Calculating perfect combination of numbers to end up as close to 1700.0 as possible

Hello,

I'm stuck with a problem. I use the following file:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...culations.jpg/
(which works perfectly)

The file uses MAX 15 different numbers (as seen in the IgG (g) column, 2 left of the red circled column).
Basicly what I want excel to do is to calculate all different possible combinations from that list and tell me which batches (1 till 15) I would have to use to come as close to 1700 gram in total as possible.

Like if I use the numbers 1 till 14, I would get a total of 1675.7 gram. Which comes pretty close to 1700, but there is probably a combination which comes closer to 1700. I want that combination

This problem is way beyond my excel/VBA skills and would very much appreciate if someone could help me out or point me in the right direction.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Take a look here...
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/templates/match_values/index.html
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA  .

"chris abbink" <chrisabbink@hotmail.com>
wrote in message
> Hello,
-snip-
> what I want excel to do is to calculate all different possible combinations
> from that list and tell me which batches (1 till 15) I would have to use to come
>as close to 1700 gram in total as possible.
-snip-

Margin Calculation
I am looking to create a formula where when the total cost of goods in known, I can input a desired margin and it will give me the sell. So if margin= (sell-cost)/sell*100 Help! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ One way: Assuming cost in A1, sell in B1: =(1-A1/B1)*100 In article <kbulm.1cops1@excelforum-nospam.com>, kbulm <<kbulm.1cops1@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > I am looking to create a formula where when the total cost of goods in > known, I can input a desired margin and it will give me the sell. > > So if margin= (sell...

Error number: 0x80090008 02-08-10
I've been working with Microsoft for over a month without resolution and it has now come down to reinstalling my operating system which I really would like to avoid. I noticed in December that I was not getting any update notifications so after about 2 weeks I went to the website for updates and when I click express I now get Error number: 0x80090008. This even comes up when I try to update windows defender software. I can't believe that there is no reference to what this error number refers to. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks. Windows version would be...? W...

Create User isn CRM 3.0
I am trying to create a new user in the CRM, but I get a messege stating that the http://crm/mscrmservices is not responding. I beleive I have all the right privliges. I attemtp to go to the website for mscrmservices and I can not login there, even using the domain login that runs the CRM services. I am using SQL 2000 with CRM 3.0 Thanks for the help Mathew ...

Freight Rate Calculator
When entering a sales order in Great Plains, we would like a tool to calculate the freight based on zip, dimensions and weight and write that amount into Great Plains. Any third party product out there that can do this? Have you looked at Vship from Vsync? or Starship? Are you shipping via UPS, Fedex or over the road carrier? Brian Business Microvar, Inc. >-----Original Message----- >When entering a sales order in Great Plains, we would like >a tool to calculate the freight based on zip, dimensions >and weight and write that amount into Great Plains. > >Any third...

Workflow to send email to current user (CRM 4.0)
Is there a way to configure the workflow in CRM 4.0 to send an email to the current CRM user when he/she manually runs the workflow? Thanks. The 'Modified By' User Email should work "The Office Guy" wrote: > Is there a way to configure the workflow in CRM 4.0 to send an email to the > current CRM user when he/she manually runs the workflow? > > Thanks. Note that the user may not be modifying the record before running the workflow. Thanks. "Fortis" wrote: > The 'Modified By' User Email should work > > "The Office Guy"...

CRM 3.0 and Faxing
I recently upgraded our systems CRM from 1.2 to 3.0. I was using Omnirush to handle all of our faxing from CRM. However it has come to my attention that Omnirush is not yet supported by CRM 3.0. Have any solutions been found that integrate w/ 3.0? Most importantly supports batch faxing I have not heard of any faxing solutions on v3 yet. However you may find omnirush works. Sometimes code from 1.2 can work on v3. Its a long shot but i recommend you at least try to run the 1.2 solution ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm <...

Need help with a simple Time calculation
Hi I'm a little new in Excel, I need some help with at sheet, that are able to calculate time something like this: text1 3:30 (3 min 30 sec) text2 2:10 3:40 (result of text1 and test2) text3 1:40 8:20 (result of text1, 2 and 3) total 7:20 Thanks in advance if the fields have times in them as they appear, just add them like any other cells and format as mm:ss or hh:mm:ss Regards Trevor "Bjarne Hansen" <bhansen1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:42ed31aa$0$7385$ba624c82@nntp02.dk.telia.net... > Hi > > ...

