Calculating perfect combination of numbers to end up as close to 1700.0 as possible

Hello,

I'm stuck with a problem. I use the following file:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...culations.jpg/
(which works perfectly)

The file uses MAX 15 different numbers (as seen in the IgG (g) column, 2 left of the red circled column).
Basicly what I want excel to do is to calculate all different possible combinations from that list and tell me which batches (1 till 15) I would have to use to come as close to 1700 gram in total as possible.

Like if I use the numbers 1 till 14, I would get a total of 1675.7 gram. Which comes pretty close to 1700, but there is probably a combination which comes closer to 1700. I want that combination

This problem is way beyond my excel/VBA skills and would very much appreciate if someone could help me out or point me in the right direction.

excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Take a look here...
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/templates/match_values/index.html
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA  .

"chris abbink" <chrisabbink@hotmail.com>
wrote in message
> Hello,
-snip-
> what I want excel to do is to calculate all different possible combinations
> from that list and tell me which batches (1 till 15) I would have to use to come
>as close to 1700 gram in total as possible.
-snip-

Exchange DoS vulnerability due to possible named properties overflow
Hello All, Here's a problem. Exchange Server 2003 has a hard quota limit for the named properties of the messages stored in Exchange Information store, as described in a KB article 820379. After the quota has been reached, numerous error messages with Event ID 9667 and 12800 from MSExchangeIS are generated in Exchange server's Application Log. This creates DoS conditions for the affected Information store. If the quota is increased up to the capacity limit of the named properties table (32,000), server can become unresponsive to client requests. Named properties quota overflow can be...

combining columns
Greetings, Struggling to figure something out. Thank you for your help... I have a column of 1200 fields. examples are "item 1", "item 2"... the big goal is to get one list that says "order item 1", "receive item 1", "install item 1"... So, I can use the concatenate function to generate columns of "order item 1", "order item 2" or "receive item 1", "receive item 2". Now trying to combine these lists so i get one long list where all of the actions for item 1 are listed first, then all actions fo...

How to calculate age of a person?

How to run an ASP1.0 application in a non-fully-trusted environment?
Hi everybody, First and foremost, I'm not sure these are the right groups to ask - if not, feel free to direct me to a more fitting gtoup. The company I work for has developed an ASP.Net website in Delphi RAD Studio 2007. So far, several clients have received this website, no troubles so far. With our latest client, however, we've stumbled upon a problem. The hosting company has warned us that they no longer support ASP 1.0, and that we need to switch to ASP 2.0. Further more, they do not allow applications to run in a fully trusted environment. My colleague has...

Due Date Calculated

Number not showing correctly
Hi, I had tried to enter a 12digit number in a worksheet but after entering it its not showing the coorrect number.Eg Iam trying to enter 857268578633 in the work sheet but after entering its showing 8.57269e+11 Why its happened Like this can you please explain me the format of the cell is probably 'General' instead of number. When you select number you can select the number of decimal places and/or the comma and negative number format if you like. If it then shows up as ###### or still has the scientific format appearance, you can widen the column. "Nawas" wrote: ...

how to calculate outliers

Error with Business Portal 3.0 Timesheet Approval
Hi, I am getting an error when trying to approve a timesheet in Business Portal 3.0: Processing failed for DYNSA-TS-090206-6 : Total Costs does not match sum of detail line costs I ran an SQL Profiler trace and found that the TotalCost field in PDK10000 adds up to the lines in PDK10001. This error only happens when time is entered on more that one line. I am running GP 9.0 SP1 and eConnect runtime 9.0.1. Thanks Konrad Konrad, Thanks for using the newsgroups. I have seen this error before, and it was due to missing data. Check the following columns: PA01201: PAMCCURNCYID PA01301...

