Calculating times in excel

I want Multiple if Statements Based upon the value in Cell AA (value is numberic 1-5).

Here is the start of my formula...

=IFERROR(IF($AA$2=1,(X18>R18)&TEXT(ABS(X18-R18),"hh:mm"),IF($AA$2=2,(X18>F18)&TEXT(ABS(X18-F18),"hh:mm"),X18-F18))," ")

The Columns R,X,F, are times. This appears to work work when X is a time after Column R & F, but if the time in X is prior to R & F, It give me a time greater than 24 hours.

Any to calculate this?

Thanks in advance
0
coan.jim (2)
3/21/2012 6:39:02 PM
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Mar 21, 2:39=A0pm, Jimbo <coan....@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want Multiple if Statements Based upon the value in Cell AA (value is n=
umberic 1-5).

> Here is the start of my formula...
>
> =3DIFERROR(IF($AA$2=3D1,(X18>R18)&TEXT(ABS(X18-R18),"hh:mm"),IF($AA$2=3D2=
,(X18>F1=AD8)&TEXT(ABS(X18-F18),"hh:mm"),X18-F18))," ")

> The Columns R,X,F, are times. This appears to work work when X is a time =
after Column R & F, but if the time in X is prior to R & F, It give me a ti=
me greater than 24 hours.

> Any to calculate this?

Sorry dude. I am not going to try to puzzle out your incorrect formula
to try to guess your requirements in order to give you the correct
formula.

Can you write down what you want in words? See if you can explain it
without referring to cells or formats or if-then-else or any other
syntax.
Something like "When this one is bigger I want the difference between
those two" or some such.

Many computer problems are solved readily if you can clearly state
them.
Socks
0
puppet_sock (108)

Running macros when multiple Excels are open
Some of the macros I have written sometimes do not function correctly if another instance of Excel is open. The other instance usually also contains macros that may or may not have been executed. I thought I read somewhere that this is a common problem but a recent search has not turned up anything. Does anyone know of a solution to this or any tips to minimise the chances of this happening? I am using both Excel 2003 and 2007. Thanks. I can see where it might be a big problem if there are file names, sheet namen or other names that are common to both versions of Excel or betwe...

Excel - PDF
Is it possible to re-convert an Excel file which has been converted to a PDF back to Excel ? Ron100 wrote: > Is it possible to re-convert an Excel file which has been converted to a PDF > back to Excel ? No easy way if the spreadsheet has become a bitmap image. But OCR of a printed spreadsheet is a possible solution. You might wind up with a Word table that you can import into Excel. Bill You can turn a PDF file into an Excel file, you will NOT have the original Excel formulas macros etc. Only Text and or numbers. Ron100 wrote: > Is it possible to re-convert...

How to calculate age of a person?

entering data in excel invoices
-- TomA --- PattiD .. >-----Original Message----- > >-- >TomA >. > ...

Excel text corrupting problem
Has anyone seen anythink like what is happening in the Excel screenshot below .. http://www.jon-lamb.co.uk/tf_excel.gif The text is corrupting in cells. Its just happening on one PC and in most excel documents on that PC. It seems to happen a lot when cutting and pasting. So far, I've installed all office and windows updates, removed the anti virus software to test. Installed all graphics driver updates. PC spec is XP Pro, Celeron 3.2GHz, 2GB RAM. Office 2003 Any help much appreciated. Rgrds, Jon I believe that the display in XL is more through the Printer Driver than XL itself. T...

how do I import an Excel spreadsheet into mailing lables?
I'm trying to use an Excel spreadsheet with names and addresses for my Christmas Card mailing list. How do I import that spreadsheet? For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm And a training tutorial for creating envelopes and labels. http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC010390291033 Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 10:48:01 -0800, Monteb <Monteb @discus...

average if with time
I have data sorted by date(mm/dd/yy) and time(hh.mm.ss) and I am tryin to write a function which will average every hour. How can I sor through the times and compute an average without getting all the 2 clocks, for example, as opposed to the hour on one particular day Thanks for the help, Andrew Moo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Need a little more detail. Maybe give me an example of what you have a data and then tell me what results you are trying to recieve from tha data! michae -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I see your problem as having separate...

