Calculation of Area Under a Continuos curve......Scatter Curve.

The variables are part of a scatter diagram, i.e. the variables
plotted on X axis do not have any defined relationship with the
Variables of Y axis......

Hi,  I am working on calculating area under a Continuous Curve..  I
have data poitnts...On X axis i have % of Cumulative numbers(Variable
X) and on Y axis i have  % of Cumulative numbers(Variable Y). If i
plot a curve by joinig thses points i get a smooth curve. If i have to
calculate the exact area under the curve using Integration Function in
Excel Sheet how should i proceed.

Data points are :
       Issuers Defaulters      Cum Issuers %   Cum Defaulters %
C       3       0       0.287907869     0
B       4       2       0.671785029     7.407407407
BB      35      5       4.030710173     25.92592593
BBB     242     15      27.25527831     81.48148148
A       293     4       55.37428023     96.2962963
AA      315     1       85.60460653     100
AAA     150     0       100     100
       1042    27

Want to calculate the total area under the curve formed by joining the
data points : Cum Issuers % and  Cum Defaulters %

Regards,
Abhishek
0
abhi.ibs (4)
11/3/2010 10:29:23 AM
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Scatter Plot Color
I want a specific color for a chart I created, but the data series keeps changing to a neon geen. I've changed the color several times and it always shows up neon green. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Adam Bush What version of Excel? What chart type? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "adambush4242@hotmail.com" <adambush4242hotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:343C2C3E-EFEE-485C-ABFD-7AA7A12E9E2C@microsoft.com... >I want a specific color for a chart I created, ...

How to calculate age of a person?

Post-versus Pre-surveys scatter plot chart
How I can do a Post-versus Pre-survey scatter plot chart? -- DSR For others who might be interested, I got an email from this person. Usually, I refer people to the newsgroups or just delete the email. This time I took the time to actually respond. Below is a copy of that reply. I assume you mean surveys that were conducted pre and post some event (such as a class) rather than pre-survey and post-survey because the latter, at least to me, is meaningless. There are a variety of ways to plot this, all being on the same chart. If your data are normally distributed plot both sets. I ...

Due Date Calculated

how to calculate outliers

Calculated field options???

Create a XY scatter plot with several series
I am looking to be able to easily create an XY scatter plot where the points can be identified in to separate series by a catagorical variable in a third column. Right now I do it by sorting on the third column and selecting (X and Y) one series at a time. Its okay if there are two or three catagories, but is not very user friendly if I want to change the catagories, there are several catagories or there are hundereds of points. Thanks Bob Sorry, it can't be done in the way you wish. A chart series is specified by a cell range, and all values in that range will be plotted. A p...

Time Sheet Function to Calculate

tenure calculations

Formula to calculate time

Insert calculated median field in pivottable
Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. Thanks, Joel Not supported in a pivot -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Joel Schaefer" <joel@disintegrators.com> wrote in message news:ev4P0Nk6FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried > inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. > > Thanks, > > Joel > ...

Rename areas in entity NavPane
Using Sitemap and Application NavBar we have been able to change the name from Sales to SomethingElse. But when we display entities like contact, the text Sales is still displayed in the contact Navbar and there is no way to change it to SomethingElse to be in correspondance with what we have done before. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the M...

Javascript help, calculation whoes when calculating from a calculation....
I am having a strange issue with Javascript and I cannot see what the issue us? Essentially I need to be able to calculate two values, one is addition and the second is multiplication. I am getting some strange numbers. My code is at the bottom under the ------, here are the details. crmForm.all.estimatedvalue.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_nextyr.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_yrtwoplus.DataValue = 10 This should make totalestrev = 30, Then its getting weird, I am taking the following formula (10/100)*30 = 270? Here 10 is the value selected from the drop down value, I ...

calculator errors
when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a1,b1) into cell c1. If a1 is 1000 and b1 is .10 than c1 should equal 100, but it equals 102.04. My calculator is off somehow when i try to multiply. Please help me. Thank You, Kat I'd take a look at the values in A1 and B1. Are they really 1000 and .10 or are they 1000.49999 or .10444 (for example) "Kat and the Calculator" <KatandtheCalculator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:591A3F6E-7C20-4C88-B1E2-6B76CFF502BA@microsoft.com... > when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a...