New! Consecutive Numbering Tutorial for Publisher 2002/2003
http://www.mvps.org/publisher/numbering1.html Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.kvalheim.org ...

group of numbers
How can I make a bunch of numbers being recognized as a group? I've got the following numbers: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. I want them to be considered as a group. How can I achieve it? Thank you for your attention --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You can name the range of cells that contain the numbers. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html If that's not what you're trying to do, perhaps you could give a bit more detail. PeaceMaker < wrote: > How can I make a bunch of numbers being recognized as a group? > > I&...

How to get the digit number of a LONGLONG data?
How to get the digit number of a LONGLONG data? for example:LONGLONG aaa=123; then the digit number is 3; LONGLONG aaa=5678; then the digit number is 4; Another way is: int digits = 0; LONGLONG number = aaa; while (number > 0) { number /= 10; digits++; } Geo >-----Original Message----- >How to get the digit number of a LONGLONG data? >for example:LONGLONG aaa=123; then the digit number is 3; > LONGLONG aaa=5678; then the digit number is 4; > > >. > As long as the number isn't negative. "Geo" <ckarakiro@hotm...

transaction number #2
hi all while generating detailed sales report in mrms 1.3 we select transaction number to view journal of that particular bill,we find correct details in journal. But when we see in detailed sales report , we find items which are not a part of that journal displayed under transaction #. Is there query any problem in detailed sales report query in qrp reports. Rizwan, Have you tried to reindex the database? It's in the RMS Administrator under the database menu. Are you having any other issues with the software? Daniel techs1@nurol.com NuRol Point of Sale www.nurol.com 404-352-...

Numbering
Hi, I am new to Word 2007 and am looking for a little be of help. hopefully someone knows the answer. I am creating a document with various headings. Having set-up my styles I have now encoutered a problem. I have various sections and the numbering is ok for Section A, however, when I reach Section B although the main heading is ok "2 SECTION B" (the numbering following from the main heading of SECTION A), the main body numbering follows of from Section A and does not restart. See example below At the present the document looks like this: 1 SECTION ...

Calculated field options???

tenure calculations

Dynamics 4.0 slow to retrieve data when custom fields / lookups us
We've have this issue whereby if a custom field, say on the contact, is indexed, when you use advanced find, it seems to use the index. The response is acceptable. It appears however it you use the standard search bar and try the lookup, it appears that table scans are happening. Can anyone advise if we're reading the situation correctly and whether there is a way to speed up to normal search. Thanks -- C ...

Time Sheet Function to Calculate

How do I access trial version files after grace period ends?

Combine 2 Money files into 1
I'm wondering if there is any way to combine 2 seperate files into one file. The only way that I can see to do it is to export thr accounts into QIf then import thrm back in. The only disadvantage to that is that i can't export any Loans and liability accounts. I'm running Money 2004 Thanks for the Help In addition When I import the QIF files it throws off the total amounts in the accounts >-----Original Message----- >I'm wondering if there is any way to combine 2 seperate >files into one file. The only way that I can see to do >it is to export thr ac...

Advanced views.."By Conversation". Is it possible to have a view where I see only the first Item of a conversation?
Hi, I receive emails from a distribution list. I have set a "Search Folder"(outlook 2003) for these emails that allow me to view items arranged by Conversation. I need to create a view that will allow me to see Only the first items in a conversation.By viewing that conversation I should be able to decide whether or not I need to expand that group and read later emails in that thread. If I decide not to follow up on that conversation, I should be able to delete it and not have items from that conversation visible. This sounds challenging but I'm sure that the Outlook experts ...

Formula to calculate time

Installing Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 Workflow
Hello, We are trying to install GP Workflow on the server with Windows Server 2008. When reading the Workflow installation guide, we find that one of the pre-requisite is MOSS 2007. We do not have Office Sharepoint Server 2007. Is this a MUST HAVE product for GP 10.0 Workflow to be installed? I understand that Workflows are configured from the web. If we install GP Business Portal, can we configure WOrkflow from Business Portal? Any advice is greatly appreciated. May May, Microsoft Office Sharepoint (MOSS) 2007 Enterprise Edition is a '"MUST" for using Workflows functional...