Form Numbers Automatically Increment by 1 Upon Opening
I need to have the form number on the form increment by 1 when the form is opened by another user on the system. I'd like to know how to do this also if anyone would care to share their knowledge. I assume it would take VBA. -- pdgood ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pdgood's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31623 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=538181 Have a look at John McGimpsey's VBA method. http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/sequentialnums.html Gord Dibben...

extract multiple numbers from string
Hi, How can I extract multiple numbers from a single text field where multiple numbers are separated by a comma? Each record looks something like this:(NumField1) [78115, 98112, 98991] OR (NumField2) [26775,18667]. I want to associate each extracted number from within brackets with another number from same record (in parens) and append pair to a table. Thanks for any help. Try using the Split function. Dim varValues As Variant varValues = Split(NumField1) will create an array where varValues(0) will be 78115, varValues(1) will be 98112 and varValues(2) will be 98991 for t...

MSDN for VC++ 6.0 appear to be corrupted!
Help! Not sure if anybody is facing this issue, apparently after installing some of the Windows Security Patches, many links in the MSDN libraries doesn't work anymore. It seems to me that even http://msdn.microsoft.com is having the same problem. Anybody have seen this before? Or is it just me? Any solution? Thanks in advance. I hope someone can answer this as it has happened to my installation as well! -- ============ Frank Hickman NobleSoft, Inc. ============ "Kwan" <ckkwan@my-deja.com> wrote in message news:df57e84d.0310302243.66e0cfaf@posting.google.com... &g...

IF Stmt. to calculate cumulative commissions
Folks, I am trying to write an IF statement that will do the following: It calculates a commission amount based on 3 level of Sales: If Sales is < = $1,500, calculate 0.0025*1500 If Sales is < = $3,000, calculate 0.0045*3000 If Sales is > $3,000, calculate 0.0050* cell reference... Now, this may look easy enough..here's the trick that needs to happen Say, sales is $5,500..the commission calculated should be cumulative i.e. 0.0025 * 1500, + .0045*3,000 + .0050*(remainder amount) What would be a clean way of doing this? I will appreciate any help. Thanks. Regards, Shams...

need to join/combine two tables into one table
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Is there a way to make two tables into one table? Somehow the table I was working on got broken into two tables and I need to rejoin them. I've searched the list for 'join tables' and 'combine tables' and get a thousand hits dealing with all 'tables' issues. I must be searching for the wrong thing. Select the empty paragraphs separating the 2 tables (turn on the � so you can see them) then do a forward delete (fn+delete on most laptops). HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 8/6/...

wince5.0 sdio wifi catalog problem
hi eveyone, i got a s3c2440 EVB with wince5.0 and sdio wifi card, i just want to know how many catalogs should i add to my os image to run my sdio wifi card on my EVB, thanks! I have add the following catalog SYSGEN_EAP SYSGEN_NWIFI_AP SYSGEN_NWIFI_STA SYSGEN_ETH_80211 SYSGEN_AUTH_NTLM and i got the log as following: ERROR: function @ Ordinal 2569 missing in Module 'coredll.dll' !!! Please Check your SYSGEN variable !!! sinojapan wrote: >hi eveyone, >i got a s3c2440 EVB with wince5.0 and sdio wifi card, i just want to know how >many catalogs should i add...

record number 02-19-07
Hello, I have a form that I created some navagation command buttons - Next, Previous etc. My question is what is the coding for having the current record number in a text box displayed. Any tips will be appreciated. Thank you in advance. See: Numbering Entries in a Report or Form at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-10.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "CAM" <alex_martinez@comcast.net> wrote in message news:OxmfYj$UHHA.3...

[CRM 3.0] How to delete the MSDN licence
I have a customer where the MSDN 10 user CRM licence was installed instead of the trail licence. They now how the proper licence key - however - the licence manager wont let me delete or change the key. How do I delete the key? - so I can install the correct one. ...