Calculating Employee hours for the current week
Hello, I am new to excel and have been assigned the task of creating a file that breaks down the amount of time each of our employees spends on different projects. Most importantly I want to create a rollup sheet that shows the total number of hours all the employees have spent on the different projects (there are 6) for the current week. Is there any way for excel to figure out the current week then add together the hours all the employees worked on these 6 projects? Thanks in advance. Hi, Take a look at the templates available from Microsoft at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/template...

Creating scatter chart with data point labels
I have categorized jobs on a scale of 1-10 for Ease of Implementation (1=hard, 10=easy) and 1-10 for Value Returned. I want to plot these so the easy, high value jobs appear in the upper-right quadrant, hard, low-value jobs in the lower left, etc. Data might look like: Task Ease Value Job1 10 10 Job2 1 1 Job3 3 9 Job4 6 2 The result would have job1 in the upper right corner (very easy, very high value), job2 in the lower left corner (not at all easy, very little value), job 3 middle of upper- left quadrant (not very easy but high value), etc. I can create a scatter chart just using t...

What does this calculation do?!
I am working with a colleague to create a spreadsheet to rank supervisor performance through several aspects of the average performance of their employees. We have been given a similar spreadsheet as an example of what is needed. I am looking at it, and initially cannot understand what in the world some of the calcuations are meant to do. Here is one that is meant to calculate the "ranking score." It is a percentage determined by a target percentage and the person's actual performance percentage: =IF(IF(C3>0,(C3/B3),200)>200,200,IF(C3>0,(C3/B3),200)) As far as I ...

calculation in menu/tool bar using option buttons and pull-down menus
hello: Like to be able to add a series of calculations into the menu bar. The calculations would require 1 input field, 2 sets of radio (or are they called toggle???) buttons, a pull down list and an answer field that was dependent on the radio buttons, pull down and # inputted. I can do all this in an Excel worksheet fairly easily; however, I'd like to put it up in the menu bar/tool bar area so it is easily accessable no mater what workbook I'm working in. How can I do this? Any places I can read about this on the Web? Thanks for any answers/pointers! For example, the basic con...

Savings Goals, how are they calculated
I have a budget that says I have $1000+ saved each month, when I setup a savings goal for three months down the road for $2000 it says that it is unattainable and the max I could save is $345! What else is calculated into the savings goals other than how much money is left over after each month! It just doesn't make sense. The only help it gives is check out your cash flow... and sure enough, at the time I want my savings goal to be reach it says that the total of my accounts is $4000+ dollars... why does Money keep saying that I can't do a savings goal above $345?!!! This is...

Inserting date calculations

Aggregate calculations on calculated query fields?
I made a query that uses fields from multiple tables to calculate values for daily metrics. I need to present monthly totals of the data as sums and/or means. The tables are linked by the Date (mm/dd/yyyy) field. I enter ‘between 03/01/2010 and 03/31/2010’ in the criteria for the date field. For the totals I enter ‘group by’ for the date and ‘sum’ or ‘avg’ for the calculated fields. When the query is executed I receive an error that I ‘tried to execute a query that does not include the specified expression *** as part of an aggregate function. *** is the calculated field in the...

I need help with a formula calculating time
I have a simple spreadsheet calculating the hours worked by a person, In the columns i have start time, end time and hours worked. The columns are formatted into hh:mm. The hours worked are calculated by subtracting end time from start time, based on 24hour clock. This works fine if the hours are worked on the same day, but if the person starts at 18:00 and finishes at 02:00 the subtraction doesnt work. If however i change the formatting of the cells to dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm this will work as the date helps. But i feel this would be too much info to enter for each person if i have ov...