Calculating hours #2

Hi - I'm still have problems with totalling a column of hours. eg 1.5 hours
per day for 22 days should total 33hrs, however the total shown on the
spreadsheet is 9hrs. Note: 22+9=33. I am using Custom hh:mm. What am I doing
wrong?

Thanks - Dave

0
cadasco1 (9)
5/2/2007 5:49:03 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You mean 24+9=33

use custom format

[hh]:mm

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Dasco" <Cadasco@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi - I'm still have problems with totalling a column of hours. eg 1.5
> hours
> per day for 22 days should total 33hrs, however the total shown on the
> spreadsheet is 9hrs. Note: 22+9=33. I am using Custom hh:mm. What am I
> doing wrong?
>
> Thanks - Dave

0
terre081 (3244)
5/2/2007 6:09:36 PM
Hi Peo - That's exactly what I'm using to total the total time. What am I
missing?

Regards - Dave

"Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote in message
> You mean 24+9=33
>
> use custom format
>
> [hh]:mm
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom
>
> "Dasco" <Cadasco@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi - I'm still have problems with totalling a column of hours. eg 1.5
>> hours
>> per day for 22 days should total 33hrs, however the total shown on the
>> spreadsheet is 9hrs. Note: 22+9=33. I am using Custom hh:mm. What am I
>> doing wrong?
>>
>> Thanks - Dave

0
cadasco1 (9)
5/2/2007 6:27:35 PM
In your first post you are saying that you are using custom hh:mm not
[hh]:mm
Which one is it?

--

> Hi Peo - That's exactly what I'm using to total the total time. What am I
> missing?
>
> Regards - Dave
>
> "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> You mean 24+9=33
>>
>> use custom format
>>
>> [hh]:mm
>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Peo Sjoblom
>>
>> "Dasco" <Cadasco@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi - I'm still have problems with totalling a column of hours. eg 1.5
>>> hours
>>> per day for 22 days should total 33hrs, however the total shown on the
>>> spreadsheet is 9hrs. Note: 22+9=33. I am using Custom hh:mm. What am I
>>> doing wrong?
>>>
>>> Thanks - Dave

0
terre081 (3244)
5/2/2007 6:32:33 PM
I'm using custom hh:mm not [hh]:mm. I can't find custom [hh]:mm in my list.
BTW I'm using Excel 2002 fully up-to-date.

Thanks - Dave

> In your first post you are saying that you are using custom hh:mm not
> [hh]:mm
> Which one is it?
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom
>

> "Dasco" <Cadasco@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Peo - That's exactly what I'm using to total the total time. What am I
>> missing?
>>
>> Regards - Dave
>>
>> "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> You mean 24+9=33
>>>
>>> use custom format
>>>
>>> [hh]:mm
>>>

>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Peo Sjoblom
>>>
>>> "Dasco" <Cadasco@hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
cadasco1 (9)
5/2/2007 6:44:11 PM
You have to manually type in [hh]:mm in the custom box or else it wont work
do format>cells>number>custom and in the type box type [hh]:mm over whatever
is there.

--

> I'm using custom hh:mm not [hh]:mm. I can't find custom [hh]:mm in my
> list. BTW I'm using Excel 2002 fully up-to-date.
>
> Thanks - Dave
>
> "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> In your first post you are saying that you are using custom hh:mm not
>> [hh]:mm
>> Which one is it?
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Peo Sjoblom
>>

>> "Dasco" <Cadasco@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi Peo - That's exactly what I'm using to total the total time. What am
>>> I missing?
>>>
>>> Regards - Dave
>>>
>>> "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote in message

0
terre081 (3244)
5/2/2007 7:03:55 PM
Done it!! I've been trying for weeks with this!! Thanks for sticking with my
ignorance. Simple innit.

> You have to manually type in [hh]:mm in the custom box or else it wont
> work
> do format>cells>number>custom and in the type box type [hh]:mm over
> whatever is there.
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom
>

> "Dasco" <Cadasco@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I'm using custom hh:mm not [hh]:mm. I can't find custom [hh]:mm in my
>> list. BTW I'm using Excel 2002 fully up-to-date.
>>
>> Thanks - Dave
>>
>> "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> In your first post you are saying that you are using custom hh:mm not
>>> [hh]:mm
>>> Which one is it?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Peo Sjoblom
>>>

>>> "Dasco" <Cadasco@hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
cadasco1 (9)

NDR in 2 Exchange Servers 2003 on 2 domains
Hi, 2 Exchange servers 2003. 2 domains. a.fr and b.fr. The Active Directory domain is xxx.local. Each domain is hosted on a distinct server, on the same Exchange organization. When an email arrives from outside the non delivery receipt is sent from postmaster@xxx.local. As almost every MTA now is checking if the 'from' belongs to a valid domain, this does not work. It is possible to change the NDR originator to postmaster@a.fr or postmaster@b.fr. But this is valid for the whole organisation. And I need the a.fr server to answer with postmaster@a.fr and the b.fr server answer from po...

Windows Mail on 2 computers
Is it possible to run the same e-mail account in Windows Mail on 2 computers and synchronise the two? I use Vista Home Premium on a desktop and laptop which are networked wirelessly through a Netgear router. Any ideas gratefully received. You can setup the account on both computers and under Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced set both to leave a copy of the messages on the server so both will receive all the messages and set one computer to delete them after a few days to ensure your mailbox on the server doesn't fill up. Then you will have the received emails...

Autoarchiving #2
Our company has windows 2000, we have emails that after seven days are no longer needed, I have all the folders archiving features set to how we want, but is there any way for Outlook to "auto"archive without closing and starting up outlook or going to File: archive? It would be great to not have to do either since we do not shut down the machine. Please post any answers or suggestions. Thank you You should be able to set Outlook to AutoArchive every day, or however often you like (1 day is the minimum)...this would be done through the global AA settings in Tools | Options |...

