Calculating times in excel

I want Multiple if Statements Based upon the value in Cell AA (value is numberic 1-5).

Here is the start of my formula...

=IFERROR(IF($AA$2=1,(X18>R18)&TEXT(ABS(X18-R18),"hh:mm"),IF($AA$2=2,(X18>F18)&TEXT(ABS(X18-F18),"hh:mm"),X18-F18))," ")

The Columns R,X,F, are times. This appears to work work when X is a time after Column R & F, but if the time in X is prior to R & F, It give me a time greater than 24 hours.

Any to calculate this?

Thanks in advance
0
coan.jim (2)
3/21/2012 6:39:02 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Mar 21, 2:39=A0pm, Jimbo <coan....@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want Multiple if Statements Based upon the value in Cell AA (value is n=
umberic 1-5).

> Here is the start of my formula...
>
> =3DIFERROR(IF($AA$2=3D1,(X18>R18)&TEXT(ABS(X18-R18),"hh:mm"),IF($AA$2=3D2=
,(X18>F1=AD8)&TEXT(ABS(X18-F18),"hh:mm"),X18-F18))," ")

> The Columns R,X,F, are times. This appears to work work when X is a time =
after Column R & F, but if the time in X is prior to R & F, It give me a ti=
me greater than 24 hours.

> Any to calculate this?

Sorry dude. I am not going to try to puzzle out your incorrect formula
to try to guess your requirements in order to give you the correct
formula.

Can you write down what you want in words? See if you can explain it
without referring to cells or formats or if-then-else or any other
syntax.
Something like "When this one is bigger I want the difference between
those two" or some such.

Many computer problems are solved readily if you can clearly state
them.
Socks
0
puppet_sock (108)

Time Formulars
Can someone please tell me , is there a formular , for calculated hours worked eg: i use one column for start times , one for finished times , and I would like the third column to caculate the hours inbetween , Start 9:00:00am - Finish 2:30:00pm - Hours Worked 5.5 - Any help would be gratefully recieved. Dawn, Use something like =(End_Time - Start_Time)*24 If it is possible that the duration will cross midnight (e.g., start at 10PM,end at 2AM), use a formula like =(End_Time - Start_Time + (Start_Time<End_Time))*24 -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Co...

MSN BillPay: free service with 2004 & payment timing...
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3E71B.55CAC070 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Two questions from a new MSN BillPay user: (1) I just bought Money 2004 Premium and it has 2yrs of free MSN = BillPay. However, after I signed up, it shows I have zero free months. = I've looked everywhere trying to find where you're supposed to say "I = got money", but no luck. (2) When I schedule to pay a bill, say one month from today, It gets = entered into my register effective...

Printing Color-Coded Worksheet in Black & White Mode in Excel 2003
I work with farily complex Excel worksheets which require print outs as both hard copy and PDF. I normally keep the formatting as they are and select [Black and White] in [Page Setup] [Sheet], as this preserves the integrity of the financial model while printing out a clean copy for the enduser. However, this function basically converts everyting color-coded to black & white, including cell shading patterns; I normally accentuate certain important cells by shading them in black and using a white font color. While I want the output to be black & white, I do want to preserve this p...

Opening two separate instances of Excel
My users (who are accountants) use dual monitors and would like to open a different Excel file on each monitor for the purposes of reviewing changes between the two. I know that one method of doing this is by opening Excel twice with its shortcut, then highlighting one Excel window and opening an Excel file, then highlighting the other window and opening the other Excel file. Unfortunately, the software that my users use to organize the Excel files does not allow this to be done; it always opens every Excel file in the first Excel window no matter which instance is highlighted. We had a...

How do I link Excel chart axis scale settings to cells?
I want to link a chart's axis scale settings to cells. Is this possible? Hi, You can not directly link the scales setting to cells. Tushar has an addin which help. http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/autochart/index.html Cheers Andy strince wrote: > I want to link a chart's axis scale settings to cells. Is this possible? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Please ignore...I found the answer in another post. "strince" wrote: > I want to link a chart's axis scale settings to cells. Is this possible? ...

Opening Excel Spreadsheet on a tab #2
When I say tab, I of course mean a sheet -- david.willis ------------------------------------------------------------------------ david.willis's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14697 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=263201 One way: Put this in your ThisWorkbook code module: Private Sub Workbook_Open() Sheets(1).Select End Sub If you're not familiar with macro, see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm In article <david.willis.1d3hhz@excelforum-nospam.com>, dav...