Excel Crashes Killing Me
Excel 2004, SP 11.2.3 PowerBook G4, 2 GB RAM, OS X 10.3.9 I've been working on a complex Excel financial model for a month now. I was putting the final touches on the whole thing this afternoon when it suddenly crashed. Previous crashes (many) left the model in a stable state and recoverable. The model has about 400 names ranges and many macros. It generally has been running stably. Unfortunately, that's not the case tonight. I save sequential backups frequently by shutting down Excel, duplicating the file in the Finder and naming the backup file with a numerical sequence number. I&...

multiuser access to excel files
Is there a way to allow for multiple users to access an excel workbook simultaneously if it is stored on a network share? "Ric Deters" <ricdeters@swbell.net> skrev i en meddelelse news:058c01c35320$297e2e60$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to allow for multiple users to access an > excel workbook simultaneously if it is stored on a network > share? Look in the Functions menu. Third item from the top (using a danish version so I don't know the english name for it) -- /\ preben nielsen \/\ prel@post.tele.dk tools/share workbook, and a check box. how nea...

Due Date Calculated

Excel Formula #13
I have a spreadsheet to log a persons manhours performed for the month. 31 columns with a totals column to follow the last day of the month. We are a military organization and there are a number of different statuses that a guy could be in on a given day. If, on the 5th, the guy works a drill I want to record it as a "U" so I know his status for the day. I want the totals column to read that as 8 hrs worked. How can I get my totals column to recognize an alpha character as a number? Mark Assuming alpha characters are recorded in row 1, try: =SUMPRODUCT((A1:AE1="U&qu...

how to calculate outliers

Calculated field options???

Time Conversion question
One of the pieces of software we use gives us time in an awkward format. 16633 means 166 minutes 33 seconds. I need a formula to convert this figure to a decimal respresentation of time (166.55 for the example listed previously). Any help will be much appreciated. =INT(A1/100)+MOD(A1,100)*5/300 HTH. Best wishes Harald "Sean Skallerud" <SeanSkallerud@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:050BD3C6-E67A-4F94-B08B-695A038B33A6@microsoft.com... > One of the pieces of software we use gives us time in an awkward format. > 16633 means 166 minutes 33 seconds. I...

tenure calculations

Time Sheet Function to Calculate

Web page in excel 2000
I am trying to use a web page to determine the distance from two sets o zip codes (about 5000 or so), and I don't know where to start. I looke in the "using excel to work with data on the web", but was unable to d import the web page. I'm not even sure that's what I want to do. An direction would be appreciated. thanks -- jmert ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jmertz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1600 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27471 ...

Formula to calculate time

Convert Lotus 123 Release 9 to Excel 2000
Can a Lotus 123 Release 9 spread sheet be converted to Excel 2000. Lotus spreadsheet is a basic spread sheet. stan stan, Macros won't convert but the basic spreadsheet should. From Lotus, do a "Save As" Microsoft Excel 97 Workbook. You should then be able to open it from Excel. Most formulas will automatically convert. John stan wrote: > Can a Lotus 123 Release 9 spread sheet be converted to > Excel 2000. Lotus spreadsheet is a basic spread sheet. > > stan "stan" <zpq@comcast.net> wrote... >Can a Lotus 123 Release 9 spread sheet be conver...

Not Windows but Chicago Hawks win Stanley Cup
Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook kisses the Stanley Cup after the Blackhawks stunned the Philadelphia Flyers 4-3 in overtime, capturing their first championship in 49 years. As you might guess, Hockey's key competition is named after me. Just kidding. P.S. I didn't know hockey is so active during Summer time, it was 90 degrees here the past week and we're not far from Chicago. Stanley Starinski I have a goat on Route9, NJ at my farm! "Ibrahim Al-Qassam (Abdelaziz)" <IranWillRuleWorld@alibaba.ir> wrote in message news:hure3v$...

Is it possible to have different send/receive patterns at different times?
Basically, here's what I want to happen. >From 8-5 or so, Outlook downloads my e-mail automatically with Send/Receive. At 5 or 5:30, when I leave the office, Outlook stops, and I can check my e-mail through our web interface. The simple approach is to just close Outlook, but I tend to forget to do that. So is there a way to set it, either with or without an add-in? Justin <jmeyer@incrementaladvantage.com> wrote: > Basically, here's what I want to happen. >> From 8-5 or so, Outlook downloads my e-mail automatically with > Send/Receive. At 5 or 5:30, when I le...

Insert calculated median field in pivottable
Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. Thanks, Joel Not supported in a pivot -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Joel Schaefer" <joel@disintegrators.com> wrote in message news:ev4P0Nk6FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried > inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. > > Thanks, > > Joel > ...