How do I convert nnnnnnnnnn to nnn nnn nnnn (Telephone numbers)?
Using Win XP, Excel 2003. I have hundreds of telephone numbers (exported from Outlook) in a worksheet column, some local, some international, all formatted as "General" 1) A formula or function to convert the following?: nnn nnn nnnn from nnnnnnnnnn also nnn nnn nnn nnnn from nnnnnnnnnnnnn also nn nnn nnn nnnn from nnnnnnnnnnnn etc, etc In essence each telephone number is to be converted to a groups of numbers (with a space between each group) with the last group contains 4 digits, with preceding groups (upto four) containing 3 digits and the first group either 1,2 or 3 digits.-...

Access 2.0 Conversion to Access 2003
I'm a newbie at this. An existing small stand alone project has to be converted to the current version of Access. I've d'ld the Access 2003 Conversion Toolkit and run the analysis on the two databases and it reported no major problems for the conversion. When I tried to import the tables into A2k3 a message stating that the 'you must install the Microsoft Access 2.0 Converter in order to convert this file.' I've followed the links to a page where I thought I would find the download or at least an email address where I could post a request. The search ende...

Urgent
Running RMS 2.0.0113 with SQL server 2.0 I receive error #-2147217871 when doing a recall of a workorder. The Query shown is: SET NOCOUNT ON SELECT [oRDER}.id, [Order].time, [Order].referenceNumber, isnull(customer.lastname,"), [Order].comment from[order] left outer join customer on [order].customerid= customer.id where ([order].type = ?) and ([Order].closed = 0) and (([Order].customerid = ?) or (? = 0)) order by [order].time This appears to an on and off situation as of this morning. I have not had this problem before this and no system changes were implemented. I did a reindex t...

Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92
There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 I had exchange 2003 on 2000 server, installed 2008 server and E2k7, moved the mailboxes. So far 3 users attempting a POP3 connection have received this error above. I have setup a new mailbox/user and dont get this error. I then deleted one of the 3 problematic user + mailbox, added a new user with same username + mailbo...

How is Return for Period calculated?
I am using Money 2003 and I did a Performance by Investment Account report for 2004. For most of stocks the Return for Period column is the Realized Gain/Loss + the Gain/Loss of your current holdings. However for some stocks the numbers don't seem to add up. For instance the realized gain is $400, gain of what I currently have invested is $500, and the return is reported as about $100. Could someone explain to me how this is calculated or if it's a bug. Thanks! Jon ...

Outlook not closing #2
Outlook was closed last night but the screen is still showing the 'please wait while microsoft outlook exits' box. Does anyone know why this is happening? Are you running anything that might keep Outlook running (like a fax module)? "John A" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04f301c3a9e4$5d70b150$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook was closed last night but the screen is still > showing the 'please wait while microsoft outlook exits' > box. Does anyone know why this is happening? No there is nothing running that would keep i...

[CRM 3.0] New Oppty Product doesnt pull through Price
Hi folks, For some reason our CRM 3.0 system isn't pulling through Price Per Unit values when you enter a new opportunity product. The correct values are set up against the product, and price lists are setup and selected in the opportunity. Anyone have any ideas or have come across this one before ? Cheers. ...

Outlook 2003
When I send a new email, it stays it the Outbox for sometimes and go. I checked in the Options->Mail Setup Tab and in the Send/Receive section, and the check box that says "Send immediately when connected" is checked. So I was assuming that right when you click on the Send button of a new email, it will send it right away. But maybe, it's when the next pool of Outlook ( is set to 5 minutes ) that check if there is new email, then the new email is send ? What is the behavior of Outlook 2003 when you click on the Send button of a new email ? Does it send it rigth away or it wai...

Serial Numbers Should Transfer Automatically
After Store X issues an inter-store Transfer Out of a serialized item, the receiving Store Y should not have to re-enter the serial number when receiving the Transfer In. The serial numbers from the originating store should carry through to the receiving store. Tom -- The worst words in business: "We''ve always done it that way" -- Stop Fishing for eMail. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you ...

Question Concerning Visual C++ 6.0
I hope this is the correct forum to post this or at least someone can help me out. I had Visual C++ 6.0 installed on my computer prior to a hard drive crash last summer. I had Windows XP Pro SP1. I'm not sure what version of Internet Explorer (maybe IE6?) but it was the one that came with the original operating system. I since had restored my hard drive but it is now Windows XP Pro SP2 and I have IE7. I'd like to reinstall the Visual C++ 6.0 on my computer but when I read the installation instructions it mentions it will install IE4. I'm hesitating because I'm not ...