Open file Slow on Excel 2003
We have upgraded our Office 2000 to 2003 and after the upgrade the response time to open a file on the network or C drive is slow. Once you have click on down arrow next to the look in box it takes a few seconds to respond. All the patches have been loaded. We are running windows XP Any suggetions ...

Excel Not Talking To Outlook [Email Settings] #2
This is a follow up to an older thread on the same problem. Search groups.google.com for the same subject and you'll find the previous thread (which lacked an answer). I'm just posting here for posterity. When sending email from Excel and expecting to see your Outlook contacts box come up for you but instead you see a strange box letting you choose "shared contacts" or "this identity's contacts", the answer is that Internet Explorer is set up to use Outlook Express for email instead of Outlook. Open IE, go to Tools > Internet Options > Programs tab. Chan...

Can Out of Office be set to expire at a specific date and time?
I'm running Outlook 2003 on XP. I'd like to set my Out of Office message to expire automatically. I can never remember to turn it off. Also reply to max.herron@l-3com.com Thanks, Max herronm <herronm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm running Outlook 2003 on XP. I'd like to set my Out of Office > message to expire automatically. I can never remember to turn it off. I don't think this is possible. However, how can you not remember to turn it off when it tells you it's on every time you start Outlook? -- Brian Tillman ...

how do I insert multiple rows in excel after every row of data
I need to insert 23 rows after every row that is currently in my spreadsheet For i = Cells(Rows.Count,"A").End(xlUp).Row To 1 Step -1 Cells(i+1,"A").Resize(23,1).Entirerow.Insert Next -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "grantm5" <grantm5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40AB897A-4D38-46AF-934A-2451496EEEC5@microsoft.com... > I need to insert 23 rows after every row that is currently in my spreadsheet ...

how do i calculate 2' x 4' x 4"
How do I calculate cubic feet in excel? I need to be able to do it two ways. With all feet or with feet and inches. example... 2' x 4' x 3' or 2' x 4' x 1'-5" or 2' x 4' x 4". I have a construction master IV calculator that will give me both answers in cubic feet. 2'x4'x3'= 24cubic feet or 2'x4'x1'-5"=11.33333 cu ft or 2'x4'x4"=2.6667 cu ft. I have excel 2003 is it possible to do this and if not why these are basic math. Also don't see any formulas that are geared towards the construction in...

Excel 2003 calculation set to manual after an update was run
Hi I have an user which uses alot of formulas. Updates ran about 2 weeks ago and since then any spreadsheets she worked on she needs to set the calculations from manual to automatic. When she does start a new spreadsheet calculations is set to automatic, but I need fix the problem with the previous spreadsheets. This setting is saved with the workbook. Just open each of the manual workbooks, set the mode to Automatic and save the workbook. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200735 "AntonZA2" wrote: > Hi > > I have an user which uses alot of formulas. Updates ran a...

Excel Test With Template Wizard
Hi, I�ve been asked to look at making past exam papers into online tests. I don�t know anything about programming, so the way I�ve done it is t use form controls in excel. I was thinking I could set it up as template with data tracking on the network so people could open a cop on their machine, then when they save it, it would feed back into database that could do the marking. I�m ok as far as designing the worksheet so it has option buttons etc for each question. My first problem is that, having created the worksheet, once it i protected, I can�t select any of the option buttons, even...

Unable to save excel worksheet to cd
Cannot save excel worksheet to cdrw. Error message says file is read only. "Deborah Short" <dshort@gcnetmail.net> wrote in message news:065101c35a8a$61ec03f0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Cannot save excel worksheet to cdrw. Error message says > file is read only. Save to HD, then copy to CDRW. ...

Excel 2007 startup
How do I start excel 07 with no blank workbook opening? On previous versions one could start the excel program without opening the blank default workbook, but, I can not find how to shut this off in 2007? "RPB" <RPB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:189FFE77-92D4-4276-BE0E-82A85B0BA1EC@microsoft.com... > How do I start excel 07 with no blank workbook opening? On previous > versions > one could start the excel program without opening the blank default > workbook, > but, I can not find how to shut this off in 2007? Well I've been using Ex...

paste special picture from Excel 2007 to Publisher 2007 doesn't work
I have a group of charts with text in surrounding cells that I want to copy and paste special picture enhanced metafile from Excel into Publisher. I have around 200 groups of these charts to paste into the Publisher file. What happens now is that the paste special command only reveals three options: new table, new text box, and HTML. When I copy paste special into Word the picture enhanced metafile is accessible and the image pastes fine. In Publisher pasting results in worksheet cells and the charts all in pieces and messy. I could copy the Word image into Publisher, but UGH!!200 TIMES. There...

