A1D50 Content-...

telephone calls
when placing a telephone call using outlook, everything works fine except I can't hear the person i am talking to. They can hear me find. When I use a telephone program not associated with outlook every thing works great. can someone help ...

Calling Macro
Hi All, I have macro like this sub unique() '''''''' '''''''' Counter_item = 0 For Each Item In nodups counter_item = counter_item + 1 bic_var = Item Call Ps_Match Next Item end sub I have another macro Sub Ps_Match() ''''' ''''' If counter_item <= 1 Then call another_macro() end if end sub In the first macro i am declaring counter_item equals to 1. In my second macro i need to call that number. At the to of the module put: Public Counter_I...

Different path
Hi, I would like to open a file but the path name should be given in the input box fox example: Workbooks.Open Filename:="\\10.10.10.4\x\y\z\a\PRODUCTION REPORT.xls" here "a" should be the input message. Basically i would like to extract the data from the path which is given as input Can any one hlep Thanks Sam You could try this: FileName = "\\10.10.10.4\x\y\z\" & InputBox("enter folder name without backspace") & "\PRODUCTION REPORT.xls" MsgBox fileName Workbooks.Open FileName Hans ...

Looking up data from another sheet
Sorry if this has an easy answer, but I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out how to do this and have thusfar come up empty. I've got a workbook that on the first sheet takes ID number data in from a card reader, formats it, and time-stamps it (it's to keep track of the users of a supply area). On the second sheet (same book), I've got a listing of ID numbers, names, and departments for all the users of this room (there are over 1000). What I'm trying to do is have a cell on the first sheet look up the name associated with an ID number and put that information ...

Workflow -Assembly Call
How does add subtract in the Workflow>> assembly call works. I do understand that ypu can write your own custom workflows, register it and then call them from here, but I am pretty confused with the existing functionality. workflows can call other workflows workflows can also call a method in a .net assembly. ie you could write a piece of code in c# or vb.net and then have the workflow call your code. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "SAM" <SAM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE...

Async calls to WebService in MFC
Hey guys, I use a webservice over the net which is scripted in VB.Net. This web service receives a username and a password and returns a string structure with multiples infos. If the string is empty, I had the wrong username and/or password. Pretty simple isn't? Ok now the problem is a bit more complex. I'm using an MFC client to connect to these web services, and since they're on the internet, there's a delay between sending the data and receiving an answer. I don't know really how I can tell me client to "wait for the string". The wrapper MFC created for the w...

9 different timzezones
Hey guys, I need some major help here. I want to make a table off hours that our friends can be online for assistance but the problem is that I need to make it in 9 different timezones. I found ut already that I need to use the 1904 system. Problem 1: I entered all numbers in zulu time since that one never changes. Now I get some negative timevalues. How can I change this? Preferably without macro. Problem 2: When I enter a formula and the source fielf s empty it will post the timedifference between the zones. I want a blank value in there Problem 3: On the second sheet I want a simplified ta...

Error: Too Many Different Cell Formats
All, Recently, while working with a large Excel 2000 workbook, I encountered an error. The error read "Too many different cell formats." After clicking "OK" I saved and closed the workbook. Unfortunately, now, my workbook will not open!!! Microsoft's fix posted on their website is to reduce the file formats in the workbook. However, once you've closed the workbook, it is impossible to open it again. Does anyone know of a fix for this problem. My last backup file is over two weeks old!!! Thanks, Mike Some people have reported success opening the fi...

Next sequential number on a different form
Is there a way to do this: I have a form called "List of Proposals Written" that is listed by th Proposal number. Is there a way to display on another excel spreadsheet, the mos current Proposal number? I know Access you use something like Dmax(ProposalID)+1 What should I do in Excel:confused: Any help would be greatly appreciated! Michae -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com "daniels012 >" <<daniels012.1b8pra@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote > I have a form called "List of Proposals Written" that is listed by the > Propos...

Invalid procedure call or argument?
Hello All This is a re-post of a problem I posted a while ago, but to which I got no suggestions: hopefully I'll be more lucky this time!? I have the following code in a Private Sub: If InStr([ResponseXML], "element") > 0 Then errorfield = "Invalid " & Mid([ResponseXML], InStr([ResponseXML], "element"), InStr(InStr(InStr([ResponseXML], "element"), [ResponseXML], "'") + 1, [ResponseXML], "'") - InStr([ResponseXML], "element") + 1) Else .... Most of the time this works fine, but for some...

Where to call SetWindowPos
In my SDI, can I place the following in CMainFrame::OnCreate( )? Or is there a better place? // ensure window opens on top when called by other applications, esp. the installer SetWindowPos(&wndTopMost, 0, 0, 0, 0, SWP_NOMOVE | SWP_NOSIZE); Note that wndTopMost really means it is always on top and can never have another app come on top of it. So wndTopMost is often a poor choice. SetWindowPos would not be the best choice here; SetForegroundWindow would be better. joe On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 17:04:00 -0400, "SteveR" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote: >...

List for multiple sheets
Hi There, I have a sheet where I have few lists such as Revision Number, Status, etc. I want to use them as a drop down list on the other excel sheets. How can I achieve this? Please help. Thanks Vivek Define a name for the particular list and use that name in the Data / Validation... function (it sounds like you know how to do this part). One way to define a name (easiest): Select the cells you want to use for your list. In the Name Box type in the name you want to call the selected cells then hit the 'Enter' key. Done! Another way is by going through the main menu --> Ins...

Coloring Sheet tabs
Hi, Does any one know if it is possible to customize the tab color of the sheets in a workbook. I would like to visualise which sheets belong togeher by giving them the same tab color. Many thanks in advance for your reply grtz ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements This is possible only in Excel 2002 and 2003. Right-click the sheet tab and choose Tab Color. ...

Unable to get DxgkDdiRecommendFunctionalVidPn call in windows 7
I am trying to add an initial vidpn topology by implementing the DxgkDdiRecommendFunctionalVidPn call in the WDDM miniport driver. But starting from windows 7 i am unable to get the DxgkDdiRecommendFunctionalVidPn function call from dxgkrnl.After searching through the MSDN documentation i found out that the function is deprecated starting from windows 7. msdn link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee220395.aspx According to msdn "On a computer running Windows 7, the display mode manager (DMM) determines an appropriate VidPN topology to apply using VidPN history d...

Call out to detect attaching files
Hi All, Is there a method to write a callout to detect file uploads. i knoe that when i file is uploading it's going to annotation entity. i have written preupdate and postupdate methods to track this. but when i add a file the event doesn't get fired and doesn't indicate the changes. later if i do a change to the note then i'm able to see the changes. can anyone tell me the reason... Thanks, Charith On Aug 7, 2:34 am, Charith <Char...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > Is there a method to write a callout to detect file uploads. i knoe tha...

Sheet Names / colors
Windows XP, Office XP On my laptop, when I am selecting multiple sheets, the default windows XP colors make it difficult to tell which sheets are selected vs not selected. I know that the color is controlled through the windows control panel, but I'm having trouble figuring out which property to change. Short of changing the 'tab color' of my default workbook, does anyone know which property to change? Hi the SIZE is defined by the setting for scrollbars. AFAIK for changing the color you have to apply a new theme (as I can't change the color in this settings) -- Reg...

World Wide Calling! Unlimited Incoming Calls.
New virtual access anywhere technology lets you call anyone, anywhere in the world, from any phone! Access: http://pt.telextreme.com/743499 ...