SDK integration in VS2005 #2
In my MFC application I have resources in german as default and in english, all included in the .exe. Whenever the program runs under a german version of the OS it appears in german if it runs on any other language it should come up in english. I'm using this code: #ifdef FORCE_ENGLISH_US lcidUser = MAKELCID(MAKELANGID(LANG_ENGLISH, SUBLANG_ENGLISH_US), SORT_DEFAULT); #else lcidUser = GetUserDefaultLCID(); #endif LANGID langid = LANGIDFROMLCID(lcidUser); if (PRIMARYLANGID(langid) != LANG_GERMAN) { LCID lcidUsEnglish = MAKELCID(MAKELANGID(LANG_ENGLISH, SUBLANG_ENGLISH_US), SORT_D...

How to calculate age of a person?

OWA Attachments #2
Hi Exchange 2003 SP1, Windows Server 2003 When users are using OWA externally I want them to be able to open any attachments, but block them from being able to send attachments. Is this possible? if so what is needed. Thanks RajiA ...

Sending #2
When I send an email from other then the NEW EMAIL link, the email sit in the outbox. This includes a send from IE, ACT contact databas program, sometimes other places. The Microsoft forums produce n responses. Thank you ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

CRM 1.2 Console Logon Problem
Folks, I have CRM 1.2 installed on a SBS 2003 Premium server with the SBS SP1 installed, the default port number for the site is 83 and not 80 as it would conflict with another product. I have created a link for users with the port number in and this works fine from client machines, but if I use the server console to try and access the same site an authentication box appears and will not accept my credentials (Administrator) and then fails with you do not have permission to access this site. The same happens if I try and use the Deployment Manager. If I log on to a client Workstation...

Due Date Calculated

how to calculate outliers

Same Sender Multiples Email #2
Did you check to see if these users have rules to forward? The answer is Yes Are these users in these DL's contain both external and internal users? Yes Also were you able to check the message ID's to see if they are indeed duplicates? The answer is also Yes Is there a utility or configuration setup to filter those msgs? Thanks a lot for the help "jamestechman@gmail.com" wrote: > Did you check to see if these users have rules to forward, if not did > at one point have rules that forwarded? Also someone asked if these > senders in the DL's were external or i...

transaction number #2
hi all while generating detailed sales report in mrms 1.3 we select transaction number to view journal of that particular bill,we find correct details in journal. But when we see in detailed sales report , we find items which are not a part of that journal displayed under transaction #. Is there query any problem in detailed sales report query in qrp reports. Rizwan, Have you tried to reindex the database? It's in the RMS Administrator under the database menu. Are you having any other issues with the software? Daniel techs1@nurol.com NuRol Point of Sale www.nurol.com 404-352-...

Keeping Track of Vacation/Personal Hours Used
What do you recommend is the best way to keep a running log of vacation and personal time used in Outllook 2002? I would like to automate as much as possible. Would I use Calender or Tasks? Thanks Your best bet is to use an application designed for time-tracking. Outlook is not designed for this specific task. You can use the Journal to tally your time spent on tasks, but I would have no idea how you would track your vacation, since that time is spent out of the office, presumably. Try google.com for time tracking applications, as there are several good ones out there that are d...

Calculated field options???

How to add formulas together, hours & minutes function.
Hi Group, Please could you give me an all singing, all dancing formula, or an explanation of how to put these together. A1 B1 23:00 07:30 =IF(B1<A1,B1+1,B1)-A1 This gives me the hours and minutes 8:30 in C1 (Format/Custom/HH:MM) One hour needs to be added so... =C1+01:00 gives me 09:30 in D1 (Format/Custom/HH:MM) Then I need it dislayed in decimal format =D1*24 which gives me 9.5 in E1(Format/General) It's not actually set out like that A1 B1 C1 D1, with the result I need in E1, but it makes it easier to explain. It's not urgent, as I already have the calculato...

tenure calculations

Top Internet Marketer to reveal his Secrets: #2
Top Internet Marketer to reveal his Secrets: Saturday, March 3, 2007 Learn How to Make Money Like the Top Web Earners. Finally "The Exact System" used by Internet Millionaires to get crazy rich with their home based business is now available to the general public. "I was tired of seeing all these other products out there on the web today that are just crap...." -- See the rest of this storie at: http://www.webdominance.blogspot.com/ -- Got to his website: http://www.pimpmylifeaz.com/ Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services -----------...

business portal install #2
have installed business portal - when trying to connect I just get the error message "Service Unavailable" - any suggestions appreciated. ...

Time Sheet Function to Calculate

Clip Organizer #2
How do you copy your clip art organized folders to a new computer. I can't find where it is stored on my system in order to transfer them to my new computer. This article explains how to share clipart on a network, it will help you find your clips and move them to your new computer. Rather than using a server, copy the information on a CD and let your Organizer find the clips. Clip2002: How to Share a Collection on a Network http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=300859 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com...

CString in DLL #2
I have several DLLs that contain CString objects that were compiled with eVC++ 3.0 and eVC++ 4.0 compiler, but now I am porting them to VC++ 2005 and am getting a lot of warnings/errors class 'ATL::CStringT<BaseType,StringTraits>' needs to have dll-interface to be used by clients of class 'CDSNInfo' Is the above warnings really a problem or can I safely ignore that warning? I am passing those CString objects back and borth betwen DLLs and between DLL and application programs. All that's telling you is that you need to declare your those variables with the ...

Formula to calculate time