Dates in Excel #8
Why does Excel assume that when you type December 2004 that you want the numeric equivalent and not a text entry? Is this just another illustration of Microsoft knowing what we need before we know it? Thanks I don't know why MS assumes this but you can precede the entry with an apostrophe and it will be text -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "FJB" <FJB0623@aol.com> wrote in message news:1109089977.316088.311020@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Why does Excel assume that when you type December 2004 that you want > the numeric equivalent and not a text entry? Is this jus...

Excel Chart Lines
I had 2003 and recenlty upgraded to 2007. I have a chart that the lines on the Y axis are all scrunched together to practicly make 1 bar instead of the 4 that should be see. I think it's possibly formatting... EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Using the Intercepting Filter Pattern to create a Generic Reusable Processing Pipeline http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/ce017b7f-19e5-4586-b227-c7f21cbe1b3c/using-the-intercepting-fi.aspx ...

Bringing variables from Excel to be used in Microsoft Query
I just started using Microsoft Query and it looks like it does a good job. However, I want it to pass over a special number that represents the number of seconds after 1/1/1970. What I do is create the value using date functions to get the current date then subtract and multiply to get the value. Now I'm trying to figure out how to modifiy Microsoft Query to read that value that's in that cell. Anyone know how I can do that? ...

changing the time between Home page refresh
We have had several customers wanting to change the automatic refresh time for the home page. ( its currently 60 mins which isnt really in line with the pace of todays businesses!) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssoluti...

How to use autofilter in excel with formula reference changing
Hi, I have a table A B C 1 forro 120 2 ment 80 40 3 forro 50 30 4 ment 40 10 5 ment 30 10 6 forro 20 10 7 forro 10 10 8 forro 5 5 Starting from C2, the column C has a formula (=B1-B2) result = 40; (=B2-B3) result = 30; etc... When I apply autofilter the formula in cell C keeps the original information (=B1-B2), and I would like to have a formula to change and shows de result as below (=B1-B3) result = 70; (=B3-B6) result = 30; etc... A B C 1 forro 120 3 forro 50 70 6 forro 20 30 7 forro 10 10 8 forro 5 5 The objective is to have a formula considering jus...

Creating a Combined Date/Time Shortcut
I know Excel provides shortcuts for entering the date (CTRL + ;) and the = time (CTRL + SHIFT + ;), but I really need one that will enter both the = date=20 and time in the same cell at the same time. (Since Excel does provide=20 formatting for same-cell date and time, it seems kind of odd that there = isn't=20 a shortcut to facilitate entry.) Is it possible to create an entirely = new shortcut=20 that doesn't use macros? (This last point is important, since the = workbook is=20 shared on a network.) Any help anyone can offer would be much appreciated--I'm getting=20 desperate. T...

using excel to compare two worksheets
I have two work sheets, one worksheet "RASTER" contains data like: 458 688 689 1208 1209 1651 1847 1848 2403 2404 2606 2616 2675 2677 6121 6609 6690 6691 and the other worksheet PRO-E contains data like: 689 1209 2616 2677 2830 2869 2870 2873 6695 7014 7399 8575 9098 9747 13405 13529 15992 16196 as you can see the two lists contain values with exact matches and also don't have matches. What I want to do is combine or compare the two worksheets and only show me what does not match. I only am concerned with keeping none matching values from worksheet RASTER. Thanks. Rodney...

Calculated Item in Pivot Table
Hi, I have created a simple pivot table which has rows like won, lost and a calculated item hitrate = won/(lost+won), that is a percentage field. The column represents differents entities of the company and I would like to have a "grand total" column that shows me the figures for the entire company. The problem is that either the 'grand total' feature of Excel or even a computed item will also sum up the percentage field (hitrate) which is clearly not what I want. How to do this ? In addition, is there a solution that still works when a new column is added ? Christian Yo...

Efficient Parametric Studies with Excel
Hello, I was hoping to find an easy solution to the following problem. Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to provide. Say I have a single cell whose value is a function of values of two other cells A3 = A2 * A1 If I were to make a multiplication table with A1 on one axis and A2 on the other, would I be able to fill it out by using the function specified above? Up until now, I have had to manually enter in each values into cells A1 and A2 and then 'special paste' the value of A3 into each table entry. This can get quite time consuming for tables with big dimensions. ...