Calculating no of work days between two dates

Please advise how to calculate the number of work days (excludin
weekeends and holidays) between two date

--
fluffywhitedo
fluffywhitedoh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3528

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

=NETWORKDAYS(start_date,end_date,holidays)

holidays is a range of holiday dates.

You will need to have the Analysis Toolpak installed, Tools>Addins, and
cheek it.

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"fluffywhitedoh"
<fluffywhitedoh.298avb_1150014001.9675@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:fluffywhitedoh.298avb_1150014001.9675@excelforum-nospam.com...

http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35288
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=550759

0
bob.NGs1 (1661)

Common reasons why Keep Together sometimes doesn't work?
Does anyone know of some common reasons why Keep Together would not work? I have a report where it appears it is working, then half way through the report, one particular group spills across to a page where a new group would start...then thereafter it works again. All of my sections have Keep Together = True, as well as the Sorting/ Grouping for the different sections, Keep Together = Whole Group, and Group On = Each Value. I almost want to think it is the data that is tripping up the report. Also, there is a subreport (query) but it stays together like it should, no problem. Thoughts? Tha...

Compare two Files
Hi I wanted to know that is there any method of comparing two files that may reside on two different systems. Actually i have to take backup of files on one system on other, excluding the files that are already on the remote system and not modified or changed at local system. I cant afford to read the whole file on the remote system before calculating thier difference. Also the remote machine may be on local LAN or accessible over internet. Regards Usman Jamil No way I know of. Dates are largely irrelevant, in that the files may be identical but have two different dates, or even in extreme ...

How to calculate age of a person?

Due Date Calculated

how to calculate outliers

Outlook fails to connect to exchange every second day.
Hi, I have a client who uses exchange and asked about a bizzare behaviour they have been experiencing. Apparently every (approximate) two days when they come into the office their outlook will fail to connect to exchange. What they have been doing to fix this is to Reboot exchange. For some reason this is working. What I am hoping to find is a "fix" that doens't require a reboot. :) There seems to be an error in the event log indicating that the exchange database is larger than it is allowed to be. Could this cause the experience they are seeing? Any clu...

Calculated field options???

GP- Promise to Pay Reporting by Date Range
I wish to build a query that reports action type, Promise to Pay, by customer within a defined timeframe. In the attached test transaction, I report one transaction with an action date within this timeframe. When I run the query, it prompts me to check an action type when the action type is already built into the query? Why am I required to select an action type? I built query includes two transactions with Promise to Pay, Action Promised. However, one transaction is outside the nominated action query date. I report the same query where I selected a note range to 9/30/2008 and the s...

Deletting last work from Cell
Hi Does anyone know the formula for deleting the last word from the cell For example my cells read M04274059519 Total ...

Time Sheet Function to Calculate

Problems getting xsl:key to work....

tenure calculations

Access2k3 Application works under XP, fails under Windows 2000
SCENARIO: Application originally developed in Access 97 several years ago. Worked with no problem until recent change from Novell to Active Directory. PROBLEM: Application was converted from Access 97 to Access 2003. It WORKS on machines running Windows XP It FAILS on machines running Windows 2000 as below: In the Form_Load event of one of the forms (which contains a number of subforms) the following lines appear: Forms![frmPartDetails]![fsubNHA_Details].Form.RecordSource = "qryPart_Details_frm_NHA" Forms![frmPartDetails]! [fsubEndUnit_Details].Form.Rec...

Formula to calculate time

Insert calculated median field in pivottable
Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. Thanks, Joel Not supported in a pivot -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Joel Schaefer" <joel@disintegrators.com> wrote in message news:ev4P0Nk6FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried > inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. > > Thanks, > > Joel > ...

Upgrade to XP
I had 98 and upgraded to XP and now I can use Outlook...when I tried putting the CD its gives me the following error ERROR APPLYING TRANSFORMS. VERIFY THAT THE SPECIFIED TRANSFORM PATHS ARE VALID. How do I check that?? ...

Javascript help, calculation whoes when calculating from a calculation....
I am having a strange issue with Javascript and I cannot see what the issue us? Essentially I need to be able to calculate two values, one is addition and the second is multiplication. I am getting some strange numbers. My code is at the bottom under the ------, here are the details. crmForm.all.estimatedvalue.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_nextyr.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_yrtwoplus.DataValue = 10 This should make totalestrev = 30, Then its getting weird, I am taking the following formula (10/100)*30 = 270? Here 10 is the value selected from the drop down value, I ...

documents in transaction inquiry should default to date
When first entering the Payables Transaction Inquiry - Vendors screen, the documents section is defaulted to "by document number." It would be extremely helpful to have the option of being able to change the Documents default to "by Document Date." ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and the...

How do the client cals work?
I'm new to crm and a client of my companies just bout a 6 cal license. My question is, how do I enable the cals? Does it automatically know how many cals i have by the registration key? If I would ever buy more cals, how do I enable them? Hi Zach; The answer depends a bit on the type of licensing model you purchased under, but generally speaking you use the CRM Deployment manager (an app on the CRM server) and you will see a node there called License. You should be able either add your key there, or update the license key information there. Dave Ireland "Zach Thomas"...

Calculating Employee hours for the current week
Hello, I am new to excel and have been assigned the task of creating a file that breaks down the amount of time each of our employees spends on different projects. Most importantly I want to create a rollup sheet that shows the total number of hours all the employees have spent on the different projects (there are 6) for the current week. Is there any way for excel to figure out the current week then add together the hours all the employees worked on these 6 projects? Thanks in advance. Hi, Take a look at the templates available from Microsoft at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/template...

calculator errors
when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a1,b1) into cell c1. If a1 is 1000 and b1 is .10 than c1 should equal 100, but it equals 102.04. My calculator is off somehow when i try to multiply. Please help me. Thank You, Kat I'd take a look at the values in A1 and B1. Are they really 1000 and .10 or are they 1000.49999 or .10444 (for example) "Kat and the Calculator" <KatandtheCalculator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:591A3F6E-7C20-4C88-B1E2-6B76CFF502BA@microsoft.com... > when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a...

VBA Script stops working
What would cause my vba mods to just stop working after several months? I wrote a script to make the user-defined fields in Sales Transaction Entry required. Based it off of the sample script in the knowledgebase. Had to do a workaround because the transaction screen is an Alternate Window from Certitax. I set up the reference between the Certitax Alternate Sales Trx window and the GP User Defined window. Everything was working fine - for a while... One user that had the vba mod told me a couple weeks ago that her script stopped working. Since she wasn't doing sales order entry, ...